Tro
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2008, 04:05 PM

I think the name changing system is at a good start. I would like to see it automated later in stead of bothering staff with such changes though. I think the 1000g it takes, and the 500+ thereafter, is a bit steep but if the staff feels it will keep them open enough to do their other tasks as staff should do on a daily basis then I feel that is necessary. I wouldn't want to see the staff of Menewsha swamped with name changes to the point that actual reports don't get taken care of.

I visit this site once a day, afew minutes to a few hours at a time (events are different: I'm on 7+ hours), and even I could make 1000g in two to three days time god willing.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 02-25-2008, 04:08 PM

Tro, once we switch software, we would love for the system to be automated. However there are so many things that need to take priority right now, things that other users will probably prefer over an automated system. :)

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 02-25-2008, 04:12 PM

You're welcome Chi. :D

We'd never tell you NOT to report someone until you're harassed again. That's not very good customer service IMO.

I've been gone all weekend, so I haven't had much time to post here, but I just want to say that the cost, in my opinion, is totally reasonable. I know that I rarely have problems earning gold anymore, even though I don't post as much as I used to. Fishing can net me 1400g+ per week if I fish every day on my main and my mule. That takes very little effort, besides a bunch of clicking. And for those of you who actually post, you can make much more than that a week.

As we add more money-earning features to the site, you'll find that you'll make money much more easily, so for now, we feel the 1k initial charge plus 500g addition for each additional change is entirely appropriate. If you really want a name change, you'll save the money to have it done, and won't be changing your name willy-nilly all the time.

In the future, I as well would like to see an automated system, but for right now, I like our method for name changes. It allows us to keep track of everyone. :D

Tro
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiairen Hoshino
Tro, once we switch software, we would love for the system to be automated. However there are so many things that need to take priority right now, things that other users will probably prefer over an automated system. :)
Yeah, I understand.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 PM

this will be confusing I think if I changed my username. But that is just me.

Naeru
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM

cool new system ^^
I love my name though and wouldn't change it for the world XD

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone and everyone
Considering I can make about 1,000 gold in about three or four days of semi-casual posting plus fishing, I don't think 1,000 gold is 'very hard' to do if you're not an Exchanger..... I don't touch the Exchange myself, if I can help it. XD;

But I do type an awful lot, so it may be more difficult for less wordy people than myself. XD;

Angel agrees with this sentiment. Angel can earn a fair ammount without ever touching the exchange too.

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM

This is a really nice offer. I can understand the price because it would probably be hard to keep up with the name changes of people trying to avoid bans/warnings if changes were cheaper and just involved the user typing in their new name.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 AM

I think it's a good idea to make people pay.

I'm glad I picked a name I like. ;D

[L]ove[H]ate
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 PM

Oooo cool! I was always wondering when I could change my name. I just need to save some gold...=O

*thinks of a new name*

Hakuna Matata
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 02-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Wayyy to expensive.
I'd say 100g, or 250g tops.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2008, 10:12 PM

100 is way too cheap, some people would be able to afford to change their name 5+ times a day if we set the fee that low.

The main reason for the price is to discourage people from repeatedly changing their name.

Lsaylor
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Tro, once we switch software, we would love for the system to be automated.
i dun like that idea.
=/ Just Because we'd be turning into something like gaia.
People have already [when there new] ignored the rules and half dont read.
i came here because the place was way to big and bearly any nice people.
i think theres should maybe be a limit.
Like.. Anyone can change there name up to 10 times. D;
plus alot of people wont pay the 1k Because they either need it or dont want to spend that much..

Sammie
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 AM

Yay, making people pay for name changes is a great idea! Even though I never have the money. 1000g is a perfect price so nobody will change their name too often. Why choose a name if you don't like it?

melancholic_me
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 PM

i need to save up goldz.
i'm not melancholic anymore! D;

Aggressive Cookie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Personally, I think that this price for changing nicknames is absolutely normal. Well, this opportunity will allow Mene users to change, but at the same not so often.

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 AM

Pretty Expensive, but I'll pass, I like my name just the way it is, and I have my mule, she has a nice name too.

clock
tick tock

Old 03-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Eee, I want to change my name. But no admins or cms are online. xD :: waits ::

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-23-2008, 06:14 PM

That's cool. But I don't like changing names, I prefer making new accounts. Obviously that isn't allowed here, but that's why I do it on Gaia XD. It's more fun to just create a new one.

Kiddiss
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2008, 09:42 PM

I accidentally signed up with my REAL name the first go-round, then I made this account with my user name (I always use the name Kiddiss...it is MINE :twisted: )...so I'm going to see if I can get the other account name changed (I don't want to use my real name on a message board- no matter how much of a "tight ship" they run here 8) )

@Poet- and that is one of the reasons Gaia has over 3 MILLION registered accounts- most of which are mules, and they take up a lot of bandwidth and have to buy new servers and such. Gaia is in the RED right now, financially (and I think a lot of it has to do with people having so many mule accounts). I think it was a smart move on Mene's part to limit us to one mule (maybe two if there is a really good reason).

` B u t t e r
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 AM

I wasn't too sure about my name at first, but I guess I'm stuck with it now.
x D

@ Kiddis:

For reasons like those, I beleive they'd let you change your name free of charge.