Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 11-08-2021, 08:47 PM

Wild to see some folks still posting even if it's just a teeny handful.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 11-09-2021, 09:06 PM

As long as mene is here I’ll continue to check

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 12-08-2021, 02:49 PM

Happy Holidays Menewsha RAK fam <3

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 12-11-2021, 07:39 AM

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy holidays

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-16-2021, 10:49 PM

*misses RAK and everyone*
I remembered my login‼️
Have a wonderful holiday season, y'all 💙

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-18-2021, 02:26 AM

hummy told me to make a wish, so i thought i'd make a little Crimmas offer!! since the avatar maker is totally borked, i really don't need any new pixels, so here's what i propose...

my wish is for a drawing, of any of the characters here: https://toyhou.se/stelar/characters/...ist/folder:all
and in return, i'll draw a drawing for someone else with a wish! simple cartoony style, no background, yes shading.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-31-2021, 04:06 AM

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, RAK and everyone‼️
Please make wishes, y'all 💙

R u b y: can you draw something for ghostie❓
[/QUOTE]

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-31-2021, 09:08 AM

HUMMYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :') I remembered my logon too!

I hope everyone is well and getting through these crazy times. I miss you guys.

Quick update: Sleepy and I are no longer together. jk, we bought a house together so we are kinda stuck with each other long term. :p

We still do racing, though I do it more so than him at the moment as he's taken up a club presidency lol.

We went to Japan together early last year, right before all this went down, so lucky.

That's all I have in terms of updates!

R u b y

Old 12-31-2021, 09:45 PM

hummy: Sorry hums I don't really draw like that anymore. my laptop that I'd draw with doesn't work

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-01-2022, 10:06 PM

Happy New Year! ♥️

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-04-2022, 10:14 AM

Hello and Happy New Year to you all! It is comforting to see many names I still recognize.
It's amazing that I remembered my password for this site when I didn't write it down in my usual password spot.
I randomly opened my Menewsha folder on my computer when I was looking for a new picture for my discord account, and it made me want to see if this site still existed.
I'm glad people can still post here, but I read a few posts from the latest announcement and see that many things aren't working anymore :(

On another note, I caught covid recently during the holidays (presumably omicron variant) and would like to know if anyone here has caught presumably omicron and could tell me how long their symptoms lasted. If someone you know caught it and you know how long their symptoms lasted, please share that as well.
FYI I am triple vaccinated and for the past 2 days I have had a sore throat, cough, and runny nose. No other symptoms.
I won't be able to go to work this week due to covid so I will have plenty of time to check in here and chat. I am hopeful that my symptoms will go away by the second week of January so I can work again.
I hope people here are ok with talking about covid, I know it is a sensitive topic. ><

Please do NOT start talking about vax/anti-vax, mask/anti-mask, whether covid really exists, or any covid-related conspiracies.
I am only curious about the duration of omicron symptoms in fully vaccinated individuals because when I googled it I could not find any clear answers.

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 01-05-2022, 09:16 PM

Happy New Year!! Here's to hopefully a better year for everyone!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-07-2022, 06:12 PM

M i n u x e: You might be interested in reading this thread on Voltra: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/13001

It’s nice to see you after so long! Glad you remembered your password. X3

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-08-2022, 12:36 AM

Thanks for linking me to that thread Kent! It was a useful read. It is interesting to see the differences between people's symptoms. It is reassuring to see how short people's symptoms lasted.
Now that I have had covid for 6 days I can share that my sore throat was the worst on the 2nd and 3rd day. 3rd day overall was the worst for me because my sore throat, cough, and runny nose were all quite bad. By the 4th day my sore throat improved considerably but I still had a runny nose and cough. Yesterday (day 5) I had no sore throat, still had a runny nose and cough. Today the runny nose was only in the morning but the cough lingers.
I'm thankful that I didn't develop a fever or severe headache like some of those people did.

Kent, I hope you can stay safe and not catch covid so you don't have to miss any work!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-08-2022, 04:32 AM

You’re welcome. The mild symptoms sure seem a lot like cold and flu symptoms.

Thanks! I’d hate to catch it.. I hate getting sick in general. XP

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-09-2022, 03:26 AM

Ya mine mimicked a mild cold. When I've had the flu in the past I actually felt worse.

Are you on Voltra whenever you have free time? What do you like about it compared to other avatar sites?
The Voltra avatars are pretty cool because they can have different arm and leg positions, but I still find Menewsha avatars cuter. Perhaps it's because I'm used to them.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-10-2022, 04:50 PM

Yeah, Voltra is my main avatar site nowadays. I'm not as active as I was on Mene though. The pixel style is pretty cool. I definitely like a few of the staff artists on the site. I tried out pantheon and found the avatar system way too complicated and customizable for my liking. I feel like it'd take me days or many hours to create an avi I like on that site... Voltra's avatar system is as simple as Mene's, though that might change in the future if they ever add item dyeing. Both avatars are cute in their own ways. X3 I also think the user base on Voltra is pretty nice and welcoming. Oh, I also spend some time on dappervolk. It has avatars and a pet system. I don't like how you have to stick with only one species/race of four for your avatar, though. The art is amazing on that site and the events aren't that bad. It's focused more on a questing feature than on forum-based events though.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-10-2022, 09:16 PM

After I asked you about Voltra I randomly looked at 2 different hangout threads and the avatars there definitely are pretty. I like that there are so many different eye styles so you are sure to find one you like. After looking at a variety of avatars I actually like theirs more than the ones here. I like that their avatar system is simple. I also could not see myself spending hours to make a pretty outfit.
The two hangouts I happened upon did have nice wholesome conversations and the majority of the people posting were either married or had children, which is great because that is the stage of life I am preparing to enter soon.
I wouldn't want to try a site where the majority of the users were Gen Z or younger (gen alpha I think?) because I'm a millennial and I feel quite out of touch with the younger generations. For example I know about TikTok but I have never used it and don't plan on downloading it anytime soon.

I'm back to work again this week so my amount of free time will go down drastically. I will keep Voltra in mind for when I have spurts of free time in the future. I saw that you have a hangout on there. If I do join I will use the same name.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-11-2022, 08:26 PM

I've definitely grown quite accustomed to Voltra avis. I like that they're bigger than Mene avis too. You can make some really cute and gorgeous avis.
lol My dad has TikTok when I don't. He spends so much time on it lately. He's always loved watching videos on his phone though.

Awesome. I hope to see you there! It's always nice to see more Menewshans on Voltra. X3 You're welcome to post in my thread any time~

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-15-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
hummy: Sorry hums I don't really draw like that anymore. my laptop that I'd draw with doesn't work

aw, sorry.
I'll find someone, thanks.
hope 2022 is good to you.

---------- Post added 01-15-2022 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
HUMMYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :') I remembered my logon too!

I hope everyone is well and getting through these crazy times. I miss you guys.

Quick update: Sleepy and I are no longer together. jk, we bought a house together so we are kinda stuck with each other long term. :p

We still do racing, though I do it more so than him at the moment as he's taken up a club presidency lol.

We went to Japan together early last year, right before all this went down, so lucky.

That's all I have in terms of updates!

I am so happy for y'all 💙
I take full credit, lol
Japan pics please
I'm so happy y'all got to see it.
Tokyo❓
happiest of New Years to my favorite couple 💙💙💙
LOVE YOU GUYS 💙💙💙

R u b y

Old 01-15-2022, 10:54 PM

Hums: well, I got covid so there’s that xP I didn’t even go anywhere for 2 weeks. Someone in my household brought it home so we’ve all been sick.
Its so nice though one of our acquaintances just offered out of the blue to get us groceries since we can’t go anywhere ;3:

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-16-2022, 03:13 AM

Hey Ruby! Oh no, sad to hear you caught covid too. I caught it on new year's. What were your symptoms like and how long did they last? On my first day it was so mild that I only felt a tickle in my throat and the need to clear it. My sore throat became worse the second and third day, then by the fourth day it improved. I also developed a cough and runny nose on the third day. The runny nose went away after a week but the cough is very slowly going away.
It's great when you have someone who can deliver groceries for you. I had a friend do that for me too! It's much better than relying on food delivery apps.

Kent: If I join Voltra I will be sure to chat in your hangout.
I've heard that TikTok has a scary good algorithm for recommending videos you would be interested in.
I'm really into watching videos on YouTube myself because I like long videos that I can run in the background while I do other things.

Last edited by M i n u x e; 01-16-2022 at 03:52 AM..

R u b y

Old 01-16-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i n u x e View Post
Hey Ruby! Oh no, sad to hear you caught covid too. I caught it on new year's. What were your symptoms like and how long did they last? On my first day it was so mild that I only felt a tickle in my throat and the need to clear it. My sore throat became worse the second and third day, then by the fourth day it improved. I also developed a cough and runny nose on the third day. The runny nose went away after a week but the cough is very slowly going away.
It's great when you have someone who can deliver groceries for you. I had a friend do that for me too! It's much better than relying on food delivery apps.

Kent: If I join Voltra I will be sure to chat in your hangout.
I've heard that TikTok has a scary good algorithm for recommending videos you would be interested in.
I'm really into watching videos on YouTube myself because I like long videos that I can run in the background while I do other things.
Ive still got it, I don’t really have much of a cough yet, but I’m in a lot of pain. Makes it really hard to get comfortable/to sleep. All my muscles are stiff. I’m hoping that goes away soon but its just getting worse every day xP and my mom has different symptoms so idk whats up with that.

Yeah it was nice to have someone that did that for us. I wouldn’t say we can rely on her though, we’re not super close friends so it would be awkward to keep asking for help after she offered once xP we’ve been trying to figure out how Walmart delivery works lol

Are you feeling better now? How long were you sick?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 01-20-2022, 05:52 PM

Dunno why mene crossed my mind today. Probably because I've been feeling so nostalgic... And everyone here was special to me. I hope everyone is safe and happy. Love ya'll <333

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 01-20-2022, 10:51 PM

I cant click the one emoji I wanted to use :,(