Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 AM

Everyone is always talking about Earth conservation. We can all do our part to help out rather we recycle or use different light bulbs, or even refuse to buy paper plates and use the ones we're going to have to wash.
What do you do to help our planet?

wish

Old 04-20-2008, 08:57 AM

Study architecture. @____@;

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 AM

There are ways of building houses and office buildings to help conserve resources. If you're interested in literal green houses I found This interesting link. I believe this is the future!

wish

Old 04-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Yesh. I study how to conserve resources before, during and after a project is built. But I'm not very knowledgeable about it yet. I learned a bit about mechanical systems and lighting as well as resource and energy management concerning those aspects to save energy and money.

Most people like electricity, and other modern amenities but they don't realize leaving a light on all day is horribly wasting of energy as well as their own money. >___>

And I realized how many people HATE maintenance and rather have their drive way paved over with concrete than put a few trees. (Like my parents. x__x;) But there are ways around that and I'm hoping people will realize it.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 AM

My dad always installs energy-saving light bulbs and we're good about turning off lights and faucets when we're not using them. We recycle too. :3 We buy pretty much all our groceries at a store near our house where all the produce is locally grown (which conserves resources that would be used up if they were imported) and most is organic too, I believe.