Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 05-25-2007, 02:11 AM

Okay, so I'm fairly new to Mene. I haven't been here for more than a month. I just now discovered the literature spot because I had a grammar/sentence structure question I thought I would post. Since I really want to improve my writing so I don't get rusty when I need to write, I decided I should make a drabble/poetry thread. : )

I don't have any characters developed currently... but I just might develop some. xD

Please, if you find anything grammatically incorrect or really weak themes in my drabbles, gently post the issue and how I should fix it. Thanks!

Questing: EGA Black Crown

So, now, my list...(Note: I might do combination drabbles. Not sure yet. And this is something I'm just making up as I go along.)

1. Music
2. Opinion
3. Fear Done.xP
4. Anger-COMPLTE!
5. Sadness -doneee
6. Expression
7. Rejection
8. Pizza
9. Baked potatoes-DONE! : )
10. Ice cream
11. Confrontation
12. Expectation
13. Society
14. Mindsets
15. Green
16. Blue
17. Warm colors - DONE! :B
18. Fall
19. Winter
20. Summer
21. Spring
22. Allergies
23. Medicine
24. Cats - done. <33
25. Dogs
26. Guinea pigs
27. Fish
28. Attention spans
29. Judgment
30. Literature
31. Words
32. Self-evaluation
33. Justification
34. False justification
35. Pity
36. Pity when not needed
37. Knowledge
38. Roller coasters- DONEEE
39. People in full on animal suits, like mascots or the people you see at Disney World. - COMPLETE. <3
40. Acting like a kid, at 14, at Chuck E. Cheese's.
41. Someone else's point of view or thoughts on #40. -FINISHED
42. Someone observing a plane crash. DONE. : )
43. Someone observing someone else do something they're not supposed to be doing, undetected.
44. Being a third wheel
45. Conceit
46. Finding out a secret.
47. Shopping for a DDR pad
48. Shopping for clothes
49. Shopping for food
50. Being homeless
51. A bystander's perspective to someone else being homeless.
52. Calendars
53. Not knowing what day of the week it is
54. Memory lapses
55. Severe medical conditions
56. Someone looking out through a window.
57. Someone looking in.
58. Someone on the inside looking at the person spying on them.
59. Someone on the outside looking at his or her discoverer.
60. Falling in love
61. Falling out of love - DONE. :D
62. Hardships in a relationship- COMPLTE. :D
63. Distractions from an assignment
64. Distractions on a larger scale
65. An emotional breakdown
66. A mechanical breakdown in a car that leaves people stranded in the middle of no where, without phones or any means of communication
67. A mechanical breakdown in a car that leaves people stranded in a crowded city, without phones or any means of communication
68. Heaven
69. Hell
70. Messy desks
71. A formal dance. Perfect.
72. A formal dance ruined.
73. A wedding
74. Murder
75. Trust
76. Mistrust
77. Irrational prejudice
78. Watering plants
79. Being alone
80. Cough drops
81. Wind.
82. Birds
83. A first impression
84. A last impression
85. Putting yourself in someone else's shoes
86. Being frustrated at someone else who refuses to see your position.
87. Coincidental occurances
88. A friend moving
89. Pen pals
90. Humor- DONEDONEDONE
91. Eating paper
92. Losing a Barnes and Noble gift card in Barnes and Noble COMPLETED. <3
93. Zebras
94. Lions ganging up on an elephant COMPLETED!
95. A dog and a cat meeting
96. Getting your foot stuck in a fence.
97. Swimming
98. Wrapping a gift
99. Growing old - DONE! :D
100. Renewal - FINISSSHEEDD!

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 05-25-2007, 03:10 AM

39. People in full on animal suits, like mascots or the people you see at Disney World.

"Barney, come closer," said a familiar, withering voice.

"Mom..." replied Barney, tears in his eyes, as he stepped closer to his dying mother.

"Son, you know what my dream for you has always been," she said to her son.

"I don't---"

"Don't say that you won't think you'll have any inspiration without me. You'll do just fine. I promise," Mrs. Martinez said, slowly.

Barney Martinez really was going to say that he didn't want to work at Disney World. He hated the place, and he had since his first visit, when he was four. Ever since the guy in the Mickey suit hugged him a bit too tight and punctured his left lung, he viewed Disney World more than a little differently. His mother figured he would just get over it, but he never really did.

As Barney tried to say more to let her know he wasn't going to work at Disney World, she just put her finger to his lips, a sign to hush. He kissed her hand and set it down on her pillow. She passed away a few minutes later, without a word.

It was his mother's dying wish for him to work at Disney World. How could he refuse her? It was all she ever asked of him...

About a week later, Barney moved to Florida and got the job he never wanted.

Ever since then, he had been walking on the same stupid street in the same stupid part of Disney World, Magic Kingdom, trying to fight his want inside to kill himself.

People on that street were usually happy. They had grins on their faces and "magic" in their hearts. Often, it was just because they saved money on their vacation package, but they were happy and carefree nonetheless, which was what Disney World was supposed to make you feel like anyway.

Barney, however, wasn't enjoying himself. He walked on, in his stuffy uniform, in ninety-eight degree Florida heat, as Winnie the Pooh.

Little kids would come up to him and hug him silly. 'As if you actually thought a bear would be walking upright and as willing as ever to hug a little brat like you!' he thought to himself often. Whenever their weird parents would take pictures, he'd make faces inside his costume, amusing himself.

I guess you could say, being in his condition, it'd be hard to stay sane.

He was supposed to be at Cinderella's Castle ten minutes ago for a parade. Those stupid kids kept getting in his way, though. 'Maybe they'll fire me if I show up late,' he thought hopefully. But he knew, in his heart, that that wouldn't be the right thing to do because his mother, oh his poor mother, died wishing for him to work at Disney World...

Going over what he would say to Cinderella in his mind, he wasn't concentrating on where he was going. He soon stumbled over some kid's wagon. The child immediately left his parents' side and grabbed Barney's bear paw, trying to help him up. "Get up, Winnie!" he would say. His parents were trying so hard not to laugh as the child looked up at them with eyes full of tears, saying, "Mommy, Daddy, I think Winnie tripped over my wagon and died. What are we going to do?"

"Well, we could take him to the animal hospital," the child's smart-a older brother suggested.

"Bruce, be quiet," his mother said through stifled giggles.

Barney heard everything and was trying to get up, but he couldn't. He felt like a turtle who had fallen over on its back. He was laughing at himself inside his head, but his amusement quickly turned to catastrophe.

The young child who 'killed' Barney was now sobbing his eyes out because his favorite character was now laying on the street in front of him, seemingly dead.

Technically, Barney made the kid cry. He could get fired.

Sure enough, he heard big, padded footsteps coming his way. He heard the crying child shout excitedly, "Tigger!! Are you here to save Winnie?"

'Crap,' thought Barney. Tigger was his supervisor. His boss bent down to his level and whispered, "You're sleeping on the job. We all know you're obviously less than thrilled to have this job, but this is unacceptable. I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go. Cinderella's magical parade was a mess without you. You were the main focus. You know that. You've done this countless times. What's the matter with you?"

All Barney heard were the words "...We're going to have to let you go." He rolled around on the ground in joy, as he could not get up, and he kicked Tigger's feet. He tripped and hollered in pain. Several kids had noticed the scuffle by now, and they all began to cry. Their squawking could soon be heard across the whole park.

"Mommy, Winnie is beating up Tigger!"

"Daddy, Tigger fell down!"

"Do something!"

Tigger immediately scrambled to his feet, enraged. He grabbed 'Winnie' by the paws and stood him upright.

Without a word, Winnie turned around and fled, at last free from his imprisoning position. He whooped and hollered, triumphant over all, as he ran out into the sunset, out of the park, on to Freedom.

No child there could ever forget the day that Winnie the Pooh turned bad.

------
K, it's done! Please comment on how I can improve in future writings. : )

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 AM

Thats hilarious!!

'Mommy, Winnie is beating up Tigger!'
Could it get ANY BETTER?! GO WINNIE! lol

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:20 PM

Thanks! lol. <33 I thought it was really corny and stupid. I don't know how I thought of that, but I think I'm going to finish it now.

Thank you. : )

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM

92. Losing a Barnes and Noble gift card in Barnes and Noble

"Dude, I can't find it..."

"At least you can't spoil me with it now!"

Last July, two friends were in Barnes and Noble. Passerby probably heard their conversation and thought to themselves, 'Stupid kids.'

"But it was my last chance to use it, Janie. I wouldn't have spent it on anything else. Plus, you wanted that CD. So I don't see why it's so horrible for me to buy it for you."

She had nothing really to say to that, but she just didn't want Sven (lmao, sorry.) buying anything for her. She just continued looking all throughout the CD racks and the books they looked at together for that stupid gift card. Why hadn't he used it earlier? If she was in his position, she wouldn't have put off spending free money. But that was just her opinion. Sven was weird like that, but he was her best friend, and she accepted his oddities.

They both stopped searching to ask each other if either had found the gift card. It was still lost. Soon, Janie's mom called her, letting her know it was time to go. She told her mother about the situation, and she immediately let them stay about fifteen minutes more to look for it.

Janie's mom always had this thing for Sven. She had a soft spot for him. He was one of Janie's most polite friends, and he was really sweet. Her fancy for him as a friend to her daughter almost rivaled how much she loved Janie's boyfriend, and he totally had her snowed.

They continued looking, but to no avail. Shortly, they left, Sven laughing at his misfortune, and Janie feeling bad for him. As Janie's mom dropped Sven off at his house, Janie thought about how close he was to leaving. She wondered if someone had found the gift card already and pocketed it. She speculated how much she and her boyfriend would miss him.

Janie forced Sven into a hug, one that she knew he enjoyed anyway because he couldn't hide his smile. She said goodbye to her friend, and she and her mother watched him walk to the door and go inside his almost-gotten-rid-of house.

They drove home.

----
I know, I need to work on my endings. Advice? Done.
Thank you, tentenpuff, for helping me out on this one & many others!

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-25-2007, 11:11 PM

94. Lions ganging up on an elephant
- A Haiku

"I've got your nosey,"
said the hungry predator
as she bit its trunk.
----
Haikus are:
Japanese poems with three lines.
The first and third lines have five syllables.
The middle has seven.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-25-2007, 11:49 PM

62. Hardships in a relationship
-A Sonnet

When an argument with your love has placed you on the end of your rope,
They're the ones who eventually heal your ache.
The ending resolution always gives you hope.
And your heart recovers from its almost-break.
Solving the problems they have caused to take place
Is what they always tend to do.
Because at the end of every fall, you're picked up by their grace,
Taught how to renew.
Some say it's not worth the fighting;
That love should be thrown away on a thoughtless decision.
Great love is worth its biting.
And teaches us to consider the other's position.
No one said love was magical every minute.
But if you learn to compromise, you'll always be in it.
----
A Shakespearean Sonnet is:
A sonnet consisting of fourteen lines- three quatrains & 1 couplet.
The rhyme scheme is ababcdcdefefgg.
-----
Yes, I know I need to work on my sonnets. xD But it was good for a first try.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 12:53 AM

4. Anger
- Another Sonnet

Anger is the downfall,
The cause for complaint,
What makes someone say, "Screw it all!"
And lets people believe in hate.
Control your diction
Before someone gets sad.
Avoid emotional friction,
And think before you get mad.
So many cause pain
By saying things out of spite.
Give someone something to gain
Instead of something to fight.
You may see no doubt in your strife,
But learn to solve issues all throughout life.

CrepsMule
*^_^*

Old 05-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Woah. =O
Looks like you spent a lot of time working on these. =O
That's a really long list. xD

Haha, the whole time I was reading 39 I kept thinking "wtf lol mickey punctured his lungs." XD

I know where you got 92. frommmm <33
Haha. xD
But yeah, like you said, the ending could use some working on, it's not... comical? enough. The beginning is funny-ish, but the end is all sweet, so yeah. xD

The hiakus and poems are good. =O
You should probably ask Meg for more advice though ^^;

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM

But I don't want the endings to be funny on 92. xP I wanted it to be sweet.

lol. I knew the mickey puncturing lung thing would have that effect on people. It distracts from the rest of the crap.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 05-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Ohh well if sweet was the effect you were looking for then you got it good then.

And haha. And lol, why Barney Martinez? Does it have anything to do with Jose? xD

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 06:48 PM

I wanted him to have a comical name, and Barney is a good name for a guy in an animal suit. I couldn't think of a last name, and I was talking to Jose on AIM at the time, so there you go.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 05-26-2007, 06:51 PM

OH. Haha. xD

I recognize a lot of the themes in he first post. =O

And a lot of them seem to be pretty random too. xD
Getting your foot stuck in a fence? wtf? xD

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 07:00 PM

Lol. Harrison got his foot stuck in a cattle-guard one time when me and his grandpa and his grandpa's friend went to go check coordinates or something for all this land he has that's very far away, don't ask me why I went.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 05-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Haha. xD

OH, that reminds me, one time I was at six flags, in the warner bros. or whatever section, with bugs bunny and all, well I think I was in line for the train ride when I got my foot stuck between the bars that keep you away from the train. xD

It hurt ;___;

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 07:06 PM

xD Rofl. Poor you.

Sorry. x)

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 08:46 PM

41. Someone else's point of view or thoughts on #40.

"Okay, one, two..." said Dilbert, taking a picture of his friends at Chuck E. Cheese's. They were all crowded around the teletubby ride, laughing their butts off. They were having more fun than they had since they were young enough to come here without getting dirty looks.

Across the room, a grandma stood with her three-year-old granddaughter, waiting for them to leave. Glaring, she thought to herself, 'What a bunch of losers. When I was their age, I was off doing chores for my Honors Society... These are probably just a bunch of punks with no where else to go or no one else to hang out with.'

On the contrary, she was wrong. They were honors students. They could be at home watching a movie together, but they wanted to be here, having fun on kiddy rides. It was their last few months before high school, and they had just gotten out of school.

'Look at them, smiling and laughing on the ride my precious Tara wants to enjoy, too. The nerve of those whippersnappers, how dare they be so obnoxious!' the lady thought again to herself.

Tara pulled her grandma's sleeve. "Grandmommy, why are we waiting?"

"Some people are just selfish, darling."

"Oh. Okay," replied Tara.

A few minutes later, the teenagers moved on to the carousel. Tara immediately saw it, and her eyes grew wide. She went to it without a word as her grandma silently dozed off, standing. The teenagers let her on gladly, and they all rode on together. Grandmommy, however, woke up scared. Tara had left her side. She looked for her for a few minutes and then found her with the teenagers.

"How dare you snatch my grandchild from me?!" exclaimed the poor, estranged woman.

"She just wanted to share the ride with us, ma'am," replied Harry-son, who was Asian, and who naturally was the most polite and the biggest suck up of the group.

"I see..." said the old lady, still skeptical. "Aren't you guys a little too old for this place anyway?"

"No one's too old to be a big kid," replied Alexis, grinning.

"Well you guys have been hogging all the rides my sweetie wants to enjoy."

"We're sorry, ma'am, but you should have spoken up," said Janie boldly.

"Well, I know I'll be speaking up to the manager."

The teenagers opened their mouths in shock. How evil was this old lady?!

"With all due respect, ma'am, how about we play you in Ski-ball first?" questioned Harry-Son.

"Are you betting me?" asked the woman.

"Well, yeah, I guess he is," stated Janie.

"It's on!" exclaimed Grandmommy.

The Ski-ball tournament intrigued young Tara, who just watched in awe as her granny defeated the teenagers with ease.

They left, dejected and sorrowful, as the granny was taunting them. The manager had been observing all of this and showed up. "Ma'am," he began to the lady. "Yes?" she said, still ecstatic over her triumph.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Why?!"

"Harassing young people like that is a shame. We don't appreciate you exemplifying behavior like this in a children's environment. Please, come back another day."

The old lady had nothing to say to this. She knew, right then, that she had gotten what she deserved. She opened her mouth to say something, closed it, grabbed her granddaughter's hand, and left.
----
I know, retarded!
I NEED help on my endings!

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2007, 09:11 PM

17. Warm colors
- A Silly Sonnet

Orange, yellow, and red
Are the basic warm colors on the color wheel.
My friend, whose name is Ed,
Will only eat fruits & veggies these colors in his meal.
Forget about the peas,
And he won't eat cabbage.
He'll consume carrots with ease,
but not the extra green baggage.
He doesn't like blue berries,
But you can figure out why.
Of course, he love cherries.
To this, I say, "Oh my."
For I hate all health food, personally.
Ed, he's a weird one, but he's friends with me!

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 05-27-2007, 10:26 AM

LOL@41

Lol, looks like you took my idea after all. xD
Harry got pwned by granny. XD
Then granny got pwned by manager. =O

Good job, I thought you did a good job with the ending. =]

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM

xP Plagiarism=not what I did.. :oops: lol.

The ending was batarded. D:

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 PM

9. Baked potatoes

I was over at my boyfriend's yesterday for a Memorial Day get together thing with his whole family. I love his family. They're witty and intelligent, just like my boyfriend, but they're a little dorky too. But that's okay. They always make me feel special. They know I love baked potatoes. It's hard to miss when you take me out to eat a lot. : )
So, I wasn't really wanting anything cook-out-ish. I might have avoided eating because I "wasn't really that hungry anyway." But when everyone was summoned to eat, the first thing his grandma said was, "Jordan, I made you baked potatoes because I figured you'd be here, and it's the only thing I've ever seen you eat." It sounds like a stern, 'oh you're so picky' thing to say, but the way she said it was full of love and acceptance. (I would certainly hope that they've accepted me now, after more than a year and a half of dating their beloved Harrison, but you know what I mean.) So I just felt loved. I figure this narrative could count as a drabble. Because it is a short story, just first person. and factual. lol. <3
------------
Done. Thanks for reading.

CrepsMule
*^_^*

Old 05-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Baked potatoes are good. =O

Especially when they have lots of cheese and stuff in them, and bacon. =O

Good job .

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Doododododoooodddd.

I never knew you liked baked potatoes.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 05-31-2007, 04:02 PM

Haha. xD

I like them but they're not my favorite food or anything. xD

I'm currently in love with lasagna. <33
It might change soon though xDDD

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2007, 03:08 AM

Ew. Lasagna.