Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 06-02-2007, 03:42 AM

42. Someone observing a plane crash.
(More of an explosion, but whatever. xD)

Katie was on her way home from a business trip in New York. Her flight had been good so far. She had slept, listened to music, slept some more, and made a new acquaintance, Bill, who was headed to Dallas from New York to board another flight, with his family, for Arkansas. They felt an immediate, friendly connection once they discovered that they were both listening to The Postal Service, and they exchanged telephone numbers.

They continued their conversations until they reached Dallas. The plane landed and slowed. Soon, it was time for everyone to get off. They got up and walked into the air port, about to go separate ways.

"Well, bye then! I hope you do well in Arkansas," Katie said to Bill, about to walk to baggage claim.

"Thanks. It's been great talking to you. Welcome home. I hope we can stay in touch," replied Bill.

As they walked away from each other, she saw him walk up to a group of people with the same red hair he had. They all hugged him lovingly, and they talked for a minute or two. She saw that he would board flight 21 in about 20 minutes.

She walked a little faster, now done observing his family, and she went to Starbucks to get something to drink before she left. Unfortunately, the line was about ten minutes long. But she loved Starbucks, and she wouldn't settle for less. After receiving her tall caramel frappuccino, she left to go claim her baggage. Everything went smoothly.

She walked out with her bags and waited for a taxi. Suddenly, a loud boom could be heard from behind. She whipped her head around, alarmed. Booms shouldn't happen at air ports, not normally. Was something wrong?
She exchanged glances with an officer standing outside. He had the same look she had.

She saw flames rising up from behind the building, where the departure zone would be. Smoke came billowing up. A voice sounded from the loudspeakers. "Attention, all American Airlines customers. There has been a mechanical malfunction in flight 21." Katie could have sworn she heard the lady on the loudspeaker say, under her breath, "As if you haven't already noticed..." She went on to say, "We're doing everything we can to save the people on the flight, but we request that you stay as far away from the departure zone as you can because we honestly don't know what will happen next."

There was another boom as soon as the lady finished talking, and more flames had begun to rise. Katie felt a lump in her throat. Wasn't that the flight Bill was on? She wondered if he would still have his cell phone on or if he would have turned it off by now... He had only departed 5 minutes ago.

She took out her phone and dialed his umber. It rang 6 times then went to his voice mail. "Hi. This is Bill. Sorry I missed your call. Leave a message." The tone sounded, but Katie hung up.

She looked at the officer again. He was looking at the flames.

"I hope they've called 911 by now..." he said, shakily.

As if on cue, the lady came over the loudspeakers again, sounding a little more stressed this time. "The fire department has been notified of the accident on flight 21... Please, remain calm. All flights will be delayed for a few days... We're not sure how many. You may go to the front desk and reschedule your flight with us, and we can call wherever you may be planning on staying and keep your reservation. Please let us know how we can make this more convenient for you. Thank you." She went off.

Katie stood there, dumbstruck. Thoughts were racing through her mind. She had just made a new friend, and for all she knew, his plane could have blown up. He could have blown up. What if he was alive with really bad burns? She didn't know what to do. How could she just leave? What about his family? She ran her hand through her hair and blew air out of her mouth. A taxi came closeby. She could just leave and try calling him tomorrow... Was there really a purpose of her staying?

"Are you okay, miss?" asked the officer, who had been observing her. "You look kind of troubled."

"Yeah, I guess I'm fine, but I know my friend isn't. We just met on the plane I was on, and he was boarding this one with his family... But there's nothing really I can do." She kind of just opened up to him. That's what people do in crisis anyway, she thought, wondering if this was too much information for a stranger who just asked if she was okay.

"I see. I'm very sorry... Try calling him in a few days."

"Yeah, I was planning on that..." Katie replied a little shakily.

"Well, er, there's a taxi if you were planning on leaving."

"I suppose I should," she said, a little more confident.

"Yes, well, I'll pray for your friend..." said the officer.

"Thank you very much," said Katie, walking away.

She got into the cab, acquainted herself with the driver, and told him what was going on. He wasn't very well-informed, since he couldn't hear the loudspeaker very well inside the taxi. "Oh. That's too bad... Where to?" he said.

She told him where to go, and the ride was silent... She was still thinking about Bill and how fate had treated her that day. As he pulled into her drive way, she paid him and thanked him.

Walking to her doorstep, she knew that she would probably never hear from Bill again.

-----
Okay, I thought this was like, okay... I'm in a weird mood. lol. give me advice...I know it could be a lot better.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 06-02-2007, 04:01 AM

99. Growing old

Look at your lover forty years from now.
And tell me how you've done.
You whisper softly, "Wow."
Because you've always known they're the one.
You've watched their hair lightening.
You've been through a lot.
You've learned they can be frightening.
Given up, you have not.
Memories of your wedding day
Still make you smile.
You've always, always found a way
To overcome bumps in the road... mile after mile.
A love ever-blooming is one to thrive.
It's always worth the tortuous drive.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2007, 04:12 AM

61. Falling out of love

Hold on to your tears
Before they fall.
Prepare for confirmed fears.
Be ready to lose it all.
You're in for the pain,
The excruciating ache,
The hard, pouring rain
Of your first heartbreak.
In time, you'll be okay.
You'll get over it.
Eternal, rainy night becomes a sunny day.
But you'll never forget.
So, get ready for the impact.
Once you've fallen, you won't easily go back.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 AM

42 made me feel weird inside, like, I dunno how to explain...
I thought it was good though. =]

As for 99 and 61, they sound good, but I'm no expert with poems and stuff, ask meg maybe?

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Thanks. I thought 42 was weird too, I'm not sure I like how I wrote it. I like the plot, though. x) I felt like killing someone off.

LMAO. My cat just RAN up to me, clawed my legs as if about to get on my lap, and RAN into my room. He's so silly!

And yeah I think 99 and 61 are okay. I'm not sure if I'm writing my sonnets in the right FORM though... I'll consult Meg once I write more. xD I don't want to waste her time. Thanks for giving me your opinion. : D

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-04-2007, 06:10 PM

NP ;]

OMG you have 1K now @@
Congrats xP

Lol, well I'll be waiting for your next writing.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-11-2007, 04:41 PM

I think now would be a good time for me to vent a bit...

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM

3. Fear

A 'Blues form' poem

Scared to lose it all.
In just one free-fall.
It's not fair.
It's not right.
Logic taking flight.
Composing faint-hearted despair.

-------------
Form: aabccb

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM

5. Sadness
[A ballad]

The girl stopped walking,
Imaginary weights chained to her feet.
She looked up,
Contemplating challenges she'd meet.

The girl stopped looking,
Tears welling in her eyes.
She walked on,
Anxiety growing to the skies.

The girl stopped wondering,
Her hopes and dreams gone.
Grief from a lover churning.
Never ending, on and on.

She sat on the ground,
Her body getting cold.
She knew all was lost.
She couldn't be consoled.

------
Form:
abcb x 4

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 PM

100. Renewal
-Another Ballad

The girl got up.
The weights gone astray.
Eyes looking forward
To the road ahead that day.

Donning the smile
Gone for so long,
Reaching her purpose,
She trilled a joyous song.

She dropped to her love's grasp
In a renewing embrace.
Away he swept
The tears on her face.

She thanked her God,
Who had given her a break.
Finally stopped...
Was her heart's eternal ache.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-17-2007, 05:29 AM

24. Cats

- A Sonnet

A reoccurring issue is something I have.
It'll affect me today and tomorrow.
It's really, really annoying my dad.
The wrongdoings of a kitty named Marlowe.

I love my kitten.
He's getting so big.
He's cute as a mitten,
but rude as a pig.

He has his quirks.
That one thing is true.
He's such a little squirt,
but he'll put his charms on you.

You see, he often thinks what's yours is his.
He claims bottles of syrup, beads, and all things shiny,
Things none of his 'biz.
Sometimes, it's hard not to kick his little hiney.
He's great most of the time, but sometimes, he's a toot.
Oh well. I love him 'cause he's cute.
-----------

...lol! retarded, but it was really fun to write.

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 06-21-2007, 12:11 AM

xD

Wow, I can't wait for all your drabbles to be finished. -looked through list-

I really liked 39. It was light-hearted fun, though it had a tragic beginning. I liked how you made it start with slight tragedy, then end it with it so funny.

92. was just slightly confusing in one paragraph. I had to read it again until I understood it. ^^;

Quote:
She had nothing really to say to that, but she just didn't want Sven (lmao, sorry.) buying anything for her. She just continued looking all throughout the CD racks and the books they looked at together for that stupid gift card. Why hadn't he used it earlier? If she knew she would be moving in a short period of time, she would have rushed to Barnes and Noble the first chance she got to spend the money on the gift card. But that was just her opinion. Sven was weird like that, but he was her best friend, and she accepted his oddities.
The bolded part got me confused for a little while. I think it was the part where it says "she got to spend the money on the gift card." I thought it meant spending money on the gift card as in spending money to get a gift card. ^^;;

So I guess wording? Maybe you should look at that? Or it could just be one of those hard-to-word-things-no-matter-how-you-look-at-it. ^^;

But I thought it was really sweet.

94. I really loved. X3 Teehee~. It's so cute and funny even though it's describing a poor elephant getting it's trunk eaten. o0

The only thing I could really say about it is probably wording again, where it's "as she bit its trunk." I mean, it's really hard to word it right, since you have the limit of five syllables, but the 'its' could be confusing? Just a tad, though.

I thought 62. was really well done. I loved how it had a great flow to it, and all the words just seemed to fit perfectly together, like the words were invented for the sake of the poem. xD;; Does that make sense? ^^;; I actually found that in all of your poems, though. Especially your sonnets. So...yay~ for you! Haha.

For 4., look at 62.

I really love 41. I thought it was hilarious. Poor woman. I can't say anything bad about it, really. xD Genius. x3

17. I thought it was cute and sweet. A little strange xD, but that's okay, because it was really good. Strangely good? xD

9. It was factual, so I can't say too much on it. xDD But liked the way you said it. It's like you strung together a bunch of words and made a sweater. Er. Like...these words just seemed to fit together to tell a cute, somewhat short, story. It reminds me of the :) smiley. Haha...

42. was kind of bittersweet. Sweet, because of the friendship they had made. Bitter, because the friendship's never going to go past what they've done. Like...it didn't end, but it just stopped growing. (does that make sense?)

99., see 62. I especially liked the last four lines. Not sure why. I just liked how you had fitted the miles and the drive part together. I think you have a really special talent with sonnets.

61. I didn't think falling out of love would really be like a heart break. More like...losing interest in a crush..? ^^; But that's just me...and once again, see 62.

3. wasn't a sonnet, but still, see 62. xD You have a really good way with words.

5. made me sad. But that's a good thing, being able to write to the point where readers start feeling emotions. See 3.

100. I really liked this one. Even though it didn't say what had happened, I still got the point that her lover had came back for her (right...? Or did I interpret it wrong? ^^;; ). I can't explain it perfectly, but I really liked how you can understand what happened without having you to write it out.

I thought 24. was really cute and sweet. I made me smile. The only thing I could really suggest on improvement would be syllable count? Like...the number of syllables in a line. For example, the first line of the first verse, I thought maybe of " reoccurring issue is something that I have," instead? The second and third line of the last verse was kind of...unbalanced..? ^^; Like...the second one was a little long and the third was kind of short. And the last one of the last verse I thought was a little short, too, but it could be just me.

^^;;

Don't take my advice too seriously, though. <-- take that advice.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 AM

Wow! Thanks! Wowww. :D I feel really good about most of my stuff now. Thanks. <333 I'll go ahead and revise 92, I agree with you on that. I couldn't really figure out how to do that sentence, but I have an idea now. I love feedback!!

39 was like, idk. I didn't really figure out that I like doing poems better than short stories, even though I like both, so I guess people like it more than I liked writing it. :D

On 94, eh, I don't think so. Like, if someone's reading it out loud, maybe, but since there's no apostrophe in the 'its', I think it should be all good. B)

On 61, eh. lol. I sort of changed the titles a bit as I went.. It was really just depending on my mood. Falling out of love, in a long term relationship, can mean heartbreak of like losing all of those memories, and you feel like you've wasted all that time. I would view it as like, the crashing, shattering tsunami effect of a brilliant wave.

You got it right on 100. That one and the one before that I wrote were just like, a pair. I was feeling really crappy that day I wrote the first one and then happier, so I had to make the girl happy..

Yah, 24 was hard for me. I think it was just sort of a blowoff one. xD It's awkward, but I enjoyed writing it, so I think I'll just put a disclaimer on there. It was 12:30 at night, so I bet I was just out of it.

Thank youuu so much for reviewing all of my material!

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-21-2007, 05:35 AM

38. Roller coasters

Janie had been afraid of roller coasters as long as she could remember. She didn't really know why... She just didn't like them. The thought of plummeting so many feet and twisting and turning so many miles per hour just didn't quite agree with her stomach. But, here she was, at an amusement park with her boyfriend and best friend, who were total coaster-fanatics. 'How did I get into this?' she thought to herself as she walked, already queasy as she looked at all the huge attractions around them. She figured George had probably given her the puppy eyes a couple weeks beforehand... She scolded herself. Boys shouldn't be given in to like that!

"Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaanie," chimed Margaret. "Are you okay? You look, like, pale."

"Oh, I'm fine. It's just that one over there looks like some big twisty, turny track of doom, and that one over there looks like you could easily fly off of it and die... And that one!" she said, pointing at an orange and blue, steep-sloped coaster in the distance. "I'm not TOUCHING that one."

"Oh please. You came knowing we'd rid you of your coasterphobia, didn't you?"

"Uh...I guess I do now," replied Janie.

"I'll hold your hand," George said to her with a loving, reassuring smile.

"Yeah, right before I let go of it to hold on to my seat for dear life," she said, smirking.

"Awh. I love you, too," he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and gave her a peck on the cheek. She giggled in thanks. Margaret rolled her eyes and smiled.

"You two are just stupid," she said, laughing.

The three stopped walking as they came to the first ride in their path. It was called 'Mr. Burn', and it was an eerie sight. As the three walked inside and through the empty waiting areas, Janie went over in her mind how the coaster went. She had researched it online the night before, determined to be prepared for her first, rather forced, roller coaster experiences. They would all be shot through a tunnel, straight upward, and then through various curves, back up the highest part of the ride, and then shot backwards back into the tunnel, right where the ride started. It was said to be one of the best in the park.

Janie's love soon realized that she had gone quiet. And if there was one thing you knew about Janie, it was that when she wasn't talking, she was thinking, and when she wasn't thinking, she was talking. He saw the look on her face and realized that she must have been thinking about the roller coaster they were about to ride. "Good thing it's not really crowded today," said George, referring to the empty waiting areas and trying to relax her.

"Yeah, it would have taken about 30 minutes to get where we are now in the line if it had been totally filled up," said Margaret, realizing what George was doing.

"Yeah. We're lucky," replied Janie, not really in tune to the conversation. This thing was supposed to go fast. And had they not SEEN how high the arcs were on it? Were George and Margaret delusional or something?

It was time to get in, and George took her hand as she stepped down into the seat. Margaret sat behind them. As the gates closed, they pulled down their restraints and buckled up. Everything from there was a blur.

Janie, George, and Margaret then went through 33 seconds of pure thrill. Janie and Margaret screamed their guts out, and George yelled the whole way. Every turn seemed worse than the last, and then when they went BACKWARD, oh boy. At that point, Janie knew it was at least half way over, but she still just wanted it to stop!

The blur stopped, and they came to an almost screeching halt where they were just under a minute beforehand. Janie took one look at George and then cracked a smile. "That," she said, panting, "was just, wow. I sort of wanted to throw up on you for making me come, but I just, WOW. Let's do it again later!"

Margaret could be heard laughing behind them. As they all got out of their seats, Janie felt really glad, suddenly, that she had come... She looked at her boyfriend and at her best friend and smiled a goofy, dizzy thank you.

"So..." Margaret started the question on everyone's mind as they exited the building. "What's next?"

-------------------

Give me your thoughts. : )

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-23-2007, 05:02 AM

Ehehe. No problem. ^^

I really liked how in 38., Janie conquered her fear like that. How what she thought was going to be horrible was actually something she had enjoyed.

Adding George in there gave it...kind of like in a recipe, a pinch of sweet/cuteness. xD;; That sounds kind of corny...^^;;;

I really liked how near the end...

Quote:
"That," she said, panting, "was just, wow. I sort of wanted to throw up on you for making me come, but I just, WOW. Let's do it again later!"

That made me crack up. xDDD

Overall, I liked how light-hearted it was, even though it started out as facing a fear. :3

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Lol, thanks! I've just been in that position before, so yeah. It was easy to tell. I thought the whole thing was kind of corny, but your opinion wasn't, so don't worry!

Thank youuu. : ) I appreciate your input.

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-27-2007, 02:23 AM

Ahahaha.

Once again, no problem. =]

-enjoys reading your poems and short stories-

xD

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 AM

: ) I'll probably start working on them again like, tomorrow. I've had a busy weekend.

Quaint Sheep
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Quaint Sheep

Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Am I supposed to be 'Margaret' in your rollercoaster one.
I hope not, because that would be TERRIBLY inaccurate,
I hate rollercoasters xD
I only like the mine train, at Six Flags.
Actually let me rephrase that, the mine train is my favorite,
but I hate it because I get bruises on my back...
I'm a picky person...

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 AM

@ Muggles Running Amok:
X3

Yay~!

-can't wait-

xDD

@ Quaint Sheep

Ahahahahahaa.

xDDD

Quaint Sheep
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Quaint Sheep

Old 06-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Jojoooodan. Comment on my ever so desolate poetics thread.
NAOW. It's called Quaint Sheep Farm For Her Poetics.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 AM

90. Humor

A couplet.
D'awh. I just swallowed my gum.
Now it will be in my tummy for years to come.

-----------

lol. Totally random.
I haven't posted in a MONTH, OMGZ. sorry for abandoning you, thread.<3