Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 PM

Name: Luka Smith

Race: Elf

Bio: All his life his parents told him never to trust their old friends. So he never did, not even when he met their daughter did he trust them. HIs hate for the family grew over the years and as life went on he became rivals with their daughter. But besides that his life was fairly normal. His parents pushed him hard to do good in school, he was one of the smartest people in class and he was great with machines. Life was good for him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luka sat in his room hunched over his work table like he usually was on the weekend. Goggles rested on his nose as he brought out a welding rod and started to weld some pieces together when he heard a knock on his door. Setting down his tools and his work, he called out, "door's open." as he pulled his goggles off to reveal dark brown eyes that looked almost black. A small lady with his same eyes came in, a piece of paper in her hands, "you can't stay in here all day, Luka, you need some fresh air." she said and held out a piece of paper.

Sighing, Luka got up and tok the paper. Looking at it, he saw it was a list of things that she needed from around town and from down below. Frowning, he looked up at her, "do I really have to do this, mom? I am so close to finishing my project." he whined softly but instantly shut up when he saw the look she gave him. Nodding, he sighed, "fine, I will go out." he said and with a smile, she left.

After grabbing his backpack, he went off into town. The city looked great as usual and with the sun that was shinning everything seemed perfect at the moment. He headed off to one of the ports that would be heading down to the earth below. Sure, most people would think they had everything they needed on a floating city, but it was still better to get stuff from the earth below. As he walked to the port, he found he was glad his mother forced him out of the house, he sometimes forgot how much he liked being outside.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 AM

Name: Rina Maybelline Soleil
Bio: Rina was raised amongst a royal family of nomads, always traveling around the world, but after so many years, she drifted off to go to school, to stay put until she could get all the skills she needed to become a Black Federation soldier. But that didn't change her opinion of the family enemies, the Smiths. She would hate them, and their son she saw every day during school, for the rest of her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rina stood in the middle of the crowd around the market district on the night that the Black Federation had their weekly recruit stand off, where they tested progress in hand to hand combat. There were around 30 students, and Rina was one of them. She was one of the first to volunteer to battle, and had gone through around 5 rounds without sustaining anything more than a few scrapes and bruises. For the others, she made sure they were at least a knock out. She was determined to be the most promising to the Black federation, because the better she was when she was just taking classes, the higher of a rank they would put her in. And she was hoping for a Sergeant at the least.

Smiling, she got ready for the next battle, adjusting her black leather gloves, placing her feet and raising her fists, seeing the next opponent. They were almost ready to start the battle when she heard it. The sound of her parents coming in. The horns playing the arrival of her parents, and sighing, she placed her fist into her hand, bowing her head. "I must withdraw. I would like to continue but I have other pressing matters I must tend to." she said, watching as the general nodded her dismissal, and she left the ring, running her fingers through her short, choppy hair.

As a fae, her bruises healed quickly, and her abilities gave her the upper hand. But like most normal people, dirt, sweat, and blood didn't randomly disappear. So she began walking towards the bakery she lived above with a temporary guardian while she schooled. She needed a bath and...

She stopped as she saw him. Luka Smith. She had to tolerate him every day at school during mechanics and technology. And she had to tolerate him when he had to buy things from her guardian's bakery. But his existance angered her, and he damned well knew it.

Taking a deep breath, she calmly walked the rest of the way to the bakery. "Luka's out... I'm going to take a bath and prepare to see my parents today." she told Mr. Vaughn, who looked up at her and shrugged. "Whatever suits ya darling." he said, watching me as I walked up the stairs, my boots making thumping sounds as they hit each wooden step.

Palmoun

Old 11-18-2012, 02:03 AM

Luka sighed as he walked and looked over the list a few more times. HIs mother wanted fresh herbs from the ground below and fresh vegetables. He knew that she hated any food that was grown in the city, she said it tasted of metal. But what else did you expect from a elf that had been raised on the earth. The only real reason she was here was because of his father. When she had come for a visit with her parents, their car broke down and a elf came to fix it up. It was his dad, he was one of the best mechanics in town, and after that the rest was history.

Yet as his eyes came to the end of the list, he groaned. His mother wanted bread... from the bakery... that SHE was at. He didn't get why she couldn't' just make her own bread. Since he was passing the Bakery on the way, he figured it would be easier to get it out of the way and so he didn't have to look at her in the face. Yet as he raised his eyes form the list, he saw her and the scowl on his face grew.

She was the one thing that he hated to see every day and yet he had managed to get classes with her this year. Just last year he had managed to go without having a class with her. Yet this year that wasn't a gift, he had to deal with her in the one class that he loved, it was annoying.

Forcing himself to walk, he headed into the bakery a few minutes after her. He was glad that he didn't see her anywhere. Sighing, he headed up the counter and looked at the Baker, "hey, can I get 3 loafs of your freshest bread?" he asked as he pulled out some money and set it on the counter. He hoped this would be quick, he wanted to get as far away from here before he saw her. He wasn't in the mood to fight. He wanted to get everything on the list and get back to the house, hopefully finish up his project and be able to show it off to the Federation.

He had been working on it for almost a year now, he even worked on it during school when he could. It was a new kind of Gun that he had developed himself. If it worked when it was done, the federation would be wanting it badly. It had taken him months to figure out the best thing for it and now it was almost done, he wanted to finish it worse then anything.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 AM

The baker looked at the list and took his money, deciding that he may as well plant an idea in the kid's mind. After all, when an idea is planted, it can't be ripped out of one's mind. "Ya know, you and Rina have a lot in common in some areas... You guys may have been raised to hate each other... But maybe if ya gave each other the benefit of the doubt, you could end up finding you have hated each other all these years for nothing." he said, handing him the things on the list and giving back the right amount of change.

"But you kids these days... And old man can wish, right?" he said, laughing. The baker was one person no one could hate. He was always cheerful despite the bad that happened to his family, and he was almost like a grandfather to the orphans in their school. His words were usually highly regarded, but the baker knew in this area, he would be ignored. But he may as well try, right? "Anyways, tell you mother to come visit me sometime! Rina is gonna be visiting her parents the next few days, and busy training for the Black feds... So the bakery should be peaceful..."

He said just as Rina came down the stairs in a leather corset that was black with red strings, and black leather pants, heels up to the knees. The way she dressed had black fed soldier written all over it, the way they dressed in leather and wore bruises and scratches as trophies... But she knew deep in her heart, even if she was more honorable than the kid in the bakery right now, she would never learn to dim down her hate.

But this time, she decided to be civil. "Hello Luka, I hope your day is going well..." she said, giving him a smile so sickeningly sweet, it was clear that she was practically mocking him. "And, tell your mother my parents said hello. We do hope they'll come to the party this year..." she said, walking out of the bakery, her boots clicking as she left the bakery.

The baker sighed. "At least she didn't outright fight you...?" he said, hoping it would help the boy with any irritation he would have felt before the baker let him go about his business.

Palmoun

Old 11-19-2012, 04:44 PM

Luka chuckled when he heard the baker, "yes you can wish but I doubt it will ever happen." he said as he leaned against the counter. Sure, he knew that they were similar. They both wanted to help with the federation, both were determined and both were skilled in their own ways. Yet he couldn't stand her, she always acted like she was better then everyone else half the time and never backed down if she was wrong. It was one of the reasons why he never could be partner with her at school when they had projects. If he knew to do something yet she thought he shouldn't do it, it never got done.

Luke smiled when he heard him, "that would be nice, mom needs a break from home anyways. She would be glad to hear that your open for a nice quiet visit." he said and knew his mother would love it. She had been wanting to talk to her old friend for a while now. Yet with Rina here she never wanted to be anywhere close. It was one of the reasons he was always tasked with coming here, she knew he could handle Rina even if he didn't want too.

When luka heard the sound of someone coming down the stairs, he knew that he was going to deal with her. Looking over at her, he gave her a scowl, making it clear he wasn't exactly the happiest to see her. "oh I will defiantly be sure to tell them that. Be sure to give them this, complements from me." he said as he flipped her off and then watched her leave. He then sighed as he leaned against the counter again, "she is still as annoying to deal with as always. I sometimes would rather punch her in the face then talk." he said as he looked at the baker.

Grabbing his order, he gave him a smile, "see you later, hopefully when she isn't' here." he said before heading out of there. He had to get back to work, he still had to head down to the earth and grab the vegetables that she wanted. Heading down to the port, he hoped that would be the last that he would see of her today. If she did show up though, he was sure that he would beat her up. Smiling, he patted his pocket, he had his weapon of choice to fight her with.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Rina went down to the base, her parent's ship waiting, along with a crowd of people. He mother and father bother rushed out to see her, her mother fussing about the bruises and her dad simply smiled and bowed in respect to her. One thing she could honestly say is that she couldn't bear her mother. That was another thing she seemed to have in common with the other family's son.

"Get off me mother. Act like royalty for once..." Rina whispered, not rude but with affection. Rina may be cold and tough, but deep down she felt bad about a lot of things. Especially when it came to all the projects that her and her enemy could never agree on, then again she was going to be a soldier, not a mechanic.

Sighing, her UNC [universal new cast] beeped, and looking at it, she glared. Her survival professor did something she would greatly regret, but Rina shrugged it off. Her and Luka would be partners on a survival run. And if they refused to be partners, they would both fail that class for the year. and to qualify for any federation events, they needed that credit.

closing it, she tucked her UNC into her back pocket and smiled. "Let's have dinner. After that I have to go to a meeting but I'll be back in time to hear your plans for the party." Rina said, heading into the ship for dinner, her parents making sure the meal lasted longer than necessary, before they let her go, and she walked over to the academy, where the survival class was meeting up already.

Palmoun

Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Luka headed down towards the port and sighed as he saw how many people were there. That meant that the next ship heading down wouldn't be for a few more hours. Sighing, he decided to drop off the bread back home before heading down. It would give him more room to carry stuff back anyways. As he started to turn, he thought he saw Rina and her parents but quickly turned his eyes away. He wasn't going to start anything now.

As he headed home he heard his UNC go off and sighed. Pulling it out as he walked, he nearly screamed as he read what it said. He was suppose to work with HER. He would rather go dive off the edge of the city then go and work with her. Yet as he read the last part, he grumbled to himself. He had to if he wanted to pass. So he shoved the UNC back into his pocket and marched home

The instant he got inside, he dropped off everything and was glad to find the house empty. That meant he didn't have to deal with his mother at the moment. So he quickly scrambled up to his room and started to pull together everything that he needed to get to the Academy. He pulled on his usual black pants, black combat boots, his white shirt and then his usual jacket that held all the gadgets that he needed.

Heading out, he ran to meet up with the class as he pulled on the last thing he needed, his black gloves. ONce getting there. he was glad to find that he wasn't the last one there. Getting ready, he wondered what the professor was going to make him and Rina do on the survival Run.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM

Rina smirked, watching Luka run over, her and her group of soon to be soldiers snickering. "Run, Luka, run!" one of the other girls whispered. And despite Rina's obvious hate, she didn't seem to like that her prey was being picked at by everyone else, so she simply broke off from the group. "Survival runs are the most difficult part of training. And I'd like to pass, so before we listen t what we have to do, let's make and agreement not to kill each other." she said, her voice actually normal for once, making her actually seem like a decent person.

It was clear that Rina kept her personal life out of her professional life, because she was actually seemed to see Luka as a colleague rather than an enemy at that moment. And when the other girl saw this, it ticked them off, but Rina figured they'd get over it. Besides, arguing and fighting with Luka was, usually, just Rina's way to have a little fun with him. She was the more violent one and therefore, her way of trying to be nice seemed more menacing to Luka than she wanted it to be at times. It was just how she was...

Breaking off from her thoughts she stood at attention when the professor came out, looking at Rina with a sense of approval, seeing she was, as always, ready. She was always in shape and always the number one when it came to class charts. It made the professors wuite happy that sometimes they didn't even have to read all her reports because they knew Rina's loyalty to the academy. Being a black fed was what she wanted since she was young, and they all knew that.

"Trainees! You have been called to your first ever survival run! Your survival runs are practicing group strategy, learning to trust you enemy when all else fails, and surviving. You will be battling against the other teams, and if you do not place within the top 5, you fail!" The professor shouted, dressed in black leather with led stuffed between the layers, shielding him from most weapon amos. "In your survival run you will be graded on communication, cooperation, and loyalty! I don't give a rat's ass if you like the person or not. If you want to get through this alive, you will learn to work together." he said, seeing scared face now he smirked. "Darlings, yes, some of you will die. Especially under to top five. This is survival. You will come out of this with more than just a few booboos. So cry now. We leave for the run in two days. I suggest you get acquainted with your partners. They will most likely be the only thing you got to help you in this run." he said, his voice softening for a moment before smiling. "DISMISSED!"

Rina listened carefully. She wasn't thrilled about working with Luka. But she had to admit, his skills would be useful. And so, she would let him be an equal, for now.

Palmoun

Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM

Luka was glad to be there and yet dreaded it at the sometime. He knew that not many people liked him, they all thought he was a idiot for spending time to himself building things rather then training. But he had his reasons for it, a reason that he kept to himself. He didn't need people feeling pitty for him at any moment or time.

Once he got there, he relaxed and let himself catch his breath. But no sooner then he had did Rina come to him and he waited for the insult and her usual bad temper to start. Yet instead he was greeted with a regular voice, a nice change in pace for him. Nodding he smirked, "I think I can survive trying not to kill you for a while." he said as he looked at her. He was glad that she could make herself be professional when she needed to be. Sure, he fought with her but usually he was the one that left with bruises that took forever to go away.

When he heard the man, he quickly turned his attention to him and listened. Sure enough he saw his eyes go to Rina and knew that she was probably the one everyone knew would be in the top five. Yet no one ever thought about him, he bet it would surprise many people if he was even able to survive this survival run. IN truth, it might surprise him too since he wasn't exactly the best when it came to certain things, like close combat. It was why he hid behind guns and shields, it was why he was good with them. Hopefully it would be enough to keep him alive.

When he dismissed them, he sighed and turned to Rina. Giving her a weak smile, he said, "well it looks like we are going to be stuck together. We better start getting to know each other..." even as he said it, he didn't want it to be true. He would rather run in the opposite direction and he was sure that she would shoot him down. She never wanted to be around him and the same went for him, it was just how things were. Their parents hated each other and in turn he hated her even though she was probably the one kid out of the school who payed the most attention to him, even if it was in violent conflicts.

Last edited by Palmoun; 11-19-2012 at 11:41 PM..

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 PM

Rina smiled, and for the first time, being up close and civil, you could see that even if she smiled there was also a sadness and anger behind her stone mask se put on. "Well, if you'd like come to my parent's party tonight... Well... It's actually supposed to be mine but they plan whatever on their own so, if you want to come, it'd be an easy way to get to know each other. My parents don't know what you look like so as long as your last name isn't said, you should be safe." she said. In her own way, that was her telling him that she never told her parents about him being a Smith. Ever. She just called him ome annoying kid she liked to fight with.

Turning she walked towards the base. "All in all, we're going to most likely come out in the top five. We'll make it our goal to be number one. Your mechanics and engineering skills will come in handy, just as well as my combat and self defence will. This time will give me enough to teach you a few things, and in turn, you can teach me. In this we can both have a little bit of the other's skills and you having more self defence skills might do you some good the next time we fight." she said, smirking and punching his shoulder, but not in a way to pick a fight.

Sighing as her UNC beeped he looked t the message from her parents and rolled her eyes. "My mother is worrying oh so much... She needs me to go on ship so she can barbie me up. So, we're going to start a little marketing fight that will make me late enough she doesn't have time..." she said, arching and eyebrow and wondering how much of a trouble maker this kid really was.

Palmoun

Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 AM

Luka sighed as he listened to her and nodded, "don't worry, I have learned after a long time to lay low and make sure that no one really knows me or at least everything about me. So I will just be a nameless face." he said as he looked at her. He would make sure that her parents hardly even had a chance to get a good look at him. If they even tried to start a conversation with him, he would make a excuse and run the opposite direction.

Sighing, he started walk after her and just listened to her. It kind of annoyed him that she acted in command right away but it was to de expected, she was the number one in class after all. Rubbing his arm, he looked at her, "I am not much of a fighter when it comes to being close towards anyone. Lets just say I prefer having my distance." he said as he looked at her and smirked, "I think I can possibly teach you a few things that are useful, like how to pick any locks, remodel guns to suit your needs, how some of the stuff I make work, and a few other things." He wasn't sure exactly how useful he would be but he was going to try his best, hopefully not die.

He then started to go over all the gadgets that he could possibly teach her how to use and remake. He knew that he would have to give her a pair of gloves, it was almost like a essential part to him. Also probably a small toolkit that he had. Without it he was sure that he wouldn't last a day out in the survival run.

His mind stopped going through all his gadgets when he heard her. Turning towards her, the quiet boy that he had been seemed to turn into the boy that usually fought with her, one with life in him. He held his hand like a little kid would pretending his fingers were a gun, his thumb high in the air. "if your looking for a fight, I am sure I can give you one." he said and then let his thumb fall as if to fire at her.

The second that his thumb made contact with the rest of his hand, a force seemed to rush at her and push Rina back quiet a bit. Luka smiled, he had made these gloves to do quiet a few things, one of them were to fire compressed air at people to push them back and knock people out. "and this way, we can see what we might want to learn from each other and exactly what each other's weaknesses are." he said as he waited to see what she would do next.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 AM

Rina gasped as she was pushed back, bumping into a big, buff federation guy. he was clearly drunk though, so as he swung at her she ducked, watching him accidentally hit another person, and in that moment there were chain effects of people fighting, and, giggling, Rina grabbed Luka's hand and pulled him out of the way, watching as they blocked the path to the base, before she let him go.

"Those gloves are fucking awesome..." she said, watching the chaos. It was clear she was the perfect image of a federation soldier, the way she was clever about thing, swift, even even she was a bit small, but she was also fit as all. There wasn't a mucle in her body that wasn't toned. "So like... I'm expecting it to take about 10 minutes for the feds to figure out whats going on, and 30 for them to break it up. Wanna watch?" she asked. "Or do you want to take a way around it and get ready to go?" she asked, clearly amused with the outbreak.

Palmoun

Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 AM

Luka waited to see what she would do, but when she bumped into the federation guy he chuckled. Everything then seemed to get out of control and he had to laugh as chaos seemed to break out in a matter of moments. He then felt her grab him and pull him out of there, only letting go after a little while.

Smiling when he heard her, he nodded as he looked down at his gloves. "I made them a while ago so that i could easily move with a gun and yet not a gun. I have also a few other things built into them." he said as he looked at her and then back at the chaos. It was clear they were opposites, she was the perfect solider and he was the pathetic one that everyone made fun of. He was quiet, smart, tactical, sneaky and had no muscle. The complete opposite of her.

Thinking about it for a second he nodded, "I say it will take the feds more like 5 to 7 minutes to figure out the fight is going on and about 25 minutes to break it up." he said as he watched the chaos and then looked at her from the corner of his eyes. "how about if we watch, we aren't doing much harm unless we somehow get caught in the fight or if they figure out that we might be the cause for the fight." he said as he watched it and stuck his hands into his pocket.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 AM

Rina smirked, pushing her hair back. "You have to remember, they have to figure out the fight was caused, get suited up, ect. Before they actually show up, and with that crowd and how many they will probably have to restrain and arrest or call medics for would mean around 30 minutes." she said, calculating almost everything. "Now, if they really cared enough to figure out the cause of a fight other than a drunkard fed, they would do it by watching street cams, which none working are posted in this square. Which means calling out forensics teams and interrogators. The feds have greater problems to solve, and wouldn't waste their time." she said, as if she was a Black fed encyclopedia.

Smiling over at him, she pointed to his gloves. "You should show me what else those can do, without attacking me, please." she said. Rina was aware of their differences, but despite that, at the moment she only focused on what they had alike, and it helped her act more like a friend to Luka. Oddly enough, now that she crossed her parents and the feud out of the picture, Luka was just another possible friend, and that actually kind of made her a little happy.

"Can you like, wave your hands around and make me a sandwich?" She asked, clearly joking around with him as she checked the time on her UNC.

Palmoun

Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 AM

Luka nodded as he listened to her and sighed, like always she was just about right with everything. "your right on everything, like always when it comes to everything with the Fed" he said as he leaned back and continued to watch the chaos. She was always the right person to talk to when it came to anything about the Black Fed. If you thought you knew a fact about the fed and bet on it, rina would find something wrong in what they would say. It was just how she was, she was always into learning about the fed.

"well I actually have a few other gadgets that I could show you. But their are two other functions to these gloves beside she air gun." he said as he looked at her and found himself actually relaxing around her. Usually it was more tense and you could tell that they wanted to kill each other. Yet now he found that he didn't care about the feud or about their parents. She was just another student and probably the closest thing he could call a friend at the moment.

Chuckling, he shook his head, "still working on the instant food machine, but they can do this." he said and held out his hands. The palms slowly seemed to grow red and he smiled at her. "dont touch them, they are currently burning at the degree the sun is." he said and then pressed the palm of his hand to the side of a building. Almost instantly a burnt through the building. He then smiled at her, "I designed it so that if I was ever captured or imprisoned I could burn threw my restraints or my cage." he said as he looked at her. "I can also create a shield with them that can repel attacks."

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 AM

Rina laughed. "Oh, honey... I'm almost never right about the things you talk about... all the mechanics and gadgets... I just like arguing with you because you turn so red when you're pissed off... It's adorable!" she said, almost rolling on the ground laughing. She knew it was a little mean but at least he was being her actual self.

Sobering up she smiled. "Ohhh! Any guns? There are a few people I would love to shoot right now, minus you..." she said watching at his hands glowed and she almost touched them before he said something, and her eyes seemed to sparkle with curiosity. "No federation enginerr, scientist, or even mechanic could create that! Do you realize that creation could make you instantly a federation..." she cut off, smiling. "Ya know... As much as everyone else doubted you, I knew you'd do something unforgettable... And this, tops everyone else in achievements." she said, actually giving him a genuine smile.

But the hum of a black federation ship,right on the predicted time, hovered over the chaos below and began dropping soldiers. "Well, that's our que to get going." she said, smiling. "Come on, let's get over to the party. At least there I can eat without having to clean up. And you may actually ind some people in my family to not be as bad as you think." she said, hoping he would give them a chance.

Palmoun

Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 AM

Luka chuckled when he heard her, "you don't piss me off, more annoy then anything since you never understand a thing. Half the time I feel like your spewing random crap at me just so that you don't have to admit that your right." he said as he watched her laugh. He then started to laugh as he remembered something, "like the last time we had a project together, you thought that we needed a flux wire when we didn't even need a wire but a small metal rod." ONce he got control over himself he smiled at her, "but it is fun arguing with you, the fire in your eyes is like no other when your fighting." he said as he smile at her.

Smiling, he nodded, "I was hoping to actually finish up the gun I have been working on for months now. It fires specially made bullets that when they hit a target it rips into the individual before exploding. The only thing I am working on lastly is the power behind it, I'm not sure if I should go for long range or medium range." he said and was about to slip into his usual thoughts of what he should calibrate for it and how much power should be behind it. Long range would give it distance but medium would give it more power, sighing, he figured that it all depended on the person firing the gun.

He snapped out of it when he heard her and looked down at the ground. "it isn't much, I just figured since I am not much use on the field when it comes to close combat that I could at least build something that could help others and myself out on the field." he said since he didn't like to boast about what he made. "and when you have a lot of time on your hands you figure out how to build things." he said and shrugged as if it wasn't much but was smiling. It was the first time that someone was actually complementing him on the work that he had done.

When he heard the federation ship coming he knew it was about time to go. Nodding, he smiled at her, "well since your not as bad as I initially thought maybe the rest of your family isn't that bad." he said since as he started to think about it. He didn't actually remember what exactly their families were fighting about, all he knew was that they hated each other for some odd reason. He then looked at her as they started to head to her party, "do you remember the reason why our families hate each other?" he asked since he was realizing that she wasn't as bad as his parents made her out to be.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 AM

Rin giggled. "I do piss you off. You go red, your ears twitch and you voice gets all 'mrah I'm da man heeeear!'" she said, failing her attempt at sounding manly, smiling at what she took as a compliment. "There's a fire in my eyes? I never thought you looked at me that closely..." she said, batting her thick eyelashes at him and giggling.

"It sounds cool. It's be even cooler if you constructed a small shape shifting nano that can enter someone and control their mind. Like, say, a tiny scorpion looking thing, that goes literally into you brain and controls your motor functions and all. I mean you'd need a medic to help you with that, but the Feds would pay a high price for an invention like that." she said, smiling when he began getting bashful. "Hey... That's a lot. All those other kids are just that. Kids. I for one know half the class hate you just because you can finish a plasma rifle within 15 minutes where it takes them months. It's not because your an elf, or wimpy and overly graceful, but because you have a talent. As does everyone else. It's why the professor paired me and you together. Because erase the feelings and all sense of emotion, and you have two separate units that compliment each other in their own special way. Your gadgets will help us on this run, and my combat skills will scare off most of our opponents. And you already know being a killer is in my job description." she said, going to the base.

Pausing in front of the ship, a large line of guests getting in, or being turned away because they were fakes, in front of the entrance. "I read an old book in a library. the words were worn but it said something about you family, stealing, once loved... I'm thinking at one point our families were actually close. Something may have happened, who knows. But, maybe it's time to get over that." she said, smiling. "And hey, don't be scared of my father. Be more scared of my mother... Remember, I'm Rina, and I ran from her today." Rina said, smling even though she was completely serious, and as she walked into an entrance only she and her family knew of, as if her mother had a radar for her, she burst out, her eyes seeming to be red.

"RINA MAYBELLINE!" she said, wearing a red and gold silk dress that showed off her mother's curves, her mom's bronze hair a mass of bouncing curls down her back. "You're late! For you're own party no less! And why are you still in uniform...?!"

Rina sighed and tuned out, leading Luka through the door inside the large, elaborate ship. The technology in there was the highest possible, and Rina already knew Luka would get a kick out of al the cool little gadgets. But she didn't seem to see them as her mother almost literally rode her around a ring until finally, Rina spoke up. "You need to calm down, now. I'm here, for a party that was supposed to be for me. And yet not a single person on here I know. Be thankful I thought to show up at all." She said, her voice so dark, cold, and calm that it made nearby servants shrink back.

Her mother silenced. "Whatever. Dinner will be served soon." Her mother said, walking off.

Rina sighed, rubbing her temples. "Welcome to my own personal hell, Rina said, opening curtains to a huge room, bigger than the academy campus, filled with people. There were tables filled with large masses of any and all foods, some rare delicacies being served on gold and silver platters. "If you want to join the grade A parade, go ahead. But I know a room on this ship you'll love.." she said. "We just have to get through this crowd." She said, nodding towards the crowd.

Palmoun

Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 AM

Luka smirked when he heard her, "I get more 'rawr!! listen to me!!'" he said as he smiled at her and then nodded as he looked at her. "it is kind of hard to not notice your eyes when we are having one of our staring matches." he said as he remembered all the glares that they had with each other during school.

Right when he heard her, his brain started to figure out a way to construct something like that but after a while, he shook his head. "there are problems with creating that. Shapeshifting would be the first one since the metal that we would have to make would have to be constantly heated and cooled if we wished it to shape shift. If we factored that in with the possibility to shape shift once inside someone, you would most likely kill that person due to the heat of the shifting metal inside." he said as he looked at her. "but if you want a device to control someone I could make it in a heartbeat, the thing is it would have to be directly connected to the brain and that isn't a easy task without killing someone."

He chuckled when he heard her, "and why is it that that excuse everyone to hate me?" he asked as he looked at her. "you are equally as talented as I am. Your the most deadly, the most skilled in weapons, can defeat just about everyone in your path and yet your not hated." he said as he looked at her. He then sighed and just looked forward, "I just see it as I don't care anymore. No one has bothered to try to be my friend so I don't bother with them. IN truth I think if I had to name the closest thing to a friend it would be you. YOur the only person who constantly talks to me, even if it is mostly fighting." he said as he walked with her. He had no problem admitting he was alone for the most part, it was just how it always has been.

Stopping with her he nodded and started to think, "well what ever happened I say it is stupid so far. I honestly am wondering why we can't be friends instead of enemies right now." he said as he tried to think of something that could possibly cause them to hate each other. Yet at the mention of her mother, he smirked, "don't worry, I can handle myself when it comes to just about anyone." he said before walking in after her and smiling.

He heard someone calling Rina's name but instantly his mind shut down as he looked at everything in the ship. He felt like he could drool and after a few minutes he realized he was. Heading over to one of the little gadgets he instantly picked it up and started to mess with it. He had no idea what it was suppose to do but the gears in it were amazing and after a while he found himself taking it apart and no sooner then it was apart then he put it back together, but instead it looked more like a bird. Smiling to himself he was just about to start it up when he heard Rina.

"with your mother being here, I can see how it can be hell. Yet with all the gadgets it is more like a fantasy to me." he said and already his hands were filthy with the oil that had been on the gadget that he had made into a bird. "I would kill to have supplies like these back at my house, half the time i am in the junkyard trying to find parts." he said as he tapped the toy bird on the head. It then seemed to come to life and amazingly it somehow managed to fly. Smiling to himself, he then nodded, "if the room is anything like this then I would rather go there. Anyways, I don't think I am exactly liked here." he said as he watched the people look at him weird since his hands were covered in oil.

Looking at the crowd, he smiled as he whipped his hands on the cloth he kept in his pocket. Tucking it back in, he smiled at her, "just leave the crowd to me." he said and without a word grabbed her hand. He then started to move and weave his way threw the crowd as if it was the easiest thing in the world. IN a matter of moments they were on the other side of the crowd and he let go of her hand. "one good thing about being graceful, you get through crowds very easily."

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM

Rina smiled. His words made her feel much better. Somehow, she kind of wished they'd talked before. He was actually a really nice guy, and she felt bad about all the mean things people said about him.

Smiling, she followed him through the crowd, amazed at how he so easily weaved between the people. And when they stopped, she smiled. "Well, I always thought you were useful in some way." she lied, smiling as she went down a hall to stairs that hummed with each step because they were light beams. "Up here is the engineering and mechanics lab. A whole floor of nothing but each and every material your mind can possibly think up." she smiled, opening the door to the room. People were in there building gadgets the likes of which people like them hardly ever see. Some were simple ship upgrades being throughly tested, other were simple luxury items.

"So... If you want we could get a few things that may hopefully help you finish you gun...?" she asked, running her fingers through her hair and watching the mechanics and engineers work.

Palmoun

Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 PM

Luka chuckled when he heard her, "hey, I can be useful when I need to be." he said as he started to head off after her. He found that the more time he was spending with her she wasn't as bad as his parents had made her and her family out to be. With all the fighting they did and name calling, he actually felt bad for doing all that with her now.

When he saw the door open, his jaw nearly dropped to the floor as he looked around. It was like the most amazing thing he had ever seen. Nodding when he heard her, he smiled, "I could make about a thousand guns and other things out of the stuff in here." he said as he headed over to a table. After shifting through some stuff, he soon pulled out a few little pieces and smiled up at her. "I can defiantly use these. With this, I could make the gun be adjustable when it comes to range." he said as he smiled at her.

He then thought of something, "if you head back to my house I can show you a few guns if you like. I have a few different ones that you might like and could use. Also I wanted to give you a few things for the survival run that would be useful." he said as he started to think of the other supplies that they might need. He knew that he would have to give her a pair of gloves and he had a few other things that she might like.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 AM

Rina smiled. "I can see that now... You know, speed and grace are a big part of combat. When you're a first year, they make you take certain kinds of dance class so you learn how to dodge, and how to be flexible. They taught us to see things coming at us slowly as duck out of the way. So, I guess you have a natural talent that just needs a bit more work..." she said, watching him go around, looking at all the stuff.

The mechanics and engineers practically ignored them though. When Rina was around, they found that sometimes the best way to deal with her, was to ignore her existence to avoid and argument, and getting fired. "Take all you want. Hell, you may be able to create that nano thing I was telling you about. You thought you had to melt metal to get it to work, right? But I have magic, and you have technology. We could create hell." she said, almost hinting that they needed to gather as many resources as possible for the run. "That's good..." she said, referring to the gun he was making.

When he offered to take her back to his house, she simply smiled and nodded. "Alright. But, here's a bag. Grab what you like, because half of this stuff you won't find unless you go to other worlds." she said, hinting that there was many rare crafting items alll around.

Palmoun

Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 AM

Luka smiled when he heard her, "I am actually a decent dancer since my mother taught me. It was the one thing that she thought would be okay for me to do while I was at home besides letting me build things." he said as he thought of his mother and smiled, "she use to be a wonderful dancer, the best in her village down below." he said as he remembered hearing all the stories his mother told him when he was little.

As he looked at everything, a smile lit up his face when he heard her. "creating hell would be a lot of fun." he said as he started to stuff everything in hands reach into his pocket. As he walked around the table, he continued to stuff everything into his pockets and smiled each time he saw a new piece. Once he was back at her side, his jacket looked like it was busting with different parts and components. "I think I am going to have a lot of fun with all this." he said excitedly and really wanted to make everything he could now.

"I think I have everything I want.. for now. so why dont we head back to my house. I can show you my closet and you can pick out anything that you might want." he said and started to think. He hadn't actually went through his cloest in a while, he actually forgot half of the stuff he had in there. Maybe he would be surprised with what he found. It was always fun to find something you forgot about.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM

Rina smiled, listening to him speak about his mother, and then she frowned. "You never really talk about your father..." she said, noting that he really didn't the whole time. He spoke of his mother a lot, mentioning her a lot or referencing, but she never seemed to hear him speak of his dad. "Is he like... out of the picture or...?" she asked, curious now.

Watching him gather things she smiled. His jacket probably had more than a lot of stuff in it, and she simply nodded. "This way. There's a backway outside the ship." she said, going through the room to the other side, opening a door and walking out into the crisp night air, the chaos they started earlier had clearly been resolved now.

"Lead the way..." she said, not exactly excited to be going to his house but more like nervous. What if his mother was there and she knew who she was? That would be terrible. She could actually say now that she kind of liked the kid. She just wondered if their friendship would last ater the survival run or if they'd drift off and be at each other's throats again.

Palmoun

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM

Luka sighed when he heard her, "something like that... he went missing 3 years ago." he said softly before looking up at her. "everyone things that he is dead since we haven't found him and because of his condition. But I am hoping that we might be able to find him one day." he said and gave her a smile. It was the small hope that he held onto, one that he hoped was true more then anything since nothing was the same without his dad.

Nodding, he followed her through the room and to the door. When the night air hit him, he smiled and breathed in deeply as he pushed the thought of his father away. He hated thinking about him and hte thought that he might be dead. It hurt him deeply and he knew it hurt his mother. He could hear her crying in her room at night. She was a brave person since she was able to handle this or at least make it seem like she was.

Smiling, he nodded, "this way, down the street towards the bakery." he said as he started to head down the street, glad that the chaos had been cleared since the last time they had been out here. After a few more twist and turns, he smiled as he came to his house. It was small and looked very welcoming with the lights on. That hopefully meant his mother was up and about, probably cooking food.

Opening the door, he motioned for her to come in when he heard. "Luka? is that you? I have a bone to pick with you, young man." he heard her call and he knew it was about the groceries. "sorry mom, I got called away for a meeting and wasn't able to go and get everything." "well why didn't you go out after words, or did you have something to do?" she asked as she peeked out of the kitchen and her mouth nearly dropped when she saw Rina. But she smiled at Rina before glaring at Luka, "and why didn't you call saying we were having company?! its like you never tell me anything anymore." she huffed before smiled at Rina, "hope your hungry, I made some food." and then she disappeared into the kitchen.

Luka sighed before looking at Rina, "sorry about my mother, she can get like this sometimes." he said before looking at the stairs up to his room. "do you want to eat or get right down to business?"