Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-01-2011, 12:20 AM

Martin curled his lips into a smile. "Je t'aime." He held her there, silent, for a few moments, not wanting to return to the harsh reality that they were there to discuss. He breathed a heavy sigh as the gravity of the situation nagged at him to the point of making this tender moment less tender. He let go of her finally, still keeping a hand on her back as if letting go of her would make her disappear.

"Okay," he said. "We've got stuff to talk about. You got a lot on your mind, so... I think you should go first."

---

That seemed like useless information: they'd already surmised that he was intent on killing everyone to get what he wanted. He'd expressed that, quite blatantly, on the rooftop... oh goodness... a week ago? Why would Lixi continue asking questions if she already knew the answers? She had her doubts about Lixi's intelligence sometimes, but she seemed far too determined for answers to fall into redundancy. And of course, it didn't really provide the answer to what she was getting at. "How... exactly did the two of you get out of Iron City?"

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-01-2011, 07:34 AM

Lixi nodded in understanding, then tipped her head in the direction of a small, open patch of the soft white sand at the base of the large rock. "Lets go sit down first. We can at least relax while we talk." She lead him the few remaining steps before gingerly folding herself down to sit daintily in the sand, then waited for him to settle before leaning back against him. "I know I already started to say this out there... at least I think I did... I can't really remember what would have been understandable to you. I know I drifted back into the creation tongue. At any rate... Miah wasn't exactly Miah anymore. Joel wasn't lying. He died out there. Joel brought him back. I suspect he now has some kind of metal link to him, just as he does to me, maybe even more so. I don't think he was meant to spy on us as much as he was to get a line into heaven."

"I almost killed him to keep him from doing so... but, I couldn't... I just couldn't. Same reason I didn't realize what he was sooner. As much as he enrages me, he's still my brother. Joel's doing or not, it is still partially him in there, I just don't know that he has much control over himself, or maybe he's just being forced into doing all this to preserve his false life somehow... I don't know. I couldn't dig deep enough to find out." The ambient light shimmered off the unnaturally pure sand like it was a bed of diamonds as tears clouded Lixi's eyes. She'd figured out what her brother had become when they spoke atop the step pyramid of Memphis earlier that day, but she'd only just now truly processed the concept.

Jeremiah's words, his message, no, Joel's message set in all the more as the tie between the two concepts registered stronger in her mind. She hadn't even realized she was doing so, but as she thought, the soft, human frame she sported in this reality was slowly curling into a ball. Her knees were drawing upwards as her whole body pivoted sideways, leaning on Martin all the more, and her arms moved to wrap around her knees as they neared her chest.

"Fucking necromantic scum... nothing is sacred to him anymore, not even death. Martin, I don't understand how it's possible even... there really is no escape from him. Even in death, he can retrieve my kind. We don't have souls! That shouldn't be possible... and yet... it was. Miah was still Miah, just, wrong. It was him. His actions, his memories, his mannerisms. Not just some cheap copy put into his body. That was my brother... but... darker." The back of her hand quickly swiped away the two tears from her cheeks as she sought to stalwart herself against the grief of it. "He fallowed me out this morning to try to tell me about... well..." Lixi raised the hand that had dried her cheek to point at the statue that faced them, suddenly feeling sickened by the image of it, and nearly frightened at the idea of him watching her sit in the arms of her new lover.

Remembering that she controlled everything in this tiny little space, Lixi turned her hand so it was palm up instead, and drew it back close to her lips. She blew a long slow breath out over her palm, as though she were blowing confetti or dust out of her palm in the direction of the two statues. The tiny breath turned into a strong, swirling gust, picking up particles of sand and ruffling the foliage as it went, growing larger all the while till it reached the statues. Quickly, they statues began to blow away particle by particle, as though they were both composed of loosely packed sand, rather than the solid black stone they'd appeared as, until eventually there was nothing left of either of them, not even an imprint in the sand.

"Jeremiah told me that what he said in the wine cellar was true, that Samathael is alive again, by Joel's doing. It took me a while to get him to tell me the truth on it. At first he kept claiming Sama had been alive all this time, tried to get me to believe he was never dead to begin with, that it was all in my head. A well constructed lie that I'd started to believe myself in my slipping sanity. Slipping sanity or not, my brother is a bad liar, so it wasn't hard to see through it and eventually get the truth of it out of him. At the point that he claimed to know for a fact that Joel could bring back dead angels, he accidentally said that he himself was walking proof of it. That would be how I figured out the rest about Miah. When he admitted it, he recoiled so quickly I was able to get a glimpse of his mind, his memories, of death, of waking back up, of Sama and Joel. I don't know if the time someone is dead for affects how they come back or not, but I'm fairly certain it must. Miah would have only been dead for a few hours, maybe a few days, when he came back, and he was pretty severely corrupted. Samathael... well... lets just say he isn't anything I recognize beyond the features of his face. He's become almost as darkly twisted as Joel himself."

Lixi closed her eyes and let out a soft shuttering sigh before whispering in a shaky, weak voice. "Our already impossible task just got even harder if we wished to destroy Joel in the process. He's got to many aces hidden up his sleeve, and we've got shit for a hand."

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 PM

Martin would have loved to say that this explained why Miah was such a jerk, but he had his doubts that would have been much of a difference. A passive thought made it through his head that he wished he'd had a nine-iron on him when he'd met him. If there was anything that he'd ever learned from movies and comic books on the subject matter, it was that no matter who the recently deceased might have been. Once they were reanimated, they needed to get back in the ground.

Granted, he didn't say this because even he knew when something just wasn't tactful on occasion.

"So let me get this straight: both your old boyfriend and your brother are zombies working for Joel. One of them is hanging around Douchebag like a lapdog and the other is a spy on his way up to Heaven while we're STILL trying to figure out what to do?" He wore a face of discontent. A small part of him wanted to give up and just walk into the oncoming apocalypse empty-handed. Joel had everyone on his side. What did they have? A handful of people that couldn't get their heads screwed on right long enough to get a plan together.

However, he was hardly the sort to make intelligent decisions. "Okay. Looks like we gotta get a real plan. I still got that spike-thing you gave me. If we get close enough to either of them..." he trailed off, thinking how hard it would be to get close to Joel... how harder still it would be for Lixi to kill either Sama or Miah. And then... another fear when he realized that he had left the spike in his body with Vulture in control of it.

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-02-2011, 07:41 AM

"The spike is useless in that regard... effectively. It has to be in a very precise spot between the 3rd and 4th rib to work properly, and even if one of us could get it lined up, we'd need enough time to shove it in the whole way, and then turn the dial on the end before they could rip it back out. You know how all those movies and shows about vampires make it look like it's super easy to shove a big bulky hand held pointy thing like a stake or a spike into somethings heart? Well, they're lying. It's actually quite the arduous task. It'll be made all the harder with the other bit of knowledge Miah imparted about Samathael." Lixi leaned forward, still clutching her knees to her chest like a small child, though she'd quelled the brief moment of grief for her brothers loss.

"Do you remember that amulet thing that Jeremiah showed you? Source of angelic power? It's a symbol that connects each specific angel to Yahweh and his strength. Apparently, thats how our friend Arminos was tied into all this. It was his job to steal back Sama's from the hall of records, where all the amulets of the fallen, damned, or deciesed angels are stored. They're not aloud to be destroyed, as to destroy the amulet would be to destroy that part of God's power that it represents, so they're all just, kept there. It's not as though they can be used by any other angel, they're each specific to the original wearer, and no demon can use them as they're tied into the life force of the stranger directly once they become damned. But half helled... well... we're something else all together I suppose. We're stripped of our power by having the amulet taken from us, but, we are not damned either, so, in theory, restoring ones amulet, restores their powers. So, theres a chance, that Joel's now got himself a full blown angel for a body guard, and non just any angel... the pure bread offspring of two archangels, who was next in line to become one himself before we... before he left."

She winced at the slip as soon as it was past her lips. Lixi had decided before she ever began to tell Martin of any of this that she'd not speak of Sama in any way that suggested any remaining tie or longing. She didn't know if it would so much bother Martin from a jealousy perspective, and was more concerned with assuring him that there was no chance of her deserting them or become confused as to what side she should be on due to her former loves involvement. "It isn't him anymore anyway." she whispered to herself in reminder.

"Basically... he's a powerful son of a bitch if he's restored. Plus whatever magic Joel's pumping him full of... FUCK!" She yelled loudly and slammed an open palm down hard into the sand.

The entire little world around her reacted to her outburst, changing with her anger. The sand slowly shimmered and gradually darkened into a gray shade, then eventually went to black. The trees seemed to wither and die, while the sky grew to a sickly shade of green with brownish red clouds in it's light-less sky. Even Lixi's milk white skin began to turn the sickly ashen gray it seemed to be when she made her deal with Shad. She was unaware of the change to her skin, and even more unaware of the hard bone ridge forming beneath her now wildly curling and knotting hair as spindly black horns threatened to form. In her mind she was dwelling on the hopelessness of it all, the futility of the fight, which lead her to a dark conclusion.

"Part of me wonders what the stranger things of all this... he... he doesn't want the world destroyed, as Joel does. From my knowledge, it has always been his wish to have it as his playground. He'd wish the human race enslaved, not wiped out. Joel has swayed many of the demons to his side... but not all of them by far... maybe, if enough are still loyal to the stranger, and he does not wish Joel's plans to succeed..." Lixi paused and laughed here, the frustrated laugh of exhaustion as she realized how crazy what she was about to say would have been.

She sighed, and relaxed her other arms hold on her legs. The sand paled and returned to it's pristine white, as the sky returned to it's ambient blue. each tree revived in turn, and the healing waters of the pool cleared back to their flawless clarity. Her appearance also shifted back to the soft human form.

"I really have lost it... haven't I? I'm make one deal with a demon, and suddenly I'm actually thinking about making an earlier trip to hell than the one I've promised just to make some insane plea to the man that ripped heaven apart in the first place. I just... I'm just not sure what to do Martin... I feel like a tiny bird trying to stop a tornado."

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-03-2011, 12:26 AM

Where Lixi seemed unaware of the change in her, Martin was in a perfect position to view it in full. Even though he had since sworn that the Lixi he loved was just as human as he was, the sudden transformation of both body and mind made him very afraid. The hand that he had resting upon hers withdrew. Though he was becoming more and more used to the strange things that were happening around him, certain things just stayed frightening no matter how many times it happened to him. This was one of them, but now it was frightening more out of his concern than fear.

When the tempest calmed and subsided, he slowly inched back to where he had been and replaced his hand on hers, squeezing it reassuringly. Her mention of this 'stranger' confused him, as most things that she said generally did, though he was beginning to pick up on the context. He was about to ask about it when she moved on...

"You... what?" The repercussions of this confession were something that he was incapable of fathoming. He understood the term 'deal with the devil' as it applied to business, but he hadn't a clue what it meant for angels. "Wait... what does this mean? What deal?"

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-03-2011, 01:45 AM

"Lixi made an agreement with Snakey to get me and her out though the gate in IronCity," Yoake replied. "We wound up picking up her brother on the way, and from what I saw, he may well be the only surviving angel in that city. She'd somehow gotten into contact with the Egypt temple to activate the gate on their end, and on the way we ran into a load of demons." She scratched the back of her neck absently, an old habit she'd had since she was younger and it always kicked in when she was nervous. "Snakey had to act like we were his prisoners...well, Lixi and her bro that was. I figured I'd go along with it and act like a guard, as I'm already half...well...you know."

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Deep blue eyes locked onto Martin's as Lixi mulled over what to say next. Unsure if anything could justify her actions properly, she simply started it with a question. "How did you think I managed to get past a city swarming with ravenous demons to reach the gate alive when not even an army of heavens best warriors could survive there?" Lixi looked forward again, staring out at the sand beyond the trees. "We were stuck, trapped in the old prison, you know the one up toward North Shore? That's when I was called out of my body, to speak with your father, and then with you. Crossing the city, moving anywhere within the city, hell even staying there for long, would have been suicide without help. I had to do something to get us through safely. We needed a guide."

Her ribs began to ache as she remembered how their journey with Shad had ended. "We'd encountered a fallen kokopelli, ancient African fertility god, who recognized Yoake as the offspring of one of the experiments he'd been made to assist in. By some grace of divine chance, I managed to talk to him enough that he was swayed away from Joel's service. Shad, that's what he called himself, agreed to help us, in return for help retrieving the flute Joel took from him. I agreed. I made the deal. I sealed it." The grayish rot had been creeping back over Lixi's skin as she spoke, though the rest of her stayed the same this time. "And now I am bound to fulfill my promise, should we survive, once this is ended with Joel."

"If it weren't for Shad's help, we likely never would have made it out alive." She sat in silence for a moment, certain Martin likely doubted her now more than ever. With a quick motion, she rolled to the side, and turned to kneel in front of him in the sand, clutching one of his hands. Her voice had a note of pleading to it, as though she were begging him to understand. "You don't know what it was like there Martin... you can't even imagine what these demons were doing to the angels, angels that I knew once. Some of the men that I saw dead in the streets... they used to be my men, my troupe, people that I trained with, fought with, that I was supposed to have died with... the were ripped to shreds, some of them eaten, some of them... defiled... in other ways, likely while still alive. I just... I couldn't... Martin I couldn't risk that... I had to get out."

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM

He looked down at her, pleading for his forgiveness and felt out of place: that he could make her beg in her own space where she was god. He didn't know how he felt about it. Lips tight in indecision, futile, he sank down, staring at something unseen in front of him. The thought of losing her never ceased to make him feel like shit, and now that the threat of losing her had tripled he triply felt like shit.

"I can't forgive you," he said, in a voice so wise that it surprised even him. "Not until I know what you traded."
---

Vulture was beginning to feel a bit like she had a bad case of heartburn. She narrowed Martin's eyes in scrutiny. "I hope you two are enjoying yourselves in there," she said aloud. When there was no answer, she subsided, and continued staring at the walls of Crowley's chambers. There was quite little else to do.

---

"She what?" Adja said angrily, and had a very vague feeling, through some cosmic link that was somewhat foreign to her, that she and her brother were at this moment having the very same conversation. However, she was far too angry to pick up on that subtle nagging in the back of her brain. "I can't believe it. This has to be ignorance. What sort of 'agreement?' What did he want in return?" She was now convinced, more than ever, that Lixi and Martin were a perfect match in their stupidity.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-05-2011, 06:52 PM

"His flute, the source of his power." Yoake replied. "From what I gather, he'd given it to Joel so that he wouldn't wind up in limbo with the rest of the fallen gods."

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 AM

Lixi had been about to blurt out another round of pleading and try to explain to him again that she'd traded the promise to retrieve Shad's only belonging, but suddenly something clicked in her mind, and she calmed from her frantic state. Her eyes narrowed as she analyzed what Martin had just said, and she sat back on her heals. "Forgive me?" She asked the question more of herself than she did of Martin, though she could only assume he wouldn't know that, and so decided to continue quickly.

"Love... I've lived a miserable existence for over 4000 years now, by choice, because I refused to abide anyone thinking they have the right to forgive me, or demand that I ask for their forgiveness for my choices." Her words were smooth and calm, as the world around them. They were not spoken in anger, though the original thought that spurred her to say them had been a spark of long programmed venom against the idea of forgiveness. "You are the very first person in the last 3 of those 4 millenniums, who's opinion has any sway on the choices I make, but that does not mean I will beg for your approval over a choice I made, a deal I made, to keep myself and that silly little half blood from dying."

Lixi paused and dipped her head forward to stare at the sand for a moment. A heavy sigh slid out of her lungs, and her mannerisms softened to a more loving, gentle character as she looked back up to meet his gaze. "I love you, Martin. I would not offer or jeopardize you or anything that you care about. The only thing at risk is myself, and even then I'll be in less danger than I was sitting like a trapped rat in IronCity."

"As to what it was exactly that I'm now obligated to do, it will be tricky, but no more difficult and insanely dangerous and stupid as what we're already trying to do. The kokopeli was asked to give Joel something of importance to show his submission, so he gave up his only possession, and the source of his power. His flute. Joel now has it somewhere, likely in one of the lower realms. I need to retrieve it for him once all of this over. Only I am obligated in this, no one else, and I don't have to do it till after this is done and settled, and that only if we are successful and both myself and Shad survive." She frowned and looked more than a little distressed as she added inwardly, "Which is more than highly unlikely..." then finished the thought aloud with "...he may not even have survived this far if the demons saw through the ruse of the torture and knew he let us go."

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-08-2011, 03:18 AM

Martin gave a sigh of frustration. Lixi had managed to make things even more complicated, but he supposed that there was no way she really could have survived Iron City without complicating things in one way or another. He couldn't dwell on the deal she had made, no matter how horrible this trek into the pits of Hell promised to be.

"Oookaaay," he said after a long, hard look at the empty space in front of him. "That's... kinda a big thing, but we gotta stay focused, right? One thing at a time. Who is this 'stranger' guy and how can he help us out?"
----
This narrowed it down a bit: a god that was represented as a snake and carried a flute. Somewhere down the line in her thought process she made a list, and amongst that list was the correct answer. There was the symbolism of the flute, being phallic, and the snake also being a symbol of masculinity, that she understood quite clearly that whatever snake god he was, it was a god of fertility.

Adja chewed on this thought for a moment. A symbol of power would have been, were she not mistaken, the means by which a god could control his followers. If Joel had this flute, then it would not have been a far stretch of the imagination to conclude that this was how he bent people to his will. The question was: where did he keep it? She tried to recall the night upon the roof, but never did she think to look for a flute.

What were the odds that he would use it against her when her three days were up? "I don't think she understands what she got herself into. If he doesn't have it in his possession, then she's going to have to search all the planes for it. All of them."

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM

"Hmmm... that's... hard to say really." Lixi closed her eyes, content with the stalemate for now, though she doubted Martin understood the issue she'd been trying to drive home a few moments before. "I guess, you could say he's 'the devil', so to speak, not just any old devil, but THE, devil. The original source of the division in heaven, the starter of the great war, the reason that demons... and even my kind, exist."

Her face was serene as she lay back into the sand, and reached out quietly to grab his hand without ever having to look for it to know where it was. Part of her was waxing nostalgic internally as she thought of the stories told in heaven, and her youth there, the other internal train of thought was interweaving those stories with the facts she'd uncovered since she'd been on earth, the tales she'd been told here. Yet another part of her mind was concerned with the human spirit at her side, preoccupied with the peculiar relationship. The ancient blue eyes slowly opened, and a warm smile crossed her lips again as she tugged at his arm, beckoning him to come down to her level and lay beside her in the sand.

"He came to heaven, several thousand years before I was even born, looked, acted, talked just like he was an angel. He could do all the things angels can, he knew all of our history, our ways, everything. Yet he was a stranger to all the people in heaven. Even the eldest of the Seraphim did not know him. But God... Yahweh, said nothing to the Arch Seraphim when he asked what we should do about the stranger among us, and so, he was permitted to stay."

"No one ever learned his name, and as far as I know, it still has not been learned yet. As he stayed in heaven, he made alliances, friendships, with the angels. He gained their trust, and planted doubts in their minds. Yet God still said nothing. The stranger convinced many of the angels, that the humans, God's chosen creatures, were undeserving of his love. That the were being forced to serve a foul, mindless, pathetic beast, that should be dominated, and forced to do our bidding, to serve the god we chose, not to make up their own minds as to what god should in power. Forced to choose us as their god's, a collective race of deities to rule all the earth, and all the plains above and below. Quarrels began in heaven, the angels fought as to weather the stranger was right, as to if that would even be possible. Many stormed the house of the Seraphim, demanding proof that god, Our god, even still existed, or spoke to them. War erupted within heaven, and, the story goes, that only then did God finally speak."

"Not just to the Seraphim, but to everyone. His voice tore through heaven, crumbling the houses, the walls, the streets, everything crumbled. The Angels who rebelled within heaven were destroyed, burned up in a fiery blast of his voice, while those who had not rebelled, fell to their faces in fear and worship. Nothing was left standing, either by their own choice, or by God's wrath. Everything fell, accept the stranger. God banished him, cast him out to the lowest realm of nether realms, and gave all those in heaven a choice. Either fallow him and be forever banished, or stay in heaven and live unquestioningly in service of Yahweh, serving him with their very lives, with every moment of their existence without doubt or question. A third of the angels fallowed the stranger to hell, becoming the original demons. They set out to corrupt the world, to turn humans to their bidding. For you see, the true irony in all this, is that somehow, somehow that I don't fully understand, it's humans that have all the power. Without humans, there is no god, no devil, no demons... no angels."

Lixi looked mournfully contemplated for a moment as this thought spread through her own mind, as though she'd known it, but never truly thought about it. "So, you see, I can't imagine the stranger would be any more pleased with Joel trying to let loose the ancient ones who might destroy the world than God is, but perhaps he might be willing to take on a more... hands on kind of approach than god seems to be." The half helled angel fell silent for a moment, and turned on her side to look more directly at Martin. "We're face the absolute destruction of everything. Can you still blame me for being willing to do just about anything to grasp at any hope we have of stopping it? Besides, I'm just one powerless, fallen angel. The world won't be any worse off without me in it. Hell can't be any worse than true oblivion." She reached out to touch his cheek, studying his face, his eyes, and wishing so much that she could find someone way to help him understand.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-09-2011, 01:02 AM

Yoake groaned and facepalmed. "Something's telling me that I really don't wanna know how many planes there are." She said. More and more it was seeming that the deal Lixi had struck with Shad had been a bad idea.

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Martin sighed, then shook his head. "No," he said. "I can't blame you." His lips were tight, as if the sentence was difficult to say. Nonetheless, it was the truth. He would have done the same thing, anything to get back to Lixi if he were in the same situation. He gave her hand a squeeze. "I just... I hate thinking about how fast I'm losing you."

He held that silence for a moment, pushing away the dark thoughts that had begun to take over him. Not just that she would be going to Hell, but that he would probably not be able to take that journey with her. "So this stranger," he said finally. "The Devil. You'd have to go back to Iron City, wouldn't you? Through the hellsmouth and out the other side?"
----

"There are fourteen," she said, recalling what had been generally agreed upon in her research as far as the construction of the ethereal planes were involved. "Each containing as much space as the one that we live on, and just about as much complexity. Even if its here on Earth, she would have to look in every nook and cranny that Joel might have hidden it in, and something tells me he doesn't care for hiding things in plain sight."

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-09-2011, 10:13 PM

"Oh, boy." Yoake groaned. "Lixi's really gotten herself stuck into it now. And something's telling me that Joel wouldn't have it in plain sight in any other plane either." She shook her head. "Are angels always this thickheaded or is it just Lixi?"

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 AM

A shiver washed over Lixi at the thought of going back. "No." She responded quickly, curtly. "No, I'm not going back. Not till we have to." She paused and thought it over for a moment. "I just thought of the stranger, haven't quite worked out all the why's and how's of it. I think... I think maybe, we can summon him? Or summon someone close enough to him to get the message out. I just don't quite know how... or who..."

A soft smile played at the corner of her lips as she thought about what he'd said about loosing her. "I don't know if this is comforting at all, but if we don't do what we're doing, if we aren't willing to risk everything, then there's more than a slight chance that it wouldn't just be me you were loosing." It wasn't comforting, at all, and she knew it. Lixi's mind spun and raced as she tried to force herself to think as a human, to view loss and pain on the individual basis, instead of seeing the greater whole as she'd come to over the years.

"Look..." Lixi smiled a little more pushed Martin onto his back in the sand. Quickly, fluidly, she slid one leg over him and sat atop him. "If, somehow, we beat all the odds, we stop this, fix the world, get to go back to normal boring lives," her fingers toyed with the fabric of Martin's shirt as they traced their way up and down his chest. "Then, I promise you, once I've fulfilled my obligation, I will return to you... for you. I'll follow you to wherever you decide to go in life, be there to hold you every night, and stand beside you through whatever comes our way, be it mundane, or extraordinary, for as long as you want me around." She knew she'd said something similar before, or at least had thought of it, but this time, it had more weight. This was a promise, this was something she would genuinely try to make happen... it was something she wanted.

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 PM

Martin wore a crooked smile as she slid atop him. He had a memory of the night they'd spent in the tunnels beneath the sand, how badly he'd wanted her then and how the flame of desire was still strong despite all that happened: stronger now in spite, in fact. He smiled at it, the promise she made, wondering if she would be able to keep it and hoping against hope that she could. Putting a hand to her face, he reached up to meet it.

"I still owe you that date," he whispered in her ear before he kissed her.
-----
"How would I know? She's the only angel I've met. Up until about a week ago, I had my doubts that thinking these things existed was a sane logic set. Judging by what you've told me, you've met more angels than I have." She bit her lip. A week ago. She'd been in France for half of it, and had so far only gotten half as far in her lessons as she would have liked. How many days did she have left before Joel nabbed her from her reverie? There was no telling; he didn't seem much for keeping promises.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM

"Now? Including Lixi, two. The second's her brother, and an ass." Yoake said. "Apparently he isn't one for making friends. With anyone."

BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 AM

"Do you require anything?" Quar's voice came from the doorway into Crowley's room. He stood there, toes less than an inch from the line of dirt, peering in at Martin's body, well aware of the consciousness of the thing within it. Lixi was beyond being able to be aware of anything said near her body, as he imagined Martin was. Now seemed as good a time as any to work on the second set of orders Crowley had given him, though he was only vaguely aware of his teachers accomplishments in the matter.
"I'm not like her. I won't treat you poorly or with disdain just because of what you are or your current situation. I really will help as best I can within the bounds of my orders."

-----

Lixi returned the kiss with an eager longing. her heart fluttered a bit as she let her body melt forward to press her torso to his, relieved that she hadn't completely lost him in all of this, as she'd been beginning to fear she had before they entered this state. A genuine smile stretched across her lips when finally she broke the kiss to respond to his statement.

"Well then, maybe that should be the first thing we do after all this is done. Run off to... somewhere... the plain states maybe? And go in search of the best steakhouse we can find. Somewhere off the beaten trail, that few people have ever heard of, where the families that own it have been perfecting their craft for generations. We can steal a car, just drive till we find one we wanna go to, drive for days maybe, not tell anyone where we're going. We can disappear completely for a while." She day dreamed about the idea of just vanishing with him by a normal, conventional human means, nothing supernatural, nothing other worldly, just two people on a road trip, because they wanted to be, not because they were hiding or running from some great imminent doom. "I know I'd like that. Not have to worry about a thing accept where we feel like staying that night, or what road we feel like taking, or where we wanna have our proper date."

In the back of her mind, however, was still the matter of business. Lixi made a silent mental note to have him ask Quar to research higher ranking powerful demons that were still known to make deals in hopes of finding a name to summon that may prove useful for contacting the stranger. She also knew this would be something that she herself would likely have to do, somewhere outside the bounds of the temple, as opening connections to those sort of forces was never something to be done in a sacred space. The thought of the temples as a sacred space also lead her to another idea. If Joel needed energy magic, why just make Adja do it alone? Perhaps having Crowley send out a call throughout all his temples for any and all available children under his teaching to come aid them. Surely it would increase Adja's chances of survival and success. She smiled all the more as she stored the thoughts away for now, and leaned in to kiss her love once again so as to avoid breaking the pleasant mood they'd found there way back to.

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-18-2011, 02:41 AM

"Always wanted to know what buffalo meat tastes like. Wanna set sail for Montana?" He made a sly smile. He knew how important it was to get back to business, but it was driving him crazy to think about the end of the world. Forcing the topic wasn't getting them anywhere, and with the way the world they were in and her emotions were connected, sane conversation was the best idea for the both of them.

However, it was impossible for the two of them to share this space and not have two conversations simultaneously. Martin was hardly the most perceptive of men, but in a place where their minds were so closely linked, he could see some of her ideas to pool resources. The normalcy of the conversation made it so much easier to think about the more important things.

He nodded in agreement that they would need backup, and shared with her his plans. He intended, with her help and training hopefully, to use his ability to project himself to his sister so that when Joel tried to bend her to his will, there would at least be someone else in there to fight. He wasn't sure if he would be any sort of help at all, but he would be damned if he was going to sit on the sidelines while his only family was in peril. If nothing else, he could at least spy through her eyes and warn everyone when the situation got dense.
---
"I don't suppose 'break the circle' would be within the bounds of your orders, would it," Vulture sneered, but then let Martin's face drop. "Nevermind," she said after she realized after realizing that she was being rude. Generally, that wouldn't concern her, but seeing as he had offered to help her and this entire ordeal had brought out a more charitable side of her, she thought it best not to test the boundaries of their temporary alliance.

She sighed reflectively. "You appear to come from stubborn roots."
------
"You might have noticed that making friends isn't really in the priorities right now. The threat of an apocalypse can bring people together, but friendship is hardly on anyone's mind." The words coming from her mouth seemed hypocritical, given that most of her thoughts had lingered on Crowley since their first night together. She noticed that the communal eating place had begun to filter out, and she glanced back at the miniscule note that her brother had sent to her. "You don't happen to know what they're planning, do you?"

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 PM

Yoake chose to ignore the remark about making friends. She shook her head. "No, I don't." She replied. "If I did know, then...well, I'm not sure what I'd do." She couldn't help but be honest about that last part. I'd probably be getting my guns ready for the fight, and figuring out some way for them to do some real damage against the demons and hopefully also Joel.