Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 10:56 PM

Aaheru outright smirked back, feeling proud of Ajani's distress. Hands on his hips, he tilted his head as they walked. "Nope. That doesn't matter at all. Age is important!" he exclaimed, jabbing a finger toward Ajani with one hand still on his hip. "We're peers like it or not. Just because you can fight doesn't make you an adult. So in the end, you're still more like me!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 PM

"You're logic legit doesn't work," Ajani said, actually feeling himself to start to get annoyed, he was nothing like this lizard. "There's no way I'm your peer. If solely because, I'm definitely of a higher station in my society than you are in yours. Warriors always rank higher. Than whatever you are. Probably a peasant," he sneered.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2016, 02:17 AM

Aaheru's face burned bright red as his scales rippled in a bright array of color, going almost halfway down his hair. "That's not true!" he yelped, shoving Ajani hard so they both tumbled to the ground with the chameleon on top. Both of his hands clenched tight in the other's shirt so that even his dark knuckles turned pale. "Take that back, bastard! I'm not a damn peasant! You don't know shit. I'm serious. I'm a warrior and nothing you say can change that!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-11-2016, 04:22 AM

Ajani made a face, eyes watching the as the colors of Aaheru's scale rippled. He really needed to learn exactly what each color meant. It'd make dealing with the lizard easier, especially considering they were obviously tied to his emotion. "And yet, you seem to be really defensive about that. Which makes me thing I hit way closer to the mark than you wanted me to."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Aaheru glared at Ajani one second longer, his hands still clenched in the other's shirt before he pulled away, letting out a sound of disgust. His scales lightened in color along his body, but his face and hair still held onto their bright hues. Ajani's words got to him too bad and he couldn't let go just yet. "So what anyway? I bet you're mister perfect at home, good family, lots of praise even though you just walk along an empty border doing nothing. At least my people's warriors do something!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-14-2016, 04:18 AM

"Well considering this is only one of the jobs of a warrior in my village, and this is the one I volunteered for, so I could explore the woods between here and our village. Our warriors do much more than just patrol the border, so I'd be careful with making assumptions based on that. May be a serious oversight if you people were ever to decide to attack. And even then my job comes with significant risk in that we would be the first line of defense." Ajani said, partially lying. The warriors did do much more for the village, and were pretty much a main sport system, but lower ranks always guarded the border and both his youth and his species guaranteed that he'd be lower rank.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-16-2016, 02:53 AM

Despite threat those words could be, Aaheru started to grin, something between a smirk and childish glee. "Is that so?" Hands on his hips, he leaned closer to Ajani as if to inspect him. "You sure are telling me a lot. I wonder if you should do that, me being the enemy and all. Ah, but I wonder if it's all true?" He chuckled, the sound grating. Ajani acted as if them chatting wasn't a actual plan, but he seemed pretty loose-lipped when goaded. Aaheru was definitely getting something out of it. Just thinking about that helped him get over the earlier slight against him.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-11-2016 at 06:28 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-18-2016, 10:30 PM

Ajani growled, wondering if smack the lizard upside the head with his staff would make the lizard shut up. He stared at the side of his head, seriously contemplating it, before decided it'd probably just make the lizard more annoying. "What do you know?" he said, practically whining, "Just go away already will you? Let me finish my day in peace, since you already ruined part of it."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2016, 08:23 PM

Aaheru pouted at the bird, but he didn't quite want to let it go yet. "You're just proving I'm right," he pointed out before stopping finally and tilting his head up to the sky. For a while now, the sun's force started to lessen. He saw clouds blocking the low rays of the sun which would leave long shadows on the ground otherwise. He really did waste a good deal of his day. Damn, and he still needed to take the supplies to Menes' place.

Waving a hand, Aaheru turned away. "Fine fine, I'll go when the sun reaches the mountains. That's enough time right?" Enough time for him to get his errand done, get home, and still stay warm. No lizard wanted to get caught outside at night unprepared.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 PM

"Why would I care if it's enough time?" Ajani asked scoffing, sounds like too much time for me. "Considering I want you gone now." he grumbled. "Don't go thinking I'm you're friend or some shit. You don't get that message because I am not." he said glaring at the lizard as hard as he could, which admittedly since his crest had puffed up in annoyance, might not have head the effect he wanted.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2016, 10:56 PM

Aaheru rolled his eyes and dismissed Ajani with a wave. "We're not friends," he answered with a nod. "We're better. We're enemies!" Keep your friends close and your enemies closer his mentor used to say. Of course, he was the kind of guy with a mighty scar on his back and an eye missing, so he couldn't say how that worked out for him. The way Ajani's feathers puffed up looked hilarious though it wasn't much different from his own scales changing color. Of course he wouldn't notice that though. "But whatever. See you later, bird brain!" He spun and stalked back toward the desert, trying to look as suave as possible.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-10-2016, 01:07 AM

Ajani growled after the lizard, having no interest in the conversation, but fully frustrated with the day now that the other had wasted so much of his time. He didn't want a friend or an enemy or anything of the sort. He just wanted to do his job and not be bothered, which apparently where little lizards were involved is asking way too much. Looking at the sky, he let out a brief sigh, he still had a little bit before his relief went, so he went back to patrolling steps a little heavier with annoyance. He had to figure out how to get rid of this lizard without starting a war or something, so the next time he saw him he'd have a plan that would permanently get the lizard to leave him alone.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2016, 08:33 PM

The second he was out of Ajani's line of sight, Aaheru quickened his steps from a confident walk to a run. The sun would set, it couldn't set now! He scrambled his way down from the cliffs, this time without anyone noticing his presence. In the city he ran, taking short cuts through the outer edges of the city where the homes crowded so close together that he could barely fit his smaller body through at a run. An alligator wouldn't have a chance at this kind of maze. Once he reached the market just before the sun touched the mountain peaks, he found Menes and spent the next hour running errands using his same back-alley knowledge to get an all day task mostly done. It kept his mind off the events of the day, but when he lay down for bed, keeping his cooled skin warm against the coals of the day's fire, his irritation came flashing back.

"I'm not giving up just yet," he murmured under his breath, black eyes wide open in the dark. Wide open and full of spirit. Ajani would see. Tomorrow he would show up all over again and bit by bit, he would learn everything he could about the birds better than the dumb reptile warriors. And then he would finally win a fight.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-14-2016, 02:34 AM

It didn't take much longer for Ajani's relief to arrive, a raven hybrid with an inflated sense of importance, often thinking himself a hawk, despite the inky, black feathers on his head and arms revealing otherwise. Ajani scowled, not wanting to deal with the other man today, not on top of his encounter with the lizard. He sighed and kept his head down, heading away from the other before he could say much to Ajani.

"Goodbye pigeon," the other said, his tone sneering, as he watched Ajani walk away, a slight huff in his voice, as if it offended him that they even let Ajani be a guard. Ajani didn't respond, long used to ignoring the jabs, and kept walking toward home.

Perhaps he had lied to the lizard, which really with the enemy that was to be expected, sure all jobs were open most or all type of birds, and jobs weren't determined by hybrid type, but non-predatory birds like Ajani were still looked down on, and tropicals in many ways more so. So many though they should just look pretty and not be allowed any of the more serious jobs. He had no interesting in being just a thing to be seen though, so he trained hard to become a warrior, proving time and again that he belonged there, no matter the words of his fellows. He didn't care what they thought anyway, not really.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2016, 06:14 PM

Like often, Aaheru woke with the dawn, even before his father. It wasn't that he did so to start the work, but because that was the best way to avoid it. With the water urn under his arm, he took off at a trot for the center of the reptile's great city and the its life-force at almost the opposite side--the river. Despite always running off, he did get the water, liking to have it himself. Leaving as early as he did, the streets weren't crowded yet, but the shop keepers already started to cart their wares to the market street and others like him headed to the river. Of course, most of them were women and children, but it was just him and his father.

Reptile-made streams ran out from the great river's bed, wandering through crop fields and toward the heart of the city. That stream ended in a pool surrounded by paved stone constructed so that water was always flowing. Just as he turned away with his full urn, a group of snake warriors entered the courtyard. Aaheru bit his lip, staring for a second before moving to step aside. Except, a tall black cobra with striking slicked back hair and sharp eyes broke away from the others and walked right for him. Freezing, Aaheru just watched his approach. Judging by his clothing, this snake was high ranked.

"Aaheru Nassor, son of Abasi. You are the python, Menes', student correct."

It didn't sound much like a question. Aaheru looked up, realizing now that they were a foot away just how different their heights were. "Um....yes?"

"Would you please come with us, then." The cobra warrior turned on his heel and headed for the streets away from the market. He fell into step with the two other snakes, not looking back once as if the mere thought of disobeying this command never occurred to them. Not sure what else to do with the water and these snakes, Aaheru balanced the urn and took off after them, trying not to feel the least bit anxious.

By the time they stopped just out of the way of prying ears, Aaheru's scales were already rippling between an anxious teal and a submissive black, just one color tumbling over the other. "H-hey, I don't really know what this is about, but I have chores and warriors like you....to me....talking," he stumbled before he realized they'd stopped walking and he jolted to a stop himself, spilling droplets of precious water.

One of the snakes smirked, muttering to his companion, but the black cobra stayed stone-faced. "Menes is a very good old friend of mine." Aaheru gulped in response. "He tells me you've been sneaking onto the cliffs. Even perhaps...making contact the enemy....?"

Aaheru's scales blackened in an instant. "That is...I have no idea what you're talking about," he huffed, trying to pull himself up taller. "I would never talk with a dumb bird!"

The cobra smiled for the first time. "Is that so? I hear you would like to become a warrior." Seeing the chameleon boy pause and his eyes widen, he continued. "And I just might be able to make that happen. You see, we need someone just like you to keep doing exactly what it is you're doing." He pulled Aaheru aside, smiling all the while. "Why don't you become our double agent..."