Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 AM

Some users have moved on to voltra.us or pantheononline.net.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 05-01-2020, 11:50 AM

I still love mene but I highly recommend both voltra and pantheon as well

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 05-05-2020, 03:45 PM

Voltra is garbage (in my opinion), but I do like Pantheon and Trisphee.

I also like Menewsha, but... it's just so dead and so many things are broken that I feel like any day now I'll go to check in and it'll be gone.
Like...I'd probably be here more often if anything was being fixed, but let's face it, Menewsha's been abandoned by anyone with any actual power to fix it. It's a sinking ship and we're all just futilely clinging to a door to stay afloat.

(Don't get me wrong, I love Menewsha. I had a lot of fun back when the site was thriving and I would absolutely love it if the owners and staff could/would come back and fix the place up and we could revive it, but it just doesn't seem likely.)

Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 05-05-2020 at 04:15 PM..

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay
Send a message via MSN to HeartMoogle Send a message via Yahoo to HeartMoogle

Old 05-06-2020, 12:22 AM

I haven't heard of those other sites. I may look into them.

I just popped in my head on here to see how it was doing after being gone for many years and...it's really sad. I hadn't expected it to be bustling like it used to be, because that's how sites are, but I'd hoped it was still trucking. It's really sad to see morale so low about the state of it, not to mention the complete abandonment from the admin team.

Don't blame the admin team, though. They probably are as confused and sad as the rest of us. It seems to have been inso's fault more than anything.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-06-2020, 04:37 PM

I've heard that there is enough money to keep the site open for some time, but goodness I would be willing to pay out of pocket to have a repair business look at Mene and see how far they could get, or at least if it was un-salvageable they could clone it and save the old data. There are definitely folks who would put money into this site again if CIs were back up for sale and could function.

HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay
Send a message via MSN to HeartMoogle Send a message via Yahoo to HeartMoogle

Old 05-06-2020, 09:53 PM

Yeah I can understand that. Or at least if there was ANY effort going into it. Updates, CIs, bug fixes. Anything whatsoever.

R u b y

Old 05-13-2020, 05:27 PM

I know a lot of us were and still would be willing to help. Mene will always be my home, no matter how many other sites I’m on. I hate seeing it so broken. I hope someday it’ll be fixed, but I’m not holding my breath

---------- Post added 05-13-2020 at 01:28 PM ----------

I’d love to come back to Mene and be active. I was still semi-active til the work around for multi items stopped working.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-02-2020, 07:17 PM

Reminder that it's practically pocket change, no more than money spent for fast food to keep a site like this, with very little activity online. That's especially the case if there's multiple sites or projects hosted under the same account or on the same server. Likewise, it's a small fee to pay for a domain yearly and with auto-renewal, you don't think about it. I have all my sites on a VPS that I pay $7 a month for. I have several domains and it's probably like $150-$175 a year to renew them. So I'm looking at $250ish a year to keep all of my sites and domains online. I don't make a whole lot, but that's not very expensive and isn't a big expense for me. I spend more in a year on my hair.

The greater threat is a server update or some issue that cascades down and breaks everything running on old code, making the site unusable or full of errors, or some old faulty code being exploited by a hacker. If that's ignored, on a forgotten site, it just won't get fixed. There's a greater probability of that happening than the site not being paid for.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-15-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Linnea: do you have a Pantheon account? most of us are over there and it's pretty nice. I still miss Mene being working and active but it's still a cool alternative and people are really nice. It opened last june
i am so late to respond to this. i had to change my password but i couldn't remember the old one >.>

but i do not have a pantheon account. i would be interested for sure. perhaps i'll check it out! thanks for the tip miss you guys!

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 06-20-2020, 09:03 AM

I like voltra its very similar to menewsha and everyone is equally nice there... trisphee doesnt even let me post :/ every forum is locked .. i do feel sad for menewsha this was the first avatar community site that i joined and i would love to see it thriving again <3

R u b y

Old 06-22-2020, 02:25 AM

Linnea: No worries! Let me know if you join! :D I'm just regular ol "Ruby" over there :3

---------- Post added 06-21-2020 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushyKissez View Post
I like voltra its very similar to menewsha and everyone is equally nice there... trisphee doesnt even let me post :/ every forum is locked .. i do feel sad for menewsha this was the first avatar community site that i joined and i would love to see it thriving again <3
I agree with this <3 Mene was my first home after Gaia and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I wish it was up and running at full capacity again. I'd be active again in a heartbeat <3

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 06-22-2020, 02:52 AM

Voltra...Pantheon...hmmm... It has been a while since I have been on these types of sites

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-19-2020, 02:03 AM

i hear you guys, mene was a pretty special place. it is actually the only avatar site i've ever really invested my time in. I joined a new one (at the time) years ago because the guy i was seeing was on there, but it wasn't the same. it's hard to even try and find the motivation to look somewhere else. that being said, i did check out pantheon and it looks kinda cool. i just haven't committed yet. perhaps i just need to bite the bullet and do it

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 07-19-2020, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushyKissez View Post
trisphee doesnt even let me post :/ every forum is locked ..
That's really strange. It shouldn't be doing that.
I didn't notice any issues with it doing that, myself, but I know there have been some updated recently that could have temporarily messed up the coding, but anything big like that would have been fixed pretty quickly.
Does that issue happen all the time for you or did you just try it once? Because if you only tried it once, it could have been a temporary issue that may be fixed now. (I mean, I have never had any issues with forums being locked when I'm logged in, though for a couple months there, the quick reply box was missing so that was a minor inconvenience.)

Captain Pains
Ouja Akuma
Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Pains

Old 08-22-2020, 05:10 AM

Just checking in to see how Mene is doing and was actually surprised to still see this site 'alive' in a way. Mene has been the only site besides Gaia that I actually cared about and it's unfortunate to see this site decay like it has. And I'm sure the 2020 apocalypse hasn't been easy either. I hope everyone is doing okay, and I'll keep checking in but just in case: it was a nice ride and I'm glad to have found this place when I did. <3

SatiricalQueen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-30-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
Too right :/ We are doing what we can without Inso though! It's a little tougher and its forced us to change our moderation strategies a bit but we're making it work :P

But yes. I share your sentiments here. Avatar sites are a dying breed it seems but dang it all if I don't know they won't come back in the future years. Look at the 80s! Everyone is getting all nostalgic for the 80s in super hero movies right now! XD Be stalwart in your loyalty to the site and it may yet pop back! :P

---------- Post added 12-30-2019 at 12:14 AM ----------

And yeah! Gosh darn Linnea is totally right
Is there none of the assistant admins who have the time to possibly take over for Inso? Or anyone who has the time/willingness? Just seems like such a waste bc I always see new names in this thread of people wanting to come back but have little to nothing to come back to. =( No new items, maybe a handful of people on at once.

Place obviously has good bones. Yeah there's probably issues we can't see (or can experience but barring those) but it has to be pretty well-set for someone to like, fix those bugs and maybe start a revival event?

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 09-03-2020, 09:15 AM

I log in every day and hoping theres good news :(

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-08-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatiricalQueen View Post
Is there none of the assistant admins who have the time to possibly take over for Inso? Or anyone who has the time/willingness? Just seems like such a waste bc I always see new names in this thread of people wanting to come back but have little to nothing to come back to. =( No new items, maybe a handful of people on at once.

Place obviously has good bones. Yeah there's probably issues we can't see (or can experience but barring those) but it has to be pretty well-set for someone to like, fix those bugs and maybe start a revival event?
So the issues is... With Inso gone, even if we make more AAs, no one has the power to change the core code of the website. He alone can do that. AAs have limited back end editing powers with YanYan having more knowhow than the rest of us. I don't know what the cost would be or the amount of effort an individual would have to put into making this site serviceable again but from my amature coding perspective, I imagine it would be nearly as easy to start from scratch. The bones are good yes. But all the major functionality needs to be replaced with working code (this is where my knowledge ends as I know we use javascript but I don't know if that is what it would be replaced with. I also know our current code is OLD AF :|)

Soo... Yes. At this point I would encourage everyone to look elsweyr and look at some of the communities being mentioned. I'll have to make an account on those so I can hook up with everyone :)

R u b y

Old 09-11-2020, 11:55 AM

I'm more active on Pantheon than I am on Voltra but I'm on both of those, under the name Ruby (yay I'm the original there >:D)

That being said, if Inso ever decided to come back and fix this place, or at least give access to people who could/sell to someone who could, I'd be back here in a heartbeat ;3;
Nothing will ever be as special as Mene in my heart. I love you guys

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-13-2020, 03:24 PM

my sentiments exactly, roobs.

i think i will look into Pantheon for reals. like i checked it out but didn't commit... nows the time i reckon

---------- Post added 09-13-2020 at 08:41 AM ----------

I am Linnea on Pantheon. if you want to, come find me there!

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 09-14-2020, 06:34 PM

So what sites are you all hanging out lately? Mene will always be my home, this website saved my life, but I've been so inactive for like 2 years because its hard to do this with a phone lol. But I'm getting a new laptop soonishly and I miss all the friends I've made over the years here.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 09-14-2020, 06:53 PM

I'm primarily on Trisphee, but will pop in daily to check for pings or messages on Pantheon as well.
And also try to post a couple times a week on Zantarni, though I'm bad about checking there.
All those are with the same username as here (sometimes without spaces depending on the site).

And I'm kind of on Subeta as RainbowCat, though I'm not super active in the forums there, outside of events.

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 09-21-2020, 11:14 AM

Its so sad that Mene is (kind of) dead :( i really loved this site even though i left for a while

R u b y

Old 09-23-2020, 05:21 AM

I'm on Voltra and Pantheon. More on Voltra ATM

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-23-2020, 10:45 PM

i think what i miss most (other than you fine people) is these avatars and the items. i think they are so cute and some of the other places i've seen they are almost alien looking.... which i suppose isn't thaaat big of a deal but i am biased because mene was my first avatar/forum site and i owe this place a lot.