jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 PM

I don't know how to use those things :(

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM

@For-Chan Cookie ~ those skins are awesome! I'll give it a try later and see if I can get one to work. ;)

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM

@Jelly - I'm going to assume you're talking about a custom skin and hope I'm right. Using a custom skin is really easy. You could put it in a folder to use, but the easiest way to do it is to go to Minecraft.net and log in. Go to Profile and that's where you change a skin. If you save one of those tiny skins you can upload it and save it and be done. On my page, you can just click the little skins and it will take you to the page and ask if you want to use that skin (if minecraft.net isn't being bitchy, you might have to refresh once or twice.) Clicking this will get you there (this is She-Ra):

Most skin sites will provide that kind of link for you to just click and load the skin. If not, just save it and load it up manually. As long as minecraft.net is up, you'll see your skin. Sometimes, if it gets laggy, you may still see the default skin. But the advantage of switching skins there means that you will show your custom skin on multiplayer servers and be able to see other people's custom skin.

@Bellybutton - Thanks :D I need to make more. I was thinking of trying to make some Jem skins next, but I'm not sure XD They all wear different outfits and other than Jem in her pink dress it's hard to pick one iconic one that makes them identifiable.

And hopefully the instructions above help you. We shouldn't be stuck running around as rough miners when there are better options. Now if only we could change the manly grunts :rofl:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM

I shall try when I'm not 75% asleep :3 Thank you for explaining!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Yes, I reccommend at least 50% awakeness :rofl:

You're welcome.

Soda
Sodipop

Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 AM

Hey minecrafters! I haven't bought the game yet (though I'd really like too) but I came across a really cool youtube video tonight and thought of the Minecraft thread.

Deamau5 himself (a famous DJ who made the original song) posted this on his facebook. It's insanely awesome! :lol:

SuperSimoholic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM

I've been completely addicted, I got it a couple of months ago, I bought it when it was still in Alpha mode, the only reason I stopped is because on of the new updates means the server I'm playing on went down, but I've been playing in single player on and off, I'm building a statue of my skin.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2011, 12:35 AM

I made a portal to the nether! Bwahaha.. Now I just need to make some decent armor/weaps.

the antitwite
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 PM

I had to wait until I finished high school to get into minecraft, which was the end of last year. My brother got into it about midway through 2010 and got completely hooked, he warned me that the same would happen to me, so I waited until my exams were over..... and now im caught!!! haha its brilliant and so fun, im completely addicted

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 AM

I go on binges where I play so much that I see it when I close my eyes, and have dreams where I'm breaking blocks. :oops:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 AM

I thought there was some major fault in the game when I saw a spider floating past outside my second storey window :lol: I went out onto my balcony and that bastard jumped on my head from my roof! Google informed me of the update though xD My house is so ugly from the outside, lol, so it was no skin off my nose to build a glass lip round a high floor. So I can go out on it and taunt them :angel: I like watching them slide up the wall to get to me then fall back down to the ground, until they die xD

I also dug a three block deep trench around my house to stop creepers from blowing holes in my walls. I had an irritating episode where a creeper blew a hole in the wall so a zombie came in and killed me, every time I went back to try and pick all my stuff up he killed me again, then two spiders decided to join in xD I was getting pissed off before I manage to beat the zombie to death with my bare hands then fix my wall so I could pick up all my dropped stuff in peace.

I decided to make an effort with mining and dug down to the top bedrock layer as is suggested on minecraft forums. I found lava rather quickly, but I was prepared for that and was digging from the maximum distance back so it didn't get me. I just dug up around it until I found the lake, which leads to a massive cavern system with water too and lots of ore and critters who want to kill me xD

I've stopped using the texture pack that I was because I wanted to make dye but those haven't been added to the pack so I had a load of invisible stuff in my inventory xD I might paint some sheep pretty colours just for the hell of it, pet rainbow sheep herd, seeing as they keep falling into my defense trench and can't figure out how to climb out again.

I also made the flint and steel firelighter and set an entire island on fire :ninja: I've no idea why some people say Minecraft is boring xD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 PM

Sounds just like you to set a island on fire... just don't set mene on fire D:

Hmm... hey jelly... xP make menewsha on minecraft :lol:

btw... your first post videos broke and one of your pics too

I've not played but the free version yet... but it sound somewhat fun...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 PM

Yeah, my friend's youtube account got deleted because he'd breached too many copywrites or something :lol:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 AM

Ouch... btw since then I've tried minecraft on my bros account... o.o and I gotta say... I can't seem to do enough during the day... and night is REALLY boring o.o what are you supposed to do at night after all your crafting? XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 AM

Go mining, look for diamonds, fight monsters, go get a snack XD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM

Hmm hey jelly you mentioned earlier you lit a tree on fire... how do you do that? There are a bunch of floating leaves I need to rid myself of...

@ cookie - Diamonds are too low right now... working on the cave... but I keep bumping into creepers that pop out of nowhere D: and 3-4 blew up half my house once...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 PM

With flint and steel, though the leaf decay glitch has been fixed. They will decay as long as they're not touching wood. If there's still another log up there, they won't decay.

I suggest a bow and arrows, lots of arrows, for cave exploration. Then you can shoot monsters from a distance. And looooooots of torches. They can't spawn in the light and you can actually see so you don't run into things. Also, might wanna build a fence around your house :)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Hmm... so... I dug myself a hole all the way to bedrock without getting a single cavern or monster O.o found diamonds and redstone =D

Tried the flint idea... just had some flying burning wood... >.<

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 AM

Wow, impressive. With my luck I'd dig down and fall into lava D:

Yeah, figured there was some wood still up there. Gotta watch out with those big trees. But the burning wood in the sky makes good beacons XD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 PM

Lol... I almost did that about 6 times...
Do you dig straight down? Cause I made a 9x9 staircase going almost all the way to bedrock, hit lava, covered it and went straight to find a lava free spot to dig down at.
I've read that digging straight down causes a lot of deaths... I on;y dig straight down on things that obey gravity. (sand/gravel)

True true they would... should get it to where one burns and no more... that'd be a great castle beacon. (Making my fiancee a massive castle XD)

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 AM

Nah. I tend to dig diagonally and make one long straight staircase. Though I also sometimes make small 3 block spiral staircases down. But I hit a lot of natural caves and I always feel like I have to wander off and explore them and then I get distracted from digging more XD

I used to purposely catch trees on fire so I could find my way home. But the nether stone is more reliable when it comes to burning forever, so I like to pillar up, place one of those, light it on fire and then dig my pillar out so I have floating fire in the sky XD

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM

My favorite thing is when you're cave exploring and see a nice vein of something shiny (diamonds, etc) in the ceiling.. you stand directly under the square, mine up, and are rewarded with a faceful of lava. :insane:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 PM

I always carry a bucket of water with me into a cave. Then at least I have some chance of survival when faced with lava D:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 PM

@ Belly - Umm... lava isn't very fast... you coulda avoided that...

@ Cookie - I tend to just avoid lava in general instead. For my current "castle" I have it surrounded by cacti XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 PM

I made a water moat for the first castle I built. Cows are always jumping in. Unfortunately, they are unable to use the ladders I have on the sides to get out.