star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-15-2015, 09:21 AM

(and if it doesn't show up heres the youtube link)

When i saw this picture i Instantly thought of Sinead O'Connor - Skibbereen.
its a couple who've gotten so far behind in their taxes that the land owner has come to chase them out. possibly resorting to burning their home down. of ocurse in this one the mom's still alive, which is a good thing.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Nick Drake ~ Day is Done

Ma and Pa worked this land, for as long as I can remember. Even before I was born. They made the farm what it is today. Or what it used to be, I should say. Everything we had was paid with their sweat and blood. "We've weathered so many hardships," Pa said, "but no man can best the fickle hand of nature." The dust storms came seemingly out of nowhere, taking the crops as they blew through, leaving vast stretches of nothingness in their wake.

Ma tries to smile. "Life will be better out west." But I can hear the despair she tries so hard to hide. Pa sits alone on the porch at night, staring off into the black emptiness. He says little. When the night is cold, some get by but some get old. And it seems he's growing older right before my eyes.

It's not fair, to work so hard and see it come to naught. To have a dream, then see it ripped away from you. But I guess there's nothing left to do, when the day is done.

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 02-15-2015 at 08:46 PM..

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 02-15-2015, 06:06 PM

Here is my entry for day two :

This is a sad farm family scene. They are struggling to make ends meet with their farm. The father is telling his son how hard it is to make the mortgage payments. They are planning to sell some acres to get cash.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 PM

The potato famine hit the Lang family hard. Their crops dried up, their cows milk dried up, even their chickens eggs dried up. The Langs knew their son Nelson was an amazing inventor, but had no idea he'd magically save the day. Just before their land about repossessed, Nelson created a new fangled machine that allowed the family to keep their home. His invention made it possible for the family to turn the farm's dust into bricks, which could be sold for home making. The materials to make the bricks were free and in abundance since dust was literally everywhere! The Lang family was able to make enough funds from their dust bowl bricks to save their home and even build an add on to the chicken coup. Nelson truly saved the day!

Times were tough for Johnny's family. The dust bowl had hit and his family's crops were all but useless. Johnny was stubborn and determined, he was not going to let his family down. He decided to challenge the Devil to a fiddle duel, if he won, he'd save his family's farm, however, if he lost...The Devil would take his soul!
Johnny played and played, he played until his fingers bled, he played so well, and so loud that even the Devil knew he was beat. Johnny won against the Devil that day, saving his family, the farm, and his soul.

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 02-15-2015 at 08:44 PM..

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-16-2015, 12:45 AM

getting things on the front page! Go go go!

PS I love listening to all these songs.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-16-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Current day

This young man reminds me of Hercules. He doesn't want to settle down on the family farm. He wants to go on adventures and be a hero. :3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-16-2015, 03:26 AM

Smile, We Have Each Other - The Spinners

The McDonalds may not be the richest family in the world. Life was hard on the farm. There was no glam or glory to be found here. The fields didn't always yield crops, the economy had crashed and money was difficult to get. But it didn't matter as long as they had each other, they could smile and find happiness.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-16-2015, 03:32 AM

On to day 3!!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-16-2015, 05:02 AM

Everyone is going to do this one BUT I DON'T CARE

"Lot 666, a chandelier in pieces" - Phantom of the Opera (Opening Scene)

Let's frighten away the ghosts from so many years ago. This was once a beautiful opera house at the height of fame and fortune so many years ago. Until a dark and tragic accident took place. No one knows the full story but to this day, it is said this place is haunted by ghost. Tread lightly.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 AM

"The Strip" from the 2008 Gypsy revival

"Gypsy" Rose Lee, a small time strip tease artist, is on her rise up to world fame. The people in the audience has come to see what the phenomena of this woman is, and if she lives up to the hype. Her act is sexily singing "Let me entertain you," while directly addressing the audience and removing just one of her gloves. It drives the crowds wild, and everyone loves it.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-16-2015, 05:21 AM

i believe this singer has a wonderful voice like so:

youtube link

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-17-2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Current day

Live version...just as awesome if not grainy and unfocused video...worth the watch!
Diva's Lament from Spamalot, Sarah Ramirez

She rampaged about the stage. "How dare they give me such a fleeting role?! This theater would be NOTHING without my talent and charisma. The spotlight is mine and mine alone!!! *$&#@&!!!!! &@*####!!!"

The stage manager and the theater's janitor looked on, shocked as the diva Amelia LaGuna spun on her heels back and forth upon the stage after the first rehearsal...She must have though she was alone, and so decided to let off a little steam. The stage manager whistled, and shook her head while all the janitor could do was look on with horror. He'd never heard a well bred lady say those kinda words before.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 AM

One Hour until I switch things over to day 4!!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-17-2015, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Current day

A musical performance of everyone's favorite Disney movie...

The audience member in the back has been brought against her will. As she sits through the performance, she realizes... She really needs to fart. She manages for most of the performance, until this particular song comes on.

Let it go? Well, if you insist.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 02-17-2015, 02:42 AM

Oooo! Taking in a show with your sweetie. The dark back rows are just the place for a cuddle. But, just when you are starting to whisper sweet things to them they go "Shhh!". Are they that interested in the entertainment, or not that interested in you?

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-17-2015, 03:42 AM

START OF DAY 4

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 02-17-2015, 05:39 AM

Going to post this before someone else does XD

Entry #1

It seems like the pink panther is at the museum today :) - come and see it when you can ;3

Last edited by LaVida; 02-17-2015 at 05:41 AM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 02-17-2015, 05:58 AM

youtube link

Heartless done by KIDZ Bop

Babyblueyez25
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Current day

What Hurts The Most this scene reminds me of a relationship ending he's told her he can't do this anymore and she just stands and watches him leave too shocked and hurt to speak. This song came to mind straight away.
"What hurts the most is being so close, and having so much to say but watching you walk away. Never knowing what could of been, not seeing that loving You is what I was trying to do"

Last edited by Babyblueyez25; 02-17-2015 at 08:28 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM

Fall Out Boy - XO

A woman, after exiting a relationship with an abusive man, is suspecting that he's stalking her. She hires a private eye, who is pretty ineffective. Nearby her home, the abusive man, followed by four of his friends, are planning on helping their friend get revenge on the woman who thought she could leave him. To do this, they disguised themselves as barrels. The private eye, having a stroke of luck, comes across them in the barrels, but doesn't know how he can approach them without getting seriously injured.

Also, this picture was super hard! :P

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-18-2015, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Current day

Benny Hill--The Edwin Davids Jazz Band

Agent Clifford looked high and low for the famous whiskey smuggler Benson. What he didn't know was that Benson was a step ahead of him till *SMASH* one of the whiskey barrels bowled him over . Benson stuck his fingers in his ears and stuck his tongue out at the F.B.I agent only to jump up in the air and run when he was pursued hotly by the slightly smoshed, and mostly drenched Clifford.

They ran in and out of the marble arches of the nearby building, missing each other by a hairs breath. Benson dashed inside....which meant the next few minutes were spent in an amusing and predictable scene involving multiple doors and...well you get the picture. It all ended when Benson slipped on a conveniently placed banana peel and Agent Clifford fell on top of him.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-18-2015, 05:35 AM

A good detective is a hard boiled one, like the detectives of noir. But for Scott Ardland at best he was a soft boiled one with a golden heart. What he really needed a partner to balance himself out. Some who could be the cold logical detective reasoning to his passionate heart. But a partner would have to wait. Crime was all time high in the city and the dark streets offered no protection to anyone.

(Doh hope I made it on time. Can't remember)

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-18-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Current day

The young man in the back is a'sneakin' past authorities, and what better song for a'sneakin' than this one?

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 02-18-2015, 01:44 PM

Was my entry for yesterday too late??? I do not see it in the collection for that day.

Here is today's entry :

Who is this guy, and why is he following me? All I want to do is have a glamorous time at the exhibit opening tonight. On the other hand, he does not look like he is up to any good at all. I think I will alert a security guard and put a stop to this.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 PM

Sorry I forgot to change the image last night. Or update this thread at all. I developed a nasty headache and went to be early.

---------- Post added 02-18-2015 at 03:52 PM ----------

I'll give a full 24 hours for this day, making it end tomorrow around the same time.

---------- Post added 02-18-2015 at 04:00 PM ----------

should be good on my end! Now post! Post songs!!