Suno
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Suno

Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 AM

((okay, i get it... I dunno if I'll edit previous posts, but in this one I'm kinda gonna go along with that, ok?))

Eventually, Rin had decided to head home and wash up. After a day of work and feeling all sick and stressed, a shower and change of clothes was way overdue. She put on a black pair of jeans and a simple knit shirt with a light jacket. After eating the last apple that sat in her fruit bowl, she stepped out again, locking the heavy door behind her.

She had the day off- and was glad of it- because, for a long time, her art wasn't her focus at the moment. She was eager to get out and try to tackle this situation the best way she could on her own...

It wasn't long before she found herself just a few blocks from the downtown library. She had been going on back and forth in her head about how she wondered just how many books they might have that could really help her- and books that would just be a waste of her time. The subject seemed vulnerable to spawning publications like the latter.

She was about to cross the street when she heard a familiar voice. Rather, voices. Like before, in the forest. In her mind, whispering.

Rin's eyes widened as she looked to her right and saw and heard the screams of anguish as a man fell to the ground, and a dark figure emerged from him, pulling itself out of his body. She felt her blood turn cold. That was an Umbra. How strange- to have the opportunity to actually see one... she was terrified and in awe at the same time.

(( I'd say she's farther away enough so they they may be able to see her, they may not.))

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 PM

"Hey!" Etheai called to the girl in as gentle a tone as he could muster. He took a few steps toward her, and she took a step back. "What's you're name?" He asked. Cheri watched, a little worried.

"I'm not about giving my name to strangers," Saye responded, clutching Sev'ro in her left hand.

"Please..." He said, a little more concern apparent in his voice. "That necklace you have... where did you get it?"

"Why do you want to know?" Then a sudden thought crossed Saye's mind. What if she had picked it up and it had been something precious to someone else? What if someone had lost precious Sev'ro?

"Etheai," Cheri urged him. "It's none of our business. You're frightening her and she's probably late for school or something." And Etheai reluctantly backed down. After an awkward moment of silence, Saye turned to go on her way. But she suddenly stopped and turned to face them one more time.

"My name is Saye Morena, and if it's precious to you, you'll have to prove it," Saye wasn't sure if they would catch her meaning, still she turned and started to run toward her school.

"We really need that thing," Etheai sighed. "Because it will help me find what I'm looking for."

"It seems like it's important to her. And if it's not exactly what you're in search of, then why not let her keep it and instead see if she could lend it to us or maybe enlist her help somehow... Though I doubt her parents would approve of it, especially if she lives here." Cheri stared up at the enormous apartment building that stood before them. And Etheai finally noticed a key aspect about the girl known as Saye Morena's life.

"We still need to find out everything we can about that girl and her family," Etheai insisted.

Last edited by heartages; 11-13-2011 at 02:48 AM..

Suno
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Suno

Old 10-09-2010, 03:44 AM

After forcing herself to tear her gaze away from the black creature that quickly wisped away out of sight, leaving tortured screams in her mind, Rin went over to the man, who was now shaking and attempting to stand. "Are you alright?" She asked, when really, she wanted to ask him everything about the Umbra- when he got 'infected', what it was like, how long had it been inside him? More importantly, why did it leave him all of a sudden?! Something inside of her seemed to be getting worked up about something- and painfully so- but she could tell it wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

The man seemed to gather himself a little, and Rin cautiously let go of his arm. "Thank you", he said. He put a hand to his forehead, still getting his bearings. He looked up at the sky and the buildings that surrounded them. "For the first time in years..." He said softly, "I can see clearly... my body doesn't hurt anymore." He looked at his hands. "I'm cured..." So he thought this was some kind of a disease... Rin couldn't help but feel a little dissappointed. Obviously he didn't even know that another being was inside of him.
"Sir," She began. But then, she stopped herself. What good would it do to tell him the truth at this point? He might not believe her... and the Umbra was out of him anyway. She looked at him, giving a small smile. "I'm glad you feel better." What a lame thing to say, but she couldn't think of anything else. Her mind was racing.

Rin turned away, glancing up the street. The voices were still in her head, though they seemed a little calmer at the moment. Her body was rigid, but the pain from yesterday she was anticipating never came- at least, it didn't reach that threshold.

She wiped her brow which had become a little beaded with sweat, and took a deep breath, looking around her. She squinted at two figures a ways across the street. Was that? Etheai? Cheri? She straigtened, trying to look normal before walking over to them.

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-20-2013, 03:54 PM

They stood in the street, Etheai still staring up at the apartment building before them. Saye was long gone at that point. Etheai felt hopeful, though. He almost felt so happy that he could keep up his obnoxious act forever. That suddenly changed, however, when a cold rush suddenly went up his spine. He felt frozen.

"Hey, look!" Cheri smiled, standing sort of behind Etheai. "It's Rin!" She waved at her, smiling. At first, Cheri didn't question Etheai's unresponsiveness, but it lingered. Cheri leaned back to get a look at his face. She gasped and stepped back.

Etheai's face was completely white, his mouth slightly open, and his eyes were rolled back behind the lids. She did not know whether she should try to shake him or just leave him be. She stared for a moment.

In Etheai's mind, he was reliving one of his most common dreams. In total darkness, his father was there, in the distance, but none of Etheai's calls would reach him. Then, a cold, deep blue figure hovered above him. He couldn't make out it's exact size or shape, but he knew it was enormous. It seemed to wrap armlike appendages all around him, yet never get anywhere near him. It almost seemed to be grinning... grinning wildly as if all it's dark desires were being satisfied. The moment seemed eternal as he stared up at the creature, never sure exactly where he should be looking, barely able to make out its existence.

The dream was different this time. There was a voice. Deep, dark, cold... strange. The voice permeated his entire being, and it didn't exactly say anything. He just knew what it meant. He knew what it wanted.

When Etheai came to, Cheri was staring up at him, concerned. Etheai improvised, smiling insanely, his sharp teeth seeming to be extra menacing. "Are you okay?" Cheri asked.

"Of course!" Etheais said. "I'm better than okay! Why? What's wrong?" He asked, pretending absolutely nothing had happened at all.

"Well..." Cheri didn't know how to explain. The moment she was there and Rin had arrived, Etheai was... there in body, but his spirit seemed to be completely gone from him. It was almost as if he was a dead man standing there in the middle of the street. Cheri looked over to Rin, not knowing what to think at all.
Etheai's eyes drifted over and met Rin's. He wanted her to see the glare he was giving to her, but hiding from Cheri. He wanted her to know that he was angry with her... Well, probably not her, but that thing within her.