Winnsome
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Winnsome Send a message via MSN to Winnsome

Old 05-13-2007, 05:51 AM

Welcome

For the sake of your eyes, I will be using this regular font here. It is a tad bit easier to read than the size 10 font I'm accustomed to.

So. First of all, I'd like to send a shout out to dearest Seito, who I got this idea off of, and to the 100 themes LJ (randomly googled; it had a list! XD) of which my list was obtained from. x3

These drabbles will be from a universe of my own, but there will be no descriptions of them. I'm still exploring them as of now, and these drabbles will help me shape them quite a bit. There will be a character list, however, and some basic statuses that may be added as I go along. (:

Thank you for coming! And please critique, because my writing really does need to improve. <3

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-13-2007, 06:04 AM

Character List
Grouped by Last Name/Family.

Lee Family

Zephyr Lee
She's my very first OC, but I haven't done much with her.
Her name comes from the last word in a SAT Vocab flashcard set. Her parents are very studious and prides themselves in learning. Thus, Zephyr is extremely bright and often has a strong sense of moral judgement based on society and not what she wants. She is like a little wind, and often little winds do little to affect change.

Mackery Family
From the House of Salisbury...

Adel and Affinity are twins, Janel is the older brother. I've explored with Adel quite a bit, and Affinity gets drawn a lot. xD
Adel Mackery
Adel is not particularly tomboyish, but she is very headstrong and likes to stand out. She is quite often rude and rather lecherous at times and is a handful to deal with. She never really has the ability to connect with people or endear them because her personality is rather brash. Although she has many friends, she doesn't truly have a best friend, or even many close friends.
Affinity Mackery
Affinity is soft spoken but very stuck up. She has a way of getting to people, getting under their skin and in to their hearts, unintentionally, which often results in many people wanting to be friends with her, but she really rather looks down at them. She disapproves of all the friends that Affinity has because most of them are low class and she considers it beneath the Salisbury family to associate with those persons. Most people take her soft spoken nature as shy; rather, she doesn't talk because she finds most people uninteresting to talk to.
Janel Mackery
Janel is a real sweetie with a big heart. He's actually rather slow in the brain and does not make connections with things very quickly. He is slow to accept new things, but does not create tantrums. Rather, he likes to take things one step at a time, slowly, and then go from there. He is rather laid back. Still very much unexplored.

Rising Family
Jasmine is the older sister of Rising. Fabriel is their aunt. I have done absolutely nothing with these characters, regretfully.
Rising Grove
Still unexplored.
Jasmine Grove
Still unexplored.
Fabriel Grove
Still unexplored.

Percy Family
From the House of Wellington...

Utterly new, because I wanted to write about Adel and she didn't have a boytoy yet. XD <3
Theodore Percy
Theo is a thoughtful boy. He is rather stuck up at times unconsciously, but at the same time he does not understand how much power he really has, as the future Duke of Wellington. He likes politics and is decently smart. He is very determined. Still very much unexplored.

Miscellaneous Characters
Characters I've developed and have no family. xD
George Adams
Still unexplored.
Alejandria
Alejandria is a prostitute. She finds it hard to trust people and has a very laid back attitude over everything, including sex. She smiles quite a bit, but it never reaches her eyes. Still very much unexplored.

Pairings
Because half of writing is romance...
Janel & Zephyr
Rising & Affinity
Theodore & Adel
George & Alejandria

Don't take these pairings as concrete stone though, because well... I'm experimenting, and so are these characters. 8DD

For a Visual Reference...
Most characters do not have references yet, because I haven't drawn them out or developed them fully in my mind yet
[ oldest - newest ]
Affinity Mackery
Fay Lynn | Direadelle | Aiyatsuki Chan | ChipYun | ProdigyBombay | Colours

Adel Mackery
Beckette (myself)

Adel & Affinity Mackery
Sethirius | Tuna

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-13-2007, 06:10 AM

Lo and Behold, the List!

Bolded = completed.

# Completed: 2

001: Savings box
002: Lip cream
003: Photograph
004: Plaster (Bandaid)
005: Oil, Sex/One's Nature Magic
006: Traveling abroad
007: A group of shooting stars/falling stars
008: Ball game
009: King
010: Burn
011: Trouble maker
012: Vacuum cleaner
013: Kiss
014: Muscular training
015: Young leaves mark
016: Hypnosis: A sticker for new car drivers. (In Japan, new drivers put a special sticker on their car indicating that they are new)
017: The Duty of Siblings
018: Straight perm
019: Rest one's head on a person's lap
020: Contract
021: Quiz
022: Emotion
023: Castle in the sky
024: Hay fever
025: Pierce
026: Body fat
027: Soap bubbles
028: Secret
029: Thing left behind
030: Blood
031: Glasses
032: Homemade
033: Punishment
034: 2-seater
035: Memory loss
036: Glasswork
037: Experiment
038: Shell
039: Playing House
040: Rope
041: The falling of cherry blossoms
042: Wing
043: Tactician
044: Coffee
045: Legend
046: Homecoming (Visiting One's Parents)
047: Individual Lesson
048: Ruggedness(Even irregularity is possible. )
049: color
050: Candy
051: Dirt
052: Jewel
053: Chocolate of starting melt
054: Miracle
055: Pet
056: Chain
057: The Ability to Live
058: Sake (As in the alcohol)
059: Old money
060: A silence
061: Shyness
062: Time limit
063: Fortune-telling
064: Rejection
065: Calendar
066: Shoulder learning by experience
067: Childhood friend
068: smile
069: Aspect combination umbrella
070: Ice
071: Mark
072: Women's bathing suit
073: Flower language
074: Afro
075: Oath
076: Magic
077: trick
078: Mercy, Earthquake
079: China dress
080: Can be either "nut," "fruit," or "berry"
081: Contact lens
082: "Why?" (or "What for?" and "darou" is "I guess," or "probably" so... "I guess it's for...")
083: Black tea
084: World of Dreams
085: Study orchis
086: Holiday
087: Virtual image
088: Clock
089: Fallen Angel
090: Word
091: Crown
092: Person of fictitious
093: Indirectly
094: Good-bye.
095: Assistance
096: Sunlight streaming through the trees
097: The common cold
098: Cloud
099: Voice
100: 365 days

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-13-2007, 06:39 AM

Theme: 001: Savings Box
List: 100 themes
Rating: PG
Characters/Pairing: Janel/Zephyr
Summary: Home, memories, and a departure.

Eyes scan the perimeter of the room, taking in the musty, photographic feeling of lapsing back several years to days of stuffed animals and mock tea parties with inanimate objects and reluctant boys. It’s always an odd feeling, returning to the room she left when she was seventeen and young, still sheltered by the translucent wings of her mother’s embrace.

Zephyr enters the room with precaution, stepping from cool hardwood floor to soft, shaggy carpet and facing the onslaught of emotions. Her mouth is agape and she dares not blink. The animals stare cruelly at her, as though whispering piteously, “Why did you leave us on this shelf to rot? Did you not love us anymore?” and all she can think of is sinking down to her knees and whispering, “I don’t know, I don’t know. I’m just a girl. I can’t do anything.”

There is faint knocking on the wall besides the open door, and Zephyr hears Janel entering. She’s good at listening.

“Wow, so this was your room?” he says callously, walking over to her bed and sprawling all over it like a gigantic cat, wrinkling the sheets. He looks at her, but the only thing she can focus on is his voice, resounding in her head, and that word, “was”.

“Kinda childish, huh?” she twitters breathily.

“Kinda,” he replies, grinning. “Do you think our child will have a room like this?”

She flushes red, because he’s talking of the future again and she doesn’t even know if she can show him to her mother today (a white man! British!).

“Maybe.”

“C’mon,” he says, getting up from the bed, “Let’s go. Your mom’s waiting, and if we take too long she may think we’re doing something else.” He grins impishly, and all Zephyr can do is laugh and follow him out the door, shutting the door tightly, leaving her savings box of memories behind.

Pandora was wrong.

Meko Lara
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM

I like the way you used the savings box as a box of memories. My first thought of that when I read that was a box to keep valuables but you definately took an interesting spin on the word. I liked it, and I can wait to read the next one^^

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Yeah, I had trouble with the savings box. (:
At first it was money, then a collection of items, then a box of photographs, and then it just turned in to the entire room of memories. xD <33

Thank you for the compliment! (: <3

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Theme: 002: Lip Cream
List: 100 themes
Characters/Pairing: Theodore/Adel, Rising/Affinity, Janel
Summary: The resemblance is uncanny.

“Can you tell who is who?”

Twin identical eyes stared at him. Yes, Theo should have known: Adel had freckles, while Affinity didn’t, but today they were concealed by simple makeup, and he found himself floored.

“Hey Rising,” Theo motioned towards his girlfriend’s twin’s boyfriend (hence, his friend in some dimensions), “Come here and help me out.”

Rising wandered over from his locker and turned to stare at the pair in identical clothing. “Woah, you guys look exactly the same,” he said slowly.

“No shit,” Affinity – or was that Adel? – rolled her eyes, placing a careful hand on the hip.

“Seriously?” Theo ventured, “Everything? Underwear, jean size – everything?”

“Everything,” they said in union. Then the one on the right added, “Well, we used different lip glosses, but tasting the wrong one would be rather dangerous, eh?”

Theo and Rising nodded feverishly.

“Addy, stop teasing the boys,” Janel groaned, walking over towards the group, “You’re going to make them late for class.” The one on the right scowled – Adel, yes, now that Theo thought of it, Adel was the one with the cocky attitude and occasionally vulgar speech – that was his girlfriend, alright. The girls turned and left after extracting a quick promise from the boys to meet at the usual place for lunch.

“That was sort of freaky,” Rising said when they had rounded the corner.

“Yeah,” Theo replied, turning to his locker. What if he had one day, mistaken Affinity for Adel, and –

He shuddered at the thought of that, and wondered belatedly what difference in flavors of lip gloss the two used.

Quick Additional Author's Note:
I've always established Affinity and Adel as dressing very differently than each other, but there is always that... thing, there. What if, on Twin Day (during Spirit weeks at school) or when they grow up and dress out of their childish styles of clothing, they begin to dress alike?
What would you do if your girlfriend suddenly developed a twin and you couldn't tell the difference?
The difference will always be there, but Theo's a bit... worried, now. Concerned. It's a small fear that would be resolved later, but right now, when their relationships are still so young, it's an issue. x]
There is obvious hope though, because Janel can still tell the difference between the two. xD

This was spurred on also partly by the new art I received of my two lovely twinnies:
By tuna and sethirius
Check it out!

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 AM

This is not a theme-based drabble.
It's a small drabble I'm working on for Yume's characters, Murasaki, Lied, and Stareye. Check out the contest section of the art shops to see the specifics. xD

Title: Justice, and Not Subject to Change xD
Characters/Pairing: Murasaki/Lied, Murasaki/Stareye
Summary: He tells me I'm beautiful, but his heart isn't in those words.

I can feel him inside of me, calling to me, and I can’t help but respond fervently, like some type of crazed monster.

He tells me I’m beautiful, but his heart isn’t in those words.

I don’t need those words; I don’t want those feverish whispers he tells me in the dark, under the cold gaze of the moon. All I want is that look he gives Lied whenever he enters the room. Like the world has stopped, just for the two of them, and Lied is the only person who matters.

I could pass those glances off as mere admiration of beauty, but I would be lying to myself. I know that Lied isn’t as beautiful as I am, with his wilted grey hair and thin, bony limbs, and yet the Dragon God Murasaki loves him like no other.

It’s days like this, when he gazes at that tainted slave with the marred back of tattoos and that ungrateful Lied does nothing but push off his advances and the only thing I can do is stand in the shadows, helpless despite my inner desire to break this awful charade up, that I curse the Dragon God of Light for bringing me to this land.

If love is this painful, I could only wish to have never existed.

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 AM

Thats awesome Drabble. I might do it too when I have the time. Either that or continue writing my story which will never be finished lol. I rarely finish my stories, they get too interesting to think up ideas for. And endings as well lol.

Meko Lara
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM

Meko is a huge fan of Twins so I definately love the drabble about you're twin characters. It also has a cliche take but yet you pulled it off well so congradulations.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-22-2007, 12:23 AM

*waves to win*
Hi~
xD
You have a drabble thread~~ xD
Good luck finishing *hasn't finished hers yet*

xD