Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM

( Okay )

A small smile lingered on Akio's face as they approached the others, his hand remaining firm around hers. It was odd to be holding hands, and most especially in front of others. In a way it was awkward but he enjoyed it still. Stopping near his sister, he would turn to look at the guy and the man beside him. His gaze the. Moved questioning my to his sister.

Alysia would smile and greet her brother, then Azumi, then turn her head with a smile in the direction of Yuichi and his teacher. She was overjoyed to see that his techer had allowed it. Little gusts of air blew up behind her in reaction to her happiness as she explained to Akio and Azumi somewhat shyly, "I hope you don't mind, I invited my friend Yuichi and his teacher. Promised I'd take then by the air temples." She then returned his questioning look as She saw the two holding hands. Then shrugging a bit to smile over at Yuichi and his teacher, "Nice to meet you!"

"Ah, that's okay," Akio replied slowly as he looked over at the two of them carefully. "Nice to meet you."

Rei Ann
Is hungry feed me with rps?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM

Azumi glanced at the two other arrivals. She wondered who the boy and the older man where. She looked over to Alysia knowing that the girl would be able to offer an explanation. She looked back to the other two once Alysia explained. " Nice to meet you both, I'm Azumi" She told both of them. So the younger one was named Yuichi she wondered the name for the teacher. She had also missed Alysia's questioning glance that she gave to her brother about their hand holding.

Yuichi watched the group, and was glad that they seemed fine with him and his teacher joining. He grinned at all of them, " Nice to meet you" He said. His teacher looked over the group, they seemed like good kids. He smiled at them, " It's nice to meet you all as well, you can call me Kyo." He told them. He normally would have been called Master Kyo, but he hated how formal that sounded.

[[totally stole his name from Fruits Basket...XD]]

Arc Angel

Old 03-09-2012, 02:58 PM

( XD it works! )

Akio hesitantly receieved his half sister's questioning look, but turned his gaze downwards to dismiss it. He wasn't quite sure how to reply to it. That and he didn't fancy speaking up about personal matters as he is introducing himself. Nodding in acknowledgment of the others' words, he replied, "My name is Akio." the small smile on his face broadened as he have his name, curious to see just what kind of people these were. They seemed nice enough, in any case.

Alysia would turn her head to look back into the village once as drums were played, signal of the end of the festival day. Then swiftly swerving her gaze to the others, she would flash them a warm smile. "Well, shall we?" she asked questioningly, then looking out past the open gate. This would be a bit step for her, and she mused that it might just be permanate. Leaving her home kingdom was bittersweet in a way due to her uncle, but he would know where to find her if he looked hard enough. The air temples had always been her favorite-- she knew that he knew that. If nothing else, that would be how they found each other again. This would have to happen in the future of course, for as she had told her uncle in the note she had left behind, she wished to see the world before settling anywhere.

Rei Ann

Old 03-10-2012, 02:05 AM

Yuichi grinned and smile at all of them. He looked to Alysia and nodded. The teacher nodded," Yea, if you guys plan to make camp somewhere tonight, it's best to head out to cover some ground while we can." Kyo told them. He stepped towards the gate ready to leave the this town for him and Yuichi there wasn't any attachment here, but he wouldn't try to rush they other three, as it might be bittersweet for them.

Azumi glanced back at the town, the place that would forever be known as her childhood home. She looked to the road past the gate, the path to her new future. She then look to Akio, glad that she was going to share this journey with him. " Well, I'm ready to go" She said. It was best they start their journey now.

Arc Angel

Old 03-11-2012, 06:31 AM

Glancing back once more after hearing Kyo's words, Alysia would then nod in confirmation. "True, let's get a good head start before it gets dark," she replied with a small smile, prying her gaze from the kingdom's streets to look on ahead as she took the first few steps out of the gates. Akio and Azumi may not leave so easily, she then thought, casting a short glance in their direction to see if either one of them decided to linger at the gates. Not only would this possibly cause a minor set-back, but she didn't wish for some kind of tearful goodbye if it were to come. That would be a handful she didn't want to get a grasp on. Yet, as she looked back, she saw no such thing.

Akio would smile in turn with both Alysia and Azumi's responses, his hand still firm around one of hers as he seemed to understand that they needed to get a move on. Even without the reminder, it would be evident to him that the sky was darkening just the slightest bit and before they knew it it could grow dark very quickly. It would be best to get a move on, and as mentioned, possibly find somewhere to spend the night before it got to be too late. "Yes, let's," he replied in a softer voice, his gaze set determinedly out across the horizon. Then after a moment, he old pull her. Hand gently to lead her into a walk if she would allow for it.

Rei Ann

Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 AM

Yuichi started walking as Alysia did. He didn't walk to fast, in case it was harder for the others to leave their home. He knew the first time he left home, he had been scared. It had only been a visit to the big market with his father when he was much younger. Yet it still scared him, but he got over that soon. He glanced back at the others wondering how they were doing. His teacher had been keeping the same pace as him, he even was a ahead of him a bit.

Azumi didn't linger, she followed after Akio as he pulled her along gently. She kept a bright smile on her face. She was ready to leave her childhood home, and while she would miss the place and her mother she was ready. She smiled up at Akio brightly. So far there was no issue leaving at least. Though she knew their journey wouldn't be as easy as walking past a gate.

Arc Angel

Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 PM

Alysia kept up a steady pace alongside Yuichi with ease, her boughs otherwise distracted as she looked out along the road stretching in front of them. So this was it. Smiling briightly, she cast a sideways glance over at him, curious to what he was thinking. She supposed he'd be glad to be heading home, even if they took a detour. Ah, the air kingdom-- her thoughts catapulted in that direction quickly as she walked on casually. "How long do you think it'll take to reach the coast?" she asked curiously. The coast being the only way to reach the air temples, she would naturally have to lead them from there, and she figured it would be best to do so while it was still light outside no matter the time they reached it. Thinking back to her last travel, however, she mused it might take a good few days' time to reach the coast anyways.

Akio felt oddly refreshed as they stepped beyond the gate, Azumi at his side. From here on out, he knew he would lead a different life. However strange that might have been to think about just this morning, taking in a deep breath of fresh air, he didn't regret a thing. Still he had his thoughts that were not on the bright side. If he was mother had surely been Lady Katara, then just who could have been his father? He had always heard he looked nothing like either of them, discomforting to say the least, but now he understood why. Looking down at his free hand for a moment, he looked into it's palm as if to search for the flame that had come from it earlier. Just how had he done that? He wasn't even sure he wanted to know right now.

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 12:47 AM

The walk was very quiet it sort of bugged Yuichi. It wasn't one for things to be quiet, he liked noise. It sometimes drove his teacher crazy when he kept on with his constant chatter. Yuichi looked over at Alysia he wasn't sure of the answer to her question. " I don't know, uh teacher?" He asked looking towards Kyo. Kyo looked back to them," About 3 days at the most, if we keep a steady pace" He told the group.

Azumi glanced at the group, but kept looking to Akio. He seemed deep in thought. It was strange this walking in quietness, but it was also peaceful. She looked up towards the front of the group when she heard them speaking. So they were going to the coast, she was excited. She always wanted to see the coast and the vast ocean there. It would be an amazing site, she sort of hoped to see the sun setting or rise there. She glanced over at Akio, still glad that they were holding hands. She wondered what this meant for them, was there a chance for something else? She knew she wanted something else between them but what did he want? She shook her thoughts away, she try to make sense of it later.

[[ Oh, I totally have a evil idea. They should make camp soon. Kyo gonna pry..XD]]

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 01:49 AM

Alysia nods, then smiled brightly once more, folding her arms out behind her head for a moment before stretching them. She felt a bit antsy, and Akio and Azumi's silence wasn't helping this on her part. Still, she was used to her less-talkative brother. Yet the idea of having others alongside them was refreshing and made her all the more willing to talk. For the sake of not trying to annoy the,, she restrained herself for the most part. When she got the response, however, she would smile brightly, rocking onto the balls of her feet excitedly as her arms came down to her sides. "From the coast we'll have to find one of the bridges," she spoke softly to herself in thought, then shrugged it off. That time would come eventually, and then she could think about navigation.

As his thoughts again cleared, Akio closed his free, open hand. Then looking on ahead of them, he took note of the time. The festival had started at noon, they left near its middle, and left only after an hour or so of leisure time. Now the sun hung low enough in the sky that he knew they wouldn't be making much ground before setting up some kind of camp. Then, where would they stay? How would they take shelter? He supposed he didn't quite know how they would do this, and for that he may have to rely on not only Kyo and Yuichi but also his sister. They all had more travel experience than he, though he did think they would be just fine. Then forcing all of his thoughts away, he smiled a little to himself. He cast a sideways glance over at Azumi, then found his smile broadening in response.then looking in front of him again, he let himself focus on the feeling of their hands together again. Why hadn't he done this sooner? It felt natural by now, the warmth of her hand pressed to his like so. In the back of his mind he questioned himself on what exactly he was going to do about it, or if he should even act on it.

( Ooh, sounds fun. :3 want to do a little bit of a time skip, maybe an hour? Or shall we go on a few more posts and make camp then? )

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 AM

Yuichi looked at her, " Bridges?" He asked. So it seemed to get to the temple they would have to cross a bridge. That was cool, he had to wonder how it was built. Was it made of wood, stone or some other material. Back in the Earth Kingdom, there was a mix of wood and stone bridges. Stone bridges were in bigger towns, cities. Villages like his own had wood bridges. Kyo looked to the sky, it seemed they could get walking in for about an hour longer. He then it would be best to set up camp, so he decided to keep a look out for a good camp site.

Azumi kept walking noting the conversation, but she didn't add anything in. She knew nothing about traveling, so it was a total new experience to her. So for now, she wouldn't be of much help, besides gathering water. Plus her mind kept wandering back to Akio, and thoughts of him. So she knew her words would come out all strange.

[[ Time skip now?]]

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 AM

Akio looked up at the cover of the trees appraisingly before turning back to face the group, the others now stopped as the group had taken to looking for some sort of shelter. His hand ran up along the bark of an old, sturdy oak as he then looked up at its wider branches, the modest covering of its leaves. "This looks promising," he called out from over his shoulder, casting a smile in Azumi's direction, wherever she may be. Then turning to rest against it, he let his gaze wander out to see where the others were. The sun was nearly gone, they would need to set up quickly if they were to beat the encroaching black sky.

Alysia looked over her shoulder at her brother when he suggested a place to camp. She strolled on over casually, hads in her pockets as she look curiously up at the cover of the tree he leant against. "Looks good," he commented, then let her gaze follow its trunk down to the earth. Well, the rocky, unseen ground wasn't exactly friendly but she could try to at least clear up the leaves and loose clumps of dirt scattered about on the ground. Sighing softly, then grinning, she would let a small shrug roll of her shoulders as she then stood still. Taking a sliding step forwards, her arms swooping firmly before her, a circular gust of air was produced that swept up all the rough debris and pushed them off into the trees behind them.

( Yep, time skip initiated. Hope that was okay~ )

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 03:57 AM

Kyo looked over the area Akio was talking about. It would do, after Yuichi and him moved the sharp rocks, that would prove to be troublesome. " This will work, Yuichi and I will take care of the rocks. Come on Yuichi" He said. Yuichi nodded, and stepped forwards, they both took the same stance, and move their arms back and forth, and the rocks soon were gone. The only few left, were place in a small circle to serve as a fire pit.

Azumi was not to far behind him and beamed. This would be perfect, while Alysia and the two earth benders worked to make the area a better camp site. She went and gathered some firewood and kenneling[sp?]. She set them down in the pit that Yuichi and Kyo had just finished setting up. So now they just had to get a fire started, find food and set up whatever each planned to sleep on. Azumi had only brought a bedroll to sleep on, she didn't have a tent or anything to stay under if it rain or snow. Though tonight the skys looked to be clear so she would be good for now.

[[It was perfect.]]

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 04:23 AM

Alysia would step back to watch Kyo and Yuichi bend the sharp rocks away, her eyes lighting up as she did. "So cool..." she said softly to herself. She'd never seen earth ending befor and it was quite a sight to see. If she didn't think she'd sound foolish, she probably would've ranted about how amazing something as simple as that had been. As it was, she rubbed the back of her neck in a shy manner after she realized she kept watching Yuichi after he finished and let her gaze move to the bag she had packed that now lay at her side. So what now? Food, water, some sort of fire, and wait, was she forgetting something? Her brows furrowed slightly as she slippe dingo a kneeling position next or her bag, then rifling through it leisurely as if it would help to remember.

It did, for from it she produced a small, folded piece of canvas and some rope. During her short period of travel, this had been what she used as a bed of sorts. She figured it could probably sleep two is necessary, but none of that was really her concern as she quickly went to setting it up. Looping the rope around her arm, she threw one end of it up over a tree branch, the connected canvas in turn sweeping over the branch. She then repeated the process with the other end, the canvas strung out to make a wide hammock of sorts that could not only sleep a person or two but make some sort of shelter if anyone were to lay under it. Then looking at her work for a moment, she would climb the tree haphazardly to knot the ropes where they were.

Akio, too, stepped back to let the other men work at clearing the area. His mind then went to a mentalist of what they'd need to do before it got late. He meant to go hunting, as he did bring a few weapons, but his attention was caught by something. The fire pit there taunted him inwardly. Could he light a fire for it? Such a silly, meager thing-- someone could light fire from striking a stone, yet he wished to be of more help and this seemed to be the way to do it. Withdrawing a stick from the fire pit in a hesitant manner, as if embarrassed, he walked off a few yards away front he clearing with his back turned to the others. He was confused enough with his bending ability, he didn't need to draw unnecessary attention. He wasn't even sure he wanted others to see at this point, he was still struggling so.

Holding the stick before him, he took in a deep breath, tried to get himself into the same mindset he had been earlier that day. His mind was cleared and determination took over. Then opening his eyes calmly, he took a firm step forwards, his fist moving as if to hit the stick. Just as it had earlier, the action produced a flare of flames protruding from his hand. Shocked to see it though he expected it this time, he would only watch for a moment as the stick caught fire. Picking it up studiously, he would look ingot eh flame for a moment before sighing softly to himself and grinning. Then walking back over to the fire pit casually, he placed it carefully upon the small pile to let the other pieces catch. "I'll keep that going," he offered somewhat hesitantly, seeing as he would need to come to terms with that eventually, and he figured there was no better way to do so without spending time with fire and bending it.

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 04:41 AM

Azumi moved to her pack, and untied the bed roll from the top. She made her to unroll it and lay it out. It was near the fire pit, but not to close. It would be best to be near the fire it would keep her warm, and she could sit on it if she choose. She then pulled from her bag a small hand held basket and her water container. " I'll be back." She told them. Azumi figured it would be best to pick some berries or find some non meat thing in the woods they could eat. Azumi walked through the woods, first looking for a source of water.

It took her a little time but she eventually came across a small freshwater stream. She grinned, and nearly down at the bank filling the container up with water. They know had water. She looked around for a bit longer, she found nuts and a few herbs and added them to a basket. As she was heading back, she spotted a berry bush, with some nice berries. What she never from her mother teaching her about different posioness forest foods, she knew these weren't. She picked a bunch and then returned to camp carrying what she found.

Kyo looked around the camp, it looked like everything was coming together. He saw the girl go off to gather water and forage for some food. He figured she had to be a water bender if she was a bender. He knew the boy was a fire bender he had been there when his bending showed up. He knew Yuichi's friend was an airbender. He looked over to Yuichi," Set our beds up, I'm going to see if I can catch up some meat" He told him. He grabbed his weapons and headed into the forest. He was gone for sometime, during his time he manged to catch two rabbits. He carried them back into camp.

Yuichi looked over at his teacher, " Alright, I got it covered." He said. Yuichi went to their packs, and pulled out there separate tents. He set his teachers up first, and placed on the bed roll. He worked on his tent, using simple bending to help keep the pickets in the ground. He looked around the camp once those were up. Azumi had returned with water, and berries it looked like. Akio seemed to have the firm tame. His teacher just returned with dinner. So it seemed like they had all they needed right.

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 AM

Akio watched Azumi walk off casually, a grin rising to his lips once more as his gaze moved back to the small flame building on the firepit. He mused to himself that this was some way to spend his time, nurturing a measly fire, when just yesterday he was training as a warrior. Still he knew that he was doing more than that. The group would eventually face more problems aside form finding shelter and his thoughts relaxed when he thought of how peaceful tonight was turning out to be. As the others gathered back around the camp they'd set up, he had a steady fire going and a healthy pile of wood to keep it up through the night.

Alysia on the other had would get the hammock type bed set up then go ahead and set up the bedroll Akio had brought along. Se layer his down beside Azumi's knowingly, but with enough space between them that they wouldn't be directly beside each other. Once set up, she smiled a bit as her handiwork before seating herself across from her brother at the fire. It was odd to see him so concentrated on the flames, but his gestures when he moved to try bending it appearaed natural. The pairing of her half brother and fire just seemed right in some ways. He was strong, determined, soulful; he fit the element perfectly in her mindset. Regardless of some of the assumptions made about the fire nation due to the past, with it's new lord, she tried to be optimistic about both firebending and her brother's ability or fit in with the other benders of the element.

As the others returned, she would smile along happily, leaping in which ways she could to assist the others in settling down. Then sitting by the fire once more, she withdrew a few metal swekers from her bag to offer out for the fire. She figured they could cook their meat on that, if nothing else. Yawning then, she stretched her arms out and took out a rolled up map from inside her bag. She spread it out on the ground, them looking over it curiously, "Should we figure out our path now? Before we get going too far and end up in the forests, that is..." her voice trailed off and then she paused. Looking up suddenly at Kyo, she worried her words might have sounded wrong, "N-Not that I think you'd lead us into a forest, but I'm sure I would."

Akio would look over at Alysia's map studiously for a moment before trailing his finger up along a rive that ran nearly strait up to the coast. "That trail would have a constant source of water, and so long as we stay close to that river we can't stray too far from our destination," he suggested, he gaze regarding the map carefully.

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 05:31 AM

Kyo had called Yuichi over to help get the meat ready to cook. They skin it, and it wasn't before long thanks to Alysia's skewers that it was being cooked over the fire. They kept on eye on the food, but glanced at the map as it was set out. Kyo smiled at the girl who seemed nervous. " It's alright, it's very wise to check everything over. Even the best traveler can make a mistake and get lost" He said. He looked over the map, the path Akio described would work best. " Yes, he's right, if we still close to the river we will be fine" He stated.

Yuichi went back to cooking the meat, and had it all ready for the group. " Dinner's done" He said. He waited for everyone to pick their pieces and settle down to eat. He glanced around everything tonight was going perfect. Which was normal they were still close enough to the village. They wouldn't run into bandits or anything like that this close.

When Alysia pulled out her map, Azumi walked over to glance at it as well. She stood close to Akio, yet not to close. Now that she was able to think about it, she was missing the warmth that had come from holding hands with him. It was strange to think that after a few times today, she would come to long for a chance to hold hands with him. She didn't get it completely way it invoked so many feelings in her. She smiled as they settled on the path they would take. She glanced at Yuichi when he said dinner was done. She like the others grabbed some meat, and then set sat down on her bed roll. She was very grateful, that Alysia had put Akio's bed near hers. She wouldn't have to come up with some excuse to move her bed closers to his, like she would want.

[[ I figured we get them settled then Kyo can embarrass them.]]

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 AM

Alysia would relax and nod in Kyo's direction with his reply. She then smiled to herself, glad that he wasn't the type of teacher to be harsher on those younger than them. He may still be, but after giving them his name so casually and allowing their input she supposed he was rather open-minded. When Yuichi announced that dinner was done, she smiled brightly and moved to sit cross-legged on the ground between Yuichi and Akio. "Those look delicious," she commented, taking some meat as the others did before leaning back casually and beginning to eat. Noting the fact that Azumi and Akio were sitting together, an amused gleam lit her eyes as she glanced over at them knowingly. Whether they were actually together yet or just holding hands was beyond her, but she did know her brother felt rather strongly for the girl, and she seemed fond of him as well. If nothing else, they would end up together eventually. Of that, Alysia was sure.

As the three of them looked over Alysia's map, Akio became aware of Azumi at his side. It was strange to him that he simply knew when she was near and how his attention easily wavered from the map to her. His thoughts circled her cautiously, what she was thinking, how she was feeling-- not just about their situation, but about him. While he had had the same thoughts on other occasions, only recently had they been heightening and now he found his empty hands itching for hers. The sensation was altogether new for him, and he could only hope that she felt something similar. As Azumi got her share of food and sat, he followed suit, only now noticing that his bedroll has been layed out next to hers. Rubbing the side of his neck in a somewhat shy fashion as he sat down beside her on his bedroll, He cast a curious glance in Alysia's direction. Then taking the first bite of his food, his body seemed to readily thank him for the nourishment. He began to eat at a steady pace, showing his hunger but also keeping his restraint in order to avoid scarfing the rabbit down. "They are pretty good," he added off of Alysia's comment with a grin.

( Alright )

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 02:51 PM

Azumi kept her gaze to watching Akio. She couldn't keep the smile off of her face. She looked around the camp noticing everyone was setting and eating. She started to eat some of her meat. It was very good actually, she was a little surprised. She had once heard someone say when traveling the food, wasn't that great. Then again, it might be because that person couldn't cook. " Very tasty" She said. She glanced at Akio once again. It seemed whenever he was near, her gaze would always go back to him.

Yuichi grinned brightly, that everyone was enjoying his food. It brought him joy, he loved the cooking for others. Great food always brought people together. It made him happy. " Glad you guys like it" He said. Kyo sat there eating his food, and watching the youth he was traveling with. It was strange the duo of Azumi and Akio were acting like a young couple that was engaged or pretty close too it. The cute, shy way there two were acting towards each other, remind Kyo of him and his wife back in their day. Though he wasn't sure if they two were together, from what he knew most couples in the water kingdom had exchanged some necklace to show the world the other was theirs..right? Yet Azumi didn't wear such a thing. " So Akio..Azumi..are you guys together or something? Cause you remind me of the newly engaged couples" He asked them.

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 05:17 PM

Akio was suddenly having a very hard time swallowing his meat after what Kyo said. His eyes widened in surprised and he to force himself to swallow the bite of meat he had in his mouth. Be f bios hands roe to his throat for a moment where he had just felt himself swallow wrong. Engaged to Azumi? His gaze lowered in an almost shy manner, but he was set into thought. If Akio were to say the thought hadn't crossed his mind before, he would be lying, but he still wasnt sure wha the handholding meant for them. He still wasn't sure about much right now. Still, he snuck a side glance in Azumi's direction before rubbing the back of his head. "Ah, well, were childhood friends..." he explained slowly, then letting his gaze flicker back to Kyo as he realized that didn't answer his question. He had simply circled around it. "We're not engaged," he then added quickly, then pausing before he spoke more. Now that he thought about it, the idea was appealing, but before even attempting to let Azumi know how he felt he wanted to be sure. Sre that she felt the sme ay, that was.

Alysia's curious gaze made its way over to Akio and Azumi at the question, a smile instantaneously lighting her face as Akio showed just a bit of shyness. It wasn't natural for him, but it was refreshing on the rare occasions when it happened. She could understand why her brother acted that way in response to the question, and she thought it was rather simple to see. The two obvious had feelings for one another, how developed she didn't know, but something was there. In her mind, she didn't doubt that they would one day become engaged when Akio was able to properly express his feelings. Tilting her head to the side slightly in thought, she mused this trip would bring them together quicker than they'd ever been able to back at home. An engagement may even come of the trip. She shook her head then smiled to herself, her gaze swerving from her brother to Yuichi. "Almost reminds me of the festival's street vendor foods," she commented with a warm smile, thinking back to their conversation about them. Now more than ever she couldn't wait to arrive at the air temples, not only just to visit them again, but for the notion of spectacular food.

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Azumi eyes went wide at the question. Her face was instantly bright red. Engaged to Akio? She'd be lying if she hadn't imagined that between them. It was something she dreamed of often. She glanced at him slightly, but quickly looked away feeling very shy. She never mentioned it to him before, or her feelings. She didn't know if he felt the same, and she was scared he didn't that it might ruin their friendship. He means so much to her, that she was too afraid of losing him. She heard him talk, and glanced at him again, before swiftly moving her gaze away and staring at her lap. She felt so shy and nervous right now, the blush hadn't left her face at all.

Kyo watched the two of them, very amused. So both were equally smitten it seemed. Yet neither had to courage to speak up. It so remind him of his dear wife, and him early on. He chuckled slightly, " Ah, well I was just curious" He said. He looked up at the sky. Yuichi wanted to sigh, his teacher always manged to ask the prying questions. Though he had to admit it was an amusing reaction from the two. Yuichi looked over to Alyisa and beamed," Really?" He said excited. Then thought for a moment, " It's not like the meat you said to stay away from right?" He asked.

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 05:53 PM

Akio's hesitant gaze moved from Kyo to the fire again, tossing in another small sticks as it to momentarily occupy himself from his thoughts. No such help, for soon again his hand was free and as he placed it on the ground it brushed against another. Looking down he saw that the other ws Azumi's and although they were just asked a question that managed to fluster his usually level-headed self, he still slowly moved to place his hand over hers. Akio then glanced once more in her direction before he let his eyes wander over to Alysia and Yuichi, whom were talking. He mused that they were already getting along swimmingly for having just met, but he expected nothing less from his sometimes-frustratingly-free-spirited half sister. Still, their conversation brought a small smile to his face.

Yuichi's response to her comment made her smile brighten as she nodded enthusiastically. "Of course," she began to encourage him, her eyes then widening as he brought up the meat on a stick that people should avoid. The fact that he'd remembered her warning only made her all the more happier, but the idea that what he had cooked could taste like that brought a soft laugh through her lips. She then quickly shook her head and continued to smile warmly at him. "It doesn't taste like that at all, it's delicious!" she complimented enthusiastically.

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 PM

Azumi decided to focus on finishing her meat, before tossing the stick into the fire. She had on hand on the ground and the other in her lap. She still felt to sky to look at Akio, and was trying to quiet her raging thoughts. She felt a hand lay over hers, and she glanced at Akio smiling. She could feel the warmth returning, and while she wasn't sure exactly what this meant for them, she couldn't help but feel hopeful. She glanced over at the rest of the group, Alysia and Yuichi seemed to be getting along nicely. It was nice, she knew that sometime people could feel like a third wheel when Akio and Azumi were with them. They didn't mean to make others feel out of place, but they were just so close.

Kyo looked back at the youth, noticing Akio and Azumi and smiling softly. ' Ah young love' He thought. He looked over at his student and the air bender girl. He wouldn't be surprised to find out day that the young earth bender had fallen for her. Yuichi smiled slightly, still waiting to hear that his meat wasn't the same. He let out a little breath he had been holding. " Good, I wouldn't want it to be bad" He said. He looked a bit bashful," I'm glad you think so, thank you" He said.

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 PM

The warmth of Azumi's hand over his relaxed his thoughts, if only a little. One day he knew he'd have to figure out what exactly it was he felt for her, but now wasn't the time. They had a long journey ahead and while he was uncertain as to what may happen, he was sure his feelings for her would stay constant. It was a weird thought, sitting under the cover of the trees on a peaceful night, looking up at the stars with his hand placed so naturally over hers. The situation was surprisingly harmonious, and he couldn't have been more pleased with how their first night of camping had turned out. He rested his eyes closed for a moment before his shyness wore away enough for him to allow himself to look fully at Azumi. A small smile slid over his lips as he did and his hand moved from resting over hers to gently holding hers within his again.

As Yuichi spoke in reply, Alysia went right on smiling. She did notice that he looked, dare she say, shy in between his words? However she brushed off this thought and nodded in response, "You're welcome! You seem pretty talented at it." then thinking to herself again, she would let out a small sigh. She longed to see the air temples, but the thought occurred that the people there aren't particularly used to seeing bending anymore, after the air nomads reappeared and group together once more, they were afraid of letting too many into their temples after what had happened previously with the fire nation. However, they had softened up over the years, and last time she had visited they all seemed more than happy to see her. She supposed earth and water bedders would also be more than welcome, though now that she thought of Akio she had her small doubts. Nevertheless she brushed them off and shared some of her thoughts, "You know, the monks don't get to see many benders, I'm sure they be overjoyed if you and Kyo would be ble to demonstrate something for them," she explained to Yuichi, then looking over at Azumia dn Akio as well, "They haven't seen much bending in a long time, I'm sure they'd be more than curious to watch any."

Akio looked over at his sister warily, his gaze then moving down to his open hand, a new habit as of late. Fire. Of all the elements-- and even with the diplomacy he fire lord showed, he was unsure of how he felt about the element. To top it all off, she wanted him to display it in front of air monks whose temples were destroyed by it many years ago. He inwardly cringed. "Perhaps I shouldn't," he spoke carefully, "I can't yet control it well, it wouldn't make sense."

Rei Ann

Old 03-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Azumi smile grew wider, as they were now again holding hands. She looked at him smiling, and glad to see he was smiling as well. She looked back over to Alysia and listened to her speak. She was a bit surprised, not many people wanted to see her water bend. Even being Lady Katara's student, many people back home still treated her badly because of whatever scandal surrounded her creation. Azumi thought about it, she didn't mind showing other her bending. " Alright, I can show them some water bending" She said smiling. She looked over at Akio was he started to speak. She gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. " Akio, you have to learn somehow, and what better way to use it" She told him softly.

Yuichi looked surprised," Show them my bending?" He said. He wasn't sure if he was up to something like that. He looked to his teacher," We'd be honored" Kyo said answering for the both of them. He gave Yuichi a look that he was more than ready. Yuichi just nodded. He looked over at Akio but didn't say anything it wasn't his place. Kyo wondered why they were going to an air temples first. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to head to fire kingdom, or a place to get a trainer for the boy. Yet he didn't say anything.

Arc Angel

Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Alysia 's trill of happiness paused at her brother's words, and although she was glad everyone else complied she couldn't help but lglance back down at the map laid out before her. When the reached the coast, the was the choice to head to the fire nation as well. Wouldn't it be good for him to at least visit? Perhaps he'd warm up to the element. Still, she was hesitant about suggesting such a thing to her brother. That and she wasn't sure how long Yuichi and Kyo wished t travel with them. Yet one of her fingers moved forwards trailing a oath on the map to which they could visit the fire nation, the air temples, then the earth kingdom-- hell, after that they could even easily stop by the other water tribe.

Akio would look over at Azumi surprised for a moment before he grinned slightly. "Maybe," he complied, then rubbing the back of his head thoughtfully with his free hand. His gaze then moved to Kyo and Yuichi as they too gave their response, and he nodded a little to himself as he remembered that he wasn't sure on what terms they were traveling alongside them on. Alysia mentioned the air temples, is that the only place they were to travel to as a group? Part of him hoped not, and not only because it would make their group smaller. His sister seemed to have taken a shine to Yuichi, and his teacher and he seemed to be pleasant, knowledgeable people. Akio considered himself lucky now that they were to at least begin this journey together. "Sorry, but I thought I'd ask before we set too far along, how long do you think you two will be traveling with us?" he spoke curiously, not at all meaning to offend or shoo them as he explained, "We could use the company, I'd just like to know what routes we should be planning on."

Alysia looked over at her brother, a bit taken back, now sorry she hadn't been able to speak with him about that beforehand. She supposed it probably seemed rude of her, her gaze shyly moving to the ground as she remembered Yuichi's duties back at his home. He'd have to worm ont he farm with his family while the others went on, and who knew what his teacher had planned. The three of them could make a world trip before truly returning, she supposed, but would she want to travel alone with Akio and Azumi? If nothing else, she'd have to find a place for herself somewhere along the road. Being alone like that did scare her in some sense, but it also seemed adventurous, and like it would give her some freedom. Isn't that what air ending was all about? Speaking up about the same routes Akio wanted to plan, she explained, "If you two have the time, Yuichi and Kyo, we can swing up past the other nations like so...." Her finger trailed up in a crescent shape along the map, whereby they'd pass the fire nation, air temples, the other water tribe, and the earth kingdom, where there was then the chance for Yuichi to get home, as well as Azumi, Akio, and herself to return home if they so desired. "We understand if you don't," she then added, a bit softer in tone, as if a tad disappointed, she didn't believe they'd haves enough time if Yuichi would have to go back to work.

Akio looked over at his siter intently for a moment, both confused and curious to see her happiness dimmed. It wasn't gone, for she was still grinning, but she didn't seem all that thrilled. He supposed that her saying goodbye to her new friend anytime soon might be hard for her, as goodbyes were never the girl's strong suit. She lived like the wind, coming and going as she pleased, yet never leaving one place forever.