Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-19-2015, 03:40 AM

Sophie got a little dizzy when her feet finally touched the ground again. Vertigo was her worst enemy at times! Sophie still clung to Filius for a moment,meeting to keep her head from spinning. Her kneecaps felt like jelly and she did her best to keep standing.

"I-I don't c-care if people stare.." Sophie mumbled. She buried her face in Filius's shoulder and kept mumbling, "I need to steady myself." After a few minutes, (which felt like hours to Sophie), she finally let go and let her arms drop to her side.

She brushed her shoulder and snorted proudly, "I wasn't afraid." She said with a huff, "I... I just get a little nervous when I'm propelled into the air without warning and I am not riding something that flies or in a tall building." She stated his as a matter of fact.

She didn't want to wait around to hear what Filius would have to say about her lying so she tried to change the subject. "C'mon, Filius,I'm need to get to class." Sophie spoke as she combed her hair with her fingers, as her hair was now frizzy and wild...

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 09-19-2015, 05:04 PM

Yaro would cast a spell to coat his hands with water, and he ran them through her hair. "You'll need to wait for it to dry out a bit, but It should be straightened. "He said. While this was to help her with her hair, he just wanted to run his hands through it. When it was done, he looked towards a separate building. "See you after class, Sophie! "he said, using the same magic as before to propell himself away.

Kory

Old 09-20-2015, 04:37 AM

It felt nice when Filius ran his fingers through Sophie's hair. Though, Sophie would never admit it... She hummed softly as he ran his fingers through her hair with wet hands. When Filius had finished she felt a little disappointed at how quickly it was over.

"Thanks." She said and she quickly blushed and began to stare at her feet,meeting embarrassed for liking it so much. He propelled off so quickly, Sophie only stared as he disappeared into the distance and she was left at a loss for words, simply staring in his direction and whispering,

"See ya..."

She turned around to face the building of her school. Other students walked passed her into the building, weapons on their backs and daunting battle frowns on their faces. Sophie felt her heart skip a beat. Was she really ready for this? Ready to give up her previous life to become a Weapons-Master? Was this really worth her parents' never ending disappointment in her?

She shook those thoughts out of her head and began to make her way into the building. Sophie decided she was ready. She wanted to protect herself, protect others who were less fortunate and less equipped. She couldn't do that if she followed the typical life of a modern woman. Sophie felt more and more nervous with each step.

Inside the classroom, she noticed there were very few girls in class. Only one other girl besides herself, even the teacher was male. Sophie took her seat and immediately the boy who sat behind her began to pester her,

"Heya babe." He said, and Sophie sank in her chair, trying to disappear into the seat. "Damn, you're good looking! Hurry up and give me your info before I don't want it anymore." When Sophie ignored him, he began to touch Sophie, first messing with her hair, to which, Sophie still ignored him, too afraid to fight back in front of the teacher... It was when the boy tugged on her shirt and revealed the back of her brassiere that Sophie lost her temper.

She punched him. Unfortunately, despite being a Weapons-Master, fighting was not permitted and Sophie was punished. The teacher was rather ruthless with her and made Sophie ran a few laps around the building while the rest of the class went about practicing dueling. As humiliating as it was, Sophie ran, the entire time cursing under her breath for the injustice she'd probably go through in this class. It sucked being a woman, Sophie decided.

Sophie went through the entire class being picked on by the boys. A few of them called her derogatory names, usually trying to pressure her into talking, but most of them just followed the lead of the one boy who was insistent on making Sophie his girlfriend, though he had no respect for her.

Sophie wished the class would be over soon so she could see Filius and tell him about it.she was sure he'd shut these boys up for good.

Andraus

Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 AM

Sophie would see, on the other side of the field (near a mages tower) were the students practicing magic. Filius was arguing with the instructor, and was then seen casting magic Beyond the scope of what students his age should know. As they were sparing and practicing basic spells, Filius was unleashing intermediate level incantations and charms, summoning spells, and growth magic. During it all, he had the same familiar glint in his eye whenever he was using magic: The thrill of mastering life itself, the feeling of your energy becoming reality, the fact that his will could shape the very ground he was on.

It was the same as years ago.

Filius always had this.....Drive to shape and create something better, something unique, something different. Where as all of his family valued total strength and raw power, Filius sought to understand the powers at be. The learn how a human body worked, how a simple sapling turned into a giant tree, and how an apple could sustain life: These were Filius's questions, and he always was determined to get answers. Despite that, it would be obvious that he was pushing himself unusually hard. It was like he wanted to do better, and be better than he already was.

Most would be proud of the power he has already gained, but it seemed to Filius this wasn't enough. As he was practicing, several mages stopped, and just stood and watched as this male, who was built like a warrior, was casting spells that a 5th year barley could master. Sophie would see females staring at him, whispering to themselves and giggling. Others had a begrudging respect for him. Filius worked his ass off for the power he had, and it was paying off. But that was due to the fact that he had a singular goal, a drive that pushed him forward.

But what was it?

Kory

Old 09-21-2015, 12:34 AM

Sophie let out a long sigh, class seemed to last so much longer than she had expected it would. At first she was rather excited to become a Weapons-Master, but it proved to be much harder than she had expected. What the heck!

The boys continued to bother her throughout class, while the instructor only glared down his nose at Sophie and made snide remarks such as, "Weaponry is no place for a young lady." Sophie wondered how the other girl in class felt with so much bigotry going on here. It was torture. As much as she hated feeling inferior while doing magic, she began to grow more hatred towards those that have done her wrong in the Weaponry class.

While sparing, she fought her hardest, trying to prove to everyone in class that despite being the youngest and being a woman, that she had what it took to become a warrior. She allowed her zweihänder sword, which she fondly called, Valentine, to swing and clash against the swords and other weapons of the other students. Sophie decided then that she wouldn't let herself be the subject of teasing anymore.

A couple of times her instructor glared at her when she had gotten close to besting her opponent. He glared as if to say, 'You'll never beat a man at his own game.' Sophie's blood boiled, but the tension, she concluded was good for her. She'd prove everyone wrong, she would make sure of that.

Throughout the first lesson, Sophie found her eyes wandering over to the other side of the field where the Magic-Casters were practicing. She didn't envy them. She was only curious to see how Filius was holding up in his class.

Another hour or so went by and the instructor finally called for a break, to Sophie's horror. The boys who were bothering her before approached her again and Sophie growled a warning to them,

"Look, I let you off easy last time. If you touch me again I swear I will break your nose and I won't let the teacher stop me."

"Ooh." The leader of the pack cooed, "I love a girl who plays hard to get."

Sophie had to walk away, her temper was slowly being lost again and even though she threatened bodily harm to the boy bothering her, she really couldn't afford to get into so much trouble on the first day. She stared at the Magic-Casters for a while, longing to be near Filius. After a few moments of waiting and watching, Sophie looked around, making sure no one was paying any attention to her. She took off running towards the Magic-Casters, stopping a good distance away from their class, for she didn't want anyone to notice she was there.

She also didn't want her own class to notice she wasn't there.

Sophie wanted to call out to Filius, but she didn't want to disrupt the class. Instead, she simply sat where she was standing and buried her face in her hands, letting some tears fall from her eyes as she tried her best to wipe them as quickly as she could. She hated being the focus of ridicule and teasing. She was never even that good at handling it as a child.

Sophie wiped her eyes and her runny nose, changing her focus from those mean boys to Filius. She watched him carefully, what he was doing, the spells he wove, the magic he casted. She longed to be like him... He seemed so strong, so immune to the way the girls talked about him behind his back. She wanted to be like Filius and she'd do all in her power to make that reality.

Andraus

Old 09-21-2015, 01:09 AM

( Ava The Vampire: What I have in mind, after Filius goes off on the teacher and students (if she tells him) is that he's going to train her in Weapon-mastery, as he was trained from a young age. As I am sure you noticed, something traumatized him at a young age, pushing him from a child that wanted peace and harmony, to a rebel fighting his way to achieve his vision. While they train, and reconnect, he'll eventually tell her.)

Filius was most wrapped up into the spell-casting process, ignoring the words and actions of those that were near him. When he turned, to attempt a different incantation, the collectivity was instantly gone from his face. He could see, just barley, a small figure, crying in her hands. It was Sophie. He ran over, pushing past the students, and ignoring the words of his instructors. He using his fire magic to propel himself far enough so that he landed not to far from her.

After running the remaining distance, he pulled Sophie into a strong hug. "Shh....shh.....It's okay, It's okay, I'm here. "He said, repeating words of comfort as best he could. "I know this is a bit much, but I need to know what happened, okay?"he asked her. "Don't worry, you can tell me. You can trust me. "he said, knowing she already knew that.

Kory

Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 AM

(Oh, I see. Alright. :) I'm excited to see how it unfurls!)

Sophie sobbed into Filius' shoulder, trying to form the words, but finding that it was more difficult than she thought. She took a moment between sobs to explain,

"It's so hard...' She cried, "No one takes me seriously. H-how am I supposed to be a fighter if people laugh at me?"

She rubbed her face in Filius' shoulder snd continued to cry, no longer feeling embarrassed for telling him what was going on. She had originally planned to tattle on the boys who were picking on her, but it didn't feel right. She could care less if the boys were punished. All she really wanted was to be near Filius and be assured things would be okay.

Andraus

Old 09-21-2015, 04:22 PM

Filius listened rubbing her back the entire time. Students from his class were coming by, to see what was wrong. Filius stood up, and looked towards his instructor. "Excuse me, but I need to pay a visit to your colleagues class. "He said, as he began walking towards the Weapon-Master training, Bringing Sophie behind him, holding her hand.

"Sir Imperii, you know you can't leave until class is done! There are regulations that you must-"

"My work is all done, I've practiced the number of spells that I've needed too, and my level of magic far precedes this. Any more time spent working around the basics is a waste of my time, and yours. "he said, as they approached back towards the weapon-master class.

The moment Filius came back with Sophie, things got tense. Everyone of the weapon-masters were obviously irritated about having him there, partially because he was a Magic-caster, and partially because of how he humiliated the previous weapon-masters they've encountered. He then approached the Instructor (whom I assume you are controlling), and crossed his arms. "Hello Sir, might I ask what the hell is going on?"he asked, a hard stare on his face. Sophie has, until today, never seen Filius become really angry, and it seems today that, every time someone steps on his toes or bothers her, It come out. "Might you explain why you are singly incapable of doing your job, and training this woman proper?"he asked, not raising his voice above a normal level

Kory

Old 09-22-2015, 01:05 AM

(Yeah, I'll control the Weapons-Master teacher, I guess, since I already started pretty much. Lol. )

Sophie hid behind Filius, feeling a little cowardly for doing so, but at the same time, noticing the change in Filius again... That horrible, angry aura that filled his being and she wanted to remain out of his range of fire. She didn't like the look on the instructor's face and seeing both him and Filius upset made her feel like telling him may have been a mistake.

Sophie shrunk behind Filius when the teacher began to speak in his low, gruff voice,

"I treat Miss Eire the same way I treat all of my pupils." He growled at Filius, "She has to carry her own weight in this class like everyone else and her disruptive behavior doesn't say much for her first impression. " The instructor folded his arms across his chest and looked down his nose at Filius, making Sophie want to shrink back even further.

"Miss Eire, despite her most valiant efforts, struggles to hold up her own sword. It is my opinion that Miss Eire would be better suited learning magic. I'm sure my collegues would agree. Weaponry is no place for a uncoordinated young woman such as Miss Eire."

Sophie gripped onto Filius' arm tightly, feeling her own anger starting to make her blood boil. She considered herself to be rather strong, rather brave and bold and to have the instructor insult her for boldly made her more angry with each word that fell from his mouth. After a few moments, Sophie burst,

"I work as hard as I can... I may not have the strength the other students have and I may not be that fast or that coordinated, but damn it if I don't try my damn hardest. I want to be a Weapons-Master probably more than anyone in this class and I refuse to go back to learning magic when my heart isn't in it. I refuse to live out my life like a common, miserable... woman."

Realizing what she'd done, Sophie's eyes filled with tears again and she turned on her heels and ran back into the building.

Andraus

Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 AM

(Ava The Vampire: Sorry if this is god-moding, or if this is affecting anything you had plan, but this is kind a necessary for the scene I had in mind.)

Sophie would feel a hand grab onto her hand. It wasn't a sharp tug, it wasn't a jerk, it was a reassuring grip, meant to give strength and confidence. Filius would approach the teacher on his face, a look of....disapproval on his face, at the teacher. "If that is the case, then you've already failed as a teacher. You should be ashamed. "He said. Being defiant was one thing, but denouncing a teacher in front of his entire class? That took guts. "Have you, Sir, forgotten about warriors like this young woman, who have started out from humble origins, and are revered as Hero's in our lore?"he asked him. He then spoke loud, so that the class, and the few magic-casters that had come to retrieve Filius, could hear.

"What about Adriana Blackguard, Tribal woman of the Azarus Deserts, who lead an army of warriors to cleanse her lands of the demon nests? She had no training, was a simple gatherer, and yet she managed to unite the warring tribes and destroy a vermin so sick it deserved death. "he said. "Or, how about Sivani Griswald, blacksmith to the Griswald family from the village of Arroyo, who became the most famous dragon-hunter of her age? She slew a High Dragon in the Twilight cathedral, the great worm Tiamat, out of a desire of revenge, for the destruction of her village."He said. Filius had always been an avid historian, and frequently requested books, as a child and as an adult, as to learn from the mistakes of the past, and use proper knowledge to pave towards the future.

"These woman had no training, no skill what so ever, and nothing that made them significant, yet they stood out as hero's! This woman here- "He held his hand out towards Sophie. "Has trained herself to be ready to become like that, to become something greater, a hero for this day and age. She has the same will, the same smarts, and the same pride in her craft, but she has something they did not: The knowledge on how to fight. She trained herself to be ready for this. Yet all of you shut her down, because of what gender she is? You make me sick. You call yourselves weapon masters? I am a Magic-caster, but you're nothing compared to what a weapon-masters should be. "He said. He then pointed towards the one that had been bothering Sophie earlier. "You- I shall use you as a Demonstration. "he said.

In case the teacher decided to dismiss this, or the students shook it off, he decided to bait them. "Or perhaps you don't want too? Scared that a 'Robe' might knock you down on your ass, like the drunken vermin you are?"he asked them, goading them. This was the Filius, that Sophie remembered. Always using his voice as a weapon, not going straight into a fight. IT was surprising that he managed to reign in his anger so easily. She'd also understand that the weapon-masters would be forced to accept the challenge. Refusal to do so would be a forfeit of honor, and seen as a weakness.

Last edited by Andraus; 09-23-2015 at 05:42 AM..

Kory

Old 09-25-2015, 02:05 AM

"History..." The instructor said, "...is in the past. A modern woman's place is no longer on the battlefield."

Sophie wrinkled her nose in anger. She thanked her lucky stars for Filius and it felt good having her stand up for him, however, Sophie leaned towards, Filius, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder,

"You don't have to do this, Filius. I don't want you to get into trouble over me." She whispered. "They aren't worth it."

But the boy who's been bothering Sophie didn't look like he was going to back down, which made Sophie nervous. She knew Filius could easily rip this boy a new one and she didn't want to have any part in his death. When the boy took a step forward, Sophie slipped out from behind Filius, grabbed his hands while looking directly into his eyes,

"Filius, you don't have to prove anything to them."

She almost, almost regretted whispering because the boy now decided to take the opportunity to pester Sophie once more,

"What's the matter, sweet cheeks? You don't need to protect this skirt wearer. Maybe if you stuck with your own kind you'd have an easier transition. You're with the big boys now, Dorothy, this ain't Kansas."

Sophie grit her teeth, turning around to face him. "Listen, asshole..." She said, "Filius could beat your ass in a fight with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back. But it's not him you should be afraid of. If you so much as touch me again I will bruise you so badly that you'll feel it in your dreams."

Turning to Filius again, she winked, knowing that if this was going to go down with a fight, that Filius would be the victor and she'd be at his side, where she always wanted to be.

(I hope this works!)

Andraus

Old 09-25-2015, 02:23 AM

Filius leaned closed to Sophie, and hugged her in front of all of them. "We promised to have each others backs, no matter what. I didn't want to leave before, and I won't leave now. "He said, before walking towards the man. "Fine then. You think I am a simple skirt-wearer? Then I'll take it as you accept my challenge. Tonight, at the 6th bell-toll. We shall meet in the courtyard supervised by our respective instructors. "He said. "If it will make you feel better, I won't even use more than one spell, or use my sword: I'll just use my fists. "he said.

"As for you-"he said, pointing towards the teacher. "If you're any kind of learned man, you should know the basic fact of history: It always repeats itself. "he said. He then turned as the bell rung, signalling the end of class. "This will be settled tonight. As of right now, I have a date with a beautiful woman. On my honor as an Imperii, I won't leave her waiting. "he said. The last part was to be a warning to all of them. The Imperii were known to produce powerful weapon-masters, and if Filius was one of them, then his strength was obvious. It was too late for them to back out now.

Filius would bow before Sophie, placing a hand on his chest. "May I escort you to dinner?" he said, a smile on his face.

Kory

Old 09-26-2015, 08:30 PM

Sophie returned Filius' hug. This felt right. She gave him a tight squeeze as he promised not to leave her again. Then, after Filius gave the ultimatum, she snorted at the boy. It was immature, yeah, but she was only stooping to his own level.

"I wouldn't miss this fight for anything!" She snorted again. It was tempting for her to flip that boy the bird, but her wise mind told her to think better of doing that. She wasn't twelve, after all... Immaturity was no way to prove anything to anyone. After all, if she lost her temper she'd just prove the teacher correct in all that he was saying. Instead, Sophie moved closer to Filius.

Sophie kept her eyes on Filius the entire time and began to blush a little when he offered to escort her to dinner. She looked around at the scowls on the faces of both the Magic Casters and the Weapons Masters. Surely, this was not how she imagined her first day at school would be. Still, she would rather be an outcast with Filius as her only friend, than to blend in with the other students and be separated from him again. She smirked at them and turned back to Filius,

"I gladly accept your offer." Sophie probably should have ended it there, but her snark took over once more, "And I don't give a damn what any of you have to say about it."

Andraus

Old 09-26-2015, 09:33 PM

Filius took her to the dining hall. While there were scowls and glares from the older students, it was different from the younger ones. A first year student walked over towards Filius, and thanked him. Sophie would recognize him as the Magic-caster that Filius helped on the bridge. A weapon-master walked over towards Sophie, bowed his head in respect, and apologized, saying not all of them were like that. Even though it seemed that what they did earned them a great deal of animosity, it appeared it also earned them a great deal of respect from the first-years.

"This reminds me when my folks found out I was showing you pointers on how to disarm people, doesn't it? 'Not proper for a woman of her standing' or something like that. Hell, you could disarm people better than any two men put together. "He said to her. "By the way, thanks for showing me basic spells and all that when we were kids. You knew as little as I did, but it gave me a foundation to build on. "he said.

Kory

Old 09-26-2015, 10:48 PM

Sophie enjoyed the recognition she and Filius got for their "bravery" while at the same time, she was mistrusting of those who thanked them. The world was black and white to her, everyone was either good or bad, there was little in between. She couldn't help but feel as though they were only thanking her and Filius out of spite. Though, in the back of her mind, she knew that wasn't true.

She leaned her head on his shoulder. "It does remind me of that day... I remember my parents weren't too happy about that either!" She giggled. "You seemed to need the magic spells a lot more than I did. I'm glad they were able to help. You've grown into such a hot shot. I can only hope I'll be half as good with weapons as you are with magic..."

Sophie looked at him, "You aren't really going to fight with your bare hands, are you?"

Andraus

Old 09-26-2015, 11:45 PM

"Of course I am. I am going to wearing gauntlets, basic leather armor, and I am only going to use one spell. "he said, rubbing his chin. "I give myself.......Yeah, I can win that easily."he said. He didn't lack for confidence, that was sure. But he was going light on a fully armored individual, who had superior training and armor. What was one spell and two gauntlets going to do against that? Also, leather armor...that wouldn't protect against a mace or a sword. It was almost like-

He was showing Sophie that, despite her disadvantage, she could easily win in an open fight. Filius must have a card up his sleeve. Just what was this one spell he had in mind?

Kory

Old 09-27-2015, 04:25 AM

"Woah!" Sophie said in mock surprise, "Don't let your humbleness get in the way of the fight!" She teased. "If you need any back up, just let me know. I'd be happy to land a fist in his face again. Maybe this time I'll knock out all of his teeth and shut him up for good."

Sophie didn't like being made the center of attention. That boy would pay for embarrassing her like that. Sophie was glad to have a friend like Filius. He always made her feel stronger even when she was feeling low, weak and miserable.

"Why do the Magic Casters and the Weapons Masters not get along, Filius? What could have happened that turns people against each other like that?" Sophie's mind wandered.

Andraus

Old 09-27-2015, 04:56 AM

"Don't worry Sophie. By the time I'm done with him, he won't be able to walk straight for a month."he said, with a grin on his face. It was the Imperii blood in him, the part that loved a good fight. Filius didn't look for a fight, but that didn't mean he didn't enjoy it. "It's good to have you by my side though. I need reliable people like you. You're strong, too. With a little training, you could be a walking monster-destroyer."he said to her.

"As for the those two factions, I think it's mainly political. Traditionally, Weapon-masters have been at the head of the governments of the world since time in memorial. The best warriors, or the best scavengers. The chain of command didn't matter to people who needed things done. "he said to her. "Now that things have settled, the Magic-casters claim to focus on the intellectual and scientific principles of society, but it's mainly a power grab. "he said to her, and laughed to himself. "The sad thing is, is that they make the most off of each-other. Warrior kills a monsters? It's remains can be studied by a Magic-caster. Magic-caster enchants a weapon, or piece of armor? Warrior uses it to fight and kill a monster. "he said to her. "They need eachother, and yet they're too stupid to realize it. "He finished.

Kory

Old 09-28-2015, 01:38 AM

Sophie gave a toothy grin when Filius said she was strong. She didn't always feel strong, she often struggled with feeling weak and feeling as though she had no control over anything. It felt good to hear him call her strong... It felt good to hear anyone call her strong. After today, she truly did feel stronger. Filius made her feel stronger.

"I see..." Sophie was now understanding. The two opposing factions needed each other, but still they fight. "That's so sad." As she walked alongside Filius she felt her stomach rumbling and it growled angrily, making Sophie's eyes go wide and causing her to fling her arms across her stomach to muffle the sounds of it grumbling.

Try as she might, she was almost sure he heard her stomach roaring. She tried to laugh it off to hide her embarrassment.

"Oh, haha... I got so anxious for my first day of school, I didn't eat anything today." She chuckled, "You know how it is..." When her stomach finished growling, she relaxed a little and gently pushed a stray strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear. "... Sorry about that."

Andraus

Old 09-28-2015, 01:49 AM

Filius reached into his pouch, and checked his allowance. Just because he was a Magic-caster, didn't mean his family didn't feed him. Though his allowance was....less than it should be, it was still enough. "How about I make that wee lie a reality? Dinners on me. "He said to her, giving her a grin. Not even waiting for an answer, he grabbed her hand, and ran towards the building.

The school cafeteria was dissected into several booths, each one with for a small group. They approached counter, and saw they had an impressive display of food, obviously better than what you'd find at a tavern or common inn. "You first. Order what you'd like. "He said to her. Just then, his own stomach made a noise of protest, and he covered it. ".....you didn't hear that...."he said, obviously embarrassed.

Kory

Old 09-29-2015, 01:21 AM

As much as Sophie appreciated Filius' kindness, Sophie said,

"That's alright! I can pay for my own dinner." She gave him a gentle jab with her elbow and smiled. "I'm a big girl, after all!" It was always fun to tease Filius. But right now, the thing that was mostly on her mind was refueling. Sophie realized that starving herself wasn't a good idea when you're training to become a fighter. Still, she eyed the food hungrily. So much to choose from!

Sophie giggled a little when she heard Filius' stomach growl. Of course, he was hungry too! She nudged him with her elbow again and gave a reassuring smile. Alright, back to the food... Sophie's mind was moving so quickly with her eyes she almost felt overwhelmed at the choices. She hadn't seen so much food in a while, at home, her family wasn't exactly wealthy and food was often served in small portions so as to hav enough for everyone. To see so much food in one place almost made Sophie laugh and cry at the same time.

"Um..." Sophie started to order, but as soon as she was certain she'd made up her mind about what she wanted, she changed her mind just as quickly. "... Well... That looks good." She said, pointing to a turkey leg. She was terrible with decisions, in the end, she just ordered a plate of meat and potatoes. "Sorry I took so long, Filius..."

Andraus

Old 09-29-2015, 02:39 AM

Filius was analyzing the food while he waited for Sophie to order. Once she was done, he spoke up. "Buttered onion potatoes, 3 Chicken legs, Broccoli, and a dinner roll ."he said to the cook. Receiving his platter, he sat down across from Sophie. "Sorry if it's a bit much, but using my magic drains my energy fast. I get hungry easily. "He said to her. "Small price to pay, for all the power it affords, but it's quite a nuisance. "he said to her. He then proceeded to take a big bite out of one of his chicken legs.

In the midst the eating, they heard murmurs coming from all around the room, about assignments, essays, and the upcoming duel between Filius and the Weapon-Master brute. Many were betting on the Weapon-master, but there were a few placing their bets on Filius. He just cocked his head to the side, and grinned. "Alot of people are betting on me to win....better not disappoint them, eh?"he said, his grin on his face.

However, in this lighting, Sophie would see something that wasn't laughable.

Along his neck, from his ear to his shoulder, she would see a scar doting his body. It looked like it was either made by a claw, or a sharp blade. It was old, but it felt.....familiar. Had she seen it before, when they were kids?

Kory

Old 10-01-2015, 08:18 PM

It made Sophie a little uncomfortable to see the hideous scar on Filius' neck. Still, she was hungry, so we ate her food silently, all the while trying to tear her eyes away from staring at his scar. After a few minutes, she was finally successful in that task and she ripped her eyes away from his neck and focused on her food, humming quietly as she scarfed down the food.

The potatoes were heavenly, the meat, succulent. Sophie hadn't had a decent meal in a while, it was nice to finally have some sustenance. Sophie was so wrapped up in her own meal she didn't pay much attention to the gossip floating around the cafeteria. When Filius mentioned it was the first time she really paid attention,

"Oh.." She mumbled with her mouth still full of food. She finished chewing and swallowed before she continued, "Aw, Filius, I know you'll beat his ass and anyone else's who dare cross you." She smiled and immediately dug right back into her food. But still, that scar bugged her and she found her eyes wandering over to it again...

She vaguely remembered it. Still, she didn't want to make him uncomfortable by staring. As she ate (or rather as she ravaged) her food, she noticed some of the Weapons-Masters staring at her... Probably the friends of the boy that Filius was going to fight. They glared at her and Sophie sneered back, feeling proud and confident in Filius that he'd win.

Andraus

Old 10-01-2015, 08:33 PM

"Glad you have confidence. I trust my own strength, but I am not so arrogant as to declare that I'll win without a doubt. It's good to have humility, as it prevents me from making mistakes. "he said to her, rubbing the scar lightly. "Oh, if only my sister could see me now.....She'd probably get on my ass for being so brash, but who cares. He insulted you, and that's all the reason I need to break his spine. "he said to her.

Filius's sister, Aphelia, was a renown demon hunter. However, when Filius still lived near Sophie, she was killed by a raiding party. Filius was away for a few days because of it, and a week later, he left the place for good. Sophie would then remember that, at the time, Filius had bandages around his neck.....were the two events related?

Kory

Old 10-03-2015, 10:13 PM

Sophie gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah..." Still, she couldn't move her focus away from Filius' neck. After another few seconds of awkward staring at Filius, she pulled her attention back to her food.

She ate in silence for a while until another Weapons Master approached her, one from the group of boys who'd been staring daggers at her. She turned away from him and pretended not to see him coming. She couldn't pretend any longer once his hand landed firmly on her shoulder.

"You'd better hope that your boyfriend wins this fight..." They threatened. Then he leaned close to Sophie's ear and whispered, "Because we'll definitely enjoy spending the rest of the semester seeing your pretty, little, disappointed face."

Sophie jerked away from him and slapped his hand on her shoulder. She didn't care that her mouth was full of food, she still could speak, though muffled.... "You whun get the plusher of sheeing my dishappunned fay-sh." She finished chewing before she continued, "Creep!" She sucked in a deep breath, "Filius could destroy all of you. You should be glad I'm here, he wouldn't want me to see your insides painted across the walls or anything. So why don't you just take your creepy ass and walk it away from my bubble or I'll beat Filius to hurting you and your little friends."

They left, but still had that devilish little smirk on their faces.