Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 AM

The past is a completely different animal. We're different now - we are perfection.

It's strange, thinking back. All those years ago, humanity had to struggle. They fought to create jobs, to look the way they wanted, to find the lives they dreamed of. It's different now. We are given everything the moment we come of age. Why? They say it's our reward. It's what we are given if we are good people.

When you turn 18, you choose a new life. A new face, a new person, a new job or future ... you become the person you always dreamed of becoming.

The government puts you through the choosing process and provides an avatar - your surrogate body. You live a peaceful, wonderful dreamy life for the rest of your days. Sound boring?

It won't be boring forever. There is something happening with the surrogates. There are whispers of a virus. There's talk of betrayal, and governmental failure. Still, they keep us happy. They keep us in our avatars as often as possible, trying to cover up this little blip in our existence. Maybe there's nothing to worry about, anyway.

Intro and Other Info

Welcome!

This story has taken concepts from the movie Surrogates, and Avatar, Uglies/Pretties/Specials, and various other bits of inspiration. I took a thread from many years ago and revamped it for us to play with. :)

Feel free to suggest things for the story and plot!

Quote:

There are three main classifications of Surrogate/Avatar:

Uni

Beautiful, stunning, and all around attractive individuals. There are downfalls to their “higher class,” though. Unable to withstand a punch, they are weak, and are not meant for much action beyond everyday life and a few parties. Though absolutely gorgeous, they need to be “recharged” every 12 hours in their “docking stations.”

They are treated as royalty, and often get everything they want.

Pyrate

Meant for physical contact and usually involved in battle, these avatars are as fit as someone could possibly get. Used in war, sports, and anything rigorous, they are some of the toughest of their kind. You could hit them with a train and they would keep going. Known for their endurance and ability to withstand damage, this kind of Surrogate is a fighter.

Hatter

The third type of avatar is one that is advanced with job pursuits and designs software, someone good with computers and other machines. Usually a mechanic comes from this field, and is typically a worker of any sort. Businessmen, bartenders, or anyone else from a working class is usually thrown into this category.

Children

as of yet, have no Surrogates. Raised with a group of other children, they need to reach the age of 18 before they are allowed to control an avatar of their own.

Others

This is where you fall if you don't have one of the categories above. ;)

The only limitations I will put on the “machines” are these:

-No child avatars
-A male must be matched with a male avatar, a woman must be presented as a female. Basically, no switching genders; if you’re a guy, you’re a guy machine.

The Scenery:

More of a modern day setting, or so it feels. Everything is created for convenience, and you will likely be enjoying your time in your new body. It might take some getting used to!

All avatars must be recharged after use, repaired after damage, and controlled by a human. Every ID can be traced back to the “user,” and every user is limited to 1 surrogate of the same gender.

The Profiles:

Fill in the sheet below and PM it to me when you’re done! Remember that you can make them look however you want. ^_- Copy the text below and make your own.

Code:
My Puppeteer: (Username) 
I want to be called: (Character Name)
I am (Age) years old
Did you look at me? I'm a (Gender) 
Classification: (Type of avatar)
What do I see when I look in the mirror? 
(picture or really good description of HUMAN form, not avatar)
How I choose to look: 
(avatar’s picture or description)
What happened in my life: (Biography; doesn’t have to be extremely complicated) 
I think of myself as: (Personality) 
I can’t stand: (2 or more dislikes) 
My favorite things in the world: (2 or more likes)
Posting Color:

Last edited by Esmme; 12-14-2013 at 01:54 AM..

Esmme

Old 12-10-2013, 03:51 AM

Accepted Profiles:

- Hatters - 2 / 2 (full)

SPOILERX

My Puppeteer: Esmme
I want to be called: Isabella "Isa"
I am 21 years old.
Did you look at me? I'm a girl.
Classification: Hatter

How I choose to look:

What happened in my life: I grew up with my businessman father and cooking mother. Neither of my parents were very adventurous. Honestly, I'm the adventurous one. Still, I chose a Hatter as my avatar because I wasn't brave enough to go through vigorous training and fighting lessons. That's alright, though!

My profession as a trader in all kinds of market goods lets me get around a lot. I skip from town to town, seeking valuable items and products. I sell these said items and curiosities at the next place I arrive at. My curiosity keeps me going.

Currently, I'm looking for more items to sell. Might find some old first-world items out there, or maybe some nearly-ancient Disney collectives. You never know what you might find once you start sticking your nose into other people's business.

I think of myself as: Bubbly, fun-loving, and extroverted. I enjoy making friends, and tend to start awkward conversations on accident. I'm curious, and have a thing for guys who work on the field - aka, I really enjoy the company of any kind of avatar, ESPECIALLY the Pyrates. I think they're ... well, hot.
I can’t stand: Being alone, and feeling hopeless and unwanted.
My favorite things in the world: My job finding curiosities, and adventure. Also, I really enjoy cuddling. Just saying.
Posting Color: Dark Orange

Quote:
My Puppeteer: Ameika (AKA Kilia ;) )
I want to be called: Arix Felix Grimm
I am 25 years old
Did you look at me? I'm a Male
Classification: Hatter
How I choose to look:
(with two different colored eyes still)
What happened in my life: Hmmm....nothing much happened in his life, he was always into the whole Grimm Fairytales. It only made him want to travel and find even more treasures like the old book that was passed down from generation to generation.
I think of myself as: "I think I am a pretty lay back, kickback kind of guy. I mean I am pretty chill if I do say so myself, though I can be serious when need to be. I mean I don't rightly know how to describe my personality." he says in a thoughtful way as he looked towards the ceiling, words were unable to come to him about his personality.
I can’t stand: Pushy Women and Burnt Food
My favorite things in the world: Traveling and food
Posting Color Purple

- Uni - 2 / 3

SPOILERX

Quote:
My Puppeteer: Kilia
I want to be called: Rayn Lunair
I am 23 years old
Did you look at me? I'm a female
Classification: Uni

How I choose to look:
(the female)
What happened in my life: I am a twin to my brother, though we had chosen different paths, we still as close together as ever. I work in various jobs, often seen on posters, on book covers, and occasionally can be seen playing in a band.
I think of myself as: a bit shy, tends to be childish, kind, caring, big hearted.
I can’t stand: Peppermint, other Unis who think they are better than everyone else.
My favorite things in the world: nature, animals, the beach, summer.
Posting Color: Teal
Quote:
My Puppeteer: blueblackrose
I want to be called: Adin Nathanial Clark
I am 22 years old
Did you look at me? I'm a male.
Classification: Uni

How I choose to look:

Another pic
What happened in my life: My life has been rather boring. I was an orphan until a I was roughly 5. A wealthy family took me in because they weren't able to have children. From the time they brought me into their home until I became an adult I was being prepared to take over the family business. For my parents that is still the plan, but I much rather live a carefree life.

For now I'll make do with what I can. I became a Uni so I could at least live carefree even if it's only for a short while. I'm an idol, but I'm best known for my singing. I've also done some modeling and other things. My father is content about my chose since he can use my image to promote his business. I swear all that man sees sometimes is dollar signs. Anyway, I'm on my way to the top and I'm going to make damn sure that it's one hell of a ride since I don't know exactly how long I'll have to enjoy it.
I think of myself as: Confident, cocky, player, hot headed, but really I prefer to just be easy going.
I can’t stand: Rude people, which is kind of funny since some people find me to be rather rude. I also can't stand people who pick on or abuse others. Weakness. I don't losing my temper either.
My favorite things in the world: Preforming, nature and freedom. Oh and women of course, what? I told you that I'm somewhat of a player.
Posting Color: Royal Blue

- Pyrates - 3 / 3 (full)

SPOILERX

I want to be called: Derek Vos
I am 24 years old.
Classification: Pyrate

How I choose to look:

What happened in my life: I've always loved a challenge. I was the one who ended fights when I was a child. I still end fights. The only difference now is how many hits I can take. I'm build as a weapon now.

My past is unremarkable, though I expect my challenge-seeking nature will bring me trouble. I look forward to it. Living with frail creatures like Uni and Hatters is starting to make me regret every living in the city.

Everything I do now is for the common good. Or, so I tell myself. "You didn't need to wound that thief," they say. "There is no harm in letting the law deal with punishment," they say. Just let me take care of the fights. I'm ready. I'm willing.

I think of myself as: Rude, really. I don't like people much. I'm known to be brooding and ill-tempered, dark-humored, and overall a jerk. Just ... go ahead. Say that to my face.
I can’t stand: Suffocating spaces, and Uni. I'm not fond of how frail they are, and how they expect everything they want to be handed to them on a silver platter.
My favorite things in the world: Challenges, fights, and taking risks. Nothing like getting your heart racing, is there?
Posting Color: Dark Slate Blue

Quote:
My Puppeteer: Kilia
I want to be called: Hotaru Lunair
I am 23 years old
Did you look at me? I'm a male
How I choose to look:
(the male sitting next to the female)
What happened in my life: I have a twin sister who became a model and plays in a band also. Where I am a gymnast of sorts. I travel in a circus doing odd jobs here and there. For the most part, when I am in town and between jobs, I bodyguard for my twin. Better then nothing, and it is interesting to do, and she is lucky to have me do it since she knows that no matter what I will have her back.
I think of myself as: Adventuresome, eager, and ever wanting to push himself to his limits. He's a bit of a flirt. Charming is another word that comes to mind when describing the man. Though he is loyal to his sister and protect her, and even come to her aid when ever she needs it.
I can’t stand: Staying in one place to long, people messing with my sister or trying to get with her
My favorite things in the world: My twin or course, my pet sugar glider.
Posting Color: Medium Turquoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose
My Puppeteer: blueblackrose
I want to be called: Odessa Rose Santos
I am 29 years old
Did you look at me? I'm a female

How I choose to look:

What happened in my life: What is there to tell about my life? For the most part it was just like anyone elses. I grew up with my parents. My father is a laborer and my mother a business woman. Growing up I wasn't popular, but I had a few close friends.

Being curious about the world and wanting to become a stronger lead me to chose to be a Pyrate. Despite my parents dislike of the choice I made they still supported my decision.

I've become stronger in more ways than one and I'm happy with the decision that I made back then. What I have become allows me to be true to myself because I've always been a fighter. I will fight for what I believe in and to get what I want. Also don't expect me to go easy on you if you use or betray me. I don't show kindness to people like that.

Recently I met an interesting fellow by the name of Cain. Despite his coldness and dislike for people in general I've decided to tag along with him for a while. I'm curious to know what makes this handsome devil tick.

I think of myself as: Curious, stubborn, open minded and zealous at times.
I can’t stand: Loud noises, I've always had sensitive hearing and loud noises hurt my ears. I don't like being told I can't do something or being used.
My favorite things in the world: Traveling/Adventure, meeting interesting people and cats.
Posting Color: dark red

- Others - 2 / 2 (full)

SPOILERX

I want to be called: Cain
I am 118 years old
Classification: First Breed

What happened in my life: Cain was one of the precursors of the entire operation. He was one of the few original test subjects chosen for the avatar program. At 18 years old, he eagerly signed up for testing. Things progressed quickly, and he was given an avatar that bested the powers of all the three classes combined.

Cain has permanently bonded with his avatar. Now he is ageless, and cannot leave his avatar's body. If one dies, the other dies as well. There is no way out of this.

In time, the surrogate bodies become popular. Society conformed as the government pushed avatars into nearly every life out there. Cain dropped off the grid months ago. He's been missing, and the authorities have no hints as to where he might be. While this worries them, it is only one of the many issues that have started to spring up.
I think of myself as: ... cold. Distant. Not fond of contact with others. Whatever contact I do have is unpleasant, at best.
Posting Color: Dim Gray

I want to be called: Sarah Dunmir
I am 20 years old
Did you look at me? I'm a woman.
Classification: Human - no avatar.

What happened in my life: My parents were excellent people. They didn't understand me. Granted, not many did. I hated the classes that trained us to be "responsible citizens," and I absolutely disgusted the thought of taking on a second body. Wasn't mine good enough? Why use something I don't want?

Come to find out, I wasn't allowed to say no. I had to take an avatar. I didn't. I ran.

I'm sure that there's a small price on my head - I'm a troublemaker as well as an escaped youth. I've lived for 2 years like this. Thieving is my means of survival, and if I'm lucky then people don't really notice that I'm not in my surrogate body like they are. I have to avoid them, for the most part. Every avatar is stronger than a human body, even the Uni.

Being careful was always boring, though. My thieving skills are getting better. I might have to try my hand at someone a little ... well, richer.
I think of myself as: Daring, and a bit moody. I don't like being close to people, and it gets me nervous when someone tries to touch me. I'm a spitfire, too. Don't freak out if I hit you. It means one of two things: that I like you, or you've pushed your luck. Either way, I tend to show my affection through tough love. Not that I love much of anyone. I'm skittish, remember?
I can’t stand: The government and their surrogates, as well as the strict rules put on the society. I also hate people who are in this world, unknowingly being led like sheep to their deaths. They're all parasites. Granted, so am I. I keep stealing from them to survive. I guess it really is a dog-eat-dog world, even in this "paradise."
My favorite things in the world: Tattoos. I like the way they look, even though they are frowned upon for "marring the skin." I really like music, and (coincidentally) the world outside of the city. It's hard to survive out there, but it really makes you a stronger person.
Posting Color: Dark Orchid

Last edited by Esmme; 04-21-2014 at 01:31 AM..

Esmme

Old 12-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Events and Timeline:

- The story begins!

Last edited by Esmme; 12-30-2013 at 02:36 AM..

Esmme

Old 12-30-2013, 04:00 AM

The day was gray. Cold. Rainy. It wasn't a good day to be outside. It was also a terrible day to be out and about. Everyone was crammed into the buildings and shops, which made getting around the city rather ... interesting. Everyone was irritable, and not one person you passed on the street was kind or caring. Figures.

Isabella tossed her damp hair from her eyes. The bundle of paper-wrapped items she was carrying was delicate. She hadn't expected so many avatars to be crowding the darned streets today. So much for getting the thing back to the shop without trouble. The girl's brow was furrowed as she was jostled yet again by some Uni headed for the cover of an overhang. This was the old town district - it was fashioned after the streets of 2013. It looked just like a city out of those times. While it was pretty, it was also irritatingly cramped in comparison to the more modern streets.

With a hiss of irritation, Isa lifted her soft boot out of the puddle she'd just accidentally stepped into. After this, she was going to let her avatar rest at home. And then she'd soak in the tub for a long, long while just to chase off this chill.

The shop was on the other end of the street. Isabella determinedly continued forward, ignoring the other Uni and Hatters around her as she bumped past them. No one ever left their homes without their avatar body. It was dangerous to be around sickness, or around creatures that could kill them easily. The surrogates were stronger, faster ... better. Looking around the streets, they were all you could see. It was almost too much beauty to handle.

Isa shouldered past someone on the sidewalk hurriedly. The thunder was starting to rumble again, and she didn't even have her coat.

As rain began to patter about her, the young woman groaned loudly. Her precious items were going to be ruined at this rate. With a huff of irritation, she stepped onto the next curb and around a corner. Right, coincidentally, into the chest of someone else. Her paper-wrapped pile of belongings spilled out over the sidewalk, unable to take any more abuse. "Well, shove it all in the drain while you're at it!" she blurted, throwing her hands up. "You might as well just parade around the streets like a freaking elephant, taking up as much space as possible!" Isa's tirade didn't stop there. "Watch where you're going, you fat oaf!"

Finally, she spun to look at the person responsible for the scattered objects. A few of them were stuffed animals from another age, some books, an old antique clock ... they were all being ruined by rain.

-

Glancing out at the rain, Derek Vos toyed with the rim of his mug. He'd been sitting in the shelter of a cafe for hours. The rain wouldn't let up. When it did, Vos remained seated. The waitress enjoyed having a Pyrate around - that much was obvious by how often she kept bothering him. This was his fourth cup of hot chocolate. The empty mugs rested on the booth table before him.

He hated this. He hadn't been given anything to do for weeks now. Boredom was setting in. Vos ran a hand through his dark hair, sighing and staring out the window. The blur from the street lights and rain droplets quickly got him lost in thought again. How long had it been like this? Why was everything so ... dull? The perfect life never suited him much. Vos was one who enjoyed adventure and danger. Sadly, this meant he was a risk taker. The government thought he was too volatile to stick in any teams, which meant he was put out in the civilian world.

Since there wasn't much crime, his services weren't needed. Pyrates were the least-desired avatars namely due to the fact that they weren't needed. Hatters could fit into civilian life. Uni could be the richest kids on the block. The Pyrates? They were the ones put into law enforcement. Vos never was good at that.

Thunder rumbled outside again. Vos turned his reflective gold eyes to the other patrons. There were a few Uni giggling in the corner. Some off-duty Hatters were talking elsewhere. It was difficult to classify a few of the others. It honestly made him curious, but not enough to get up and ask a stranger what kind of avatar they'd chosen.

Vos was lost in his thoughts once again. Maybe sitting in this cafe for hours wasn't the best idea. Nothing was going to happen, anyway.

((I welcome you to begin posting, creating characters, and doing whatever you'd like. ;) I'm working on finding out a main plot to keep our characters moving, and suggestions are welcome! <3

I also have placed my characters where they can run in with anyone. :) Feel free to jump in!))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 PM

Rain? Blue eyes looked up to the sky, a smile upon the female face as she just stood there and watched it fall from the sky. Her name is Rayn, which was ironic since it was raining. She chuckled to her self, brushing her long dark brown hair back behind her ear. She watched as people crammed underneath umbrellas, under, canopies or into buildings, which made the streets a bit more easier to travel, but it was still crowded for a rainy day.

She jerked in surprise as a female bumped into her, on her way to some place. Watching as the female huddled the packages to her before she turned a corner. Some time passed by before she headed over towards a cafe that had caught her attention as it was not as full as the other places that were around her. The bell above the door dinging, letting people know that she had entered, looking around, she smiled and waved at some people that she knew.

Moving past the pyrate that was sitting alone, ordering some hot chocolate before she went into the restroom to wring the rain out her hair. After she was sure she had most of the rain wrung out her hair and had patted it dry with some paper towels. She ran a hand through it, slicking it back out of her face as she moved to sit down at a table next to the pyrate, cocking her head to the side as she looked him over. He reminded her of her twin, this caused her to wonder if he knew him. "Excuse me. Do you know Hotaru Lunair?" she asked as she took the cup of hot chocolate that was set down for her, waiting for a reply from the dark hair male. She was suppose to be meting him some time soon but she wasn't exactly sure when he would show up considering he tended to wander.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 AM

The rain didn’t bother the auburn haired woman one bit. In fact she liked the rain. Walking down the sidewalk she weaved in and out of the people, making her way to a café. There was a mischievous smile playing on her lips. Odessa made it a point to leave her mysterious new acquaintance a little letter that he would have to decipher. She knew he would more than likely have no problem doing so. It was just a question if he would actually seek her out for a change.

Once the woman arrived at the café she made her way to a corner table away from others. It was better so she could observe people. She liked to make a game out of picking out who was which class. Some of them were easy to tell that they were either Uni or Hatters. Some were more of a challenge to figure out, much like her. The avatar she chose could fall into any of the classes, but really she looked more like a Uni or Hatter than a Pyrate. Which suited her just fine since leaving people guessing was fun.

While looking around she noticed that there only seemed to be one Pyrate in the room other than herself, then again there were a few she was unsure about. It amused her who the waitress seemed to enjoy the man’s company. Odessa sat there a few minutes waiting for someone to take her order. Since the female waitress’ seemed to be ignoring her she took it upon herself to get the attention of a male waiter that passed by. She shot him a wink and a smile. The waiter almost tripped while walking and staring at her. She giggled as he turned bright red. The male regained his composure before coming to her table. Once more she gave him a smile. “I would like some Oolong tea and a blueberry muffin.” The waiter disappeared after taking her order.

Even though she was a Pyrate she knew how to get what she wanted for the most part. Sometimes it was hard though since being a Pyrate weren’t popular. Not that she cared. Being what she was allowed her to be adventurous. After a little bit the waiter returned with her order and sat it in front of her. “Thank you,” she said in a velvety voice. The male gave her a smile before leaving. Odessa took a bite of the muffin. Now all that was left to do was to wait and see if Cain would actually show up.

Esmme

Old 01-07-2014, 02:03 AM

((Sorry about the delay, guys! ))

"Excuse me. Do you know Hotaru Lunair?"

Vos almost missed what she said. Another drink was set beside him, and he thanked the waitress as she moved on. The Uni that took the table beside his was slender and had long hair - that was he registered before tuning her out. He wasn't fond of their kind. Not with the way they often received special treatment, and expected to be treated like royalty. They were here to have fun, and to charm their way into the hearts, minds, and beds of everyone else.

Gold eyes moved down to his own mug, and just as he lifted the drink to his lips he realized that the Uni had been talking to him.

"Lunair?" Vos' voice was husky and deep. After thinking for a few seconds, he shook his head and returned to his drink. "No." Talkative? No. Antisocial? Sometimes. Right now? Absolutely. "Why do you ask?"

-

The lithe figure ignored the looks he received from a few of the people he passed on the street. He was well-dressed, which labeled him as a Uni - yet the way he moved was nothing like the care-free Uni. He walked as though he owned the world - like a Pyrate. It didn't matter. Not to the passing civilians and avatars that littered the streets. Lesser beings, all of them. Every one of them would die in time. Cain, though? Cain would live on while everyone else lost their lives.

He drew in a slow, deep breath. His lovely companion had left him a note to decipher. This said note was riddled with odd references and names. Was it partially a rhyme? Cain's analytic mind had figured it out within minutes. He'd pondered whether or not he should go to Odessa. He never went to anyone - they came to him. This was quite the interesting turn of events. Cheeky of her, really. Then again, Odessa was quite the odd piece to the puzzle.

An icy gaze moved to the building across the street. The cafe where Odessa had gone was busy for a rainy day. Cain wasn't fond of people. He'd manage to weave through the streets, but ... now she was just drawing him out into the public eye. It was a brilliant way of doing it, too. They both knew that Cain had a difficult time turning down a challenge. This little riddled taunt was a risky way of trying to get Cain to meet Odessa on her own terms.

Watching from across the street, Cain's blue eyes lingered on the people he could see through the rain-splattered window. A Pyrate. A few Uni. Some Hatters. There, over in the corner. He glimpsed the auburn hair and smiled slightly to himself. He'd pinned the right place. He hadn't bothered being inside a cafe in years....

Cain stepped across the street unhurriedly, ignoring the rain that drizzled over him. By the time he opened the cafe door, he was only damp. His gaze immediately locked on Odessa as he moved through the tables. Foolish girl.

"Clever," Cain tossed a crumpled paper onto the table. Taking a seat before his companion, the male gave her a grim smile. "Why would you bring us here, Odessa?" He kept his composure, trying not to look uncomfortable or stiff - stiffer than usual, anyway. Cain never had enjoyed the public.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 AM

The woman was enjoying herself, biding her time while she waited for Cain. The café was surprisingly lively for such a rainy day. A small smirk crossed her lips because she knew well that the man she was waiting for wouldn’t be pleased. Of course it wasn’t her fault. She had no idea that the café was so popular. She took another bit of the muffin, watching the other people.

Odessa’s eyes narrowed slightly as she got the feeling she was being watched. She chuckled lightly to herself. “It seems my wait is about over,” the woman mumbled to herself, staring at her tea. When he approached she pretended not to notice until he threw the paper onto the table and spoke. The woman looked up at him with a grin. “Well that didn’t take as long as I expected. Next time I’ll have to make my note harder to figure out.”

“Why you ask?” Odessa laughed. “Well for one you don’t get out enough my dear Cain. Do you realize all the things that you are missing?” Her golden eyes lingered on her male companion. Even though he was trying his posture was still a little stiff. She grinned again, continuing her teasing before she got to the point. “Another reason is because this café has some of the best tea in the city and I wanted to get some today. Hot tea is always nice on a rainy day.” Which was true, but today she had opted to get the iced Oolong tea instead.

It had always seemed a little strange to her how playing games like this one seemed like the natural thing to do when she was with Cain. When she had first met the man she could tell he was different. The way he carried himself and looked at the world wasn’t the same as almost everyone else. It all intrigued the woman and made her curiosity grow. Odessa had found herself tagging along with Cain even though he had made it clear at first that he didn’t want her company or need it. That didn’t deter her though she continued to do what she wanted like always.

The auburn haired woman lowered her eyes, once more looked down at her tea. “I’ve been wondering why are we here? I mean this city doesn’t really seem like a place you would stay for long due to how many people there are.” She looked back up at him, curiosity shown in her eyes as she stared into his. The woman smiled, her tone turning velvety, “Also I wanted to know if you would search for me if I disappeared.” Maybe her reasons weren’t the greatest, but being in public like this gave her the upper hand for a change. Plus she was wondering what she meant to the male.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 01-12-2014 at 04:26 AM..

Esmme

Old 01-16-2014, 03:56 AM

"You're bold in assuming I want to experience the things that you do." Cain's blue eyes met Odessa's as she continued her teasing. He looked calm on the outside, but those eyes ... he looked so annoyed. As though he were the adult looking a child who had just chewed something important, or done something incredibly foolish. "I don't miss anything."

Though it was obvious that Cain was irritated, he also listened with a kind of sincerity and focus that took in the very way she moved her lips. He was always like that - always observing, taking in everything she did as though it was all letters in a book. By the time Odessa looked back down at her tea, the tall male had managed to lean against the table, resting his elbows on the smooth surface. To observers, he looked relaxed - intense, but at least he didn't stand out for his uncomfortable demeanor.

Cain met the woman's gaze as she looked back at him. That was another of his quirks. He never avoided meeting Odessa's gaze, and often looked more dominant than ever when he looked at her.

"The city is a better place to linger than the abandoned structures beyond the limits." Cain tilted his head slightly, as if disappointed that she hadn't come to that conclusion already. His disappointment thickened as he continued. "Civilization, despite its obvious flaws, is far more convenient than the wilds. I don't have a burning desire to live as a native of the land." His tone was so dry, it was almost difficult to detect the dry sarcasm in his next statement. "Nor do I wish to lure people of a more curious nature to their death without a way to charge their surrogate bodies."

Slowly, his annoyance seemed to fade. Just as quickly as it had flared up, it drifted off. Cain reached forward, taking the cup of tea from Odessa and scenting it briefly. As of yet, she hadn't seen him eat. She'd barely seen him drink anything. It was as though he thought such things were "below him," as he seemed to view so many things in life.

Cain felt a frown tug at his brow, and he took a sip of the Oolong tea. His expression never wavered as he set it down on the table once again.

"If you disappeared," Cain's gaze returned to the auburn-haired woman, "I wouldn't go looking for you. It was your challenge that brought me here, Odessa." Cold. But honest.

As he spoke, Cain's gaze had softened slightly, as though the look on his face might lighten the blow of his harsh words. Or perhaps the shift was due to her velvety, tempting tone. Either way, the male kept his gaze locked on Odessa. Reaching forward, cold fingers brushed the woman's cheek as Cain's tone hardened.

"I don't like being pushed to action."

Last edited by Esmme; 01-18-2014 at 03:30 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-16-2014, 08:14 PM

The dark brown haired male, hummed to himself as he strolled down the street, not minding the rain that was pouring down on him, chuckling to himself as he thought about his twin waiting to met up with him so that they could spend sometime together. He couldn't remember the last time that he had seen her, it may have been about five months ago. He watched as hatters, uni walked to where they needed to go as the huddled under umbrellas or the awnings that hung in front of the shops.

He ran his slightly scarred hand through his long hair, having pushed the braids that he had back behind his ears, as his blue eyes looked around for signs of where he was at. A frown crossed his features as he couldn't find the cafe that he was suppose to be meeting her up at. He pulled a piece of paper out as he started to read it as he turned a corner. Only to have someone bump into him, or maybe he bumped into them, it was vague to figure out. "Oi!! I am sorry okay?" he said to the female that seemed to jump down his throat over something that could have just as easily been her fault as much as it was his.

"Ya acting like this was all done on purpose. Personally I think that I am pretty healthy and nothing like an elephant or a fat oaf." he said to her as he bent down to pick up the items that had fallen on the ground. Brushing the water off the items, trying to salvage them for her. Tugging her and the items under a nearby awning, he looked them over, shaking the water off them before he looked around for something to cover them with. "We both should watch where we are going." he said bluntly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Rayn looked at the male, sipping her coco as she waited for his reply, not paying much attention to the other unis that were surrounding them. She watched as a female made her way to the back of the cafe, though her blue eyes were more turned towards the window. Searching for her twin, whom was late. A smile played at her lips as the Pyrate finally replied to her. "Oh..." she couldn't help the disappointment in her voice as she turned her eyes down to her drink before smiling again as she looked back up. "You see my brother is a pyrate also. So i was wondering if you worked with him. He does various odd jobs from time to time." she said to him in a soft voice, chuckling to herself as she runs her finger around the rim of the mug. She had to admit that his voice was easy on her ears and was a very attractive quality though he did not seem interested at all.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 AM

For some reason Odessa liked to see that annoyed look in Cain’s eyes. Maybe it was because it proved that the man was capable of feeling something or maybe it was just because it amused her. When the male looked straight back at her into her eyes when she looked at him she couldn’t help, but to feel annoyed. There was something about when he did that just didn’t sit well with her. Even though she felt this way she wouldn’t break the gaze, probably due to her stubbornness. She was sure that they made for an amusing pair when they stared at each other like they were now.

“That is true. I guess I just figured with your personality and all that you’d keep yourself all locked away in a mansion somewhere.” She laughed lightly. Odessa continued to watch him, not really making any attempt to say something witty about luring people to their death. The statement had been a curious one, but one she knew that she would find more out about in the future. The woman was a little surprised that he took a sip of her drink, normally that was something he wouldn’t bother with, but she shrugged it off.

The woman gave him a smile. “You’re answers are much as I had expected them to be. I knew well that challenging you would be the only way you would look for me.” A slight smirk played on her lips. “It’s a good thing too since it would be a bother if I decided to leave.” Her eyes narrowed slightly as he brushed her cheek with his cold fingers. She was a little suspicious of this action.

Odessa was sure by his hard tone and words that he wasn’t joking, but something told her that it was more than that. Once more she looked him in the eyes, her gaze intense and unwavering. “Is that a challenge my dear Cain,” her tone was darker than usual. Pushing this man to action is what she wanted. She wanted to know what made him tick and what he what wants in this world. There had to be something that he truly wanted or planned to do. One way or another she was going to find out. The air around the pair had become thicker and the tension could be felt by those nearby. A few of the people started to stare at them and others moved away out of fear. Unfortunately there was one that seemed to be either an idiot or just wanted to try to calm things down before they could get out of hand.

A warm smooth voice cut through the silence between Odessa and Cain. “Hey there beautiful, mind if I take a seat beside you?” The voice belonged to a young man named Adin. From looking at him one could easily guess that he was a Uni. Odessa didn’t bother to break her gaze on Cain to look at the intruder. “Get lost and go try to flatter someone else,” the woman’s words were sharp and to the point. This only caused the male to smile. “Now, now my honey please don’t be cold. This guy seems to be bothering you and I thought I could help.” Adin totally ignored the woman’s warning and sat down beside her.

Odessa sighed and glared at the male. “First off I’m not your honey. Also you’ve got it all wrong. If anyone is bothering anyone here it is you bothering us. Now get away or I’ll make you get away,”like before her tone was cold.

Adin continued to ignore Odessa. He didn’t like the way that other male had been staring at her and the harshness of his voice earlier. Plus he found the woman to be rather attractive. He guessed that she was a Uni too, but he was beginning to have his doubts. The way she spoke and was handling herself seemed different. Though one thing he couldn’t fathom is why someone would threaten him. He was an idol. Everyone knew who he was or so he thought. “Well to anyone else it does look like this guy here is bothering you.” He pointed at Cain as he spoke.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 01-31-2014 at 04:03 AM..

Esmme

Old 01-27-2014, 03:15 AM

Isa's blue eyes lingered on the Pyrate, and she slowly uncrossed her arms. She'd already gathered a few of the items, and was glad to see that the male she'd run in to was also aiding in the process of collecting the scattered oddments.

"You could have been ... more ... attentive." Isa's fiery words lost their spitfire as she finished collecting what she could. The Hatter sighed, and was about to say something else when she was pulled under the awning. "I guess we should. These items are worth more than my house."

Taking them from the male, Isa scowled. Her damp clothing was starting to give her chills. And her temper was so hot, she knew that her shaking wasn't just from the cold. "I was hoping I'd get these to the shop without blemish. Guess they're just dumpster filler now." Looking down at one of the books, she grimaced. It was dripping from one corner, and looked limp.

"Sorry for attacking you like that. I just ..." Isa sighed in defeat, looking irritated. "I spent two weeks getting all this. They were due at the shop tonight, and I don't have much time. They're very valuable." Blue eyes moved over the items in her arms. "Well, they were."

-

Derek slowly looked back to the girl. "Can't help you." The Pyrate seemed content with ignoring Rayn from that point on. He was brusque, and on the verge of being rude. He definitely wasn't the social type.

There was a silence before he finally turned his metallic gaze back to Rayn. "I've heard his name. He's taken a few jobs that many of the others avoided." Derek set his mug down, trying to convince himself that this wasn't going to be so horrible. It was just a conversation. "I've never met him."

She was pretty, this girl. But then again, of course she was. From that delicate look to her, she was a Uni. A striking avatar, but then again, they usually were. Shaking his head, Derek looked down at the four cups in front of him. Maybe this was the sign that it was time to go. People were actually trying to talk to him now. Uni, of all people!

-

“Is that a challenge my dear Cain?”

The male slowly raised an eyebrow, keeping his anger from getting too out of hand. "Everything is a challenge, Odessa." It would indeed be interesting to see if this girl truly could push him to action. As of yet, she had points in her favor. She'd done it once already by pulling him here against his will. All she'd done was challenge him....

Cain clasped his hands and pressed them against his lips. In that one moment of intensity, he'd failed to notice the shifting of the cafe around them. Apparently, they were far too aggressive over in their corner.

His pale eyes burned into the newcomer that sat beside Odessa. Cain's anger rose, made obvious by his tense form and very obvious glare. Adin was most certainly unwelcome here. "Appearance isn't everything, Adin Clark." Cain's expression darkened. "Leave."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-27-2014, 08:08 PM

cobalt blue eyes looked down at the female, a tanned, scarred hand running through long dark brown hair once more before he gave a heavy sigh, smiling to her as if he didn't have a care in the world. "I was reading some directions." he said to her, sighing as he held up the now unreadable instructions that he been trying to make out earlier. He sighed again before chuckling at the fact that she sounded deflated as if all the fire in her had gone out. "I apologize for them getting ruined....but I am sure they could be salvaged. If you just dry them out properly." his voice sounded almost like velvet but there was no denying the husky deepness to it. As it clearly belonged to a male. He looked the girl over once more before blushing slightly as he looked away. She was soaked to the bone, from what he could see and some things were not left to the imagination, seeing as her clothes were clinging to her skin. "Are you sure they can not be saved?" he asked her once more, he didn't have the money to pay for them and he wasn't sure if Rayne would give him the money for something that was both their faults but then again his twin was rather kind and generous. "If you can not save them.....then would you mind coming with me? I can compensate you for the lost....." he said to her as he rubbed the back of his head. For a Pyrate he sure was more relaxed and friendlier then most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh....thank you for answering me though." Rayne said to him as she smiled sweetly, she couldn't help but tense slightly as she looked over to where a commotion seemed to be breaking out before turning away. It was none of her business and besides she was sure that Hotaru would be there soon. Once the male spoke to her again about her twin, a soft, caring, loving smile tugged at her lips as she turned her blue eyes back towards him. Though one was slightly lighter then the other. It was hard to tell if she could see with both eyes, seeing as in her real form she wore an eye patch. "That sounds like Hotaru. He was always flighty, could never stay in one spot but that is what makes him, him." she said as she chuckled fondly, looking back into her cup of coco after her eyes met with the metallic ones. "I see.....Thank you again. I was hoping you did know him. See, I worry about him greatly.....he tends to avoid talking about what he has been up to while he is away. I suppose it is so that I don't worry about him even more." she said softly, her eyes watering up a bit before she blinked them away, smiling once more as if all is well. "Ah! I am sorry. I am just babbling on. Thank you and sorry again for disturbing you." she said to him before she sipped at her drink.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM

Cain had caught Adin a little off guard with his sudden words. The younger man looked annoyed that this man had the nerve to tell him to leave. On top of that saying something as ridiculous as appearance wasn’t everything. He knew there was more, but right now appearance was something that was important for him to get what he wanted. “Looks like I’m over staying my welcome.” The man let out a sigh as he stood up. Before leaving he slipped Odessa a piece of paper and a card. The paper had where his next public appearance was going to be at and the card had his information on it. You know just in case she did have an interest in him. “Farewell my honey. Until we meet again.” Adin really did hope the woman would take interest, but figured he was barking up the wrong tree. He walked away, looking a little wounded that his advances were shot down so thoroughly by the auburn haired woman.

-------------------------

Odessa couldn’t help, but smirk at Cain for the way he treated the younger man. She could have handled it all herself, but apparently Adin was the type to get under Cain’s skin quickly. As the younger man left she unwillingly took what he handed her. “Very much so,” she commented before calling after him. “I’m not your honey and don’t count on it.” The annoyance she felt was showing on her face as she looked back at the man who sat across from her. “Dare I ask how you knew that annoying man’s name?” For a moment her eyes glanced over at the annoying male who had taken a seat at the other side of the café. It would have been fun to put him in his place she mused to herself.

Once more her attention turned to Cain. “That is true. Everything is a challenge, but it’s not always one where all can arise to the occasion of, correct?” The way their conversation was going reminded her of an old quote she had heard when she was younger. It was one of her favorites, though most wouldn’t think it doesn't apply much to the ‘paradise’ that they live in. “You seem the type person who would like this quote from Goethe. ‘We are our own devils; We drive ourselves out of our Edens.’ Am I right?” Her annoyance from the interruption seemed to disappear as she attempted to lighten the mood and continue their previous conversation.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-05-2014 at 03:38 AM..

Esmme

Old 03-24-2014, 03:27 AM

Isa forced a smile in return as the newcomer tried to lighten the mood. How generous of him. Still. Two weeks of travel time with no pay, and now she was returning with trash....

Before her heart could sink again, Isa met the male's eyes. They were strangely soft looking. The Hatter took a step back and looked Hotaru up and down subtly. He was a Pyrate. She could tell because of the set of his shoulders, and how he carried himself. Relaxed, but ready - like a lounging lion, perhaps. The thought made her perk up a bit.

Hotaru's next words caught her attention. "Go with you?" Isa tilted her head and readjusted her hold on the bundle of antiques. "What, are you hitting on me, Pyrate?" With a laugh, she stepped back and shook some water from her face. "I need to dry these off, then I'll let you know if they can be salvaged."

Sighing, Isa moved to step behind Hotaru and squeeze past him in order to continue down the street without stepping into the rain. "I've got a few minutes to get to the shop before it's closed, Hero. Where can I meet you in an hour?" She knew that Hero wasn't his name, but the Hatter had a habit of making up nicknames for the people around her. Hero just seemed to fit.

-

Vos' eyes were locked on the two in the corner as tension built in the room. The Pyrate looked ready to get involved. If anything, he looked eager to get involved. He wouldn't, though. Not when the tension seemed to die down again.

Rayne was going on about how much she worried about her brother. A strange expression came across Derek's face, and he was about to say something equally rude and hurtful about how this little girl shouldn't be worrying when Rayne apologized and returned to her drink.

"Don't worry about him." The words were blunt, and held no semblance of trying to comfort her. "He's a Pyrate. We're built for survivability. Even if he's been going on suicide missions, the death rate is below thirty percent. He'll be fine."

With a quiet sigh, Vos looked back at the cups in front of him. Reaching for one of them, he finished off his cocoa. "I've seen Pyrates survive bombs and warfare. If he's not telling you what he's up to, then it's likely because he doesn't want to relive it." The male looked back to Rayne, looking torn between wanting to walk away and stay long enough to pay the tip.

-

"The most useless surrogate body anyone could wish for," Cain muttered, still leaning his elbows against the table. The fact that Odessa could read him so clearly was irritating. Yes, he gave off a distinctly bothered aura, but Cain had prided himself on being able to keep his calm. Obviously, he wasn't as good at hiding his emotion as he'd thought.

The only part of him that moved was when his eyes darted from the paper in Odessa's hand to meet her gaze. The slightest of smiles appeared, and Cain didn't respond to Odessa's question. How did he know Adin Clark's name? Simple. He'd known his name just as he'd known the cafe owner's name. Or the girl there, named Rayne Lunair. Beside her was Derek Vos. Cain knew their names because ... he knew.

Conversation continued, and Odessa's words made Cain close his eyes in thought. It was true. Everything was a challenge, but not everyone could rise to meet it. Some were too weak. Others were ruled by fear or indecision. Odessa, though ... she was different. Perhaps that was why Cain was so drawn to her. "Correct."

As Odessa gave her quote, Cain tilted his head. Oh, how true it was. Every man drove themselves from their own Eden. He'd certainly done his fair share of abandoning peace. As Odessa's mood lightened, Cain seemed to become more complacent as well. His pale blue eyes harbored understanding - approval, even - for the first time since they'd met.

"Quite right, Odessa. Very good." Cain leaned back, eying the table where Adin Clark sat. "Though on occasion Eden is stolen by the opportunistic." Looking back to his companion, the male sighed quietly. "Finish whatever business you have here." He obviously wasn't fond of the cafe.

((Hmm. I'm thinking I'll wait to have my thief talk to Adin ;)

I'm also thinking that Cain is drawn to Odessa because he doesn't know her name - or didn't know it beforehand. Perhaps it's due to some sort of glitch in the system, or that she simply didn't use her real name when she received her avatar. What do you think, Rose?

And Kilia: We're gonna have to get Derek stuck with Rayne so they have no choice but to get to know one another. >:3 Maybe a collapsed building at the edge of town, or something? Oh mai, what if she follows her brother out on a mission (which is where both Hotaru and Derek will be) and almost gets killed? We could get Rayne and Derek stuck together, and then Hotaru would be all looking for them sadly for a while. D:))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Hotaru was honestly truly sorry that he had ruined her items and really wanted to make up for it even if it meant that he had to borrow the money from his twin. "Yes, as i said before i am meeting my twin at a cafe and she can fully reimburse you regardless of them being salvageable or not." he said to her as his colbalt blue eyes looked over her once more before he tugged his trench coat off his back and tossing it over her, letting it rest on her head. The thing practically swallowed her whole.

"Your mad as a hatter. For if i was hitting on you it would hurt much worse." he said to her as he chuckled at his own joke, finding it very humorus. "Sure, meet me at this cafe." he said to her as he caught her while she was trying to sneak past him, uncovered her arm and wrote the name of the cafe that he would be at on her arm before patting her on the head. "You can return the coat until then keep all your items dry." he said to her as he flashed her a charming smile, letting her wrist go as he moved back towards the direction that he was going, keeping an eye out for the cafe that he had been looking for. Chuckling at the nickname she had given him. Only to stop long enough to see how the hatter was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rayne watched the two in the corner also finding the male attractive but not her type, she turned her eyes back out the window, watching the rain drops trail down the window. Soon her eyes looked towards the pyrate once more, getting a fond smile on her face at the ready for action male next to her. "I try not to worry...but he is still my twin and we are still family so regardless i am going to worry." she said to him as she chuckled, resting her face on her hand as she stirred her hot chocolate with a cinnamon stick before looking back at Derek.

"I take it that you don't have much of a family." she said to him as she looked up once more, her eyes drifting towards the window as she listened to his words. "Thank you. I understand that he doesn't want to talk to me about it or tell me what he is doing. i know Pyrates are built tough to handle anything that is thrown at them, but as a sister....as his only family.....i can't help but worry, you know?" she said softly so that he couldn't really hear her words, after all she got the feeling that he didn't want to be around her anyways. Thosugh it was nice to voice her worries to someone other then her twin who just laughed it off and pat her on the head and call her a worry wort.

(Oh love!!! Your such an evil doll!!! *laughs evilly with you* I love the darling ideas of getting Derek and Rayne stuck together lol after all she is not as helpless as her Uni is lol though she is limited to what she can do because of it lol Hmmm i can imagine explosions and buildings collasping ooo what if they go treasure hunting and get stuck in a cave!!!! so many ideas to make them stuck together lol though it would be like her to follow her brother exspecially after what he did to poor Isa

Oh!!! Esmme: I am thinking about making a hatter!!!!)

Last edited by Kilia; 04-23-2014 at 09:29 AM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-05-2014, 04:39 AM

A smirk crossed Odessa’s lips. She wasn’t sure why, but trying to read Cain was fun. The way he reacted when she was able to read him correctly was delightful. It added another piece to the puzzle that was the man who sat before her. One thing was still left unanswered of the questions she currently held and that was why he allowed her to do as she wished, following him and such. From watching him all this time it was clear that he rarely let his emotions show or let others bother him. Yet he didn’t seem to be as in control when he was with her.

She crumbled the piece of paper in her hand and let it fall from her hand to the table. It was a little strange the see the look had in his eyes as he told her she was correct. “You have a point there.” The opportunistic she thought to herself. In some ways she supposed she could fall into that category. Odessa gave Cain a slight pout. Things were just starting to get fun, especially since they had seemed to disturb most of the café. “Fine,” she sighed, “I suppose you’re not going to answer my question about the name thing. So maybe you’ll answer this last question. I mean really you don’t seem like the type who would want someone following you around, pestering you and such.” She gave him a grin, knowing he could probably guess where she was going with this. “Is there some reason you haven’t told me to get lost or what not? You doing such would make sense.”

The look on her face had become more serious as she watched Cain. Once he answered her she would let him leave if he wished to without her. She wasn’t going to leave until after she met with a new client. After all travelling around with Cain was fun, but she still had to earn a living. It was a little annoying that she was more than likely going to have to go away for a bit and things were just getting interesting too.

((Sounds good Es.

Ooo, I like the idea of he didn’t know her name beforehand. I kind of like the idea of it being because of a glitch in the system, but either reason will work.

Also I’m thinking of making another character, lol.))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 PM

(oops lol wrong rp lol T^T lol)

Last edited by Kilia; 04-09-2014 at 05:59 PM..

Esmme

Old 04-18-2014, 03:21 AM

"... full reimbursement, huh?" Isa paused, and felt a weight settle over her. At first she was a bit startled by the action, but ... it wasn't so bad. The coat that Hotaru tossed over her would keep her dry and protect her armful of items until she reached the shop. It would also give her a reason to return an hour later, as she'd just said she would.

Hotaru's joke made Isabella's grin widen. "Alright," she said, waving an arm at him. "I'll see you later then, hero." The girl was about to leave when her new friend caught her arm. Eyes widening, Isa looked ready to scream ... until she saw the pen in his hand. She was glad it wrote smoothly, for the prick was rather unpleasant in the cold air. It was worth every second of waiting, though.

"Thank you." Isa returned Hotaru's charming smile, and then looked down at the address on her arm. Somehow he'd managed to write it at an angle she could read.

Hotaru started back down the street, and Isa gave the collar of her new coat a tug to keep it over her head. Shifting the load of items in her arms, she sent a final glance at the male before darting down the street again. It was time get in out of the rain and salvage these items. Heck, even if they couldn't be salvaged, it didn't matter. She'd just made a valuable acquaintance....
-

Derek smiled tightly, and nodded to Rayne. She would worry no matter what he told her. That was how family worked. Or, how it was supposed to work. The Pyrate eyed the waitress as she passed the table. Usually she was so attentive....

The male stood, drawing the attention of the closest patrons. He was a fairly large Pyrate, and he was built for physical combat. Derek immediately saw the waitress headed toward him, as though standing had reminded her of his presence. He passed over enough money to pay for the multiple mugs sitting on his table plus some.

"I wouldn't waste your time worrying." Derek pulled on a leather coat that had been sitting on the booth beside him. "You'll waste your life away thinking about something that doesn't deserve so much attention." With that, he left the cafe. The broad-shouldered male stepped out into the light rain with a frown. Had he been rude? Did it matter?

His metallic gaze flickered up just in time. Avoiding Hotaru, he registered the other male as a Pyrate - a potential threat. As he began to walk down the street, Derek realized that the man he'd passed looked just like Rayne. That must have been her twin.

With a mental sigh, the Pyrate continued on down the street. He needed to find something to do. He was just wasting his own life away sitting around and waiting for work. He'd sign up for a partner in the morning. Maybe something would come up.

((YES. Stick them together in a place. >:3 Treasure hunting ... well, hmm. Derek seems the sort to go on mercenary missions to wipe people out as opposed to hunt treasure. ;) Perhaps Hotaru was set on chasing down the guy who had this treasure, and Derek went with him. Then they'd be bounty hunters more like. haha, and it would be great to have an exploding building - a trap meant to kill them off. What do you think of that one?

And a Hatter! :D DO IT. lol))
-

Cain raised both of his eyebrows as though to answer Odessa's question. No, he obviously wouldn't tell her about the names. That was something that was crucial knowledge - very few held the databases of the government in their heads. Of course he knew everyone's names. Cain had constant access to the archives of which avatar belonged to which human being.

Her next question made him smile slightly. "Perhaps I find you interesting." There was a flicker of sarcasm in Cain's voice. "Or perhaps I've been particularly bored with life, and have finally allowed someone to entertain me with their inane questions." The male tilted his head a bit, shrugging. "All fine excuses."

Cain held Odessa's gaze for a few moments before raising an eyebrow. "What? Do you require another answer, Odessa?" He hadn't answered her question, but ... in a way he had. Cain did find Odessa interesting, though not in the "let's be friends" sort of way. She wasn't in the database. That either meant she was purposefully off the grid, or that there was a flaw in the system. Either situation was interesting to Cain. He'd been around for many years, watching the others come and go as frequently as the seasons. Rarely did anything catch his attention. Odessa, though....

"There's something different about you." Cain looked serious. The words were heavy, as though it had burdened him to speak them aloud. They revealed nothing other than the fact that he did indeed have an interest in Odessa.

Cain's blue eyes moved to the Pyrate who left the cafe. Derek Vos. Sad story, that one. Cain's gaze returned to Odessa. "Are you lingering here for a specific reason, or are you just enjoying the dregs of your tea?"

((Another charrie! :3 Do it! LOL, and I'm thinking glitch is totally the reason. If you like the idea, I'm good with it! haha))
-

Sarah Dunmir shifted her bag. The thing was missing one strap and a few pockets, but it was doing alright. It couldn't hold anything heavier than ten pounds, but there wasn't much in it anyway. There was a roll, a few scraps of paper, and some wire that she'd snagged from a stray vendor what he wasn't looking.

The girl avoided bumping shoulders with the surrogates that walked past her. Her arms were already bruised from carelessly walking through the crowd at the live action arcade earlier. Sarah enjoyed the arcade namely because the kids there were rich, and forgot to keep their wallets where they could see them.

Tugging at the rusty brown scarf around her neck, Sarah glanced down. Good. Her coat and scarf hid her tattoos. Any skin markings would label her as an outsider - and that would get her in trouble. The law didn't like it when people didn't play their game. Sarah didn't even exist on the board. As far as the government knew, she was dead. Or, that's what Sarah hoped.

She slipped into the nearest building hoping to avoid the next drizzle. This was all she had to wear for the night, and she wasn't exactly invulnerable to things like pneumonia. Sarah's gaze moved to the surrogates at the tables. They were always so pristine - so beautiful. Sarah was a remarkable human being, but she didn't reach the same level of perfection that each avatar was given.

Sarah looked up, and then around her for some sign. It looked like a cafe. And with the waitress eying her like that, she needed to look casual. Stand out too often, and you become everyone's interest.

"What's your favorite?" Sarah slipped into the chair across from the nearest avatar. It just happened to be Adin Clark (who she obviously didn't recognize). "I've never been here before."

The male opposite the table from her was a Uni, from the exquisite look of him. As much as Sarah had fought against receiving a government-supplied avatar, they were freaking hot. Like this one. His eyes were a bright crystal blue, and so clear they reminded her of the ocean. Or, what the government said the ocean looked like. Did every Uni have hair that looked that soft?

Her plain brown eyes moved to another avatar. She spent so much time avoiding them, it was difficult to see them up close. They really were perfect, weren't they? The Hatters moved with a kind of happy purpose, as though their job was the best thing in the world. The Pyrates were like military men, all of them muscled up and fit. And the Uni? The Uni were practically angelic.

Sarah lowered her head a bit, observing the menu on the table before her. It wasn't intended for her, but it was coming in useful. "Any suggestions?"

Last edited by Esmme; 04-21-2014 at 01:32 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-20-2014, 06:10 PM

Hotaru had chuckled, nodding his head yes in reply to her question, after all he knew how hard it was to make a living though luckily he didn't have much trouble as his twin helped him out when she could. He watched Isabella head to where she needed to go for a few more moments before he he continued on towards the Cafe that he had been looking for.

He couldn't help but smile and chuckle at her calling him hero, he had to admit that it was something different. She intrigued him, not even knowing each others names and yet she dubbed him Hero. He couldn't help the stupid grin on his face as he thought about the Hatter that he had bumped into, not believing the luck that he would find someone like her. He liked her and had hoped that she would show up later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rayne smiled though the worried look on her face did not disappear, she bit her lip and played with the hot coco that was in the mug. She watched
Derek with a well trained eye that said that she been around pyrates a lot. She sized him up as he stood, admitting that with his height and scars attracted her in more ways then one. The only thing is that he clearly showed his disdain for her avatar.

She looked sadly down at the table, placing a hand over one of her eye, which was something that she often did. After all in her human body she was missing the eye. It was a tragic accident that couldn't be stopped no matter how many ways that she thought about it, the only sad thing is that Hotaru was involved yet they were still as close as they ever were.

"....i guess your right......" she said softly to him, the sad look upon her face only made her look even more beautiful then she did normally. "Thank you, soldier." she said to him, not knowing what else to call him, after all they had not exchanged their names with each other. Though secretly she hoped that she would see him again. Watching as he left the Cafe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Dark brown haired male, passed by another pyrate, his hair stood on end as he stopped in his tracks to look back at the male that he passed with his cobalt blue eyes. They narrowed ever so slightly as he sized him up, trying to gauge the threat that he posed to him before he shrugged it off as
Derek had left the scene.

He entered the cafe, looking around the area before he spotted his sister, which wasn't very hard considering the fact that she was similar to how he looked. "Rayne!!!!" he said to her happily as he walked over towards her, hugging her close before he sat down across from her, ordering some coffee, black and asking for an ashtray also. They sat there talking and catching up with each other. Her drinking her hot chocolate while he drank coffee and smoked. He told her about how he applied to have a partner in possibly getting more jobs and that pay more. He took her hand from her face as he ran his thumb across the back of it before reaching forward and hiding her bad eye from sight though in her avatar she was perfect with no flaws. He knew that she could see fine out of it but it still was not the same as being in their real bodies. They continued to talk in quit hushed voices as the let everyone else talk over them. He even told her about the hatter he had ran into, watching as a slight angry look cross her face as she scolded him for not being careful, though the smile tugging at her lips said there was something else she was keeping from him.

(Hmmmm that would be awsome!!!!!!!! I did it!!! hatter in your box)

Last edited by Kilia; 04-23-2014 at 09:30 AM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 04:35 AM

She listened to Cain and his excuses. He was right one was just as good as another. By now she had learned that when the man before her didn’t want her to know the truth he would always avoid the topic or find excuses. Not that she wanted to expect them or him avoiding her questions. A curious look crossed Oddesa’s features when he admitted that he had an interest in her.

Her eyes followed the man’s when he looked away. The male that was leaving was a Pyrate (Derek) that much she knew, but as for who he was she had no clue. For now she would note his face as a possible interest of Cain’s. Getting close to another Pyrate wasn’t something she was comfortable with. There was too much of a risk in her opinion. She had managed to stay hidden for this long and she had no intentions of coming out of hiding. The look she wore changed to one of caution and suspicion.

After a moment the woman turned her attention back to Cain. “Hmm, I wonder,” she said with a laugh and dark grin. “I think you know the answer to that without asking my dear Cain.” Taking a last sip on her tea she let her eyes wonder. She noted the Pyrate (Hotaru) that had entered he looked much like the Uni (Rayne) who he sat with. The fact that there was now a woman sitting with the annoying Uni from before didn’t escape her observation. Now seemed like a good time to leave. At least with Adin’s attention turned to someone else they would be able to leave in peace.

Sitting the cup down Odessa gave the male a smile. “I think it’s time to go. So shall we? You can pick our destination.” She figured that he would probably have no plans of going anywhere else with her. That wouldn’t stop her from following him since right now she didn’t have any jobs to do.

---------

Adin looked at the woman for a moment taking in her appearance. “One of my favorites is the jasmine white tea. It’s very nice if you like white teas.” He assumed that she was probably a Pyrate. It seemed that this café was full of them today.

He flashed one of his famous smiles at her. “My honey I assure you won’t be disappointed by this café. It’s one of this best in the city. At least I think it is.”

He watched her wondering if perhaps she was looking for someone. No, that didn’t matter as it probably wasn’t the case since she said she’d never been here before. “I also recommend their blueberry muffins. They are quite tasty. By the way the name is Adin Clark. May I have the pleasure of yours my honey?”

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-05-2014, 11:35 PM

Tucked away among all the new buildings was a ratty old shop. Well that was how it appeared to the naked eye but to a trained eye it was a nice historical shop that clearly had an apartment above it. As you viewed the place from the outside you would see that the sign had been worn away to where you could barely make out the words Antiques.

The more a person looked at it the more curious they became. One would not be surprise if they saw a white cat making it's way into the store. If you followed it inside you would be surprise to find that the place is not as cluttered as one would first believe when looking at the outside of the place. Everything was clearly displayed with care, there were even things stashed behind glass. Looking around even more you could tell that the inside was in even better shape then the outside appeared. Though the one thing that would catch everyone's eye was a book displayed as the main feature. It was clear that it was not for sell, and that it was very important to the owner of the shop.

A tanned male came walking out from the back, drying his hair off as he looked around with one eye. He had been waiting for Isabella as he had everything set for a nice tea time with her. But she was late, he was waiting to close up, waiting so that they could have a good time with each other. Though a cat meowed, catching the man's attention. He smiled softly as he set a bowl of cat food down on the counter, petting the feline as it jumped up to eat it. He looked outside at the rain falling before he went back to drying his hair off.

Esmme

Old 05-08-2014, 03:37 AM

Cain's gaze flickered to the newcomers in the cafe as he waited for Odessa's response. Hotaru Lunair, twin brother to Rayne Lunair. Another tragic story. The cafe was full of them today, wasn't it?

When his gaze returned to Odessa, he couldn't help but notice the look of wariness in her eyes. Cain smiled, and watched the woman as she began to speak. Of course he knew the answer to his own question. It still amused him to ask, just as the woman's responses continued to amuse him. Perhaps if Cain stayed with Odessa for a longer period of time, the glitch in the system would smooth out. The government was always editing the archives, after all.

Cain's gaze locked on the female (Sarah Dunmir) who entered the cafe. After a few seconds, a frown pulled at his brow. He ... didn't know of her. Her face didn't match the archives. Just as Cain began to sift through the information in depth, Odessa spoke once again. Cain's pale eyes flickered back to Odessa, though it took a moment for him to register what she'd said.

"How generous of you," he said, raising an eyebrow. Cain stood, watching and waiting until Odessa had done the same. "I need information." The statement was sudden, and he offered no explanation. Cain moved toward the door, marking Sarah's face in his mind. He'd look into her existence later. For now, Odessa was his priority.

The tall male stepped into the light rain without pausing, obviously not bothered by the weather. Cain moved through the streets with a determination that cleared the path before him. Others moved out of the way. They walked through the rain for a long while until they reached what appeared to be an alley beside the city's library.

Cain promptly stepped into the alley and started looking at the wall of the building. He searched for a few moments, frowning to himself. As though trying to remember something, Cain paused. His hand slid over the smooth surface of the wall, searching for something unseen. A flash of approval passed over his face as a light glow emanated from within the stone.

The dim light grew brighter as Cain accessed the archives. Palm flat against the wall, he began to search. "You should sit down. This may take a while." As he said so, the rain began to hammer down about them. What a lovely time to be standing in an alley and doing mysterious things.
-

"My honey, hm?" Sarah glanced up and chuckled. As the waitress approached, she swiftly dug out what money she had. For the sake of staying out of the rain and having a hot drink, she could spare it. It was dinner, though. "I'll have your jasmine white tea and a blueberry muffin." The Hatter waitress accepted her payment, and headed back to the counter.

Crisis averted. So far, no one knew she was human.

"Adin Clark," Sarah smiled a bit. She'd seen his name somewhere. Somewhere. "Nice to meet you." She hesitated when he asked for a name. "Sarah."

Looking at the Uni, she found herself staring at his hair. Seriously. That wasn't possible. Before she could think twice, Sarah reached forward and felt some of Adin's hair. "It's just as soft as it looks," she muttered. With a laugh, she realized what she'd done. "Don't mind me. My friends joke about me being raised in the wilds." If she had any friends, anyway.

Waiting for her food, Sarah looked down at the table in silence. "Why is your name familiar to me, Adin?" If she didn't keep the conversation going, he might notice her lack of perfection. Or even her smell. A human carried a different scent than a surrogate - Sarah happened to carry the lingering scent of earth and pine. It was a wild smell, and not at all like the surrogates that surrounded them.
-

Isabella pushed the door to the shop open with her foot. The coat had started to slip, and the rain was pouring now. "I'm so sorry, Ari!" The girl let the coat drop behind her, unable to keep hold of it any longer. Isa almost dropped her armful of things, and barely made it to the wooden counter in time. "I ran into someone, and I didn't mean to keep you waiting. You could have closed up shop without me."

She said as much, but Isabella truly appreciated Arix's generosity. Tossing her dusty-brown hair from her eyes, the woman smiled at her friend. "Thank you, Ari. I know I keep you waiting all the time. I don't know how you still like me." She looked over the male's dark hair and pristine features. They were both Hatters, and shared a profession. There was nothing more exciting that could have drawn them together. She considered Arix to be one of the best people in the world - she'd always liked him. For a long while now, she'd wondered if she liked him as a friend, or something more. It was becoming difficult to tell.

Looking into his multicolored eyes, Isa smiled warmly. She could smell the tea he'd prepared. There was a lot of spice in hers, just as she liked it. He knew so much about her. What on earth would she do without him?

"I brought you everything I could find." Isabella gestured to the damp books, clock, and other objects that she'd managed to bring. "The books are wet. I dropped them in the street after some guy stepped in front of me." Her mind went to Hotaru. He had such chiseled features. Was that even possible for a Pyrate? And dear skies, he'd been so solid when she rammed into him. The muscle definition in his arms was incredible....

She cleared her throat and looked back to the antiques. "I think the collectors will pay quite a bit for some of it." Isabella's hand stretched forward to stroke the cat who munched away at it's food. "Your eye always was better than mine, Ari. What do you think?"

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-09-2014, 11:28 PM

(Esmme: did you forget us in the excitement?)

The male looked up at hearing the bell ring when the door was kicked open, he was expecting a costumer to be there but instead it was none other then Isabella a smile slid onto his face as he looked her over with his blue and red eyes. He couldn't help but feel his heart swell with the sight of her. He moved over to swipe the coat up off the floor, hanging it off to the side so that the water could drip off of it in a safe location. "ISA!!" he said to her in greeting, he smiled as he went over towards her and hugged her, he had been worried about her.

He then took the towel off his head and plopped it onto her head so that she could dry her own hair. "Hey we opened this place together so why would I close it with out you here?" he asked her as he chuckled, going over to the door to finally close the shop up, even cleaning up the water that had gotten every where from her. "There is some clothes for you to change into in back.....along with well lunch for the most part." he said to her before he laughed, rubbing the back of his head before he pulled a cloth out so that she could spread the items that she had collected across it.

"Hey we have known each other for a long time so why wouldn't i like you?" he said to her as he chuckled, pulling out several kits, smiling back at her when their eyes met. He pet the cat once more before pushing it aside slightly so that he could have more room to work on. He spread the objects out on the table, giving a sad look at the objects.

"What happened to you?!?!?" he spoke to the items as if they were hurt and injured cats, even stroking them softly, yes he was getting emotional over old world objects. "Should have made the guy pay." he grumbled after hearing what had happen to them. He pulled some items out of one of the boxes so that he could carefully take the books apart. Laying each page out carefully so that they could dry properly. He was lucky that his grandfather had taught him how to take care of such objects.

"Hmmm maybe.....i have to clean them up first and make sure everything works and that they are not to badly damaged." he said to her as he went to work on the objects, chuckling to himself. He then moved to the clock, careful to take it all apart and clean the pieces with one of his many other kits. One good thing about being a hatter is that he didn't need to use special glasses to see the smaller pieces.

"Go get cleaned up and eat. While i take care of these." he said to her as he waved her off, basically his way of making her take care of her self, he couldn't exactly tell her to go and get cleaned so that she wouldn't get a cold. Yes he cared deeply about her, maybe he cared more for her then a friend should have but he never let his thoughts linger on his feelings for to long. He never even thought about how his words or actions would affect the people that he directed them towards either.

(the twins are just talking for now)

Last edited by Kilia; 06-06-2014 at 06:13 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-17-2014, 03:07 AM

She stood and gave Cain a strange look when he said he needed information. She was curious as to what kind of information he wanted. Had he finally caught onto her? No, he obviously hadn’t figured her out yet from what he said earlier. That is what was bothering him. It was clear to her in his actions. Odessa was going to have to figure out a way to deter him from looking for the truth. The truth would only bring trouble.

“Dare I even ask what kind of information you are looking for?” Odessa questioned him she followed the man. She paid her bill before stepping out into the rain to catch up with Cain. This was one of the few times she had ever seemed him so determined. He had also reminded quiet, not offering up an answer to her question.

How strange she thought to herself as they entered the alley beside the library. Odessa watched Cain while he seemed to search for something on the wall. Letting out a heavy sigh she took a seat on an empty crate. “Sure there isn’t anything I can do to help make this go quicker? I mean I like the rain and all, but sitting in a heavy down pour isn’t exactly my idea of fun.”

If should could get him to tell her what he is searching for then maybe she could help. Or hinder if the reason was her. No one needed to know about the past. Dragging up things was highly unnecessary.

The thought of Cain searching for information on her alerting the government about her and where she was made her uneasy. She shifted on the crate fiddling with bracelets. It was a nervous habit she had.

-----------------

Adin gave the woman another smile. “Nice to meet you Sarah.”

He chuckled at her when Sarah touched his hair and commented on it. Woman could be so funny sometimes. “Thank you my honey.”

Adin’s gaze followed Cain and Odessa as the pair left together. He sighed slightly. So much for hoping to talk to that woman again. He doubted she would take him up the offer he gave her earlier. No matter. Another woman had taken interest in him and she wasn’t too bad looking either.

“That would probably because I’m an idol. I’m famous for my singing and modeling.” He looked her over again. Her scent was different, but not one that was totally unpleasant. She smelt of the forest, a place he rarely visited. “So tell me my honey what brings you to this city? Is there a Pyrate convention or something?” He laughed lightly at his last question.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-17-2014 at 03:15 PM..