Sisely
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Sisely Send a message via Yahoo to Sisely

Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Ah, that's so sad that people would do that knowing full well they were cheating T_T

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 03-13-2008, 06:45 PM

Wow.
That's a really sad thing to hear. (glad I never bought a ticket.)

Cachalot
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 PM

I don't really get it- Was this incident related to the latest gold hack, which made some people have 99999999.9 Gold? Still, I'm glad that these people were banned. No one likes glitch abusers.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixore

I know they do, Seiki.

I'm just trying to say that they were probably able to inflate items more easily than before, since they weren't actually spending their hard-earned gold to purchase CI's and event items.

I hesitate to purchase some items because the bidding gets really expensive. But if I knew that I could use the exploit, I wouldn't care how much I had to spend to get the items.

Are the items from banned accounts going to be put into the giving back auction, maybe? That would seem fair... and bring something positive out of a bad situation for the users. : )

EDIT: Lol, you edited your post and made my last comment look stupid. xD;;
THat happens to me all the time actually xD People constantly make me look stupid when I have something to say.

Cachalot, yes this is related to that. Several users have been banned recently due to a glitch in the programming of the lottery game, which made it possible for users to have the max amount of gold, only they did it on a much smaller level to give themselves gold without being noticed.

clock
tick tock

Old 03-14-2008, 04:44 AM

I don't know, I kind of see this as someone getting fired for stealing something from where they work. The company would never hire them back again.

Letting them come back would just make users think that they can do bad things and if they do get caught, they can always come back.

But I understand where you're coming from, Seiki.

Suiseiseki
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 03-14-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHearted
No wonder I never win... :shock:
It's not about winning. The exploit does not even infere with the jackpot. By using a mathematical operation like minus, dec etc you were able to make the system give you any amount of gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalot
I don't really get it- Was this incident related to the latest gold hack, which made some people have 99999999.9 Gold? Still, I'm glad that these people were banned. No one likes glitch abusers.
Yes it was. Although there are still many ways to reaccomplish this, but Kevin is going to fix everything finally now.

Box Of Bullets
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Box Of Bullets Send a message via Yahoo to Box Of Bullets

Old 03-14-2008, 02:52 PM

:? What's the point of exploiting
a glitch when in the end your going
to get busted anyhow? I think those
who knowingly cheated deserve their
banning. What's the harm in letting
them come back? In a whole our community
would suffer from greedy selfish people
like that. :/ And to be a handful of
people? None of them had enough morals
to speak up about it? If they like to
cheat the system what's to say they
wouldn't do this again when or if a
new glitch arises? I'm glad and proud
of how our staff handle things, if not
the best ways at times they are only human.
I am also glad I have never been online
for these wondrous glitches. xD

joih
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to joih

Old 03-15-2008, 03:42 AM

Oh my! I've bought a ticket. But as juru noted, that wouldn't have an impact on us since they cheaters were not purchasing tickets.

The lotto is a nice random game. I hate it when people do that for forum currency. What more in real life.

I guess the real solution is just ban these people. I guess everything's in order now that the error has been fixed.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 AM

interesting

never bought a ticket though

[L]ove[H]ate
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-15-2008, 03:26 PM

I never do tha lottery anyways because I've got the worse luck ever. =]

amyleto
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2008, 03:44 AM

Wow... I hate people that use exploits like that. They just ruin things for everyone.

I only ever bought one lottery ticket, and naturally, I lost. XD