Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-21-2014, 11:58 AM

(Esmme: I feel sad about this, I know your busy and the new rps are exciting but our lovelies over here are being a bit neglected take your time with replying but I wanted you to know that we have not forgotten it is your turn and I wanted to know if you had heard from deamon35 as I have not and am truely worried for her )

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 06-23-2014, 04:06 AM

((Sorry, Kilia. *replies*))

Isabella smiled as Arix approached and wrapped her in a hug. He had such an excellent personality. He was so friendly. It was one of the many things she loved about him. And there he was picking up everything she dropped! He was definitely a better person than she was. With a laugh, Isa felt a towel land on her head. "Thanks, Ari."

As she began to rub her hair dry, Isa's blue eyes filled with laughter. "At least let me turn off the sign, then. If we're going to close this place together, it shouldn't mean you're doing all the work." The Hatter set her towel aside and headed over to flip the sign off and lock up the front door. "I'll change when we're done." Isa said nothing about how she felt whenever Arix did this. He always put such care into keeping her comfortable. He even had clothes in the back for her....

"Do I smell that bad?" she grinned, laughing as her friend shooed her away. "Alright, Ari. I'll get cleaned up. And that tea smells so good, I could drink an entire pot of it."

Isa stepped into the back room as Arix started inspecting the items. She changed as quickly as being damp would afford, enjoying the loose-fitting pants and shirt immensely. The fabric was soft and flowing, just as she liked it. Arix knew her well. Almost too well, really. Isa returned to the counter where her fellow Hatter was toying with the new items with a mug of tea and a plate of food. It was her favorite kind of sandwich - turkey and cheese.

"I thought the clock would fetch a pretty penny because of the woodwork on the sides," she said through a mouth full of lunch. Isabella smiled a bit, then fed a piece of turkey to the cat who managed to work its way up to her while she leaned against the counter.
-

You wouldn't want to know what kind of information I seek. Cain might not have answered Odessa's question verbally, but mentally he made note of it. As his hand lingered against the glowing panel of the library, Cain's pale blue eyes stayed locked on a distant point. His gaze flickered as though he were reading, or looking through a file.

"You can help by staying silent." Cain's gaze slowly moved back to the woman, and he searched her face. His stare was analytical, slow, and logged every detail of her. If there was something about her in the system, he would find it. There had to be something.

As the rain continued to fall, it didn't seem to bother the male. Neither did the fact that this obviously sketchy act of pulling information from the library's archives was not authorized by the government. Cain finally drew his hand back, looking as passive as ever. He stepped past Odessa's crate, ignoring her as he moved out of the alley. He actually waited for her to catch up, the neutral expression on his face slowly forming into a curious one.

When she caught up to him, the tall male looked at her closely. "Why aren't you in the system, Odessa?" His gaze was searching, and nearly intrusive as he looked her up and down. With a quiet sound of irritation, Cain turned his gaze elsewhere. "Come with me." Again, he moved on. This time, he seemed determined to reach his own home. It was a small place, and he never stayed in one place for long, but this one was fitting. Quiet. Out of the way. Unnoticed.

Cain, as usual, didn't bother to see if Odessa had followed him. He counted on her curiosity to prompt her onward. If she didn't follow, he knew where to find her.

The door to his current residency was that of an upstairs apartment. It had an old fashioned lock that didn't require a retina scan or any kind of identification test. Instead, the door opened after Cain inserted a key and gave it a twist. Stepping into the dimly lit living area, his cold eyes scanned everything. Nothing had changed. There were a few pieces of furniture, and a lamp in the far corner. Two chairs, a small table, a stand for the lamp.... nothing else. In the room there was a bed - though it didn't take a trained eye to realize it hadn't been used in months.

Cain slowly breathed in the scent of slight musk. It reminded him of old books. It wasn't his smell, but that was certainly what this place smelled like. His analytical mind wondered what Odessa could pick up on. What scent did she smell? Cain blinked the thought away and focused on her once again. His gaze was unblinking, and it gained intensity the moment the door closed behind her.

"No one knows your face, Odessa. Why is that?"

He stepped toward her deliberately, wondering if she'd back away.
-

"Singing and modeling?" Sarah's brows raised, and she smiled a bit. "Well, then I should have brought something to take a picture." Granted, some avatars merely had to tell their own eyes to record what they saw so they could review it later.....

Sarah would have fidgeted uncomfortably if not for Adin's question. "Perhaps. Why would a strange girl come to a strange city?" Leaning forward, she rested her chin on the heels of her hands. Looking up at Adin, the girl realized that she missed talking. She missed having conversations with people, and the friendships that came so easily to her. All of that was gone now. This ... this was something she no longer had.

"Is there a convention, dear idol? Is it adventure, or knowledge?" Sarah began to smile again, wondering if Adin would play along. Would he start fantasizing with her? She'd done this sort of thing with her friends when they were children all the time. "Maybe this girl is in a strange city because she wanted to meet someone famous, or see her family?"

((What if Adin and Sarah knew one another as kids? >___>))

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-23-2014, 05:29 AM

Odessa let out a sigh as it seemed that Cain wasn’t going to tell her anything as usual. It annoyed her because really she didn’t need him trying to look into information regarding her. “Fine, fine…do what you want.” She waved her hand at him as she spoke.

While he did his searching she sat there in silence with her chin resting in her hand. They were both getting soaked, not that Cain seemed to care. The thought of just wandering off crossed her mind a few times as she waited for him to finish. When the man was finally finished he just moved passed her, ignoring her.

The woman looked at him curiously as he existed the alley then waited for her. Odessa moved slowly at first to catch up to him. Standing next to him she found him looking at her closely again. This made her feel a little uncomfortable. Did he know?

“What do you mean? Of course I’m in the system. Everyone with an avatar is.” She acted as natural as she could while answering his question. Hopefully he would believe her words, but somehow she doubted it. The thought of just turning around and running crossed Odessa’s mind as Cain walked away from her.

Due to her own curiosity and the fact that she was annoyed at being soaked from the rain all because of Cain’s sudden need to search for information about her she decided to go with him. The woman remained silent the entire way. In her mind she was trying to think of a way to get him to stop searching for information on her. If the government found out then both of them would be in big trouble. That was one thing she didn’t want.

Cain’s apartment was rather simple she thought as she looked about. Clearly it hadn’t been used in a while from the slight musky smell that it had. The scent of musk reminded her of old books or of the forest. Something told her that right now she might be safer in the forest then with this man.

Her gaze met with his unblinking one. Once again he brought up the fact that she wasn’t in the system. Why couldn’t he just leave it alone? “Again with this?”

When Cain stepped towards her Odessa fought the urge to step back, but she stood her ground. No, she wasn’t going to let him intimidate her. He wasn’t going to get any answers from her.

“I’m sure you must be mistaken my dear Cain. There is no way that I could not be in the system. Like I said before everyone is in there. It wouldn’t make sense for a person such as myself not to be.” Her voice quivered slightly at first, but once she started talking it stopped. Her words gradually being filled with more confidence. “Maybe the government is updating some stuff so it seems like there is a glitch and not everyone is showing up in the archives?” This only one of possible reasons she could come up with to use to throw the man off track.

The longer she stood there staring up at him the more Odessa felt like she should leave. That if she stayed here too long with Cain it wouldn’t be safe. She had no doubt in her mind that he would try to force the information he wanted out of her using whatever means necessary. The thought frightened her a little.

((OMG, that would be kind of freaky and cool.))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-26-2014, 11:26 PM

(it is fine it is just that it had been over a month since your last reply is all *pets* and we are all excited about the new rp but since we all have to wait might as well continue with our previous rps lol though we should do a side story with just the three of our characters!!!! but if we did that then secrets would come out to soon)

Airx smiled to her in reply to her saying thanks, as he often did when she tracked in water, he had made sure that all the water was cleaned up so as that none of his precious antiques would get ruined. He patted the top of her head, as he chuckled softly to himself. He looked up at the words she spoke to him, tilting his black head to the side as he thought her next words over. "Be my guest, love." he said as he grinned, teasing her as he motioned for her to finish closing up.

He greatly cared about Isabella though it was hard to tell if it was as more then friends or as just friends only, considering they have known each other for a while. He snorted slightly in reply, as he often did, he was getting wrapped up in his work, which was clear by the concentration on his face. He glanced up at her. "And what? Catch a cold? Are you purposely trying to get sick to the point i have to take care of you?" he said to her as he reached over and poked her forehead, a crooked smile upon his face.

"Hmm smell....I don't know who you bumped into but you smell like a musty wet library." he didn't mean it as an insult but it could be taken that way by the tone of his voice which wasn't exactly kind as he focused on his work even more. "Well then it is a good thing i made an entire pot." he said to her, he couldn't help the laugh that escaped his lips, his two different eyes showing the amusement that he always seemed to feel when around the female.

Arix or Felix as he really prefers to be called looked back up as Isabella entered the room, he stared at her for a few moments before looking back at the clock in his hands that he was delicately cleaning and making sure it was in working order. He only allowed Isa to call him Ari though. "What would we do without each other." he mumbled to himself as started to put the now dry and cleaned clock back together.

"You did a very good job with the items....though some of them may not be salvageable but we shall see. With this clock though....we should be able to take a week off." he said to her as he grinned even more, holding it up so that she could now get a better look at the intricate detail on it."We can easily get half a million for this minimum." he said, his way of letting the female know that she has done a good job finding this little jewel. He wondered for a brief moment on how she came across it but then he just brushed it out of his mind seeing as he knew that Isa did her job well.

Esmme

Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 AM

((*bashfully smiles* Es needs to stop joining rps. Forever. These need my attention. I'm so bad at saying no.... D: But thank you for your reminders. I appreciate it, and really dont' want it to look like I don't care about some threads. I have so many, that they get lost in the shuffle if I don't reply immediately. Sadly, Es gets too excited and reads the posts while on break at work, and then doesn't remember to post when she gets home.

Also: No, I haven't heard from Dae. :C I'm still hoping she's alright. Likely, life got busy, and she got out of the habit of doing Mene - or she lost internet access, and now has difficulty getting online due to never sitting down for Mene specifically. I wouldn't worry too much - but well-wishes and prayers never hurt. Hope she's alright. ))

The smell of musty wet books wasn't so bad. When her friend mentioned she smelled of it, Isa grinned. Coming from Arix, it wasn't really an insult. It meant he was off and busy with his work again. Look at him! The dark-haired male was so engrossed by the old world objects.

She sat at the counter and continued to watch Arix as he inspected the objects. The clock was a mutual fascination of theirs, apparently. Especially after her comment about the woodwork. It was beautiful - there were vines and trees, branches and roots ... possibly even a few animals lost in the tangle of detail.

Every once in a while she felt Arix's eyes on her, but that didn't seem to bother her much. In fact, she was used to it. It felt familiar, and soft - like the warmth of a dog when it pressed against one's legs, or the touch of the sunlight coming through a window in the evening. Arix was loyal, and a comfort. Hearing his muttered question about being without one another made Isabella frown slightly.

"What would we do without one another? Die of colds and work ourselves to death." She nodded and smiled a bit, loving the amusement in his multi-colored eyes. Still ... the question lingered in her mind after he'd muttered it. What would she do without Arix? He was so familiar to her; he was a piece of her life. Somehow, the picture of the stranger she'd run into on the street popped into mind. What an inconvenient time for that....

She banished the thought the moment Arix applauded her skill in tracking down the bounty. "Thank you. I worked hard to track some of it down." Isa didn't elaborate. Despite the government-enforced peace, there was still the risk of crime. She didn't exactly do anything illegal to get the old world items, but Isa knew she rode the edge between right and wrong when relieving people of their artifacts. "That clock was a killer. I wouldn't stop badgering the man till he sold it to me. Grumpy old fart, despite the fact that he looked like a college athlete."

Isa's grin widened at the mention of the price. She wasn't good at pricing - that was often Arix's job - but she knew value when she saw it. "Half a million," she said, tossing nearly dry hair from her eyes. "I like that number." Reaching across the counter, she touched the carvings on the side of the clock. "At least it wasn't ruined by the rain."

She glanced up at Arix, and slowly smiled again. Her fingers moved to press gently between his eyebrows. "You get this little crease whenever you think too hard." Isa slowly raised her eyebrows. "I think it's time for some tea. For both of us, not just me. You've been at this all day. When you're done here, we should read."

Reading was something Isa enjoyed, and often she would read aloud to her friend. When she was finished, he'd read to her. Or, that was what she expected, anyway. Sometimes it didn't happen that way, but that didn't bother Isabella. Not much bothered her when it came to Arix.
-

"Again?" Cain's pale blue eyes filled with a scorn. "Yes. I haven't received my answer." Of course he was bringing it up. A flicker of arrogance entered the male's expression, but he pushed it away as he took another step toward her. They were inches away from one another now. Looking down at the woman, Cain listened to Odessa's words.

"They miss nothing,"
Cain's expression was knowing as he continued, "about new surrogates. There is no single server to update the information on - it would be foolish to store all the data in one place. It is not confined to a single building, but to multiple hubs." He knew so much about them ... more than any other avatar. He'd been theirs for years, after all. A flicker of hatred entered his cold gaze. It wasn't directed at Odessa, but she certainly would feel it.

"You are not in the system." Cain's statement was final. With the impossible fact that he'd just been sucking information from the archives, he seemed sure of himself. No one could do what he had just done. No one had access to all the files he did, and no one knew how to siphon like he'd done in the alley.

As the woman before him began to grow tense, Cain slowly forced a slight smile. "They say they don't have glitches." But the government was wrong. Cain was a glitch. Was it possible that Odessa was as well? Did that ... matter? Yes, it did. If she was a glitch, then she was far more useful to him than a closely monitored surrogate body in the clutches of the government.

Cain slowly stepped back, observing Odessa's discomfort. He noted it - she was wary of this topic.

"You did as I asked, Odessa." His voice lilted in amusement. "You followed a stranger to his home ... because he commanded it." Cain seemed ready to smile as he turned toward the small kitchen area. There were no dishes. No food, no drink, no towels or signs of living ... Cain didn't require anything. Even the other surrogates needed to eat and drink. Not Cain.

"I applaud your bravery, even if it was foolish." Sometimes he enjoyed pushing just to see how she'd react. He'd guessed wrong this time.

Cain opened a cupboard and withdrew a silver box. Unlatching it, the male didn't seem to care if Odessa witnessed his actions or not. Lifting one of the delicate-looking syringes, Cain eyed it in a calculating manner. Flexing his fist, the male injected himself with what looked like liquid ice - it was the same color as his eyes. The slightly metallic liquid entered his bloodstream, though Cain didn't seem effected by whatever it was.

He didn't explain what he was doing as he placed the syringe in the case and closed it again. Cain frowned as he fixed the latch and slid the small case back into the cupboard. It was always cold after that initial injection. Perhaps he should have waited until she'd left. It was only logical that he take the serum the moment he was able ... but perhaps it would have been wise to delay until he was alone.

With a scowl, Cain brushed past Odessa and stepped into the small living area. He sat in one of the chairs carefully, as though unsure if he would stumble. He didn't seem to be having any adverse reactions....

((Good. >:3 Then Sarah and Adin were childhood friends till the age of 18. *nods* *checks ages* Adin turned 18 and got his avatar when Sarah was 16. It's possible that she still knew him, but had very little contact with him between those two years. Then she just disappeared.

Hmm. She'd recognize his name.... unless he chose a new name when he changed bodies? Or she may have been hit in the head in the struggle to escape the governmental rules about needing a new body. haha))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-11-2014, 03:14 AM

(well i hope it is just life getting in the way for her

yes es the more you join the more forgetful you get hun)

His one blue eye closed as he analyzed the antiques even more with his red one, a smile tugged at his lips as he looked up at what he considered his faithful companion, Isa. Only the red eye showing as his dark hair made it stand out even more.

He was completely aware of her watching him, as she often did, it never bothered him considering the fact that it was a learning opportunity for her. Though he never would let her practice what she learned on objects themselves but in fact on much cheaper objects that one could get anywhere. That way if she screwed up it was not on a valuable object that could possibly put them out of business for ruining.

"Isa!!" he exclaimed excitedly to her as he turned quickly, only to knock over the cup of tea that she had brought over to drink. He cried out as he tried his best to protect the objects from the hot liquid. Once it was cleaned up, he quickly looked over everything in the vicinity once more to make sure that all was well before he sighed in relief.

"Talk about a close call." he said to her with a laugh, rubbing the back of his black head, before he picked the clock up once more so he could point out what he had found on it. Oh how the thrill and excitement coursed through his body at doing his job, he loved it so much that it showed on his face. This time, being more careful of other objects and the feline, he stood next to her, showing the intricate details to her.

"You see this, here and here?" he said to her softly, so close to her that his breath could brush against her skin as he spoke. "According to my research....this is what they call a unicorn, this one is what they call a fairy and this tangle almost scaly mass almost looks like a sleeping dragon!! This could be bigger then we thought!!" it was clear by his tone of voice that he could barely keep his excitement concealed but that was okay, the blonde haired female knew him better then anyone, that is what good friends are for after all.

He snorted slightly when she had answered his question about being without each other, honestly he could not even fathom a life without Isabella in it, after all they have know each other for so long that it was as if they were family. He couldn't help but laugh at her reply after all it was a very honest one that was based on facts of accidents in the past.

"Well luckily we have each other then." an amused smile upon his perfect face, he was no Uni or a pyrate but he was pretty handsome and had enough muscle definition to make him attractive to others. Sometimes the naive ones would mistake him for one of the others classes, which didn't bother him though sometimes he swore it got under his partner's skin more so then his.

"Hopefully it wasn't to much trouble." he said to her as he set the items down, running a gloved hand over the book pages to check and see how dry they were before he promptly striped his hands naked. "I can see why he wouldn't let it go so easily. Might have to go back and give him a bit more money to ease my conscience if it pays out more then what I think.....Heck I may not even let it go myself." he said as he ruffled her hair, laughing once more, she sure did know how to amuse him.

A scowl crossed his face as his eyes narrowed at her next word, pulling a piece of cloth over the clock in a protective manner, it was clear that he was very protective of every object that was in there. "If the rain had ruined it then you would have to track that man down and make him pay for it." he said to her in a slight growl, his free hand clenched while the other one rested gently on the top of the covered clock.

The harsh look on his face soften at the sudden poke at his forehead, which caused him to look up at her finger before looking her over. "And here I thought you found my thoughtful face sexy." he said to her teasingly as he gave a pout though it was completely lost on her. He picked up the feline and placed it across his shoulders, scratching its' head as it purred.

"That sounds like a plan to me. Ah you know I love this job." he said to her with a smile, carefully taking a much newer book off one of the shelves as he headed back towards the back room to have tea with her. Yawning slightly as he opened it, flipping through the pages of it as he sipped at a freash cup of tea, eatting his finger sandwiches which were peanut butter, mayo and banana. Just the way he liked it.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 07-15-2014, 06:13 AM

“That’s right.” The girl had caught Adin’s attention. She was strange, but after she started speaking something seemed almost familiar about her. He pushed the notion aside. There was no way he knew this woman, was there? They had just met, he was sure of it.

He watched her curiously. “There are many reasons why they would.” His comment to her question was casual. While she continued to he took a sip of his own tea.

“None that I know of, but who knows?” Her next question seemed strange, but the male decided to play along. “Knowledge, but possibly both.” After a few moments what she was doing reminded him of a game he used to play when he was young. How nostalgic. “I think the girl is in a strange city because she needed change and she just happened to run into someone famous.” Grins slightly at her.

“Though what is the boy doing in the city? Is he really here for a concert or is he trying to hide?” Adin’s eyes met Sarah’s as he waited for her answer. “What lies ahead, adventure or fate?”

-------------------------

The woman watched Cain as he continued and took another step towards her. She stood her ground, unwavering. At this point she was being stubborn and foolish. All of her instincts told her that he was dangerous and if she dared to push him she might end up in bad shape. Never the less she wasn’t about to back away from him or to show him just how uncertain and afraid she felt at this moment.

“So they say. Besides I didn’t say that everything was on a single server or confined to a single building. To think so would be naïve and foolish.” An annoyed look crossed her features. Staring up at him she could feel the hatred in his cold gaze. Odessa didn’t think it was directed towards her, but towards the government. This seemed interesting, she’d have to tuck away this bit of knowledge for later.

Anger flared in her golden eyes as she continued to gaze up at Cain. “There is no reason for me not to be in the system.” Her words were cold. She was through talking about this. This topic needed to be dropped.

“Of course they are going to say they don’t have glitches. It’s the government, they wouldn’t want people to know about the glitches.” Her words rang all to true in her mind. The government didn’t like glitches. If they had their way about it she’d be dead right now. She was lucky to still be alive.

Her eyes followed Cain as she stepped back. She wondered if he had noticed her discomfort, her wariness, and her fear of this topic.

A hint of fear shone in Odessa’s eyes momentarily when Cain changed the topic. He was now making fun of her, trying to push her again. “You’re a real ass sometimes Cain. As for me following you here, whatever. I can take care of myself. The intimidation tactics were a nice touch though, you should try them on a different Pyrate though.” Her words were filled with anger as she spoke. How dare he treat her this way. She wouldn’t deny that it was foolish to follow him to his home, but she needed to get him to stop searching for information on her.

Cain moved away and seemed to be doing something. Curious she watched him as he injected a strange liquid into his arm. She didn’t question him about it, just observed him. He nearly knocked her down when he brushed past her to get to a chair. The man seemed unsure, but she could have been wrong. Still feeling annoyed she turned to leave. Their conversation about her existence was over as far as she was concerned.

“I’m only going to tell you this once Cain. Stop looking for me in the system. Whether I’m there or not, whether it’s a glitch or not doesn’t matter. Nothing good ever comes for searching for a glitch. If you don’t stop looking you better be ready to face the consequences.” Her voice was stern with a hint of hatred. The woman turned and headed for the door. It was time to leave.

Esmme

Old 07-17-2014, 02:59 AM

A yelp left Isabella's lips the moment her friend turned to her in excitement. She reached for the cup of tea, but Arix had already knocked it over. Eyes wide, the woman swiftly reached for the towel that had been sitting nearby. Stamping out the puddle of tea before it had time to spread, the Hatter only calmed down once Arix seemed to let the near-disastrous moment pass. If he was calm, she could breathe easy.

Isa leaned closer to the clock, watching her friend as he pointed out the details. "A unicorn," she repeated, smiling. "You see those in your books all the time." Her blue eyes moved up to Arix's multicolored ones, and she started when she realized how close they were. Then again, she'd already known when his warmth brushed her cheek. "Dragons and unicorns? I can't believe this just showed up."

The woman was grinning by the time Arix finished his explanation of the creatures fixed into the woodwork. He was so endearing when he looked like that. He was so excited, and his features grew more animated than she'd ever seen them. Isabella tossed some blonde hair from her face as she noted Arix's happiness. It wasn't obvious, exactly. In fact, others might not have noticed how much he cared about the clock. Isabella knew Arix well. She knew that the slight shift in his eyes meant he was excited, or the way his voice sped up just slightly meant he was interested. It was all in the little things.

Isabella blinked when Arix mentioned having trouble getting the clock. "Oh, no. He relented after I promised to stop by if I ever found a copy of his favorite book." She wrinkled her nose. "I haven't seen War and Peace in years, but ... you never know." She grinned, and nudged Arix's arm. "Don't be so eager to give away the money. He let it go, remember? It's ours now to do with what we please." Her expression shifted to one of laughter as he ruffled her hair.

"Your thoughtful face is cute,"
Isa backtracked with her words about his thoughtful expression. The blonde quickly finished off her sandwich as her feline friend was lifted onto Arix's shoulders. "It's when you get really into your work that I start to think you need a break. You take it so seriously. I guess that's something I can only appreciate from afar."

Isabella followed Arix to the back room and poured herself another cup of tea. She waited till Arix was comfortable before stealing the book from him and clearing her throat. "I start first, remember?" With that, she began her story. This one was about a village girl and a terrible beast in a castle.

((I'm guessing we should let the night pass, and Isa can go run into her lovely Pyrate friend again? And we can get everyone involved once more! lol))
-

"Adventure or fate? Difficult to tell." Sarah grinned as the Uni went along with her little game. It was one she hadn't played in years - at least two years now. She nodded as she considered Adin's suggestions as to why she was in the city, but didn't choose one. Instead, she smiled as the Uni went on to list his own questions.

"A hiding idol," she said with a smirk. "That's not something you see every day." Her brown eyes flickered down as she realized she was staring. Wouldn't want to look too long. She saw perfection, but Adin's keen eyes might pick up on her human flaws. Her eyes didn't hold the same shine as those of a surrogate body, for example.

"I guess we'll never know why the girl and the boy are in the city. There are far too many options for mere guessing." The woman nodded to the waitress as her tea and muffin arrived, and hungrily began to eat and drink. She still needed to find more food before heading back out of the city. Too bad she'd just spent the last of her coin.

Try as she might, Sarah couldn't exactly slow down her eating. She was far too hungry. "Do you have any singing gigs coming up soon?" she asked through a mouthful of muffin. With a slightly appalled look, the girl looked down until she swallowed. "I may not be in town for long, but you never know. I might be able to stay." She liked this Uni. He spoke to her as though they were equals, as though he didn't care if she were an avatar or not. Granted, it would have been a different story if he'd known she were human....

By leaning forward slightly, Sarah's scarf shifted to reveal part of the tattoo at her neck. That was something most surrogates didn't have, as it was seen as "marring the skin." Really, it was just the government asserting their authority, but hey. Whatever they wanted to tell the public seemed to be just fine.
-

Oh, he'd truly misjudged her actions. Cain had thought that Odessa would cower; that she would flee. Instead, the woman held her ground. She was a brave one, this girl. That brought a smile to Cain's face.

“There is no reason for me not to be in the system.”

"Of course not." From his place in the living area, Cain chuckled quietly. "Just as there are no glitches, there is no reason for your absence from the system." His pale gaze moved to the woman as she stood in the entryway, still where he'd left her. One eyebrow lifted slowly as she began to spit angry words at him.

"Intimidation works on most, even Pyrates. One merely has to find the correct weakness to apply pressure to." The dark-haired male felt a smile tug at his lips as Odessa called him an ass, and began to get flustered. This was a different reaction than he'd expected, but it was something he knew how to deal with.

"You're leaving?"
Odessa was stepping toward the door, and her voice carried hatred as she told him to stop looking. "And here I thought you'd be curious as to why I'm looking for a glitch. Aren't you always looking, wondering who I am, and why I find you so interesting?" Cain let his slight smile widen. "You're so curious, yet when someone applies pressure to you, you break." The words weren't said with emotion, or to provoke her to anger - they were said in the same cold tone Cain used whenever he observed something.

"You are welcome to stay, Odessa."
His blue eyes were bright now. Glowing, perhaps? It could have been a trick of the light. "Don't let my abrasive demeanor frighten you." Cain leaned back in the chair, looking more relaxed than she'd ever seen him. "You've known me long enough to realize I don't soften my actions when I seek something out."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-05-2014, 05:12 AM

Arix was relieved that nothing had gotten wet or damage from the tea he had spilled, though it had left Isa without any to drink, lucky for him she was the forgiving type. It took a lot for him to calm down over such an exciting find, but he did it none the less. Nodding his head at her words before laughing, which was deep and a bit hearty. "I do see them in my books all the time but this....this is hand crafted and made out of wood which is much harder to do as one little mistake can ruin it all. Unlike a picture that can easily be fixed with a stroke of a brush." he said to her as he patted the top of her head, he was used to being close to her as they often were.

Though he blushed slightly when he realized his breath was brushing against her skin much like how her's was doing to him. It was more for the fact that he suddenly became conscious that she was a female, though he already knew that but still she was attractive and the situation could turn romantic if he was that type of person to be romantic.

On many occasions people thought them to be lovers, which they were not, he never entertained the idea except on a few occasions such as now when he is made aware of the fact that he could just kiss her, but that may ruin their friendship and he did not want that. "War and Peace huh?" he mumbled the words to him self as he rubbed at his chin, which had a stubble of growth on it, which he liked the fact that his avatar grew hair much like his real body did.

He laughed as he ruffled her hair some more. "That he did, that he did. Since this is valuable.....I think we can lock up the shop for a while as i personally look for war and peace for him." mumbles to him self but loud enough for her to hear him. He blushed a bit more before clearing his throat, quickly shaking of her calling him cute before she noticed, smiling like he always does for he was truly happy and he enjoyed his time with her.

Though he knew it would not last, as it was only a matter of time before they found someone to love or off on another hunt but that was life. He sighed to him self slightly as he scratched the feline's head that was sitting on his shoulders, thinking to him self before eating a sandwich. "Ah but if i did not take it seriously we would be out of work and home." he said to her, drinking some of the tea before propping his feet up, as he let her start the story.

He would never tell her but, he always felt as if he was a beast, having two different eye colors. It caused people to stare and whisper behind his back, though he was used to it now, that did not mean it didn't hurt still. Having to different eye colors, naturally was rare in it self and he didn't have to have it on his avatar but why change something that was so unique?

It wasn't long before he drifted off to sleep, the feline curled up on his chest, he could always fall a sleep to the sound of Isa's soft voice as she read.

((yes we shall do that *laughs evilly*))

Esmme

Old 09-02-2014, 04:27 AM

((So sorry. .___. Es has been away from Mene for the most part. I'm trying to get more frequent again, but there have been so many trips that my schedule is way off. :/ Anywho... on to posting!

Ari. So cute. So cute.))

Isabella smiled as her friend ruffled her hair. He loved to do that. Small shows of friendship were so frequent - yet they hadn't always been. They'd been awkward and stilted at first. Their first weeks together at the shop had been so stiff. It was terrible.

The woman was so grateful for their relaxed demeanor now. They knew what to expect of one another, and that was something that Isa could take comfort in. As Isa settled down to read, watching Arix finish a sandwich, the Hatter smiled. "Alright, you win. If you weren't so serious about your work, we'd be out of luck." This was the life. Adventures, friendship, a place to stay and be comfortable ... was there anything better?

Strangely, the picture of the stranger she'd run in to earlier flashed through her mind.

It caused Isa to stumble over a few of her words while she started reading, but she laughed it off and started over. Apparently, Arix didn't notice. In fact, when Isabella looked over to her friend, she saw his eyes closed and his chest rising slowly. He was asleep.

"Take good care of him," she told the cat, reaching out to lightly run her hand through Arix's hair. She watched him for a moment before smiling to herself and standing. The Hatter had a place to sleep. Tonight, though, she'd sleep nearby. Why? Because it felt like a "let's camp in the back room" sort of night. Isa found her blanket and pillow and pulled them with her as she traversed the shop one last time. Everything was set for the night.

The woman shot another glance in Ari's direction before settling down on the floor. Burrowing in her blanket, she sighed and slipped into slumber within moments.

((Either you can intro the next morning, or you can wait for me. xD*runs off to sleep before work comes all too early* I know that Cain/Odessa and the other two are still talking, but we can move on I think. LOL, they'll be like that for a while))

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 AM

Adin nodded thoughtfully as he continued to listen. He took in more of the woman’s features. The male barely noticed any of her human flaws, of course he wasn’t really looking for them to begin with. Sarah was right, they wouldn’t know with how many options there were.

“I do, the first gig is tomorrow night actually.” He gave her a smile and slight wink. “I hope you do decide to stay. This city is pretty peaceful.” It was rather amusing the way she dug into the muffin. Adin took a sip of his tea, his eyes wandering the room. The male pouted slightly as it seemed the auburn haired woman who had shot him down earlier along with her rather grumpy friend were gone. No matter, he had giving her an open invitation that in the back of his mind he knew she wouldn’t take.

His eyes returned to Sarah. He didn’t even seem to notice the now visible tattoo. “Tell you what. Since you may not be in town long I’ll give you a ticket and backstage pass to the show. You can use it at whichever one you come to or you do what you want with it.” Adin pulled out the pass and ticket of his pocket and laid them on the table before her. “I do hope that you choose to come visit me my honey.” Once again he flashed her with one his signature smiles.

A few moments of silence passed before it was interrupted by the alarm on his watch. A groan came from the male as he turned the alarm off. “Sorry my honey, but it seems that I must take my leave. The duties of a busy idol call once again.” He rose to his feet, watching her.

“I bid thee farewell and I do hope to meet you again my honey.” Adin bowed in a grand fashion before taking his leave. He left money behind on the table. It was more than enough to cover both his meal and Sarah’s meal as well. The golden haired idol disappeared out into the street which was now lit by the lamps. Time seemed to have slipped away pasted the two strangers as they talked and now it was already after dark.

------------------------

The male’s words about intimidation and weakness rang true in the woman’s mind. It annoyed her slightly because he was now learning what one of hers was. She had already said too much, revealed too much about how she didn’t want him looking for her in the system because she feared what had happened in the past.

“Yes, it’s clear that you didn’t want me here to begin with. Besides, I don’t care for answering the questions you have. I much rather just leave things as they are.” She had paused, her hand on the knob to the door.

“It’s true that I am curious about you and why you find me as interesting as I find you. But some things are better left alone.” Odessa’s voice trailed off at Cain’s next words. They may or may not have been meant to provoke her, but that is exactly what they did.

Turning around she glared at the man in the chair. “I’m not as easily broken as you think my dear Cain. There are just some topics that are off limits or should never be given much thought.” Why did he insist on pushing her like this?

Now it seemed he was trying to tempt her to stay. This man was really a contradiction and rather confusing. “Stay? You must be joking right? Especially after calling me foolish for coming here to start with.” She scuffed at him. Again her instincts were screaming at her to run away while she had the chance. “May I ask what makes you think that I’m frightened?”

The woman gave a slight nod. She knew how he was when he was searching for something. Maybe that's why she was afraid? Why she was so quick to anger. The topic he brought up was taboo to her and he wanted to look into it. “I do know this Cain. Truthfully I think it would be unwise for me to stay here. Unless you can give me one good reason as to why I shouldn’t return to the place that I’m staying.”

Last edited by blueblackrose; 10-01-2014 at 05:44 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-05-2014, 09:35 PM

( I will get a post up I promise just have to think of something)

Esmme

Old 10-05-2014, 09:47 PM

((Ah, yes. Well ... hmm. What do we want to happen? These two to seperate, and she runs into the pyrate again? I mean, we were going to have some action happening in which both my pyrate and your lovely Rayn got stuck together. I'm guessing that my pyrate, Derek, ended up on a mission with Rayn's brother, and she ran out there for some reason. I can't ... quite recall what the plan was to get them there, but hey! xD

I'm guessing that Isa will be around-ish and be able to step in to talk to Hotaru once the dust clears. haha))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-05-2014, 10:25 PM

(oh yes hmmmmm I think Arix should play with a bad guy though lol and we did plan that lol hmmm how to do it though.....but yes had plans to have Rayne and your lovely pyrate to play together and Hotaru could be all oh crap and then be all isa why are you here lol)

Esmme

Old 10-06-2014, 12:29 AM

((Ooo, Arix as the bad guy? So sad, but ... that would be interesting!

That's right. There was that mission for two Pyrates, and both Hotaru and Derek accepted it. Rayn followed them out to stop her brother, or something, and Isa was likely out there looking for some artifacts. And then there's a cave in, which leaves both Derek and Rayn stuck together, and Hotaru is freaking out. And then there's Isa, nearby and able to run into Hotaru again. How does that sound?))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-29-2014, 12:43 AM

(no not him as a bad guy him hanging with a bad guy and stuff maybe he will be a bad guy)

"I don't care that you're a pyrate!" Rayne had raised her voice, just below the point of yelling. Her blue eyes looked up at the taller male with concern, biting her lip as she tried to stop him from getting ready.
"Look Rayne. I understand that you're worried about me but this is my job." Hotaru's words hurt her, and it clearly showed on her face. Her hand dropped to her side as she looked away from him. She couldn't watch him get ready for battle.
"You can have a new job. You can be my bodyguard like you used to be." Her voice was soft as she looked around at the white walls of his apartment. She knew that it was just a place for him temporary before he ran off to do something else but she couldn't help that it looked as empty as she felt.
"My surrogate is built for battle and meant to handle the tough stuff. Sis, I want to do this besides I can't keep relying on you when I can't manage to get a job. You're an idol now and having your twin around you constantly can hurt your image." She listened to his soft caring words, letting them sink in as she sighed in defeat.

Last edited by Kilia; 11-01-2014 at 08:07 PM..

Esmme

Old 12-11-2014, 04:39 AM

Sarah watched Adin go with a slight smile. "I'll do my best to attend. Thank you, stranger." The girl carefully took the pass and ticket, looking them over before stashing them with her money and other belongings. These were valuable. She could sell them and get meals for a good couple weeks. Despite this, she knew what she'd choose.

Tomorrow night was Adin's next gig. She wouldn't be selling the ticket for money. She'd attend. Sarah finished off the rest of her muffin quickly, and gave the waitress a quick smile before stepping back out onto the street. It was dark now, and the light rain that fell wasn't as terrible as it had been earlier. Sarah pulled up her worn hood and moved through the streets. She'd find a dry place to stay for a few hours of rest. Tomorrow night, she'd find Adin. Her curiosity was just too much to keep back. Sarah had wished to have a friend for so long - it had been years since she'd actually spoken to someone like she'd so easily spoken to Adin.

Perhaps I'm acting desperate? Sarah's brow furrowed as she tucked herself into a dry corner between two buildings. No, no. She wouldn't let herself be desperate. She'd be fine.
-

((So ... comment: I just realized that Derek look like Ara'mis in his surrogate form, just more serious. ))

Just as Hotaru went through his morning routine to get ready, Derek did the same. Funny, how neither of them knew it yet. They were to be partners on this mission. It wasn't supposed to be a tough one - just some hired muscle to help protect a batch of Hatters that wanted to survey some old-city ruins. Still, it was more interesting than looking for the easy work around town. There was nothing wrong with accepting jobs like bodyguard and bouncer, but ... they were thankless, boring tasks. They were a lifestyle, not just a simple contract for a job.

Derek pulled on his boots and glanced at the charging station. He'd just woken up, which meant his avatar had been charging overnight. As he prepared, he briefly let his mind move to his human body - he was so confined in his real form. Why would anyone ever want to live without a surrogate? They couldn't do anything.

His grey eyes moved to his ready-made supplies for the trip. The Pyrate stood, taking a deep breath before doing what was necessary - a gun was attached to his belt, and a few short blades tucked into each boot. A light pack on his shoulders would allow for emergencies - bandages, rope, food and water ... he likely wouldn't use any of it, but Hatters weren't as durable as Pyrates. Who knew what would happen?

Derek stepped out onto the street, avoiding meeting the gazes of Hatters as they bustled about to get to work. A few Uni were awake so early in the morning, and they hustled to avoid him. Pyrates were few and far between, and most were already out on their jobs or still sleeping from their last late night excursion.

By the time Derek was at the designated meeting spot, his grey eyes were full of energy. He was ready for this task. He wanted to leave now. The Pyrate was greeted by a few of the Hatters as they waited, and was briefly surprised to find that they needed to wait for one more - another Pyrate. Two Pyrates. They must have thought they'd need more than one body builder.

Derek smiled to himself grimly, and leaned against the nearest wall to wait. Alright. Who was his partner supposed to be?
-

Odessa was so easy to provoke. Cain smiled slightly as she began to speak, her words growing more powerful with each passing moment. "If you'd rather leave things as they are, then I am finished for the night." His words were quiet, but didn't do much. With a slight smile, the male leaned back in his chair. Skies, he was exhausted. Now that the serum was kicking in, he needed rest.

"Perhaps it is best if you do leave." It wasn't said with anger, but merely as an observation. "I am not certain I can keep my curiosity from getting the best of me, Odessa. If you are so frightened by it, then your own dwelling is a better place for you to be."

His strangely mocking expression was followed by a chuckle as she spun to glare at him. "You say you are not easily broken, yet here you are ... you bristle at my looking into your past, and you discourage any thoughts of glitches. What is one to think, Odessa? This is what gives away your wariness and your fear." Why did he insist on pushing? Because that was how he worked. He pushed, and eventually something caved. That was how the world worked. Or, how it had always worked for him.

"Truthfully," he met her gaze, his own glowing with whatever energy the serum had pushed into his bloodstream, "it is unwise of you to stay. But your reason to stay ..." Cain looked thoughtful for a moment before forcing himself to sit up. Within seconds he had a hovering screen over one wall. With a few swift movements, it held the information (or lack of such) that he had found on Odessa. On the other half of the screen, however, was the same mirrored lack of information about Cain himself. "Finding another glitch is said to be impossible. My curiosity is not because I wish to destroy your anonymity, Odessa. It is because I see too many similarities to call this a coincidence."

Cain sat down again, looking weary. He ran a hand over his face, sighing quietly. "Now will you stay, or go?"

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 PM

(For now rayne shall stay in the back ground)

Hotaru finally managed to get everything packed, no help from his twin sister Rayne, with her constant worrying. Sheesh! He got it, he is her only family left but his durra its is a pyrate, meaning he is tough as nails. Built for the rough stuff. There really is no need for her to worry constantly, but he loved her all the same. It felt nice to have her worry about him though considering he is single and has yet to find that special someone just like his twin. Hey that is something he has no need to worry about. Although that pretty little hatter caught his attention and he hoped that he could run into her again, maybe she would be one of the hatters that he escorting on this mission.

As his mind wandered to what he was going to be in store for, he had no noticed that his lovely uni twin was following him at a safe distance to the point that she was literally going unnoticed. He grinned and waved at the group of batter and his fellow pyrate. He did not expect the group going into the ruins to be so large that they needed two Pyrates but then again he had mentioned that he would be willing to work with a partner if need be. He sized Derek up, nodding in greeting. "yo! I am Hotaru Lunair. Take it we are partners." he said to the large male, his cobalt blue eyes searching for the female that had called him hero before.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-18-2015, 04:30 AM

((Should we move Adin and Sarah on to the next day? This post will probably the last one before the next day for Odessa.))

Normally Odessa wouldn’t be so easy to provoke, but right before she had met Cain she had a close call with the government. It was something that still haunted her just like the day when she had no choice, but to run away. Her conscious yelled at her to just leave, don’t let him push, just let him do as he pleased. Even though she hated to admit it, she was frightened and what was worse is that Cain knew it.

The woman let him talk. Still fighting with herself and what she should do. “Shut up! Just shut up.” Her tone grew angrier, her body trembling slightly. The man was still pushing her and she was revealing the one thing that frightened her. The one secret that she held that no one was supposed to know. The one thing she had to keep hidden at all costs if she wanted to live. “I discourage it because there is nothing there to find. That is all there is to it Cain.”

Still the man continued on, giving her the reason she should stay all while making it clear it was indeed unwise for her to stay. Odessa felt herself freeze as she stared at the hovering screen and the information or lack of information that he had brought up. It was the same. The gaps were almost the exact same. Before the woman could say anything he was speaking again, dismissing what she was about to say.

A few minutes passed by as she calmed and recomposed herself. “It’s good that you don’t wish to destroy my anonymity because you might regret it. As it stands you’ll do whatever you want no matter what I say. It is curious that there are so many similarities. Though are you trying to say that you are a glitch within the system? If so then that is interesting my dear Cain. So mean of you to push me and then try to appeal to my curiosity.” Finally Odessa was sounding more like the proud pyrate she was. She even quirked a grin at him.

Her eyes never left him the entire time. “Just know that if I do choose to leave it’s not because I’m running away. It’s because there is no trust between us as such a thing would be foolish on my part.” Yes, she had regained her pyrate mask that had been washed away by his actions. It wasn’t until she turned to leave that she realized how close she was standing to Cain, basically right beside him. When had she moved that far into the room? “We will meet again soon I’m sure Cain my dear.” A smirk played on her lips. He had given her another reason to stick around for a while.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 01-18-2015 at 05:10 AM..

Esmme

Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 AM

Derek slipped a smooth stone into his pocket as a rather built man approached the waiting area. Perhaps this was the Pyrate they were waiting for? Curious eyes watched them approach, and his question was soon answered. "Hotaru." Derek pushed himself away from the railing he'd been leaning against and offered a hand. "Derek Vos." Looks like they weren't going to have too many issues with this mission. From the look of him Hotaru knew how to pull his own weight plus some. It was comforting that he wouldn't be spending the next few days with a beginner. Those were the worst jobs.

"What do you think we'll find?" Derek was a quiet sort, but he knew that was his flaw. If he could force himself to talk a bit, maybe it would come more naturally later on.

((Oh. Uhm. I'm guessing I need to wake my little Hatter up... and get her to the waiting spot too? xD Sorry, I'm so out of the mindset of this one, I can hardly remember our plans. *laugh*))
-

((I think we should probably move Adin/Sarah on, yes. Sadly, I am feeling brain dead for those two ... I'll have to bring her in next reply! ))

Cain clicked his tongue unhappily. "Telling me to be silent." He narrowed his eyes, then shook his head as he witnessed Odessa's anger. A few strange things happened at that moment. Immediately notes were made to Odessa's file - perhaps not the public file, but the one that Cain kept on the woman. He had the ability to alter it as he mentally took notes.

"Nothing to find indeed."
The male's pale eyes lingered on his companion for a while before he fell silent to hear her response to his actions. What did she think of the strangely similar "glitch-like" qualities of their profiles? It was always interesting to watch Odessa's reactions, and that was one of the reasons he'd been drawn to her. Cain let his gaze linger on her for a while, merely listening in silence.

She had calmed. That made Cain's lips quirk with a half smile. "I don't regret much of what I do, Odessa." Her blatant threat didn't seem to make him squirm, if anything it made him give the impression of baring his fangs. He didn't picture the woman as threatening - obviously so. "But you are correct. I will do what I wish, no matter your opinion." His eyebrows lifted slightly at her shift in demeanor. Odessa was losing her fear, or at least building up her Pyrate shield against it. Perhaps it was the woman's stubborn nature? This made Cain's smile widen slightly. Of course she felt threatened. Her very existence was being threatened.

"It would be quite foolish on your part," he said in reference to her mention of trust. With a chuckle, the male's glowing eyes flickered to the door. She was leaving, that much was clear. "Until next we meet, Odessa." The tall male had not missed how close Odessa had gotten. He merely smiled again, and rested back into his chair. He needed rest now. It was good that she was leaving, really. Cain let his gaze move to the door as he waved her out.

Cain never had clarified whether or not he was implying they were both glitches, but his impressions had been clear. Obviously.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 02-11-2015, 11:06 PM

(lol i know what you mean lol cause now i can not even think for this one lol)

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-01-2015, 02:46 AM

(I really need to get around to poking at Odessa and stuff so I can post here.)

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-01-2015 at 04:23 AM..

Esmme

Old 05-01-2015, 04:06 AM

*laugh* yeah!

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-03-2015, 02:22 AM

That proud Pyrate mask she wore stayed in place as she exited into the hallway. Once out of the room she growled, grumbling a bit under her breath. To a point the woman was still steaming about how easily he had managed to get under her skin, how easy it had been to expose what she feared. “Calm yourself Odessa. He still knows nothing and will continue to know nothing. Just calm yourself.” The words were whispered as Odessa forced herself to calm further.

Exiting the building she quietly and quickly moved along the streets, twisting and turning through main streets, side streets and alleyways. One could never be too careful she thought to herself. As she wond her way through the streets she calmed down. The extra-long walk she had taken to get to the abandoned warehouse where she had made herself at home on one of the upper floors of relaxed her. She took one last look around before entering the building and heading to what was her temporary home.

Despite the fact that the building was abandoned it wasn’t in bad shape, a lot cleaner than she had expected. With a yawn she lit a couple of candles and relaxed on her makeshift bed. The light meowing of a black cat greeted her. Odessa smiled, “Evening Cheshire.” The cat nuzzled against her, purring lightly. She scratched the feline behind the ear before moving to change into something comfortable. It wasn’t long before the woman blew out the candles to curl up under a blanket with Cheshire lying beside her. “Night,” she yawned to the purring feline before drifting off to sleep.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-17-2015, 12:36 AM

Hotaru smiled as he looked Derek Vos over, noting that he seemed to be experienced, this also seemed as if it would be an easy assignment, easy money. For the first time since he became a Pyrate it seemed as if he was going to be able to make a quick buck. "So are we waiting for anyone?" he asked the man as he leaned against the wall next to him, looking over the Hatters that were there, frowning as he heard how hey were looking for a missing hatter.

That was very concerning but then again they seemed to change their minds a lot as more and different opportunities came up for them. "Probably just a bunch of old objects that these people go crazy for. Lots of dust, cobwebs, spiders, maybe some snakes. Could be a couple of larger animals that could be living in the ruins. That would probably be the most exciting part of this whole thing. To be honest this is coming off like easy money. Make sure everyone gets in and out in one piece." he said to him as he chuckled, playing with a bracelet that matched one that his twin sister always wore. It was something that connected them even if they were apart from each other. Though he still could not shake the feeling that he was being watched and followed. Unbeknownst to him, his darling twin sister, Rayne was following him so that she could find out exactly what he does when he is not being a body guard for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit!!! ISA!!! Get up!!!" Arix yelled at her, he had fallen out of the chair he had been sleeping in, but that was a good thing. For when he looked at the clock he realized that she was late for meeting up with the other hatters that were going to the ruins. He preferred to go to such places alone but he had some high profile clients that he had to deal with that day. He tossed his clothes on, scrambling over the place and making a quick breakfast as he searched for his companion.

"ISABELLA! YOUR LATE!" he yelled up he stairs to her, before he went storming up them, a cup of ice water in his hand. He planned to throw it on her face if she was not up and ready to go. Of course he was freaking out, he had this planned for months an he could not lose his spot and the antiques that could be laying in the ruins waiting for them to discover them.