Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-25-2017, 01:51 PM

Recipe: Caramel Corn Popcorn Balls

I love caramel popcorn so much <3

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-25-2017 at 08:03 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-25-2017, 08:01 PM

Recipe: Pinata Cake

A cute pinata cake! <3 The only thing is that it doesn't stay up very well, so you have to support the cake with something under the pinata's belly until right before it is ready to be served.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 AM

Recipe: Finding Dory Cake

Finding Nemo and Finding Dory have got to be among my top favorite animated films of all time <3 and even more so because Dory is voiced by the wonderful and hilarious and absolutely inspiring human being who is Ellen Degeneres! This is a cute cake by kawaiisweetworld that I thought was awesome :D

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-26-2017, 01:35 PM

Recipe: Eggs in Ham Cups

It may be because I have not eaten breakfast yet this morning (having just woken up recently) but this recipe looks sooooo good to me right now, haha. I love eggs and I like breakfast ham, so this is a cute and yummy looking idea to me! <3

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-26-2017, 11:16 PM

Recipe: Poke-Puffs

Poke-Puffs are the cutest little baked goods ever!!! They are inspired by the virtual cake-like treats you can feed your Pokemon to increase their affection in several video games including Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. They look super adorable and super yummy as well! <3

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-26-2017 at 11:19 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-27-2017, 10:11 PM

Recipe: Farm Heroes Super Saga Cake Pops

These are yummy-looking cake pops decorated to resemble the cute characters from Farm Heroes Super Saga! This game is available for mobile devices and is super fun :D

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-28-2017 at 03:11 AM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-28-2017, 03:11 AM

Recipe: S'mores Pull-Apart Bread

This looks absolutely scrumptious <3 I love home-made bread (I bake bread at home sometimes) and I looooove s'mores too! This is an awesome combination of two things I love, plus I love how you can just pull apart the bread. It would be perfect for a party to get a piece for yourself and for everyone else who wants too.

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-28-2017 at 05:32 AM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-28-2017, 05:50 PM

Recipe: Moldy Cupcakes

This is another Halloween-themed recipe that happened to still be on my playlist from several months ago. But that being said, you could definitely adapt the recipe to any holiday, such as the upcoming Valentine's Day! Just change the green and other dark food colorings to red, pink, and purple :D and voila! And decorate with hearts on top instead, such as candy sweethearts or heart-shaped sprinkles.

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-28-2017 at 07:14 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 PM

Recipe: Ice Cream Sandwiches

Poptarts, crackers, giant pretzels filled in with chocolate...nothing is off limits in Elise Strachan's creative takes on ice cream sandwiches!!! :D

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-29-2017 at 04:08 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 AM

Recipe: Silly Oatmeal Cookies :)

These oatmeal cookies are pretty silly :)

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 01-29-2017 at 04:10 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-29-2017, 03:35 PM

Recipe: Witch's Hat Cookies in Ghost Mousse

Again, a Halloween recipe that can definitely have a creative spin put on it to adapt it to any holiday :) I just love the goofy smiles and faces on those ghost mousse cups!

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 02-11-2017 at 09:39 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-30-2017, 03:12 AM

Recipe: Strawberry Sponge Cake Pops

This is so super duper cute! And perfect for the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday! I love sponge cake, and so I am absolutely loving the twist with the strawberries <3 Additionally, the way she used cute little forks as the cake pop sticks is just simply adorable. I really love that idea for any occasion <3

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 02-11-2017 at 09:39 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-04-2017, 01:12 PM

Recipe: Snicker's Krispies

I looooove snicker's chocolate miniature bars and I loooooove rice krispies. So this is a happy marriage of two yummy treats that results in an even tastier treat!!! <3 Plus, it looks really simple to make and does not seem to take a very long time to set before you can dig right in :D

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 02-11-2017 at 09:40 PM..

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-06-2017, 01:35 AM

I've seen a couple videos from that peppy young woman (Nerdy Nummies); they're cute.
I prefer Byron Talbott, or ChefSteps, among a couple others. There's a Korean woman I follow (Maangchi), and her recipes are remarkably easy to follow. Not to mention she's cute as a button...

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
I've seen a couple videos from that peppy young woman (Nerdy Nummies); they're cute.
I prefer Byron Talbott, or ChefSteps, among a couple others. There's a Korean woman I follow (Maangchi), and her recipes are remarkably easy to follow. Not to mention she's cute as a button...
thank you jupiter for the suggestions <3 I will check out their channels

what recipes have you made from these videos, if any

Recipe: Giant Doughnut

I am such a huge (pun not intended haha) fan of watching youtube video recipes of giant things!! And I really love doughnuts, so this giant doughnut recipe looks like it is right up my alley! <3 And it has one of my favorite toppings too! The classic vanilla frosting with rainbow sprinkles <3 simple yet so very good <3

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 02-11-2017 at 09:42 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2017, 11:32 PM

Recipe: Whipping Cream

So apparently, there is a right way to whip cream? Haha well I am not an expert on whipping cream, but this video claims that there is such thing as whipped cream versus whooped cream, haha! Apparently, semi-whipped cream is great for using in homemade ice cream recipes, folding through cheesecake batters, and adding to mousse recipes, whereas soft peaks of cream are more for things like dolloping onto yummy apple pie and spreading over the top layer of a cake. And firm peaks are more for piping and between layers of cake. I never knew this information before, but it sure is educational and interesting!

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 02-11-2017 at 09:47 PM..

harbor

Old 02-11-2017, 07:48 PM

I follow this food and cooking blog called Damn Delicious and I absolutely adore her recipes! I've tried a lot of her slow cooker and one pot recipes, my favorites being:

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
One Pot Lasagna
Andouille Sausage Pasta Skillet
and her Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini!

However, I personally tweak recipes to my liking or proper serving size and write them down accordingly. There is not a single recipe that I have made where I've followed it 100% to the book! If anyone would like to know how I tweak my one pot/slow cooker meals from the ones listed above, let me know and I'll shoot you my recipe and notes/instructions!

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-11-2017, 09:36 PM

Aw thank you so much harbor: for your suggestion! Please do share any and all recipes that you found delicious <3 and any tips you might have <3

Decoration: Tip 1E

Here is a decoration video! I have not shared one in a while, with all these amazing recipes to document! But I thought this was really cool. Tip 1E is basically a metal tip you can screw onto your piping bag while frosting anything from cupcakes to cakes to other treats. Here, they use multi-colored pastel buttercream frostings to create beautiful designs on cupcakes. For example, there are spirals, various flowers, and star-like patterns!

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 02-11-2017 at 09:44 PM..

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-12-2017, 10:50 AM

I just whip cream to my preference. Most of the time I will add a little lemon zest, or extract, and it goes quite lovely in espresso or on crepes.

Well, ChefSteps has some recipes that are great, but I've been using them more for technique rather than for actual recipes.
And Byron Talbott is just sort of therapeutic to watch on occasion. He has neat ideas and a clean filming style, but if I'm being honest...some of the recipes are just boring or a little too easy for me to have to jot down. They're not bad, it's just that I already know how to make my own soup stock, bread, and basics for most of the food he's made.

I have a two-piece appliance that you slip inside a pastry bag (just bought some reusable ones) so that you can change the piping tips with the same bag instead of having to reload one. I don't use tips very often, though, because I just don't make things that really require delicate piping. For cream puffs, once, and to pipe out churro tubes, and then to decorate a cake--which I will try to avoid ever doing again.

But here's a couple ones you might really enjoy:
-Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph-
He has a lot of helpful videos that explain the science of cream puffs, how to make the perfect brownie (to the way you like it), Swiss meringue buttercream, and how to make the perfect pizza dough every time. The videos are short and well worth the couple of minutes to watch.

I forgot to mention Cook's Country / America's Test Kitchen.
I subscribe to their magazine. I love the writing style, and they break down the recipe to a science so that you can adjust it to how you like or you can pinpoint where you went wrong. In the magazine, and on the website, they also have recommendations for techniques (like how to best store cooked pasta) and the best cooking gadgets. I bought some pans off their recommendations once and used the shit out of them for years.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-12-2017, 04:17 PM

Wow thank you for all the recommendations, jupiter <3

What happened when you tried decorating a cake? lol

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-18-2017, 02:03 AM

Recipe: Herby Kuku Sabzi

This is a Persian dish that they eat during the new year <3

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 03-24-2017 at 03:14 AM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-18-2017, 02:59 PM

Recipe: Steamed Strawberry Bread

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 03-24-2017 at 03:12 AM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-19-2017, 03:19 PM

Recipe: Pigs in a Bagel

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-20-2017, 02:46 PM

Recipe: Cake Mix Pancakes

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-21-2017, 06:15 PM

Recipe: Mini Hello Kitty Cake