Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-20-2016, 12:38 AM

Banner Made by the lovely Nephila

Last edited by Cora; 12-21-2016 at 12:45 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-20-2016, 12:44 AM

Your Hosts and Judges: Cora and Linnea

Helpful hints from Cora:
Follow the rules guys, I cannot stress this enough. Read the directions carefully, and ask questions if anything is unclear. The better you are at following the rules the more chance you have to win. For me, pleasing shapes trump color combinations any day. Do not throw awkward pieces of clothing just to have a splash of the color. The items should make sense together.

Helpful hints from Linnea:
There are lots of avi contest categories this event, so make sure that your entries stand out from other users and any of your other entries. Really pay attention to the rules and remember to have fun with it! On a personal note, I really dig interesting color combinations and mixing of new and old items. Good luck to you all!

Rules
  • Please read these, if you can't be bothered to follow the rules we can't be bothered to judge your entry.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine if asked for, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories. No mules or charity accounts, and we always find out.
  • Use the entry forms. Just copy and paste.
  • You may use the DAC to make your avatar entry.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like imgur or imageshack, and there are many more. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved properly and won't change. We won't come find you after the event if your entry has a broken link/image.

If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM Cora or Linnea if you want to change anything.

Entries will be accepted until the end of the event!

Prizes (big, fat, wintery prizes!):

First place: 8,000g
Second place: 5,000g
Third place: 3,000g

Last edited by Linnea; 12-22-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-20-2016, 01:24 AM

A Winter's All or Nothing!

For this contest you are required to make an avatar that says Winter! To you. Sounds easy right? There's a catch of course (there always is, can't make it too easy on you guys ). For this contest we want you to create a winter avi that is either, a background with no avi OR an avi with no background but you may absolutely not have both!

Entry Form:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="5"]A wintery Wonderland![/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Entry:[/B]

Entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Okay starting on the background /winter avi. Let's see what I can come up with xD

A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Shadami
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username:star2000shadow
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Elirona
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: R u b y
Entry:

Note: It's Santa's office :D Complete with toy Yumeh and a sleepy mouse x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: ~longcat~
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiari View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Kiari
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: dragoness129
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Roxxxy
Entry:

Yay! I have time to enter this event <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha-Aamir View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Maha-Aamir
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username:*Hime*
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: bloodstainedwings
Entry:
Quote:
A wintery Wonderland!
Username:Woodlandnymph
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Nephila
Entry:
Quote:
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Naisou
Entry:

While this might not say winter to all, Winter for me is curling up in PJ's with a cup of coco, blankets, and a mound of pillows. :)
Quote:
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Velvet
Entry:
Quote:
A wintery Wonderland!
Username: Mageling
Entry:

Last edited by Cora; 01-05-2017 at 12:00 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-20-2016, 03:59 AM

A Shadowland Christmas!

This contest is all about Demetri and his people. For this challenge we want you to close your eyes and envision what a holiday celebration looks like for Demetri. Whether this celebration be in his home in the shadow lands, or out traveling with his caravan; something (or someone) that Demetri would see and think of home for the holidays.

Your entry needs to include a description of what the tradition you are depicting is and why they celebrate in this fashion. I'm not going to put a sentence requirement for this, but it should be enough to paint a picture with your words; be creative.

Entry Form:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="5"]Shadow Noelle![/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Description[/b]

Entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the yard
Nothing was moving except for the fog.
A deep billowing mass of rolling clouds
Dark and thick as the warts on a frog.

No lights would be hung on chimneys with care
If it could be darker, the spooks would be there.
The caravans halt with a grinding screech
around a dark bog with one single leech.
The rest are in hiding from fear in the air.
Like a spooky aura, despite no one there.

Slowly eyes blink, glowing red.
Than a spooky red grin despite there being no head.
The only light comes from the glowing dark staff
Held by no hand, in that darkened mass.

What could this Christmas hold with these spooks about?
Well I don't know. I guess we'll just have to find out.
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description Traveling in a caravan is hard during the winter, but on the night of christmas all worries are forgotten as everyone gathers around the fire to sing songs and tell stories.
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description While being somewhat chilly, the land Demetri hails from doesn't really receive snow because the climate is dry. While the Shadow People have their own traditions when it comes to the holiday season, they're jealous of Menewsha: where snow falls and lights are hung. Demetri's kingdom appoints a Winter Priest to come through every year and cover their homes in beautiful snow and lights, making the place feel more bright in their dim kingdom. This particular priest really likes his job.
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description

On the shortest day of the year the shadows gather and honor the moon with offerings of song. This year is special because of a full moon! Its said that much happiness to come in the year following a full moon celebration. Whoo hoo!
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description What's a Winter Festival in the shadowlands without fun and games, 'ducks flying snowball' and Snowball fights of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha-Aamir View Post

Shadow Noelle!
Username: Maha-Aamir
Entry:
Description:
It was that special night again, when caravans were halted and fires were lit...
Something about it being a pleasant time for everyone was just not accepted by these strange vagabond souls...
something mischievous had to be done...
Maybe like summoning the fireflies of the dark forest...
and reading horror stories to all alike...
Anything that can help deny...
It was time to be merry with family!
Quote:

[/COLOR]Shadow Noelle!
Entry:

Description
Aparisha is the mischievous one in the bunch, conjuring up Snow Orbs. She said regular snowball fights are so yesterday and chooses to use magic instead, throwing magical orbs of snow around the group.
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description
in the shadow land, during this season, roses bloom everywhere. it is traditional to bring roses with you to any celebration as these delightful flowers do not bloom any other time of year. they bring lost of colour to an otherwise dark and drab land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description
Welcome to the Shadowlands. Welcome to Demetri's holiday party where we celebrate things a little bit differently. Have you come to see some magic by chance? Or shall we play a game of cards? Here at Demetri's home in the Shadowlands we decorate with purple, red, and black. Our homes are cozy enough just like yours, but we also like to add our unique touch, especially for the holidays. So, come inside and warm yourself by the fire while displaying your ability to swallow it. What? Not your thing? Well, I'm sure we can find something fun for you to do.
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description Every year around this time the wind gets sharper, the nights get colder, and the people of the Shadowlands come together to celebrate their fortune. Song and dance, crafted over hundreds of years, are carried out as per tradition. But the caravan children have made their own. Each year they have a wonderful game of hide and seek among the frosty branches of the forest. Little Ruby wanted to join the other children in their fun. Wrapped in her warmest clothes, handed down to her through the generations and all she had to her name, she set off to find the best spot to hide. Wanting to prove to the others that she could be good at this game, she walked what seemed like forever. Until nothing looked familiar. It was starting to get dark, the wind picked up it's pace, and Ruby was dreadfully lost. Would she ever find her way home for the warmth of the nightly fire?

Update: She did :D
Quote:
Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description
When the portals to the Shadowlands were closed, not only did it displace nomadic tribes, it also trapped a winter spirit in-between the realms. This cursed existence amidst the warring magics from the ice and shadow realms has warped the once benevolent spirit. By gathering his own magic throughout the year, he has learned to project his astral body into the Shadowlands for one night a year. But now instead of gifting black licorice, shadowsilk, and magic spells; he finds the bad tempered, cruel, and unworthy to gift with malicious shards of cursed ice, and switches, while also chaining and doling out lashes with his whip. The people of the Shadowlands do not fear this creature though, as they have learned to use him to ward off misbehavior, threatening that the Eisschatten (Ice Shadow) will come and steal them away or punish them for their misdeeds. The number of Shadowlanders swayed to the darkness have lessened considerably and all in all the Eisschatten is a loved character thought to prevent much evil.

Last edited by Cora; 01-05-2017 at 12:07 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-20-2016, 09:47 PM

How the Grinch Stole Cosplays!

No, it is not necessarily a Grinch cosplay contest (though it definitely could be incorporated). For this contest we want you to pick your very favorite fictional character from literature, movies, video games, or television ... and then dress them up for the holidays. Put them in a holiday scene, give them a holiday makeover, or what have you.

*Please include a reference photo or description if no photo is available,
as well as the name of the character and the title of whatever it is they are from.

Entry Form:

[COLOR="Olive"][SIZE="5"]Christmas Cosplay![/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Character Name:[B]
[B]Title & Reference:[/B]

Entries:

Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Character Name: Yukiko Amagi
Entry:

Title & Reference: Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
Christmas Cosplay!
Username: Roxxxy
Character Name: The Lady Amalthea (The Last Unicorn)
Entry:
Title & Reference: Unicorn In Transition: Amalthea ventures back to the sea, where she defeated the Red Bull and freed the other unicorns - only to find it has frozen over! Which is just as well, as a frozen sea can bring no harm to her kind.
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Username: star2000shadow
Character Name: Storm
Entry:
Title & Reference: Storm Creating a Winter Snowstorm
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Username:~Longcat~
Character Name:Gabriel
Entry:
Title & Reference:Supernatural. Gabriel's not dead, in fact he's ready to poof into the bunker, string up some lights and mistletoe, provide copious amounts of booze and candy, and maybe pull a trick or two. Oh and everyone has to wear the ugly sweaters he brought, they're mandatory.

This was tricky, had to choose between the archangel and Scully. Maybe I'll make Dana too just because.
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Character Name: Mr. Spock...but not a Mr. and in the more reboot style of dress.
Entry:
Title & Reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
Christmas Cosplay!
Username: LizzyCollinsDeArc
Character Name: Dale Gribble
Entry:
Title & Reference: King of the Hill

I hope I followed all the right steps. ^_^; I decided to give Dale Gribble a holiday makeover.
Quote:
Entry Form:

Christmas Cosplay!
Character Name: Weeping Angel - Dr Who
Entry:
Title & Reference: Weeping Angel - Dr Who
For the sensitive eyes of my friends that are terrified of these things on Mene I want to leave out the reference pictures, but I am a weeping angel they are from Dr Who and I made my weeping angel golden as part of her make over ^.^
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Username: Woodlandnymph
Character Name: Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon
Entry:
Title & Reference: Never fear Sailor Scouts! Christmas shall be saved!
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
[B]Character Name:[B] The Ice King
Entry:
Title & Reference: Ice King threw a party for christmas... no one came... and even the penguins left....
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Username:Maha-Aamir
Character Name: Sally
Entry:
Title & Reference: Sally from Nightmare before Christmas
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Username:Kiari
Character Name:Kuriyama, Mirai
Entry:
Title & Reference:Beyond The Boundary
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Username:shadami
[B]Character Name:[B] Captain Jack Sparrow
Entry:
Title & Reference: Pirates of the Carribbean,
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Character Name: Marion Ravenwood
Entry:
Title & Reference: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Character Name: Mr. Tumnus
Entry:
Title & Reference: Chronicales of Narnia : The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Quote:
Christmas Cosplay!
Character Name: Jane
Entry:
Title & Reference: From the Disney movie Tarzan

Last edited by Cora; 01-05-2017 at 12:14 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-20-2016, 10:51 PM

Night of Winter's Past!

This one is a nod to nostalgia. Menewsha was founded in 2007, a whole 9 (almost 10) years ago. It's time to bring out some memories of those old FoWN items. For this challenge you must use at least one rare event item from two past FoWN events! Read that carefully, it's AT LEAST one event rare from TWO SEPARATE FoWN, which means that you need AT LEAST TWO RARE FoWN EVENT ITEMS TOTAL!
Check the rare item guide if you need to know the items in each year.

Please put in your entry form what item you used/name of the pose and which year's FoWN they come from. Remember that if you don't have the required items, the DAC is always an option.

Entry Form:

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]I'm Festive Nostalgia![/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Past FoWN's Represented:[/B]
[b]Items/Poses:[/b]

Entries:

Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2008
Items/Poses:
Green Present: Northern Lights

Snowflakes: well snowflakes
Quote:
[/COLOR]I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2008, 2009
Items/Poses: Northern Lights, Silver Stars Decoration
Quote:
how do we know what year things are from? im gonna guess... i think i have this right...

I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2011
Items/Poses: handknit sweater from granny, northern lights, red berry garlands, Lise's Gingerbread man,
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2009, 2014, 2015
Items/Poses: Menewsha Cookie Collective: HALP!, You can't see me...; The Cuppycake Clan: Grumpy Cupcake, Cuppycake on my head; Licorice Lise: Licorice Stockings - Red (F); Festival Ribbon: Festival ribbon - trailing; Candystick Fences: Cool Mint Candystick Fence; Sparring Supplies - From Tesel: Practice Pudao - Caramel, Practice Armguards - Red
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username:~Longcat~
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented:2009, 2012
Items/Poses:
Festive Decoration Pack - Green Baubles Decoration
My Tree Looks Better Than Yours - Gold Tree left
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username: dragoness129
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2008, 2009
Items/Poses: Frozen Warmth, Green Present: Dark Northern Sky, Snowy Festival Ribbon - Trailing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfey View Post
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username: Fishyfey
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2010, 2011
Items/Poses: Fun with Tinsel, Garland Celebrations
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2010, 2015
Items/Poses: Snowflakes, Gingerbread headless cookie, Gumdrops background border/ Gumdrops earmuffs

Now if only my avi can catch a snowflake on her tongue :P
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: all but 2012, i don't seem to have items for it o.O
Items/Poses:Fancy cool boots - Green present:northern lights - Big present:Snow cat - Cobblestone in winter:white winter -Ice Queen Protectress:Queenly cloak - Frozen Kingdom:Ice shards left and right - Gorgeous Glass from Cessy:snowglobe wand - Holiday Wreath: holiday head sparkles - Homemade angel:gold tinsel halo, chilled beauty, frozen warmth, frost belt, Aimee's eggnog
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username: Woodlandnymph
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented:2007, 2009, 2011 (...I think that's it...)
Items/Poses: Snowflakes, Festival Ribbons, Cobblestones in Winter, My Tree Looks Better Than Yours!, Garland Celebrations
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented:2007-today!
Items/Poses:

2007: Chilled beauty and Frost Belt. 2008: Red and Green Present - Blue standing Candycane 2009: Cobble Stones in winter- White winter, Icy Floor. Festival Ribbon-trailing. 2010: Home made angel- Silver tinsel halo, and Glittery homemade flutters 2011 Reindeer Slippers- Winter hart slippers. 2012 Fun at the tree lot- snowball pile Right. 2013Frozen Kingdom: Ice shards left 2014Gag gifts from peeblo - Censor bar chesticles, censor bar nethers 2015 Licorice Lise - LicoLise cowl(red), Licorice Lice stockings red 2016 Fierce Freeze - Blackice Stompers, Girdle F, Spaulders, and Guantlets !

As you can see to much nostalgia and rose tinting the past can turn you into a monster unable to accept change hunting and destroying everything new. . . . and also somehow naked.

Dang kids and yer fancy fibers!
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username:Maha-Aamir
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented:2008,2012,2013,2014
Items/Poses:
Green present/dark northern lights
Cozy up for winter/red rug
winter playmates/reindeer pet-brown
cozy cabin/string of lights
Luminous Lights - From Cain/hanging lights-red+green
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented:2007, 2011, 2013, 2016
Items/Poses:

Fur collar - Ice Queen Protectress
Frost Belt
Chilled Beauty
Icicles - Frozen Kingdom
Frozen Solid - Skin and lips
Snow Ice Magic - Ice and Mana
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: FOWN 2013 and FOWN 2007
Items/Poses:
1. Frozen Kingdom - Ice Staff - Right (2013 FOWN)
2. Snow Flakes (2007 FOWN)
Quote:
[/COLOR]I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
Items/Poses: Snowflakes, Big Present->Snow Cat, Red and Green Present ->Present, Holiday Tree->Decorated Rooted Gold Stars, Festive Decorations Pack->Golden Stars Decoration, Holiday Wreath->Holiday Sparkles, Garland Celebrations-> Golden Frame, Frozen Kingdom->Icy Shoulder spikes, Candystick Fences->Peppermint Candystick Fence, Ice and Steel->Long Silver Snowflake Wrapped Gift
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Username: Mageling
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2011
Items/Poses: Frost Belt, Ice Queen Protectress: Ice Shower
Quote:
I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2008, 2009
Items/Poses: 2007: Frozen Warmth, Chilled Beauty
2008: Festive Decorations Pack: Red Bauble, Festive Ribbon: Snowy Festival Ribbon - Big Bow, Festival Ribbon - Trailing
2009: Cobblestones in Winter - White Winter, Icy Floor

Last edited by Cora; 01-05-2017 at 12:30 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-20-2016, 10:55 PM

A Royal Ice Court!
It has been a bit icy around Menewsha lately and we're not sure it's from the weather. We want you to make a royal court that is fit to reside in a glorious ice palace. Your group needs to have at least a king or a queen and one other royal position to be considered a group for purposes of this contest. You can also include any other positions in a royal court, for example, heirs to the throne, knights, jesters, ladies in waiting, religious heads, falconers, master of horses, or wizards like Merlin and so on. Some royal courts even had harems and concubines, many wives, and many children.
Have fun with this one, but remember, it's an ICE palace!

Entry Form:

[COLOR="deepskyblue"][SIZE="5"]The Royal Court![/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B]Usernames (in order):[/B]
[B]Royal Titles (in order):[/B]

Entries:

Quote:
The Royal Court!
Usernames (in order): Elirona, R u b y, Velvet, Bloodstainedwings
Entry:
Royal Titles (in order): King, Queen, Court Wizard, Knight
Quote:
The Royal Court!
Usernames (in order):Star2000shadow /XoGizmooX /Shadami/ Salvete/ Dragoness129/Nephila/ Kay
Entry:

Royal Titles (in order):Queen /The Royal Court Jester/Queen/Royal Advisor / Decorate and Protect mage/Knight Commander/battle mage

In this royal palace with its Icy walls, the people vary in both race and personality. Since it can only look different in so many ways and still be sturdy, the palace decorators designed the floor with varying degrees of decorations making the grand floors the most unique part of the palace. (Excluding the people themselves of course.)
XoGizmooX - The royal court jester Gizzie is part snow creature who is completely comfortable running around stark naked, the people are so used to it that it doesn't phase anyone.
Shadami - Queen icicle isn't old as her white hair would suggest, in truth she's part snow fairy so it just is a part of her natural look. She tends to flit around taking care of the sillier side of things even going as far as to decorate some of the celings as fancily as the floors get decorated.
Star2000Shadow - Queen Snowflake attends more of the royal functions and the court proceedings, ruling over the daily matters in her royal manner (a nice counterpoint for the flighty, absentminded manner of her fellow Queen)
Salvete - The royal Adviser Salvete flits between different positions wherever she is needed, helping to advise the various members of the royal household even picking up a sword to defend the kingdom when needed. The largest of her advisory skills coming from the magic of future seeing from her crystal ball.
Nephilia - Knight Nephila rules over the army, often leaving to command the army as the lead commander in the field. They feel that it is necessary to be in the fray themselves if others will risk their lives for the land, than so shall they! Sitting behind paperwork to direct armies is not this commanders idea of the job!
Kay - Every army in a land where there is magic needs a battle mage. Sorcerer Kay with a touch of elven blood is the right magic user for the job. They can direct spells through their focus of their staff, or fight close up propelling their power through their own swinging spiked gauntlets.
Dragoness - The other mage of the castle focuses her magic into interior decorating and placing protection spells around the ice palace. If war were to make it to the castle she is strong enough with her magic that she could easily keep the residents of the palace safe

Last edited by Cora; 01-05-2017 at 01:09 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 PM

~Reserved~

Last edited by Linnea; 12-21-2016 at 09:55 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-21-2016, 12:45 AM

~Reserved~

Last edited by Linnea; 12-21-2016 at 09:55 PM..

Kiari
XD

Old 12-22-2016, 09:22 PM

Woohoo, my favorite part of the events is the avi contest. I usually never win, but I still love to participate. <3 lots of interesting categories.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-22-2016, 11:50 PM

I love the categories!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-23-2016, 01:22 AM

Okay starting on the background /winter avi. Let's see what I can come up with xD

A wintery Wonderland!
Entry:

Last edited by Shadami; 12-23-2016 at 01:48 AM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2016, 02:14 AM

oh i like these contest! gotta make sure i enter as many as possible!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 02:18 AM

I LOVE the "Night of Winter's Past!" concept!

This is gunna be good.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2016, 02:20 AM

I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2007, 2008
Items/Poses:
Green Present: Northern Lights

Snowflakes: well snowflakes

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 02:37 AM

OOO SOME ENTRIES!!!! i hope to see more!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-23-2016, 02:49 AM

Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the yard
Nothing was moving except for the fog.
A deep billowing mass of rolling clouds
Dark and thick as the warts on a frog.

No lights would be hung on chimneys with care
If it could be darker, the spooks would be there.
The caravans halt with a grinding screech
around a dark bog with one single leech.
The rest are in hiding from fear in the air.
Like a spooky aura, despite no one there.

Slowly eyes blink, glowing red.
Than a spooky red grin despite there being no head.
The only light comes from the glowing dark staff
Held by no hand, in that darkened mass.

What could this Christmas hold with these spooks about?
Well I don't know. I guess we'll just have to find out.

Last edited by Shadami; 12-23-2016 at 04:42 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2016, 02:51 AM

Oh wow!! That's spooky.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 02:52 AM

that's awesome, shad!

Kiari
XD

Old 12-23-2016, 02:56 AM

Shadow Noelle!
Entry:
Description Traveling in a caravan is hard during the winter, but on the night of christmas all worries are forgotten as everyone gathers around the fire to sing songs and tell stories.

---------- Post added 12-22-2016 at 07:43 PM ----------

I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2008, 2009
Items/Poses: Northern Lights, Silver Stars Decoration

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2016, 04:25 AM

these are so great! you guys have set the bar really high so far!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2016, 07:37 AM

A wintery Wonderland!
Entry:

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-23-2016, 11:14 AM

For the first category, A Winter's All or Nothing!, does a christmas theme count as winter?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-23-2016, 11:32 AM

It sure does in my opinion :)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2016, 02:19 PM

how do we know what year things are from? im gonna guess... i think i have this right...

I'm Festive Nostalgia!
Entry:
Past FoWN's Represented: 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2011
Items/Poses: handknit sweater from granny, northern lights, red berry garlands, Lise's Gingerbread man,

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-23-2016 at 02:36 PM..