Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 AM

"Nym you can't just walk away from this. You think I want a baby right now?!? No, I don't, but we can't do anything about it because we weren't careful." She rolling her eyes as he got up. "I know it means were screwed, but can't you at least talk to me?!"Her voice raised as she saw he was leaving. She got out of the tub and grabbed a towel. "You said you would be with me forever. Remember? Well forever doesn't mean leave me behind because of a mistake we BOTH made." She said, her eyes firery with anger. Why did he have to make this harder for her.

The distraught woman went it other bedroom and furiously slipped on her black nightie and threw her towel on the hamper. She had begun crying again and was begging the god she had started losing fate in to give her a small ounce of good luck and have this just be a mistake. Full of despair, she sat at the end of the bed and stared at the window.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 06-22-2013, 03:11 AM

He slowly turned around, trying to force himself to speak. It was too late.

"You can't just walk away from this."

Nym grimaced, looking away from the woman. Oh, if only that were possible! It wasn't. He couldn't walk away from Scarlett. He'd done it once, and it proved ... disastrous. Nym had fallen so far. It wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth losing her again.

The blond blinked in mild surprise as Scarlett's voice rose. For once, they had switched rolls. Scarlett was yelling, and Nym was silent. Anger and fear had their ways with both of them, corroding their minds and fraying their emotions. As Scarlett's anger rose, Nym's began to match it.

He turned just in time to see her grab a towel, moving into the bedroom. With a frown, he followed her. Nym stayed in the doorway, silent as Scarlett sat on the bed. Her tears were painfully obvious, and the way she nearly trembled in anger and fear made Nym's throat tighten.

He never was good with words. Nym was still for a long while before stepping into the room. Quietly stepping over to sit on the bed beside Scarlett, he reached for her. Despite her anger, Nym pulled her to him. She was still warm and damp from the bath. She hadn't even taken one, really...

"I'm still here," he said quietly, his voice husky with emotion. As always, Nym was quiet again. He wrapped his arms around Scarlett, pulling her against him and burying his face in her hair. The way she melded against him was so warm. "I didn't say I was leaving, Scar."

Nym took a deep breath, forcing the anger and fear from his voice. Scarlett needed him. He knew that. He also knew that Umbrella was going to be quite interested in their child.... He shut that part of his mind down quickly, not wanting them to have the information. If only it were that easy.

"Don't ... cry." Nym grimaced, knowing that those words were hardly enough. He lifted his head, kissing the side of Scarlett's face and running a hand over her back.

((I'll bring his anger back in the middle of the night. ;) Umbrella needs time to process, and Nym needs time to dream. Mwahaha))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-22-2013, 03:57 AM

Scarlett fought against him pulling her to him, but gave up when she felt his warmth. She sat in silence as he said he wasn't going to leave. "You can't. I can't do this on my own..I can't even raise Alex, How can I raise a baby? I've never been a mother figure." She sighed, feeling Nym bury his head in her dark locks. "I'm scared." She whispered, turning and burying her head in his chest. "There's so many things that can go wrong! There's no medicine, or hospital.. nothing to keep me alive.." She cried, her worried state showing in her emerald eyes.

She felt peace in his arms for a few moments. But as he spoke his words of comfort, she bit her lip. "How can I not cry? I'm not ready for this.. and its obvious you're not either. But I can't just get rid of it if I am pregnant. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.." She said looking up at him. "I know we aren't meant for this.. But please don't make me do it alone." She asked, her voice weak.

She sat there in his arms, not wanting the moment to ever change. She was frightened by her thoughts of the future. There was no chance of surviving with an infant around. Plus how would she escape a horde if she was eight or nine months pregnant? Marie could barely walk around. She tried her best to push her horrid thoughts away, but each time she looked at Nym she pictured what their child would look like. She had always wanted a baby.. but once the outbreak happened, her dreams of a husband, a house and children were crushed like the skulls of the infected.

Esmme

Old 06-30-2013, 03:20 AM

"I won't leave you." Nym's words held a kind of certainty that they never had before. "I promise, babe." Running a hand over her back, the blond slowly took a deep breath. "People gave birth before there were hospitals and medicine. You are stubborn enough to do it without any of that crap."

Nym frowned. He knew she was scared. Hell, he was getting freaked out. Neither of them had planned this, and neither was it the appropriate time to be discussing a child. They were in the middle of an apocalypse, and everything wanted to eat them. What a sick world this child was being brought in to. Nym felt a stab of guilt. It was his fault it all started. It was his fault that their child would face the horrors that hounded them.

With a sigh, Nym closed his eyes and fell back against the bed. He took Scarlett with him, keeping her cradled to his chest as he did so. "We aren't meant for much of anything, Scar. We'll get through this. We'll survive." His words might have seemed semi-comforting, but his mind was doing flips and whiplashes. This child was not going to be good.

"I love you, babe." Nym gently stroked her dark hair, wishing life had never gotten this dark. If only he'd been able to offer Scarlett a real home and family. If only their relationship hadn't been tainted by lust, and their friends and family destroyed. Now, everything was so ... grim. Hopeless.

Nym closed his eyes, trying to keep his mind calm. They would have to deal with the challenges as they came.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM

((I'll have Scarlett sneak out. :P We should have something else happen too. Like Zach follow her?))

Scarlett sighed as she was pulled back. "Medicine would be pretty nice though.." The dark haired woman muttered under her breath. "I just don't like the thought of bringing a baby into a world like this. Every cry would put everyone we love in danger." She said, putting her hand on her stomach. It was too soon to feel anything, but yet she still felt morning sickness. "This is gonna suck." She teased to brighten their moods. "We may end up two of the worst parents in the world, ya know." She said, eying him. "But at least were both willing to give it a shot." She gave him a quick kiss and then laid her head on his chest.

((Sorry it was short! I had to go somewhere real quick but I'm back now :D ))

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 08-08-2013 at 08:03 PM..

Esmme

Old 08-10-2013, 11:54 PM

((:D Alright, Zach will definitely have to follow her. He'll catch her because he's sitting outside, or something. He seems to be in one of those pensive, thoughtful moods. He may as well stick around and see her leaving. Heck, he'll probably think she's trouble and confront her. YES. DRAMA.))

"Yeah," Nym chuckled. "It's gonna suck." His blue eyes filled with laughter. "We haven't proven to be good parents as of yet. Maybe this will be our chance." The blond met Scarlett's gaze, a crooked smile on his face. "We'll give it our best shot."

He caught her kiss, then listened to the silence of the night as his thoughts took over. How long would it be before Umbrella found out about this child? Did they already know? Did they care ...? Nym closed his eyes, not wanting to dwell on it.

It seemed like hours before sleep finally pulled at him, dragging him down into darkness. Nym was comforted by the feel of Scarlett's heartbeat against his.

-

((I'll have Harper slip out soon. He's probably still lingering around where he knows blondie to be. ;)))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-15-2013, 12:18 AM

"Let go of me! Get your dirty hands off me you murderer! You can't do this, he's mine!"

Scarlett jolted awake. Her heart pounded wildly in her chest, and she had a strong urge to run outside. It was too stuffy in here. Everything felt oh too small. She sat up, grimacing at the feeling of cold sweat all over her face. She stood quietly, not wanting to wake up the sleeping Nym. She couldn't wake him up, not for this.

Her thoughts kept bringing up images of her dream. There had been men holding her back, keeping her from someone.. but she couldn't remember. Had there been crying in the background? She couldn't remember. All she remembered was the fear and rage. She couldn't do this. Someone was going to hurt her, this wasn't just a dream.

She quickly slipped on her dark skinny jeans and then pulled on a royal blue tank top. Her emerald eyes looked to the mirror out of habit. Before the outbreak she had always took pride in her appearance. Her face all prettied up, and her hair in place. But now a days, everyone she had once known was dead. There was no reason to look nice now. She looked away, not wanting to remember, and grabbed her backpack off the floor.

Before she exited the room she thought of leaving a letter. But she had never been too good with goodbyes. Plus, a letter wouldn't calm Nym down.. nothing would. She swiftly headed downstairs and grabbed little supplies. Just water and two cans of food. She wouldn't dare take more. Not when others lives depended on the food she was taking.

With a sigh, she looked to the stairs. She wanted so badly to take Alex.. but he wouldn't go. She knew he would be safer here anyways. Tears pierced her eyes as she opened the white screen door. She would never here the squeaky noise it made when it opened ever again. Within moments she was off, walking quickly down the driveway. She had to be out of sight by sunrise, and she had a long way to go. No matter what Scarlett, Don't look back. It'll hurt too much.

Esmme

Old 08-15-2013, 01:16 AM

Zach ran his hands through his hair, sighing quietly. He rested against the porch, leaning back against the wood. It pricked his back, but he didn't seem to notice. Harper's thoughts dwelt on Aura, and how she'd so willingly all but given herself to him. Brown eyes scanned the darkness thoughtfully.

Should he accept her offer? There weren't many options, after all. And she was nice enough, and very pretty. Zach found his mind wandering on that particular topic, picturing her blonde hair and teasing demeanor. His features darkened with a blush, and he blinked his thoughts away. She really was beautiful....

A quiet squeak made Harper jump, and he stood still as stone until he saw a form slip into the darkness. A familiar form. Scarlett?

Zach silently followed, looking confused. When he reached her, they were a good ways off from the house. She wasn't just scouting. Scarlett moved like a woman with a destination - or at least a goal to get away.

"Scarlett?" Zach reached out and caught her arm as he got close enough, looking completely confused. "Where are you going?" She had a bag with her. Was she leaving? The words slipped from his lips before he could think twice about them. "You're leaving us?" Honest as ever, the male's brown eyes met hers steadily. She looked ... worried. Scared.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-15-2013, 02:04 AM

As soon as Scarlett heard Zach call for her she stopped. "Shit," She mumbled. She turned as he took her arm. "I can't stay here." She said, her eyes wide with worry. She looked a bit shaky, and felt that Zach probably thought she looked crazy. "I had this dream.. about Nym's work.." She started, but stopped herself. "It wasn't just a dream Zach. I really think that if I stay I'll hurt the people I love. What if Umbrella comes after me? I was already something they wanted to get back at Nym, but now that I'm having a kid they're going to want me a hell of a lot more." She said, holding back her tears.

She pulled her arm away from his. "I have to go. Don't tell anyone." She said, turning her back on him. "I have to find a safe place for the baby. I already failed Alex, got his best friend killed.." She choked, "I can't let anything happen to this baby. And I'm sure as hell not letting Umbrella use me to hurt Nym." She growled. She looked back at him over her shoulder, her eyes softened. "I'm sorry, Zach."

Esmme

Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 AM

Seeing her on the brink of tears made Zach's heart break. She'd been reduced to this, all out of fear and worry. Zach's grip on her arm tightened slightly as she explained why she was leaving. It made sense, but at the same time, it was ... confusing.

His hand fell away from her arm as Scarlett turned away. Harper seemed stunned, as though he wasn't quite expecting Scarlett to truly leave. It was obvious now that she was going away. "You might not see any of us again," he said quietly, reaching out for her arm once again. It was getting harder to let her go as these realizations started entering his mind.

"At least tell me where you're going," Zach asked, true emotion entering his voice. His brown eyes met hers as he pulled her back. "I can't just let you walk off into the world knowing we'll never see you again!"

His throat tightened. Scarlett was leaving them. She was really leaving. And the odds were, they'd never see her again. She would probably die out there, alone and hurting.

"What the hell are you going to do when you're too pregnant to run?" he asked suddenly, worry in his voice. "You can't just hide out in a tree and give birth, Scar!"

((Should he continue to follow her away from the others, or should he stick around and just know that Scar left? :3))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-15-2013, 02:40 AM

(Hmmm. I think he should talk her into letting him come along. That way she's still part of the story since I can't make a lot of posts for her if shes out of the group. And that way Nym would think they ran of together and make a plot twist. :P )

"That's a risk I have to take Zach. I'll miss you guys.. but this is the only way." She said, watching as his face changed. She could tell he was realizing this was real. She wasn't kidding. "I plan to hole up somewhere by the time I can't run. Besides, two babies in the group is suicide. I have to go. We both know its the best option. This way I'm not hurting anyone but myself." She said, glancing at the sun rising in the distance. "I have to go." She said, giving Zach a hug. "Take care of Alex." She whispered. "Tell him I love him so much." She cried. "But mom would want me to keep him safe, and he's safe here."

She squeezed Zach against her. "I love you too, Zach. Don't ever forget that. Hell, If I would've stuck with you I wouldn't have to leave. But I'm dumb, and I got myself into this mess. So I have to deal with it, no matter what happens to me."

Esmme

Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 AM

((>:3 Perfect.))

"You're hurting everyone," Zach said, unable to hold any of his concerns back anymore. "You're going to hurt them, you're going to hurt me, you're going to hurt your baby, and you're going to hurt yourself, Scar!" His protests were cut off as the woman embraced him, her dark hair tickling his face.

Harper wrapped his arms about her, holding her and keeping her from leaving. Her words were ... touching. It felt like his heart was opening to her again, as difficult as it was to remind himself that Nym was the one she'd chosen.

After a few moments, Zach finally eased his hold on Scarlett. "You will die if you go alone." His brown eyes were earnest, still full of worry, and stern. "You will not go. Not without me." There was no way in all the world Scarlett would survive child birth on her own. Not without being tended to, cleaned up, protected, or fed properly for the days she needed to regain her energy. Her child would die with her.

"You can't risk both of your lives by rolling the dice like this, Scar." Zach's voice grew stern. He was getting stubborn. "I would never be able to forget how you just walked off to your own death if I didn't make sure you lived through child birth." Zach reached out and tugged on the strap of Scarlett's bag. He was pulling it off of her a few moments later, a frown on his face.

"I will bring this back," he said, turning on his heel. Without another word, Harper ignored further protests and headed back toward the house at a brisk trot.

It was a good fifteen minutes later when he returned, a second bag over his shoulder. With a grim expression, he met her gaze. "Lily and Alex will be safe on the farm," Zach whispered, though it sounded like he was trying to convince himself of what he was saying. "Aura will help take care of them." He said nothing about Nym. There wasn't much he could count on from the blond - he was a wild card.

Passing Scarlett's bag back to her, Harper felt his throat tighten. He knew she wouldn't run off without supplies. "We'll see them again someday." The words didn't hold the conviction needed to sound true. Torn between the two, Zach seemed to make a decision, and shifted his bag onto his back properly. "Someday will be when the sun rises, if we don't hurry."

He didn't leave room for argument. Turning his gaze in the direction that Scarlett had been headed, he straightened. "You're not facing this alone."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-15-2013, 04:45 AM

Scarlett bit her lip as Zach took her bag. "Fine. You can stay until I have it. Then we can come back here. Alright?" She said, tears in her eyes. "Zach please don't do this. Aura needs you.. Lily will be devastated." She called as he headed towards the house. Once he was outside the dark haired beauty followed alongside him. "I promise we will return. I just can't be around Nym until I have the baby. That way if they do come, I can run. But until then.. I need to be as far away from him as possible. I know this sounds crazy.. but if they do come and I'm too the point where I can't defend myself, then they could do something very horrible to me.. and to my baby." She said, grimacing at Zach's look on his face.

She looked back at the farm, her heart filling with grief. "I promise we'll come back. The second I'm up and walking again we'll find a way here." She said, tears flowing down her porcelain colored cheeks. "I'm sorry, Zach. We can leave a note if you want.. I just thought.. It wouldn't do any good." She said, looking at the road ahead of them. "We'll need to hot wire a car sometime soon so we can go get prenatal vitamins from the city. Plus we need to find somewhere to lay low. Low enough where Nym can't even find us."

((Should we have everyone start to wake up?))