ToriKat
(㉨)

Old 04-19-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
Are we allowed to submit poetry, or is it just drabbles?

You're allowed to make lyrical drabbles. ^^ So they can be poetic in nature, but just make sure they're 100 words exactly!

And wow, so many entries already! Great work guys! *is excited to read them all* <3

Sassy
\ (◡) /
Banned

Old 04-19-2008, 10:50 PM

My Ode to Nature!
Name:Sassy
Selected theme:Respect
Entry:

Along the forest line you walk , the trees and plants all full and green, you notice a small family of birds in the tree as you walk along the wooded path.
small critters all sizes dance about in your view as you wonder what goes through their little heads as they see you there. The live their lives out just being them selfs. not knowing what dangers lie ahead for them. The way we live our lifes, the way we treat this earth is a reflexion of the respect we have for our creatures no matter how great or small.

Sassy
\ (◡) /
Banned

Old 04-19-2008, 10:57 PM

My Ode to Nature!
Name:Sassy
Selected theme: Critters
Entry: The love we get from animals is awesome. they care for you without expecting anything in return, you can turn to them on a bad day and they will surely bring a smile to your face. when was the last time you gave some attention to your critter at home. take them for a walk or show them they mean the world to you. even a dog will be excited to see you no matter how long you are gone. even a trip to the mail box gets them excited about you coming back through the door. Animals are amazing.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 04-19-2008, 11:35 PM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: Secretdae007
Selected theme: Conservation!
Entry:

The woods were an enjoyable place. It was quiet but never eerie, always peaceful. Light hit the ground through the tree branches so that even the smallest of plants could grow. All of the creatures would live in harmony, with little disruption to their simple lives. It was a peaceful place… in the summers of the past. When looking on where the forest once was, one does not see the beauty or the grace of a habitat. One can only see the scatterings of plastic facades and litter. It only takes one person to look a little closer and help.

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-20-2008, 12:19 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: Enzeru

Entry: How to make friends.
The little girl picked up the cat that rubbed against her leg, "Are you hungry cute kitty? Have some of my tuna sandwich."
The cat stood on its hind legs and pawed for the food as the girl gave him a chunk of it. "Thanks," it seemed to say as it protected the food.
"Do you not have an owner? Well, if not I'll take you home and take care of you." The girl gave the cat another bit of sandwich.
The cat finished it and then sat down by the girl. "Thanks, I needed that."

Last edited by Ferra; 04-26-2008 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: Fixed weird symbols

Red Calypso
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: Red Calypso
Entry:

I sit outside on a beautiful spring day. The sun is shining, the dogs are running around the yard, and a squirrel is sitting up in one of the trees, taunting them. What could be more perfect? Then I see something small flitting around by the bushes. It's a wasp. I watch it warily as it goes about its business, slowly getting closer to me. It lands on a brick within striking distance. I pull off my shoe, then hesitate. I get up and go inside instead. The wasp deserves to enjoy the day just as much as I do.

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-20-2008, 12:53 AM

TORRII D;

how are we suppose to know if its 100 words? In the actual
typing world 5 characters = 1 word, but here would 'I' be
considered a word?

and MUST it be 100 words? Thats much too short T__T

Red Calypso
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 AM

Um, I counted each word as one, I hope that's right. I also hope I counted right! :D

Rainy
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Rainy

Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name:xFallenx
Selected theme:Conservation
Entry:As the light wind quietly blew around her, her small, gentle green vines began to grow.
"Come my dear, embrace yourself and the world around you." She seemed to say.
Her emerald green leaves began to bloom, as if reaching toward the sky. "The sun is
our protector, our light, our world. We still have much left, much to be done, but all our cherished things are fading." The whispery, windy voice changed suddenly. "What humans have caused today is killing nature, killing us. You can save us, make a difference and let the world be what it once was."

Last edited by Ferra; 04-26-2008 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Fixed weird symbols

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-20-2008, 01:23 AM

I use microsoft word to count my words.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-20-2008, 01:23 AM

Do you know how hard it is to turn a story in 100 words? That's nuts!

My Ode to Nature!
Name: CK
Selected theme: Nature
Entry:

Fifi the Faerie didn't like the usual sorts of things that faeries like.

Dancing around mushroom circles seemed very silly to her. Flowers were okay - but only if they could be used as materials for pretty clothes. She couldn't care two twigs about anything else.

But she only made the mistake of littering once. Just once.

She'd found a scrap of paper and instead of immediately binning it, Fifi tried to fold it into a hat. It didn't turn out, so she dropped it. An owl happened to see the paper fall and swooped on her position. And ate her.

I hope you're happy. >:P

EDITED TO ADD:
I use the program "RoughDraft" which does my wordcount for me.

Last edited by Ferra; 04-26-2008 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Fixed weird symbols

xnarnian
Anna

Old 04-20-2008, 01:54 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: xnarnian
Selected theme: Recycling
Entry: Ah, Earth Day. A time when we're supposed to get out there, and help Mother Earth. But do we? No. Exactly my point. Cans and other recyclable items are just thrown away in a trash bin. People think, "Oh, it won't do any harm." No harm done? What are they talking about? If everyone recycled, the world would be better. Why? Because there wouldn't be so much waste, that's why. In school, they have recycle bins near the trash cans. All they have to do is decide if it's recyclable or not! Is it much? No, so help out Earth!

//Hope you like it. (:

Last edited by Ferra; 04-26-2008 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: Fixed weird symbols

ToriKat
(㉨)

Old 04-20-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat
TORRII D;

how are we suppose to know if its 100 words? In the actual
typing world 5 characters = 1 word, but here would 'I' be
considered a word?

and MUST it be 100 words? Thats much too short T__T
Yes, it must be 100 words exactly. ^^ I is a word, so it's one word.

Like Enzeru, I used Microsoft Word -> Tools -> Word Count to get the number of words. :3 *points above* CK pointed out that she uses RoughDraft to do the word count.

Cami
(㉨)

Old 04-20-2008, 02:16 AM

Have you been warning people when they're off? XD I know I told one person.

Red Calypso
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2008, 03:08 AM

If I was off, please tell me so I can fix it.

Spunkifull
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2008, 03:40 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: Spunkifull
Selected theme: Love
Entry:
I walk through the moonlit wilderness. I see a magnificent flower, in full blossom and at the peak of its beauty, with such a sweet and wonderful scent. Just like the way I see you. My beautiful flower, my moonlit white rose in the dark. With the sweet scent that reminds me of your kindness and your care. And while the flower may whither, you will always be as gorgeous and elegant as the day I fell in love with you. Your eyes will always sparkle like the stars in the sky, and your smile will outshine the moon itself

Spunkifull
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2008, 04:22 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: Spunkifull
Selected theme: nature
Entry:Can you see her? She can see you. Can you hear her? She can hear you. Can you smell her? She can smell you. Can you taste her? She can taste you. Can you feel her? She can feel you. You can see her plants, grass, and trees grow from the earth. You can hear her through the breeze that flows between the trees. You can smell her sweet scent from the flowers on her delicate surface. You can taste the fruit she gladly gives for you to enjoy. You can feel her light's warm embrace. Our Mother Earth's Love.

Last edited by Ferra; 04-26-2008 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: Fixed weird symbols

critternator
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-20-2008, 05:28 AM

Hahaha....

@CK, I loved yours. Everyone else's are quite heavy and yours was just funny. Like I was expecting something intense, but no, Fifi was just eaten by an owl...

Lol... I love it.

ToriKat
(㉨)

Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM

Now that I'll be online for a solid seven and a half hours, I will be reviewing each entry. I'll post them up in the entries list after I've made sure they've qualified. ^^

Great work guys! Keep those stories coming! :D

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-20-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by critternator
Hahaha....

@CK, I loved yours. Everyone else's are quite heavy and yours was just funny. Like I was expecting something intense, but no, Fifi was just eaten by an owl...

Lol... I love it.
::laughs:: It's hard to be serious in only 100 words. XD Better to be funny. 8D

Thanks. X3

ToriKat
(㉨)

Old 04-20-2008, 06:07 AM

Alright! I've checked all the entries. Those that did not qualify received a PM welcoming them to edit them before the deadline. ^^

Thank you for entering guys! I really loved reading them. <3

...seriously, keep them coming. xD

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: Facade
Selected theme: Love
Entry: Trills sounded from the surrounding trees.
Startled, Saphia's lips abandoned her boyfriend's as she listened to the sounds. Placing her forefinger to her lips, her eyes darted from tree to tree; pausing, she grinned at Richard. "Hear that?"
"What?" He tried to persuade her into kissing.
She replied, "The birds. Their song is romantic."
A laugh escaped Richard, making her glare. "...What? They're just birds--"
"--What?!" Saphia left Richard's arms, beginning to walk away. "Do you know what today is?"
"No?"
"It's Earth Day!"

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 04-20-2008, 11:02 AM

My Ode to Nature!
Name: sad_girlformat
Selected theme: Nature
Entry:
Sharing is caring. We should have learned that since grade school ages ago. But from what I saw, we shared, but forgotten about the caring. This world, shared amongst many living creatures ranging from us humans to plants to animals, is being slowly degrading. We took advantage over the Earth's resources and abused them. The deforestation, the pollution, global warming, they are all our doings. Extinction, diseases, who to fault but ourselves? We share this Earth; we need to care for it. Prove that that phrase we are teaching the children is still true. Changes will only start from you.

OMG... I'm finally done!! ;o;

Alexis Durem
\ (◡) /

Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM

Just so you know, i get the PM and edited my drabble so that it was exactly 100 words.

ToriKat
(㉨)

Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM

Thank you both for your great entries!

I've updated the Tree Lottery ticket entries with the previous posts.

edit: Your entry's been listed now, Alexis. ^^ Thank you!