opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 05-24-2009, 11:02 AM

This is somethin' I wrote when I was bored out of my brain. Trust me, I was bored

Beth was the type that didn't like to be around people. She just liked to sit and read, sit and draw, sit and play video games or sit and write stories on the computer. She wasn't the type to go to parties and go shopping every other day and giggle at jokes that aren't the least bit funny. In short, she wasn't all that popular.
But on this day, she allowed herself to become the centre of attention.
"Happy birthday!" Beth's mum, Muriel, cried when she came downstairs. "We need to celebrate! I ordered a cake and bought some new candles, and I invited all your school friends-"
"I don't have any friends at school," Beth said unflinchingly. "They all live on the opposite side of the world."
Muriel's smile slipped a little, but she hitched right back on.
"Even so, they're all coming and they promised they'd give you lots of presents! Isn't that lovely?" Muriel said delightedly.
"They're only coming for the food," Beth mumbled through a mouthful of cereal.
"Nonsense!" Muriel said happily, waving her hand about to dismiss the idea. "They're coming because they want to share your special day with you!"
"Sure," Beth said. She rinsed her bowl and made her way toward the television; time for some Kingdom Hearts.
Muriel grabbed Beth's hand.
"No, no! There's no time for video games!" Muriel chided, leading her daughter back to the kitchen, "They're coming in a hour! We have to get ready!"
"Do I have to get ready?" Beth muttered, glancing longingly at the TV.
"Of course!" Muriel cried, "It's your party! You have to help set up at least something!"
Sighing, Beth set about setting up. The first guest arrived half an hour early, and offered to help set up the food. Of course.
The people trickled in frequently; Beth was actually surprised at how many people had turned up just to have a few handfuls of chips.
By the time the party was due to start, everyone was their. All had their eyes on the food table, though none were game enough to dig in without permission.
"Thanks everyone for coming!" Muriel grinned, "How about we open presents first?"
Everyone stiffened a groan, including Beth. Now she did not want to be the centre of attention.
They were all stupid presents. Almost all the ones from girls were some kind of beauty product or a piece of random clothing; the boys gave her games that she already had.
Except one.
There was a boy that she didn't recognise who gave her a game she'd never seen before. She made a mental note to play it, unlike everything else, which she'd be throwing away immediately after the party. After the last present had recieved its thankyou, everyone stampeded for the food table.
Beth slipped up the stairs, prepared to wile away the time until the party ended by playing her new video game. She inserted it into the drive, and waited.

The word flashed every few seconds. How boring. With a sudden beep, the word changed.

Preparing Sucked In...

Sucked in? That was weird.

Prepare to be sucked in.

The party was in full swing, everyone talking and laughing and stuffing their faces with food. Then someone happened to notice that she wasn't there.
"Where's Beth?"
The question echoed around. "Where's Beth?" "Where's Beth?" "Where's Beth?"
It was then that everyone heard a high-pitched scream. It ended as abruptly as it started.
There was dead silence.
"Oh..." Muriels gasped, "Oh, OH!"
She sprinted to the stairs, and took them two at a time. Everyone followed; it sounded ike a heard of elephants was thundering up the stairs.
They all saw it at the same time. They entered Beth's room, and saw the television switched on. Beth was lying on the bottom of the television screen, pale, unbreathing. A sword was pierced through her stomach. Green words were flashing on the screen.

GAME OVER.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-31-2009, 03:40 AM

My short Story that I wrote today for a Zine, CC is welcome. :]~

Walking home. It’s pitch black out. The rain is pounding harshly against my skin and the ground around me. The streetlights running along the street are the only lights for miles. A car passes by and kicks up a splash of water, drenching me. Why am I, Adrianna Ringwald, walking home at such a late hour? And in the rain?
My only friend on this walk is my digital watch, keeping me updated on the time and providing a miniscule light compared to the streetlights. I glance at my friend and he tells me it’s almost 2:00 AM. I feel my eyes widen and I put my friend back into my coat pocket to keep him warm in the cold, untiring downpour. Why did I ever go to Ronald’s stupid party?
“You should totally stay, Adrianna! It would be so boring without you.” He begged me for like the millionth time that night.
“Fine, Ronald. I’ll stay.” I said in an exasperated voice, he could be so annoying sometimes.
My feet make this Squelch sound as they hit the pavement. It irritates me. With every step, it begins to feel more and more like a heartbeat. squelch, sque-squelch. squelch, sque-squelch. I grunt and plug my ears with my pink-nail-polished fingers. I look up and see someone standing in the light of the streetlight.
There’s an urban legend in my town, that girls have been kidnapped at the hands of a man dressed in all black. He supposedly stalks you at night, when you’re alone. He takes you to a run-down shack in the middle of the forest, and ties you up and tortures you slowly for all eternity. Me, being the skeptic that I am, didn’t believe any of the urban legends around here. So, despite what my friends told me, I walked home in the middle of the night.
The person is standing there, looking straight ahead into the darkness. It’s wearing a black jacket with a hood on it. The jacket and the pants it’s wearing have zippers all over them; it’s like something straight out of Kingdom Hearts. When I get closer to it, it moves its head in my direction. From the build of its body, I guess it’s a male. His stare bores into me, even though the eyes that belong to him aren’t visible. I look straight ahead. Don’t make eye contact. Don’t make eye contact. I repeat to myself in my mind. To try to avert my eyes, I pull out my friend to check the time. He tells me it’s 2:05.
I walk past him and he steps out of the streetlight. He jumps over the grass that is between the sidewalk and the street, and begins to follow behind me.
I constantly glance over my shoulder to see if he is catching up, and he is. Even though he’s wearing these giant, clunky combat boots, they aren’t making a sound on the wet ground. My breathing gets shorter, quicker as he approaches. On one glance, I see him pull out a knife, because it glints a little as it emerges.
I break into a run. The man behind me is also in a run, and he’s keeping up. The knife in his hand is bobbing to and fro, and it glints on each fro. I attempt to turn the corner coming up, but end up slipping on the wet pavement due to my momentum being too fast as I turned suddenly. My head hits the ground hard as I fall backward and my vision blurs.
Before my vision fades, I see the man hover above me, laughing to himself.

I wake up inside what seems to be a small, confined room. The only light is from the gold lantern hanging above me. I see the man leaning against the wall in front of me, examining his nails. He looks up as I let out a grunt, and his white teeth shine as he grins devilishly.
“Finally, you’re awake.” He says in a gruff voice. He sounds like my dad. “It’s about time I had new prey, the last girl took so little pain before she died.”
My mouth is dry despite all the rain outside. I can hear it pounding against the walls. He saunters over to me, and pulls out the same knife from his pocket. I let out a gasp of dry air, and try to move the jump the chair I’m bound to over to a wall, even though there is no door. I’m trapped.
“I’ll cut you.” He says in a whisper. “I’ll cut you…”
He makes a little cut on my arm. I let out a thin gasp. He makes another, right below it.
With every cut, he says, “I’ll cut you… I’ll cut you good…” And with every cut, I let out the same, thin gasp.
I’m stuck here for all eternity.

Last edited by Elirona; 07-31-2009 at 03:43 AM..

nikijay88
*^_^*

Old 08-02-2009, 06:35 AM

I have a few, but some are unfinished, some are scary, some are sad, I don't know if they are good, some people like to read them, and some just like the excitement of it. Here is one I started with I thought a good setting for more.

It's called +Love Me Not+

She stared out the window watching the sway of the trees longing for that feel. In the background of her mind the words of her teacher slipped in until everything paused at the mention of her name "Michelle, what does love mean to you?." The class had been going over love in literature, Michelle never liked the fact the love stories were so "fake," as she would normally say, but today seemed somehow different. "Love means death," she looked at her teacher whom in turn along with the class was taken aback. "Love means slowly being torn apart from within until someone else's pain longs to mend yours and vice versa. A petty feeling shared between fools who find themselves longing for a feeling of desire, lust, and belonging. Just an excuse for sex I suppose." She felt spiteful, loathing every couple, hating the fact she didn't have what she longed for. The teacher pointed to the door as if to tell her to leave with a gesture. Michelle grabbed her belongings being eye balled by everyone as she exited out into the hall, feeling a deep, dormant sickness waking slowly inside her.

Michelle was a complete contradiction of herself, she searched for love, knowing it did not exist in the back of her mind. Brought up never feeling much, but always grateful for what she had, but the pain that what little left her, always left her wanting more, craving for that special feeling people said they felt. "This is the third time this month Michelle! I can't just be missing work to have these conversations with your teachers about your lunacy!" her mother scolded her at the dinner table as she ate her mac and cheese, quiet herself, and resistant. "Maybe I should call your father, maybe he could do something about this," her mother and father were divorced, and her father was states away. Michelle finished quickly and spoke softly in a hollow tone "I am going to go take a shower and go to bed." She stood up and washed her dishes then walked to her room and got settled gathering her pajamas and drew a bath for herself as she locked the door not for security, but for peace as she turned the fan on so she couldn't be heard. She set out her things and then placed down her cellphone, her ipod, and her book as she lied in the bath having to sooth herself leaning back just to watch them, and stare dazed at the rug in deep thought. Always contemplating the next move, the next choice she would be making.

--I keep getting stuck it seems.

Kaattiiee

Old 08-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Okay, so this is a super-short story that can either have more added on or I can just leave it like this.

The morning began with the soft chirp of a bird and a whistled reply. Intrigued, the bird chirped again, followed by another whistle. It tilted its head to the side, spread its wings and took flight towards the sound. Another chirp, another whistle. The bird reached a clearing where a wild-looking boy sat, digging patterns into the ground with a stick. The bird chirped once more, and the boy whistled back. He looked up from his design and saw the bird. It chirped again and he laughed. The laugh was so sudden that the bird flew away. The boy laughed again, amused by the curiosity of the creature. He set the stick he was holding onto the ground and stood up, dusting the dirt off him. “Better get home before anyone wakes up,” he said to himself, and walked into the trees in the direction of his home.

Last edited by Kaattiiee; 08-06-2009 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: adding more in

Knitted Doll
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2009, 08:58 PM

It was my girlfriend’s little brother, you see. He was out in the stone hallway, looking lost. I took him into his room, away from what was happening. He asked me to check the cupboards, so be sure that there was no-one hiding in them. He was scared that there might be. I was scared that there might be. Who knows what goes on in people’s minds, except themselves – maybe not even themselves?
I opened every single cupboard, and made him look with me. I thought it was important that he knew. I tried to make a game of it, so he would forget why we were looking. I didn’t think he would.
When we had checked every single cupboard and dark space, I tucked him back into bed, and I told him a story – I don’t remember what story. Something about heroes and monsters, something to chase away the darkness outside and in. He hadn’t gone to sleep, so I told him another, and another, while outside, matters were dealt with. Somebody carted away the body, and somebody cleaned up; I don’t know whom, one of the servants maybe, it doesn’t matter. I don’t even know who he was. Some guest, I suppose, but no-body ever told me – and I never found out who killed him. I don’t know that anyone ever did. Who would have thought that the old man had so much blood in him?
Then he asked me what was going on. I wasn’t sure what to say. How do you tell a six year old about death, and the things that go with it? So I told him this:
“There is a place where there is a cave. Lichens and mosses grow in that cave, strange and terrifying – some of them look like fingers, and others like eyes that watch you as you go into the cave. If you go into that cave, and follow it right to the end, you come out in a different place. It is not a better place, and it is not a worse one – merely different, but it is as good as this world. I have been told that it is green and beautiful, and that there are horses there with long legs and manes like fire, but no one knows for sure, because they cannot come back and tell us.
When you get old and tired, or you cannot bear to stay where you are any longer, or if you are very ill, this cave is where you go, and you walk through it to the Other place. Everyone goes there eventually, but some earlier, and some later, when they are ready. The cave is scary, and some people get lost going through it, but they all reach the other side in the end. One day I’ll go there, and one day you’ll go there, and that is what has happened this night.
The origin of the cave is this: when the world was young, there were very few people, and they did not go into the cave, for it did not yet exist. But people grew and grew, until there were a great many people, and very little world to go round, and life was very hard. So the people got together, and they elected a hero, to go to the Gods and ask them to provide a solution, because they could not endure the way they lived, and they did not want to stop having children, because they were a great joy.
He was called Hem, and he was the most beautiful of all of the men in the world in those days, and in those days the people were much bigger and more beautiful then they were today. So Hem set out to go to the tallest mountain, which is of course where the Gods live, but he did not know the way – although he was beautiful and strong, he was not very clever. When he confessed that he did not know how to get there, a woman volunteered to show him the way. She was called Soon, and she was intensely beautiful; her like had never been seen before, and will not be again. Her hair was like wheat at harvest time, rich and beautiful, and her skin was like the pale face of the first moon. But beauty was not the important thing about her – or about any woman; she was clever, and good with her hands, and she told him she would show him the way, and help him past the dangers.
So the two of them walked through the world, through many dangers – which I will tell you about some other time, for their travels were wondrous and strange, as the world in those days was much bigger, and had many more marvels in it, until they finally came to the tallest mountain in the world, where the Gods live.
They walked up that mountain, and right into the palace of the Gods, and kneeled in worship at the feet of the One-Whose-Name-Is-Not-Spoken, the Queen of the Gods, and they spoke Her name in worshipfulness (for in those days, they knew and could speak it), and they related the problem of mankind to Her. She looked at them for a long time, then sent them out while She consulted with the other Gods.
When they were brought back in, She told them that they had devised a solution, but that it might not make them happy. Hem and Soon asked to hear it, as they had come all this way, and faced many perils - it could not be worse then going back with no reply for humanity. So, She told them about the Cave which they could create, where people could go when they wore out, for, if they did choose to create the Cave, people could no longer stay here forever, and She warned them that living with it would be difficult.
Hem and Soon accepted this for humanity, even though it would be hard, living like that, and they were the first to go into the Cave, to show others the way, and light the lamps which line it, so that children who have to go that way will not be afraid. And that is why we have the Cave”
That is what I did that night, the night the guest died.

[[Meh. It's kind of okay, but the phrasing is a little loose x3]]

Alan Turing has been officially pardoned. Well done to everyone who signed the petition :3

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM

I've been playing around with this story since Halloween two years ago... It's kind of random, but fun.

Pumpkins For Sale

The moon was full and the breeze was warm.

Happily she laid the pumpkin heads on the fence.

"Gorgeous!" She smiled, the wind played with the ruffled on her long skirt.

"Emily, what's with the pumpkins?" A man asked from behind her.

"Why Victor, it's almost Halloween. Everyone needs pumpkins for their Jack-o-Lanterns."

Victor shook his head and walked over to the large pile. "I'll never understand your obsession for this holiday. It's not even a holiday, people still work."

She turned to face Victor, a mischievous smile played on her lips. "Oh Victor. I don't like the day itself, or the candy, or the kids. I like the myths and the horrors that happen on All Hallows Eve."

He raised an eyebrow. "I'm not going to ask, you're going to tell me again anyway. Whether I want to hear or not, arn't you?" he pulled her long braid, teasingly.

Emily laughed, and picked up another pumpkin to set up. "The Headless Horseman." she whispered dramatically.

"The Headless Horseman? You mean that Ichabod Crane and Sleepy Hally story?"

"Hollow, Sleepy Hollow. And yes. That's mainly why every year I set up pumpkins for sale."

"You hope that a fictional character from approximately New England, is going to ride his horse headless, across that field and grab a pumpkin from you?"

Emily bowed her head in embarrassment. "Oh, it sounds stupid when you put it like that."

Victor sighed and hugged the girl. "It's your fantasy. I shouldn't have said anything."

"No you're right" Emily murmured looking at the fog covered field towards the woods. "It's just a fantasy."

"Hey Em, why do you set up here? It doesn't seem like it gets a lot of traffic."

Emily gave him on of her signature "silly smiles". "You never know who will come in weird places."

Victor smiled, and they sat down. "so tell me, why are you so interested in a guy without a head?"

She laughed. "I don't know. I've just always been fascinated with the legend of Sleepy Hollow. It's like asking why you go ga-ga over long haired girls."

"I get it, I get it."

"Hey, these pumpkins for sale?" They both turned to see a little boy, probably about 13 standing to their right.

"Yeah, why don't you pick out one you like sweetie." Emily smiled warmly.

The kid walked up and down the fence looking at the different sizes. "This one" he grabbed a stout, fat one.

"Alright, five bucks." the kid handed Emily the bill. "Take care of it now."

"Oh I will" the boy smiled, before lifting his arms and chucking the pumpkin to the ground.

Bits of pumpkin splattered everywhere, Emily shrieked in surprise.

"Hey kid stop!" Victor yelled as the boy ran off. "Sorry Em."

She shook her head, and put on a smile. "don't worry about it Vic. It's just a pumpkin."

Victor reached over and plucked a bit of pumpkin matter out of her blonde hair. "Come on Emily, let's keep up our pre-Halloween tradition."

"Drinking and puking before midnight?"

"No, I meant a walk through the creepy woods." he laughed.

Emily joined him. She grabbed a sign stating prices, as Victor set up the money box, locked it, and attached it to the fence.

"Shall we?" Victor held out his arms.

"Let's do it." Emily winked, as Victor picked her up, and lifted her over the fence.

As they laughed and ran through the fog covered field, neither noticed the silent, shadowy figure walking over to the pile, and picking out a head-sized pumpkin.

The End...

Oculus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Sure, I'll whip up a story.. hmm.. OOH! I got one.

The Silver Tree

Splish.. splash.. Kethren walks along the water.
Splish.. splash.. She doesn't know why her friends abandoned her.
She doesn't know why she is so imperfect for them.
She doesn't know that she cannot be in a friendship, or any relationship
at all with anyone. So she is walking down this path to her special tree.
A certain special tree, never really known by the town. Far away in
the tree line above the mountain. Small enough so no one sees it from afar,
Yet big enough for Kethren. She felt like she wasn't different around the tree.
She felt normal around it. Like it was her only friend. Since the tree was abnormal,
and apparently Kethren was abnormal, they seemed to.. relate. She felt herself.
She felt great. Yet when she reaches the tree, it reminds her of her non-importance.So everytime she goes to the Silver Tree, she feels like she's stuck inside a house, no doors, no windows.. no way out. She's just going in circles over and over again. Like.. she cannot change. Because she can't.
Because she's different.

..because she's normal.

Knitted Doll
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 AM

When I was little, I and my father and my mother lived in a big house in the country, which backed onto the river. It was like being raised in the 1920s of Agatha Christie, except without the murders – a horribly satisfying thing to have. Every other day was, in my recollection at least, a strawberry tea day, or a family Christmas. Naturally, there was a fly in the ointment: my little sister. Before she turned up, I was an only child, but afterwards, nobody seemed to pay much attention to me, which I resented – maybe that’s why I didn’t warn her.
On the day my sister vanished, we had gone down for a picnic on the river. It was a lovely day, with marshmallow clouds and ultramarine sky, and the river was a dark green murky thing that might have pike hiding under the reeds. My parents were in love, and not much concerned with us. That is not to say that they didn’t love us, just that their world seemed perfect, and we were on the peripheral of that world.
I was the only one who saw the thing in the trees. I had seen her before, out of the corner of my eye, always beckoning to me, but never so boldly. She was a thing like a tree, but not a tree – and definitely feminine. There was no doubt about that. She had locks of leaves that tumbled to her knees, but these were no modest tendrils like the good Lady Godiva – I will say no more about that. Her skin was like bark, so you could hardly tell her from the trees, but I knew – and I knew that if she turned around, she would be hollow inside, like something rotting. My sister was playing by the edge of the trees, and I saw the woman go up to her. They spoke for a moment, and then she took her hand, and they walked into the woods together.
The manhunt went on for nine days, and they dredged the river, finding frogs that might have been princes, a harp made of fish bones, and a great pot big enough to boil men in, but nothing of my sister. My parents fought incessantly, and eventually – about a year later – divorced.
I didn’t say a word. In stories, the brave brother saves his little sister from the fairies, and it all ends happily ever after, but real life doesn’t work like that.
I grew up and became something in the City, concrete and real. Sometimes I dream of her, my little sister. When I dream of her, she is a little girl, still. She runs in the woods, and she laughs. Maybe I shouldn’t feel so bad.

Ethileen
The Bunny Theif =O
Send a message via MSN to Ethileen

Old 08-09-2009, 06:04 PM

Are You Sure The World Is Perfect?

A girl named Annie troted along on a dirt path. She was happy and excited. The boy she loved confessed to her. 'The world is perfect!' She said and she sat under a tree, picking a flower, slowly taking the pedals off. She heared foot steps and looked up from the flower, a girl was climbing the tree. 'Who are you?' Annie said, her eyes blinking. 'I am me, I am I, I am myself.' The girl replied. 'What?' Annie said confused. 'I meant your name.' The girl looked at Annie. 'My name dosent matter. It just matters If I know who I am.' She said and picked a leaf, examining it. 'Well... thats very strange..' Annie said, going back to picking pedals off flowers. 'The world is perfect, The world is a disaster. The world is pure, The world is im-pure.'

Annie looked up again. 'What are you talking about now?' She said. 'The world is happy, The world is depressing. The world is laughs,The world is crys. The world is life, The world is suicide.' She continued on. Annie blinked and narrowed her eyes, trying to ignore this weird girl. 'The world is wealthy, the world is poor. The world is sweet, the world is rude. The world is beautiful, The world is ugly.' Annie stood up and stared at the girl. 'What are you saying?!' She looked down at Annie. 'The world is perfect, But, at the same time, its a disaster.' She said. 'You already said that!' 'Your not listening.' 'Of course I am! Im not an idiot!' Annie said angrily. A few seconds passed between the two. 'Then, are you sure the world is perfect?'

(( it isnt incredibly long, but, I like it. This story I made up a few years back. Its interesting, I think.))

Last edited by Ethileen; 08-09-2009 at 06:10 PM..

Delilah

Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 AM

Heres one:

As Maria walked to the barn,
she never really thought about how
the life around her felt.
The ducks, the pigs, chickens, horses, sheep.
She only thought about how her life felt
at the moment. She didn't really like how
she was being treated.. She felt like a sponge..
Being used. Just to clean up someone's dirty mess.
She was only used to be used. She was nothing.

Nothing at all.

Delilah

Old 08-10-2009, 02:46 AM

She walks through the woods.
She climbs up the mountain.
She skiis down.
She walks to the city.
She drives to her house.
She drives to work.
She drives to the store.
She drives to her house.
Life is basically travel.
Just going places..

Grubbs99

Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM

this is a cool thread!
I made a story aswell, its not finished though:

Prologue

I stared into space as I sat on the bus seat closest to my house. My eyes flooded with tears as my face screwed up tight and my eyes turned red. Why…why are we moving?

Hi, before I start this diary I should tell you what’s going on first.
My name is Kara Guyara; with a name like that, school must be a nightmare. But not for me; fortunately I have millions of friends, not because they abuse my intelligence or the amount of money I have… it’s because they actually like me. Well I go to Natolly Junior School; the worst school around my estate, which doesn’t really mind me.
My origin country is Nigeria, but I have so relations with Jamaica from my dad. Unfortunately, I have other family members. My worst and only brother is Leon; he’s a real pain in the behind! He will never leave me alone, he would go to any extent to make me bad or annoy me. But luckily I have my mum. She’s the only one, who will get him out of my face, but she’s still too fussy and she doesn’t really understand me. And last but not least; my dad. Well, my dad’s kind of…well he’s gone and not really likely he’ll come back where he is. Well, I’m going to start this now, but read carefully; if you don’t you wont be able to figure some things out. But overall, don’t let this go into the wrong hands (and when I say wrong hands I mean my brother Leon!). So, well read on!

Chapter 1: Time to move

Tuesday, 11 August 2009

It was Tuesday the day I found out. During my relaxing time I call sleep. Of course it had to be only one person who would push me on the floor and kick me to wake me up, my younger brother Leon. “Wake up you idiot!” Leon shouted in the valve of my ear. I angrily squirmed in my broken bed. Suddenly I turned around to face Leon, and punched him square in the face! “Just go away Leon!” I screamed “I don’t want to see your face in my room!” Leon screwed his face as a tear fell from his burning red eyes.
“Yeah, I hope that hurt you idio-.”
“You know Kara, I don’t really care if you get left here by yourself, because were moving…and-.”
“What did you say!?” I moaned. My face shuddered. My mouth opened wide enough for my fist to fit in. “I said we’re moving” Leon announced, “and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
I sat up instantly from my bed. “Of course there’s something I can do about it!” I climbed out of my bed and stumbled down the stairs. I headed to the living room that was a complete tip! Books and plates were scattered around the room, which were no use to any of the family members. “MUM!” I shrieked desperately at the top of my voice, “Why are we moving!?” My mum turned around to me and stared deeply into my eyes, “Kara we have to move, the rent is way too much for us to handle; especially now that your father’s…” A tear slowly shed from her lonely eyes, “well that your fathers gone now.” My face started to burn with anger, “We can’t move!” I moaned “Unlike most people here, I have a life in this neighbourhood. I have friends, and I can’t just leave them!” With her eyes flaring dangerously with pain, my mum stared at me to say, were moving and that’s final! I ran out of the house, my heart pounding with hatred but mostly fear. I didn’t want to move, I had so many friends and if I left they would be devastated! But I tried to bottle up my anger, trying not to overload and break everything in sight like I usually always do. My brother Leon suddenly appeared out of the door, he laughed slightly as he saw me sweating. “Kara, mum told me to get you to bring some stuff to the new house in Kennington, so…Get going!” I gritted my teeth and got up, putting out my tongue to him, “Fine, I’m going!” Slowly I headed to the nearest bus stop to the house and got on my way, finding that the more I argue the less it will help.

I smiled as I saw my best friend walking up the road to me; we’d been friends since I can remember. He was everything you wanted in a friend; he’s smart, funny; and good with the ladies! His name is Jake, a normal English name. My smile turned into a frown as I realised what I was going to have to tell him. Gently, I put the clothes on the bus seat and headed to Jake. I opened my mouth and said “Hi Ja-,” suddenly I stopped myself as I saw what he was doing…He was flirting with Angelica, a girl in our class. Very slowly, I inched away from him; picked up the clothes and backed up into the bus. Sighing, I tore up the phone number Angelica had given me yesterday, too bad, I though, another girl crossed of my list. I took out a faint rusted piece of paper out of my bag and crossed out the name angelica. I entered the vehicle and looked for my bus pass. My heart bumped an extra beat as I noticed I forgot it, and if I went home now my mum would barley let me into the house. Unnoticeably, I crouched down to act as a child and strolled past the drive. When he finally passed the driver, he stood back up and took a seat near the window. I slouched as I saw all the happy children playing with there parents… my parents have never done that with me.

Hope u like it!

AmberDreamer

Old 09-02-2009, 05:45 AM

Her heart pounded in her chest, blood pumping furiously to escape her veins. There was a constant pair of round lights staring at her as she lay suddenly on the ground, how did she get there? She couldn't remember anything after the moment she saw the car and heard it bellow out a warning. Then suddenly a rush of air went through her lungs with a terrible pang and she was back again. The cold night air raked the naked skin on her forearms but an unfamiliar sensation bled through her fingers. Sticky, soft, wet. She could tell she was hurt but where and how badly she had no clue. The lights blurred in and out and her head was spinning. A pair of legs rushed through the brightness and an unfamiliar voice tried to help her focus on what little she felt she could. The pain was so prominent. You know the feeling you get just before a really bad headache, the kind of pressure that makes you sick and nothing else matters but the pain you're about to endure? Yeah that. She felt that through every corner of her body and it felt like she was screaming; and she was. A man's voice surrounded her and it became more frantic as it seemed to search for a way to squelch the pain, but the only thing she could hear was her own screaming and the existence of any other sensation was drowned out by the burning in her chest that hadn't stopped since she hit the ground. She was on her way to a welcome home party only 5 blocks away, she had just gotten back from a trip so how could this happen now? Then there was another light and it felt like static clinging to her skin. She felt his fingers run through her hair and his skin was colored golden white. She looked up to catch a glimpse of the being that he was and only saw his smile. There was no fade to black, no darkness that people so commonly read about. There was only a second, a brief connotation of solidarity but there was never a cold that rushed over her as she passed into the grips of death, she didn't even feel alone. She saw friends and family, and people she didn't even know she knew. They were the angels that looked over her as she was alive and that were with her as she died. She no longer heard herself screaming, or felt the burning in her chest. There was only light and the most wonderful welcoming home she could have ever asked for.

xenre

Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM

I remember he was fond of chocolate. Or at least the chocolate I got from the monks at the Dover Ford near Greenwitch, which is now Grenich. Come to think of it, that’s not far from Saddle Bern. That’s where… well let’s start at the beginning – it’s the beginning for me at least. Me? I’m Siegfried Julian of Thames. King of Thames.

Let’s see… it was midsummer and I had just gotten a new stallion from my uncle, it wasn’t broken in yet. The roan outran my escort, and wouldn’t obey commands, or a sharp tug on the reins. It carried me into the forest, to Dalai, Brunec’s sorceress. I had been betrayed.

The next thing I remember I was in a cold and gloomy dungeon, laying in what I hoped was a puddle of water. And somebody was throwing pebbles at me. Where in the name of the Great Virgin am I? I sat up, shaking water out of my hair.

"I see you’re awake. Let’s go." A figure rose gracefully in the dark and pulled me to my feet with strong, lean arms. "The way out is not far. Follow me."

I couldn’t see him clearly, but he was slender and tall, like the ballet dancers that had visited the castle when I was young. He wound his way threw the catacombs with elegance and at a steady pace, while I stumbled and struggled to keep up.

"Be still. Rest, I must feed Raspa before we may pass." He disappeared into the shadows. Who, or more aptly "what," Raspa was I would never know. Though it makes the most horrifying screeching sound while feeding. He returned soon after the noise ceased. "We must hurry." He took me by the wrist and led me through the winding caves for what seemed like hours. Don’t ask me why I followed him; he seemed so… familiar. Like I knew him from somewhere, a long time ago.

We emerged from the cavern near a small lake. The stars sparkled overhead. The trees reflected off the lake, a light warm breeze making their image dance. I bumped into his back, for a moment I thought he was taking in the wonder around us. He reached into his vestment, and I noticed the shadowy figures surrounding us. The sudden screeching whinny of horses nearly stole my attention from the lantern being lit, the soft glow revealing a score of knights. Their grey matte armor bore two symbols. One, the face of a beautiful woman made of protective runes, all fools believe themselves protected by the Virgin. The second was a more unique design, a serpentine dragon wrapped around a hanged man. They were Brunec’s personal guard.

The lantern was handed forward revealing the presence of Brunec himself. "I find your very existence an affront to reason, Dominic. Tell me, just how is it that you got away from Bernstein and Bermen?"

"I have my ways. Adieu." Cryptic, I thought absently

I remember it only in flashes. Hooves churning the soft earth, the scrape and crack as a brave soldier was crushed more by speed than weight. They were Arabian beauties, steeds befitting the sinewy man beside me. Both were light and quick, well trained for riding hard into battle. Dominic's mount took him deep into the shadows. Its glossy black coat was like velvet. The white beast beneath me seemed to radiate with all the innocence of the world. It dragged me through briers for half the night. The sun rose from the trees like a phoenix. He led me to a woodland grove, which shimmered with eerie silver light.

"This is The Moonlight Grove," he smiled at me. His eyes were desolate pools of sparkling obsidian in the light but lacking the flame within. Black hair cut straight hung just below his shoulders. Dominic was clothed in worn finery of dark grays and light faded blues. He caught me staring at him, and seemed almost shy all of a sudden. "Awe, did Halgtetar hurt you?"

I glanced at the horse, grazing peacefully on moss at the foot of a three-foot waterfall, "Hagt-ar?"

"Close. Halgtetar. It means Pestilence. And this," he said stroking the velvet horse’s mussel, "is Ktitktailkt. Or Demon."

"Ka tit ka tail ka t." I said it slow, trying to get it right. He laughed at my attempt, and shook his lustrous locks.

"I’d have to say, not bad for a beginner. Pest rather likes you," Dominic stepped over to me, "she usually doesn’t let strangers ride her." When he stepped away again and lifted his hands from my shoulders I felt all my scrapes were healed. "That’s better. We best stay here a while."

I stared intently into his eyes, as if I could see the depths of his soul. What I found there would cause me acute surprise were I to find he actually stood in possession of one. "Who are you?" I asked at length.

"Me?" He smiled oh-so-humbly. He dipped into a exaggerated bow, "I am Dominic."

My interest in him was piqued. I issued the question before I was aware of my having done so. "Why is Brunec after you?" I nearly regretted the inquiry.

"I could ask you the same thing." His back was to me as he pulled a set of silver goblets from his tunic and filled them from the fall. He spun rapidly, spilling no liquid and smiled at me. "Drink?" His eerie grin reminded me of a wolf.

"Thank you." I accepted the chalice and drank deeply. The cold water felt heavenly on my parched throat. I know I should not have trusted him so easily; he had an odd air about him, explaining why I could not bring myself to look away from him as I drained the cup. But still I could not bring myself to lie, "I’m the prince of Thames. He wants to steal the throne."

"Thames? Is that what you’re calling it now? He knows it is my Wrensway," He clenched his fists. "That venomed, pox-marked, horned beast. That currish, dog-hearted rat’s bane. That roguish, toad-spotted measle," he cursed so eloquently. "I will not tolerate this."

"You? And how would you stop him?" I sighed, shaking my head. I knew Brunec and what he was capable of. One man, even this man would be no true challenge for one of Brunec's power.

"I have ways." Again with the Cryptic, I remember thinking. Dominic began pacing. "You’re the prince right?"

"Currently. I hope to remain so, should the heavens deem it."

"Why would he go after you and not the king…?" He stopped, his eyes locked with mine. Staring into my eyes he whispered under his breath. I didn’t know what though.

"Dominic?" I was beginning to grow nervous under his constant gaze.

He shook himself. "Sorry, nothing. So, why would he go after you and not the king?"

"Thomas is only regent," I stated with a touch more disgust than I would have liked. "He is no king."

"Ah, that would mean that you are nearly of age, and Brunec is legitimately in line for the throne. A take over would be simple with you out of the way." He smiled in what can only be called a malevolent manner. "Brunec will taste true fear before your coronation." His eyes grew cold. Colder than any winter's hell my imagination could create. "I swear it."

From the look of pure disgust etched plainly upon his deceptively handsome features, I doubted not a word of it.

That is how I met Dominic of Wrensway, the self-imposed protector of my kingdom. We agreed that it would be best if I stayed hidden until the week of my coronation. I wrote to my mother, the archbishop and the advisors, to tell them I was fine and would be hunting with a friend.

Of course Dominic’s idea of hunting involved wandering around, unarmed, in disreputable establishments looking for anything that involved mortal peril and minimal pay.

Dominic smiled. There's the wolf again. I reflected silently. It made me contemplate whether he actually does steal livestock in the night. "Oh, come on, it’s only a dragon, and a little one at that."

I stared in blank amazement at him. "It’s twice the size of a horse!"

"Small," He dismissed casually, "For a dragon."

His simple appraisal of the danger of situations such as these infuriated me to no end. "I have to stay alive, and so do you!"

"It’s not dangerous." He walked backward to the mouth of the dragon’s cave, "Watch." He turned and shouted, "Hey, hello, dragon!"

The massive serpentine head eased from the entrance to the dark cavern. The dragon flashed him a wide smile, baring sharp, white teeth.

"Good Dominic. I have not seen you for an age." His enormous emerald eyes turned to me. "And you brought a friend. The two of you must come in." He withdrew from the entrance, then shot back out in a flash. "For dinner! Ha . . . ha. . . ha . . . ahem. Sorry. Dragon and all of that. Reputation to uphold." He turned directly to Dominic. "I am sure you understand."

Dominic smiled. "Quite."

I stood by, dumbstruck.

The only time he ever fought in front of me was with humans, he seemed to toy with them. The most predominant in my memory was a near altercation in a grimy little pub in Saddle Bern.

"You're not that guy." Dominic laughed.

"I'm not that guy," an odd little confused man stammered.

"You're not that guy; you're you!"

"I'm not other people!" He threw up his hands. They may have been at this for some time before I got
there.

"I am other people," he stole the little man’s platter of meat, bread and cheese.

"That was mean," I said taking his chunk of cheese. "You really should learn to pay for your meals."

He looked at me with true surprise in his eyes. "Why?"

I looked at him, my face slack from disbelief. "It’s wrong, it’s stealing."

"These people are alive because of me." He was muttering again.

"Hmm?" I asked with a mouth full of meat and bread.

He peered about angrily, his mouth open to speak, to tirade, to . . . He sighed deeply and lowered his eyes to his meal. "Nothing," he sounded sullen.

"Hey, Bernstein, look ‘oo it is." two brutish looking mercenaries approached our table.

"Well now, if idn’t our liddle demon friend." The second one was taller, broader, and uglier. Half of the flesh on his face appeared to have been torn off. "You like the pretty boy, eh, demon."

Dominic never lifted his eyes from his plate. "He’s alright." He lifted the full weight of his icy gaze to the larger man. "Bernstein, despite what your companion may believe, I can make you uglier." He let the words hang for, but a moment. "Do not force me to prove it."

"Not this time, demon!" Bremen pulled a red glowing stone from his belt pouch. I had seen a gem like that before, when I was quite young. My fathered had employed a wizard of some power. I believe it was a soul gem.

I stood, fists clenching in anger. "Get that away from him."

"Are you afraid, demon?" Bernstein smirked.

"Only of your breath."

Bernstein went to punch him, but the little confused man whose food Dominic stole bumped into him. "Well, excuse me young man." He huffed and stalked away. In the sudden confusion, Dominic snatched the stone from Bernstein's gnarled hand. He had to disposed of the stone, lord knows where. Bernstein and Bremen took off.

Then he turned to me and said, "Black’s like a snake that can’t be bothered to bite you."

"That guy you stole the bread from? Wait… Black, as in Ouscy Black the Head Hunter."

"Yea, did you see the look on Bremen’s face?" He laughed then looked at me and said, "For that matter, did you see the look on your face?"

I returned to my chair. "Are you crazy?"

"It’s all right. He’s not dangerous or anything."

"Not dangerous! That was Ou…" he clamped his hand over my mouth. He smelled like roses.

"Not so loud. Attention is bad for men Brunec wants dead."

Ouscy Black. And Dominic never batted an eye. One would think that wouldn’t strike me as odd, with all
the things I knew about him.

Ouscy Black, the Head Hunter. I’m sorry; he was famous all through out my childhood. But you wouldn’t know about him. He was a legendary demon slayer. Actually, he never killed a Demon in his life. It’s really not that unusual. Demons are few and far between, and dislike attracting attention to themselves. Ouscy himself was a demon. Seems he was just smiting mortal men to protect his demon brethren from a witch hunt.

And don’t think I’ve forgotten the dragon. Patience is a virtue.

The dragon invited us in 'for dinner' as he claimed. In truth it was tea and cakes he served, not charred
human or some such draconic delicacy. His lair was, as myth tells us, filled with gold. It was also filled with fairies and other forest sprites. "I envy you, Dominic. Not a care in the world, no responsibilities. Nothing to tie you down. Such a life."

"The stars are always brighter in some one else’s sky. I envy you. Your home, your family." I noticed something in Dominic's eyes. Loss, perhaps? I vowed to speak with him of the matter at a later time. Such pain should not be the burden of one man. Regardless of his heritage.

"Then why do you not settle down?" The giant orange-scaled behemoth asked peaceably.

"I have responsibilities. My life is not so care free a most would have you believe." He drained his cup, "this is really good."

The dragon scoffed. "Really, and what would those be? Terrifying mortals, or saving them? Or can’t you make up your mind?"

"I protect Wrensway," Dominic sighed. "Anyway we need lodging for the night. Have you any sheddings you may be inclined to part with?"

The dragon looked on in confusion.

"As proof we slew you." Dominic explained.

But the best thing he did was just before my coronation.

The archbishop rushed me out of my room, and into the cathedral. I was buttoning my tunic as we ran down the stairs; my boots in one hand and my scabbard in the other. I tripped on the last step, going hard to my knees. I threw my right shoulder to the ground, rolling onto my back, rising to my feet in a fluid movement.

The sorceress was trapped in a stained-glass cage. Her master lay bleeding, bruised, and broken at the foot of the alter. My coronation was in an hour and I, yet again, had no idea what was going on. I walked up to Burnec, pinned on his lapel, with a black rose and a string of pearls, was a note from Dominic.

"‘A gift, as I regret I can not attend. I hope you like it,’" I read the gold lettering, "‘yours loyally, Dominic." The coronation was long and boring, but went off with out a hitch. Mother insisted on throwing a feast. Dominic sat beside me, grinning.

And I had to tell them. I knew I shouldn’t do it this way. I should tell my mother, the archbishop and the advisors. And see where to go from there. But that isn’t what I wanted, what he wanted. I am the judge of what is best for this country. I stood as if to make a toast, but I did not command the attention, or respect of a real king. It hit me then that my family had lost what Dominic had fought so hard for.

"If I may?" Dominic asked quietly from his seat. His gaze was fixed on the archbishop, who was talking to several of the wealthiest lords.

"Of course." Sighing, I pondered how he could put me on the spot.

He rose gracefully, stretched, and shattered every glass in the feast hall. The roar echoed through the castle for days after. His soft silken skin had become hard and rough. His perfect teeth were now jagged fangs, and his eyes, those sweet eyes, were glowing like fire. Hands forged in an instant rage, softened by centuries of repentance, always the high icon of control, were turned to the wild claws that have rended flesh from bone.

He reverted quickly. "Your king has an announcement." He sat back in his chair.

I had my kingdom back.

Last edited by xenre; 09-03-2009 at 10:26 AM..

Skay
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Skay

Old 09-06-2009, 06:41 AM

The Blue Jay's Song

A long, long time ago the Blue Jay was free. Free to do what she wished, free to fly. Free of any worries. But then she saw him. A magnificent Cardinal who sang his sweet songs so beautifully. You could hear the melody from so far away, just a whistle in the wind. It made her flutter every time she heard him. It seemed like forever that the Cardinal was with her, singing her songs, but time passed too quickly and soon the Cardinal became distant. He would go on his journeys and take longer and longer to return to the nest. Eventually the Cardinal left and didn't return.

The Blue Jay knew that he wouldn't come back. That she would never again listen to the songs she had so closely kept to her heart. Hours went by, days, weeks, months. But she would still hope that her Cardinal would come home to her. She had laid her egg and watched her chick grow into a beautiful Blue Cardinal.

Years passed and the Blue Jay met with a Robin. The Robin treated her well, and for a while she forgot about the Cardinal. But deep down she knew that the Robin did not completely fill the hole pecked in her heart. She continued with her life, not happy yet not unhappy. Her life was without songs. And soon her life was without happiness, for the Robin criticized the Blue Jay's not-quite-perfect feathers and pecked at her nest she had worked so hard on. But no matter how unhappy she was, she could not abandon the Robin like her Cardinal had abandoned her.

The days seemed longer and longer. But the Blue Jay continued with her tasks gathering strings and twigs for her nest..
And then, while she was doing this one evening, she heard such a familiar tune. A whistle in the wind, coming closer. Her tiny little beating heart skipped just once, and when she looked behind her breast, she saw him. As beautiful as she had remembered him, perhaps even more beautiful. Her Cardinal had come home to her, but it was too late. She could not leave the Robin.

With his glorious red feathers, the Cardinal sang his song to her once more. And once more, she knew the reason she had loved him. Such beauty in his song driven straight in her heart. They were together again for such a short time, and while they were, it was oh-so-glorious bliss. By evening she watched her Cardinal fly off with the setting sun with such a longing she had not felt in years. She could not wait until the next day.

Sunrise came. The Blue Jay flew to the spot where she had met him the previous day. She did not wait long until the Cardinal approached her. They spent the day doing as they had before, and once again the Blue Jay was in paradise. She watched him, once again fly away until she couldn't see the speck of his small shape any longer.

On the third day, once again the Blue Jay approached their secret spot. But today was different. She waited for hours for her Cardinal, but today he did not show. She waited until the sun started falling behind the hills and she waited even after the lights in the sky started to shine. She stayed there until she could not keep her eyes open any longer, and then she finally flew home. The Robin was snug in her nest as he always was, but she did not feel like joining him.

Days were longer, and nights were not long enough. The presence of the Cardinal had disturbed her mind, and brought joy and sadness to her heart. She was restless at night and not like herself during the day.

Eventually the Robin grew old and passed away with the last falling leaves of autumn and the Blue Jay was left alone, as it had been before she had ever found that wonderful, yet heartless red bird. She was alone again, just as it had been before she had heard that sweet sound in the wind all those years ago. But she did not feel free as she had once before and she did not feel joy or happiness. She felt alone.

That winter, as the grass was covered with snow and the moon was shining bright above her, the Blue Jay stayed quietly in her nest. She lowered her head beneath her wings, slowly closing her eyes.. when she heard it. That wonderful melody she had heard such a long time ago; and as she finally closed her eyes for the last time and took her last breath, she was happy again. Her Cardinal was coming home.

AlexandraAnn
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to AlexandraAnn

Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 AM

Some of these are Really, really short stories. xD Just wanted to drop in and say that so many of these are absolutly excellent! It would take far too long for me to say something to everyone so for now we'll stick with that!

I may be back later to post something of my own! We'll see. ;)

Avaxis Spin

Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 AM

The rain poured down on the fresh grave, stirring the dirt into a black fresh mud. The tombstone began to loose its sheen as the drops spattered mud along it's base. A single flower fell to rest on the mud. Amongst the passing black umbrellas and the bowed heads of grief there stood a solomn figure. A black trench coat with the collar flipped up stood out amongst the suits and dresses. No had seen him approach, no one had told him they were sorry for the loss. No one even wanted him there. To them it was his fault that she had died. To those who had not known the truth, it was he that had killed her.

Days before they had sat together in a local bar. A tradition that they had set aside for Wednesdays at the place where they had met. They always ordered the same thing, she a glass of pinot grigio and he a bottle of red stripe. The would always reserve their conversations on their future to these days, leaving the rest to talk of nonsense and the everyday routine. This day was a special occasion though. Not only was it a Wednesday, but it also happened to mark the fifth year of their marriage. They were ordering only the best tonight, and had fully planned on creating a tab of at least $500 and calling a taxi. It was on round 3 and the talk of when they wanted to have children that the night had taken a turn for the worst. It was a night he would always remember.

The evening was clear, but there was a flash outside the window that lit up the night in a blinding spectacle. It was quick enough to wonder if anyone had actually seen it, but the commotion it had caused for everyone reaffirmed the fact that it was real. The lights dimmed and then went out all together in the bar, and the owner had to calm down the rising tension in the room. It was at a sudden moment of deafening and eerie still silence that the door to the bar opened. It creaked on it's hinges, slowly allowing the light of the moon outside to cast a shadow on the floor. It was the silouhette of a man. He stood tall in the door and blocked it from any that would come or go. The uneasy silence continued as fear began to capture the heart off all of them. A couple closest to the door moved to walk out past the man. He stared at them, unmoving and cold. The couple begged to leave saying that they had finished their dinner and wished to head home. The man ignored them and continued to scan the room. He suddenly stopped and peered at her. Then, his eyes went to him.

"I've finally found you Shastalastar" the man said, his voice cold and deep.

The couple sensing there was to be trouble, began to panic and tried to push past the man in the doorway. Suddenly they both fell to their knee's, clutching both their heads and stomach. Then came a sickening pop followed by the splash of blood and entrails as the couple exploded simoultaneusly into one spattered splash of red. The man remained steadfast. She watched her husband stand to this stranger and step towards him.

"We have unfinished buisiness Shastalastar..." said the cold voice. "An eye for an eye."

"That was a long time ago Tialabar," he said. A new light had taken his face, one she had never seen before. Anger. She had never seen him in anger, but as he stood from his bottle of jamaican beer, he had an intensity in his eyes that pierced the very fabric of her soul.

From that moment all was a blur. The splintering of wood and flashes of explosions. Many ran screaming from the bar, trying not to get mixed in the throws of the battle ensuing. In a moment, it seemed as though her husband had the upper hand. He stood over the man, clenched fist raised above his head. But the man looked at her. There was no fear. He was not pinned. He smiled. He flipped up his hand from his side and she suddenly felt light. The room moved and her seat left her. All was silent and she was amazed to see. She was flying. Her husband turned to look at er. His eyes large with fear. She watched his lips part wide and a look of panic spread across his face. His hand reached out. Then she felt the pain. She turned her head and saw the shards of glass racing past her. She was suddenly outside laying in the parking lot. The cold black top on her exposed nerves and skin. Large shards of glass underneath her, crunching as she skid across the pavement. Then all went black.

He ran too her. He held her. He cried.

The man stood and brushed himself off.
"An eye for an eye..."

Everything afterwords was a blur. The sirens. The red flashing lights. The police. The blood. He spoke to them. He didn't know what he said. He didn't know what the bartender told them, or what they may have found. All he knew was the silence. Until the rain.

He looked up from the grave. The cars had gone now and he was the only one still standing there.

"I'll find him Maggie..."

Aaawhyme
The Almighty One: Pekoe!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:17 AM

The Story Of Zachary Kain
"She was crazy! She was nuts! She was completely insane! You have to believe me, I speak the truth!" Zachary Kain cackled, rocking back and forth in the sleek metal chair. He was a gentleman of twenty six, and he sat handcuffed in a dreary interrogation room on a crisp december morning.
A fat bearded man in an officer suit prowled intimidatingly around the accused. With his arms crossed tightly against his chest he gazed down at Kain with a menacing look and showed no mercy.
Kain could imagine him sitting in a rusty police car eating a box of pink sprinkled donuts while he wrote a young couple a parking ticket. He could also imagine him being a werewolf every full moon as well, but thats a different story. The point was that this was the man who was to be interrogating him. Kain didn't feel too lucky.
"Tell me your story one more time, Mr. Kain." He snarled, his eyes flashing a glint of red.
In the mind of Zachary Kain this man was the devil himself, with pitchfork included! He was somebody who would not see him as a human being but as a criminal.
Was he a criminal? Was he crazy? Never!
"Heehee, hah hah! I've already told you my story, my good man!" Kain laughed with his eyes crossed and his tongue hanging out of the corner of his mouth.
Before the inspector could call for a straight jacket, Kain snapped back to normal and the room went deadly silent. He looked directly ahead of himself, like there was someone else in the room.
The Inspector, knowing he was dealing with a loony, knocked on the table in the middle of the room to turn Kain's attention back to him.
The sound broke the silence and it echoed around the small room. Kain's face paled and he jumped, his head snapping to the side in search of something that was not there.
The Inspector frowned and looked around as well, expecting to see somebody else there; however, there was no one but he and the loon in the room. "Well I don't know about you but-" the inspector cut off his sentence before he had finished and reached for the buzzer that would call another officer in.
Kain was staring right at him, with terrified eyes, a crooked smile planted across his face. The corner of his eye twitched. "I'll tell it to you again. In more detail this time, Dean."
"Dean?" The Inspector wasn't sure what he was talking about. Had Kain finally lost it? Or had he lost whatever 'it' was, a long time ago? But whatever the case was, the Inspector now 'Dean', leaned against a wall and began listening to the story of Zachary Kain...
---
"It all began on a Tuesday. You may know the reason why I hate Tuesdays. Well if you don't, it's because it is the third day after the beginning of the week! I hate the number three, and it hates me."
"Anyway, after a long, tiring day at work, I was just about to back into my driveway when I noticed a newly painted minivan occupying my spot! Where was I to park my car when my spot was already taken?!
Thoroughly confused, and quite upset, I parked in the visitor parking and began wondering who that mini van, which was parked in my spot, belonged to."
"I sat in my car and pondered this for a few good moments before I noticed a man walking briskly out of the front door of my house and get in the car. I pressed my face against the window of the passenger seat and gazed at the shady figure with shifty eyes. "'Who is this?' I wondered intently, glancing at my watch. The plumber wasn't supposed to come for another two hours.
Maybe he came early? But it is common knowledge that plumbers are never early. Seriously, who would want to come early to pull old sewage out of a stranger's dirty pipes? Surely no human being I knew of. "
"'Maybe,' I wondered with a snicker, 'this man isn't a human being but an alien sent from outer space, sent here to invade humanity!' I pictured, with a grin planted across my face, a little green man with a ray gun zipping up a human disguise, trying to blend in. It was a crazy thought, but highly probable.
Thats when she came out. She, being my wife. I watched in horror as she came to an abrupt stop in front of the dark haired man and snogged the guy right in front of me! Unbelievable.
I knew right then and there, there was going to be some problems. What should I do?"
"I gasped and covered my mouth pulling away from the window and sitting back into my seat. 'The aliens must have gotten to her! He's converted her to their side! Brainwashed her with his little ray gun! Blasphemy! Not my wife!' I sat there in giddy silence while I ran things over in my mind. By the time I got out of the car, the van was gone and my wife was inside."
"I walked up to the door and hesitated, my hand hovering over the golden round doorknob. What would it be like when I went inside? Would it be awkward, or would it be like nothing had happened?
In life I figure that the best way to find out something is to go inside and check it out, and thats just what I did. I walked through the front door and faced her."
"'Hello, Alice. I'm home!" I smiled a fake smile, and gave her a fake hug. I kissed her with a fake kiss and faked a nice chat with her. Everything seemed fake now. The two of us were pretending, like someone had come and painted our world with a cartoon brush and now we were 2D characters on a T.V. screen. Everything was make believe. Would it stay that way?'"
"We went about the rest of our day by ourselves. The silence was just about deafening. You know that loud buzz you hear when there is nothing but dead air? Well I had it bad. It didn't help when the plumber came at six to fix the pipes. I answered the door to a short stub of a man who had hair all over his body but his head. I must admit however, that I was quite relieved to find that my wife wasn't cheating on me with this man. That would have been nothing but devastating and I believe I would have truly broken down right then and there; but the Tuesday God had been merciful this week and I kept my cool."
"It was an awkward trip to bed and I found that I was the last one to fall to sleep. I stared up at the ceiling the rest of the night, and wondered how to handle the situation I had so easily found myself in."
"The morning came too quickly as I had not gotten a chance to sleep. Alice commented on my appearance in the morning, about my red eyes, and I wondered if she actually cared or was she just saying that to make conversation; because it was awkward, it was very, very awkward."
"I'm sure that if I could read minds, I would think that she thought that I knew that I was thinking that she knew what I thought she knew. If that made any sense to you, then you are just about as mad as I am."
Surprisingly, the rest of the day was all right. At work I pestered people about buying the company's new products and with every phone call I began to wonder, were some of these people going through the same thing as me? Did they have a family member hiding something from another family member? Was it as tricky as my situation?"
"At one point I found myself pouring out my heart and soul to this one guy on the phone. When I had finished, I came to realize the man had hung up twenty minutes before and that I had been talking to nothing this entire time. At that point I didn't really care anymore and continued talking anyway, not just about what was going on with Alice, but with all my problems. The stress suddenly lifted from my body and I was as free as a bird."
"By the end of the shift I was smiling and happy. I felt as if I could do anything. That I could actually go outside and scream out to the world, 'MY WIFE IS CHEATING ON ME!' It was a good feeling and I made a note to do it again if something like this were ever to arise in the future."
"I stayed out after work for a few hours, not sure that if I were to go back and enter the house, I would end up feeling the same way I had that morning. I bought a cup of coffee and looked out the window for a long while. When I finally came to, I realized with a quick wave of surprise that it was already dark and that it had been dark for sometime now. "
"I hurriedly got into my car and pulled the gear into drive when I suddenly stopped. Why was I in such a rush to get home? Alice obviously didn't want to see me. For all I knew, she was out with... with him. And that was the first time I had thought about him. That man. Who was he? This mysterious being who had wisked my wife away with such style. What had I not given her that this man could? He must have really brainwashed her! He must really be an alien! I couldn't believe what I was thinking and I shook my head a couple of times feeling a tear fly out of my eye as I did so. "
"I let the car warm up and when it was more then ready, I whistled on home while trying not to think about it, but it was always there."
"When I arrived home I immediately noticed the unwelcome atmosphere and the little red lights that go on when your in trouble, were on. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion and stepped out of the car. I forgot to lock the car door and accidently left the keys in the ignition and that was what probably saved my life; but we'll get to that later."
"'Honey? I'm home!" I announced with a tone of caution in my voice as I tiptoed into the living room and looked around. The empty room was quiet. Too quiet. I peeked around the kitchen wall, feeling a bead of sweat dribble down the side of my head. "H-Hello?" I croaked, stepping into the kitchen and rounding the corner to the dinning room. My heart raced a mile and I wasn't totally sure if it was going to survive any more trauma."
"I found out all too soon when the phone suddenly rang beside me. The shrill ring tone of the phone pierced the silence and I leaped ten feat in the air, landing on my ankle and falling forward into a chair. The ringing stopped as soon as the first set of rings ended leaving me in unnerving silence once again. Did the caller just hang up, or had somebody in the house picked it up before I did?"
"The question, still unanswered, needed answering and I followed my motto: Go for it. I picked up the phone, covering the mouth piece with my hand and began to listen; however, what I heard chilled me deep through out my bones... "
"'Is it done, my sweet?' The deep voice of a man cooed on the other end, his tone was twisted and cold, like he was thinking of a foul deed. "
"'What could that deed be, exactly?' I panicked, my heart racing faster, if it could go any faster that is. I took a deep breath and listened, like my life depended on it."
"Then came the smooth calming voice of my wife, 'Ah, not yet my dear Dean, but soon. Soon we will be together forever, and we will not have to worry about him. And I will not have to worry about losing you both.' "
'Where is he now?'
'Doing something stupid downstairs, I'm sure.'
"Ouch. My eyes shifted back and forth while I tried to make sense of this call in my mind. What was this? What were they planning? Did she just refer to me as a 'him'? Am I the other man now? This couldn't be! I couldn't believe what I was hearing!
I took another deep breath and with sweaty palms and shaking fingers, pulled the phone once more to my ear listening intently. "
"Only three words were needed to satisfy my thirst for more questions, 'Kill him now.'"
"I can't remember exactly what I did at that point, but I do know that I dropped the phone, revealing my knowledge of the situation to the other two. I heard them hang up and then silence. Cold silence. Suddenly the staircase creaked and I bolted upright, my eyes wide with fear. I looked around for something to protect myself with, I didn't know if she was ready to do it yet or not. My eyes caught a glint of light and I turned in the direction of the kitchen, facing a giant machete knife on the counter in front of the sink. 'When did that get there?' I wondered and swallowed hard, it felt like I had swallowed a rock and now it was wedged in my throat. I made for the weapon and felt something whiz past my head, shaving off a patch of hair on the back of my head. I slammed my hand down on the knife and twirled around, facing the figure of Alice with two knives in one hand and a broken beer bottle in the other, its jagged edges pointed at me dangerously.
"'Hello dear, welcome home. Have a good day?' She hissed sweetly, and stepped forward. I tried to step back but my back hit the kitchen sink. I looked around for an escape route but quickly turned my attention back to her. "
"I replied in the same twisted tone as she had, 'My love, I'd have to disagree with that. I think that we need to talk.' I smiled and stepped to the side, slinking into the dinning room again and turning the corner to the living room. She came out the other side of the kitchen, closing the door behind her. I skipped past her just in time to avoid being sliced and diced. "
"We were now in a full out war, and I dove over the couch, flying into the flat screen TV and knocking it over. She made her way around the shiny black coffee table, stepping on top of it so she could fling herself at me, a loud battle roar escaping her mouth as she flew through the air.
I kicked off the wall and rolled past the floor lamp and onto my feet. Before she got a chance to chase after me I kicked over the lamp so she crashed to the floor in her rush to get to me. As soon as I knew she was good and down, I charged through the front door and flung myself down the steps, running to the car. Checking for the keys in my pocket I immediately cursed my bad luck, thinking that I had left them on the kitchen table like I always do. It almost felt like a Tuesday, maybe it was and the calender was wrong. Just when I thought all hope was lost, I peered into the car and noticed the keys still in the ignition. Rejoicing, I bounced into the front seat and turned the car on just as Alice appeared in front of the garage. I shifted gears and flew backwards, tearing down the street."
"A day went by after the incident and I knew I should have gone to the police when I had the chance, but I was too much in shock to realize that hiding in a hotel was a bad idea. I sat in the corner of the dark room, contemplating my next move. I was not sure what to do, seeing as I had never been in a situation like this and I started to think of movies that I had seen which were like this; but my mind was too cloudy to think of any and I shivered. Not because I was cold, but because I was scared. Scared of my own spouse. There has to be something wrong with that, I just knew it."
"As I sat in the dark hotel, I began to reflect on all that had happened to me in the past couple of days. That with coming home to see the dreaded black minivan in the driveway. That with the awkwardness of being in the same room as her. That with pouring all my woes to random people on the phone at work. That with trying to understand why I was not worthy enough for her over a cup of coffee. And now, now being trapped in a hotel, pondering on this, alone in the dark. 'How has it come to this?' I wondered, with my face in my palms. 'Why is this happening to me?'" It was not about space aliens anymore, this was no joke. My life was on the line here!
"I looked up from my hands with a glint of determination in my eyes. I may not have known why she had decided on this method of a break up, but I did know that what she was trying to do is wrong. I needed to head for the police. I needed to go inside, and check it out. "
"So, on the way to the police station, for some ungodly reason I decided to take the short cut through the woods. In the dead of night of all things, and somebody out to assassinate me, for that matter!"
"The car's headlights shone dimly against the pitch black road. There were tall dark trees looming on both sides of the road making me feel very small and unimportant to the world. The world would not end if I died, only I would end and I would be forgotten soon enough. So what was all the fuss? Should I just give up and let her end my life? Not a chance!"
"A deer bounded out across the road in front of me and I swerved to the side to avoid the animal. It skidded to a halt behind me and tore back into the woods as I sped onward, my heart running it's race once again. I had almost run over a deer! If I had thought that things weren't bad enough, this had to go and happen! What the bloody hell was wrong with this week?! The rest of the way to the police station I thought about what would have happened if I had run over that deer. Would I have stopped and hauled it off the road, or would I have kept going too afraid by what I had done to see if it was okay.
When I finally arrived at the station, I hopped out of the car and made sure not to hit the other vehicle that was parked beside me. I didn't want to get in trouble for denting a police minivan or something.
"To my great dismay, I found the station locked and closed with nothing but a sign on the door saying, 'Closed. If there is an emergency please call number at the bottom of the page or visit Cherrygrove's police station. Sorry for the inconvenience.' "
"The 'Closed' part of it really caught my eye and my stomach sank like I was in mid fall. Turning dully back to my car I sat in the front seat and stared ahead with the door still wide open beside me. I heaved a sigh, discouraged; and I looked in my rearview mirror. My eyes widened in horror as Alice's face came at me from behind and I shot out of the car, a knife dug into the seat I had just been occupying. 'Honey! I WANT A DIVORCE!' She jumped out at me from the back seat door and chased after me, as I was already halfway down the parking lot."
"You never really realize how physically out of shape you are compared to your spouse, and in a sense, its quite embarrassing; however, at this point in time, I really didn't give a damn. I did a full circle of the parking lot and came back to the car, her jagged breath blowing down the back of my neck."
"Every hair on my body stood on end I knew from that moment onward that I was going to be scarred for life. "
"I galloped for the car, dove into it and pushed on the gas petal, all at the same time, don't ask me how I did it because to this day I don't even know. Then it all happened so fast that by the time I had realized what had happened, it had already come to pass. Somehow Alice must have run in front of the car and the memory of the deer flashed before my mind's eye and this time I knew it was already too late to change fate..."
----
The inspector gawked at Kain with a blank expression with his mouth fully agape. He blinked a few times and his arms dropped to his side. He had moved from the wall to the chair after the first hour of talking and was now sitting across from the man he had once thought to be loony; however, he had a good reason to be acting this way, if the story were true that is. The inspector looked at him in a different sense, but he knew that this story could hardly help him out in court. He wondered if Kain knew that this would be hard to help his case; something told him he did. They still hadn't found this 'other man'. They still had no proof that this was not 'make believe'. Only that there was a woman dead and it all pointed to this one man. All they could now was wait and see...
Zachary Kain, a man convicted of man slaughter, slumped in his chair and looked up at the inspector with tired eyes. "Before I get hauled out to jail, could you tell me what day it is today?"
"Its Tuesday."
"Ah," he stated with a grim smile, "that would explain it."

========

So yeah... I wrote that for English class and I'm really proud of it.
I know there are things I can improve on with this, but in the end, I'm still happy with the result. :>

Last edited by Aaawhyme; 09-26-2009 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Wanted to make it easier to read.

Vanilla Condom
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Vanilla Condom Send a message via MSN to Vanilla Condom Send a message via Yahoo to Vanilla Condom

Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*
Tali grumbles at the loud noise coming from her alarm clock and groans as she tries to find the knob to turn it off in the early morning. She wondered why the mornings during the winter were more darker than ever, she believes evil demons are coming along, but that's just her imagination. In her bed she writhes and stretches and sighs as she pulled up the covers to her chin purring in the warmth of her bed. A few minutes later she managed to slip into her slippers and walked to the bathroom for a small leak.

"Ugh, why did Food Lion put me down for 7 AM shift today.." Groggily asking herself as she brushed her teeth. She spit the tooth paste out and swirled the water in her mouth as she finishes. On a Saturday, an actual day of the "weekend" shouldn't be a day where she has to drag her ass to work, she should be relaxing or shopping with her girlfriends. Her uniform was scrunched up in her closet like it shouldn't be in there in the first place. She quickly got dressed and put her hair up grasping her car keys she went on her way to work.

At Food Lion, the manager Darryl, is a complete douche. No joke. As Tali walks through the automatic doors she went straight for the computer to clock in. Darryl said "Good morning Tali, you awake yet?" She simply nodded and always had in mind it is useless to talk to him because he was a complete joke as a manager. He could talk to talk, aka talk all the time explaining we have to ask customers fifty questions or we would get fired. Well, almost 8 questions to be exact. He would be nearby to watch my coworkers if they would ask questions and treat customers with full respect and be helpful as possible. To be a cashier is to be kissing people from head to toe, it is shameful. But, when we would be in dire need of help, he would walk away. Coward indeed.

"Darryl, this gentleman would like a book of stamps." I said.

"Ask Linda." He said. He was standing RIGHT at the safe and register and has the authority/key to get it as well. Linda was losing her voice and getting sick while working vigorously at customer service. I thought "What an asshole." and ended up asking Linda and wishing her to feel better.

At work customers were nice, and customers are weird as well. After work Tali threw off her uniform and called up her friend Char to hang out. But for some reason her friend didn't pick up. She sighed on her bed and didn't know what to do.

[I don't know what I am writing, but I am out of ideas now, I can continue with this later.]

mizzzgotti

Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 AM

Therapist, "Have a seat. How are you doing this week?"

ME, "Pretty good this week.*silence*Oh, I think my doctor wants me to cut down my portions.

therapist,"And how did that make you feel?"

ME, "Initially fat, but then I wasn't sure if he really meant it or if he thought I asked him during the visit if I need to diet. I don't feel bad about it, it would be like him telling me to buy a Venus shaver, I know I need to shave so maybe he was just recomending."

Therapist,*still laughing* "Ahem, sorry I didn't mean to laugh. I see that you still do not find anything you say funny."

ME, "No, I've been working on that but I'm not sure what it is that I say that is funny. You know I have that phobia that I will laugh at something that isn't funny and everyone will think that I'm just either rude or a dork."

Therapist, "That's a valid feeling. Do you have anything you want to talk about specifically?"

ME,"Me . I mean I know that is just satisfying my narcisistic personality, but I can't think of anything else that interests me. The bad thing about it is I don't do anything and still feel I have interesting things to say. Is there some kind of medication I can take to get me out of my system?

Therapist, *tries to say something but is cut off by me*.

Me,"I mean, I will talk about taking a crap if I think you are listening to me. Well, I don't tell everyone I see about my bowels, but I've caught myself announcing that it is time for me to go take a crap;like someone really cares."

Therapist,WOW...okay, i see.....well...."

ME,"So, anyway, I heard some shooting outside the other day and decided to call 911 to report it."

Therapist,"and did you?"

ME,"Yes, and they called back within two minutes of the report to tell me it was a sheriff shooting turtles."

Therapist, *laughing*,"ahem, was that a joke or are you serious?"

ME,"Definately serious. I guess that is part of the job discription......who knew?"

Therapist,"So, how have your anxieties been?"

ME,"I don't remember having any anxieties this past week...looks like my medication combination is still working....oh, is there a side effect for losing hair?"

Therapist,"Let me pull up your medication."....*takes a while and I begin to make a shape out of her ceiling water spots*

ME,"Oh, you don't have to really check, I'm not losing hair...it was just a question."

Therapist:*looking agrivated but is not allowed to show it to her client* "So,is there a reason you are lying on the chair? is it uncomfortable?"

ME,"Oh, i didn't realize I laid upside down in the chair...I don't know how long I've been like this..*sit back up, awkwardly* So, you do know that you have water spot pictures of 1 grilled cheese sandwhich, 1 hula hoop with a meteorite in the middle, and 1 bunch of grapes up there right?"

Therapis,,"I don't guess I've seen those spots in that way. Interesting that you see those pictures."

ME,"Not really, I just have an eye for ceiling art."

Therapist, "kay....so, how are you feeling? do you still feel you blink too many time in a minute?"

ME,"definately! I am scared my eyeball is going to dry out and my lid get stuck to it."

Therapist,"Did you read the literature I gave you last week about the function of the eye and lid?"

ME,"Of course, and that is why I blink enough to keep it lubricated, especially now that I know what is needed for good eye care.

Therapist,"okay, but it's not interfering with your daily life?"

ME,"Oh not at all.....well, i guess i'm all out of talk."

Therapist,"You do know you have 46 more minutes right?"

ME,"Yeah, but I just don't know what else to talk about and I realized when you pointed out I was laying down in your chair upside down that I need a nap.....had fun though like always..."

Therapist,"Okay....so, see you next week same time?"

ME,"Yeah, you know I never miss....plus I still have that crush on you that I can't shake and it's the only time I get to see you."

Therapist,"We'll cover that next week okay? next week then."

session over

RinaRoad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2009, 11:09 PM

I Came To Party
Avalese stood at the door of the fantastic party. She noticed Bones and smiled, placing a mask across her face. He walked to her, a slight smirk in his steps. He took his time, nearly driving her mad. When he finally got to her, she trew herself in his arms and kissed him. They came to party and they were going to do just that. If you catch my drift...

Tigerlady
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM

Hello guyes, this one I just read, its a bit sad:

A new beginning

He has gone, forever. I will never see him again. Never.
What should I do? I can’t get up, my body is so heavy. I feel as though I have eaten stones. They are now in my stomach and I have no idea how to get them out again. Maybe never. Maybe I will die today in a car accident, or a flash will hit me.
I should probably stay home the today. I do not want to go to school where everyone stares at me, where I have no friends, but all are nice to me. I tell mom that I feel sick. She will believe me. Why shouldn’t she? Mom knows that I could not sleep last night and that I’m lieng awake for hours. I am so tired, but it’s not my fault that I can’t sleep. Every time I try to, or even when I close my eyes only for a short moment, I see his face. Over and over with blood, he is in pain I can see it but he smiles at me, like always. Sometimes you don’t recognize what you have until it’s gone. It’s not so sad when it is an object, but when you loose someone you loved, someone who was your best friend, who always smiled at you even if he was dying, someone who was just there. That’s like falling in a deep dark hole. I fell and fell, deeper and deeper, till the ground came. I landed on the ground of the hole and it damn well hurts. Sometimes it hurts so much that I can’t breathe. Then I open all the windows in my room and I have to lie down on the floor, because I’m so dizzy and faint.
James runs into my room, I close my eyes quickly. But he comes over and starts shaking me; what a foolish little boy.
“Leave me alone. I need my sleep.”
“No, mom said that you have to come and eat breakfast. And she said that you go to school today, whether you want to or not. So get up,” he says. His little face floats over me. He is very tan and his green eyes are the perfect contrast to the fine, red hair.
I grumble silently “asshole” and push James away. He screams something, but I don’t hear it; because I’m already on the stairs.
My mom is already in the kitchen. She makes pancakes, my favourite breakfast. The smell is dazzling, as always when my mom cooks. She is a real food-fairy! Her blond hair is tied into a messy pony tail. She turns around and fixes me with her green eyes, the same color as James’. I’m the only one who doesn’t fit in the family. I have brown hair, brown eyes and my skin is as white as snow. But also emotionally; I am not popular or funny. While everyone is smiling, I am usually the one who does not.
“Come on sit down and eat,” mom says.
“I don’t want to go to school. I’m sick,” I answer.
“I know. But today is a new day. It’s a new beginning.”
“No, its not. People are ignoring me and at the same time they stare at me like I have an illness. I am not going to school.” I am almost crying. The reality is hard.
“You will, and I won’t argue with you. You go to school and smile, and then everything will be alright. Now go, dress; in ten minutes the bus will arrive.”
Angry, I stamp up the stairs and start changing from my warm, fluffy pyjama into a simple black shirt and jeans. I hear the bus coming, grab my bag and run. I have no idea why; actually I really don’t want to go to school.
The landscape is passing the window and the bus is getting really full, but I’m still feeling lonely. I remember the first day I met him. It was after summer break. He was sitting in my place-at the back of the classroom, next to the window. He had tan skin and dark brown hair, which flowed like silk. I sat down next to him, a thing I normally never do. But he was new; at the latest after two days he would sit by the others. I tried to guess where he would fit in best- jocks, artists, smartasses, or emos? I had no idea. He turned his head, now I could see his face. I was sure that he had Native American blood in his family, but his eyes were piercing blue. After an eternity, it seemed to me, of just staring at me, he said:” Hi, I’m Chris.”
“Summer.”
“What? Ohm, was that a question?”
“No, my name is summer.” O god, I thought, that is so embarrassing. Why does this always happen to me?
“Are you new here too?” he asked curiously.
“No, why?”
“Because you sit at the back of the class, next to me. Normally people sit with their friends.”
I knew that I would have to tell the truth now, if I didn’t the others would tell him.
“I don’t have any friends. I had one last year, but her family moved to Moscow and she had to go with.”
“Oh, so we both don’t any have friends. Well, then we match well together.” He flashed a cheeky smile and against I smiled back.
Then at the end of the day we had a class together again and he came to sit next to me.
“Hi, Chris, how are you?” I said.
“Oh, you remember me! I’m good, very good.”
“Why shouldn’t I remember your name?”
“Normally people don’t really remember me. And most people never learn my name. I don’t really know why that is. Probably my appearance is so uninteresting or something, but sometimes I feel like I am invisible.”
I shook my head. I couldn’t believe it. He was so nice. How could he be invisible? But over a few months we got to be really close friends. And I realised that he was right. Everyone liked him, what wasn’t surprising, but on and off I got asked who the guy was that I was hanging out with. Or what his name was. Also teachers always forgot his name or sometimes thought that he wasn’t there and asked me if he was absent. For many people this probably would be painful, for example me. But Chris didn’t really care; he called himself the invisible man.
I have to smile. It’s always so nice when I remember the good things I did with Chris.
“Step out, please,” the bus driver says through the microphone.
I practically have to jump out of the bus, because everyone behind me is pushing. I’m lost in a crowd of students, and again the cold feeling of loneliness comes over me. I’m freezing.
The school door is wide open, like a huge mouth which eats all the students. Everywhere I can see kids with their friends, at their lockers, talking with teachers or eating the leftovers from their breakfast. The smell of my school is unbelievable: a bit like old sweaty socks mixed with disinfectant spray, food, make-up and old, cool stones. I realise all these things, but I’m not a part of it. I am only an observer. Watching the American teenagers’ everyday life. I come into my English class. Right there in the corner, on my place at the window. There sits a girl with dark brown hair.
I try to smile and go to sit next to her. Mom is right, its time for a new beginning. Chris death is now six months past. It was a car accident and I was with him. I saw him dying. I think when someone you loved dies, a part of you dies too. But the other part of me is still alive, even if it doesn’t feel like that at the moment. I have my whole life in front of me.
“Hello, my name is Summer,” I say.

Tigerlady
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Here is a second one: this one is much shorter then the other!

Even when she was out all day long and danced trough the night;
When she had a mountain of work to do or she was so sick that she
felt like dying, she made her daughter-Jenny- breakfast and brought
her to school.

this is only a little thumbnailscetch.

Setting: What is that?

It’s spring. The weather is warm and sunny. I walk along an old stone wall which is overgrown with ivy and other plants. I can see the mortar between the stones.
A very big and grey house stands in the garden behind it. I look curiously into the garden through the intricate garden gate. The garden is lush green and the shrubs are overgrown. There’s a little pond on which the sun shines. It’s so pretty!
There is bench under a huge and very old sycamore tree. Two men are sitting in the shadow: probably a father and son.
The son reads the newspaper, while the old man is day dreaming and looks a bit dumpish.
They don’t look very close. They are slightly turned away from each other.
I can hear the sparrows very clearly now. It’s like a strange but lovely music.
One of them flies down, on the ground. At this moment the old man lifts up his head, and looks at the tiny bird.
“What is this?”

This is a setting from a short movie, you can watch it on youtube with english subs, because they talk in greek.

TeeJayeDee
LOLCat Liason
Send a message via ICQ to TeeJayeDee Send a message via AIM to TeeJayeDee Send a message via MSN to TeeJayeDee Send a message via Yahoo to TeeJayeDee

Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 AM

The following is an excerpt from a background story for my NPC in a roleplay I ran from my own site. Contact me if you are interested in joining as I am about to restart the game.

I was born Amanda Carter in Helsinki. My parents were fairly well off, having done well in the seed market in the last crisis. So, when I turned 16, they asked me if I wanted to be Enviromodded or Upgraded as a present. They knew I was a curious girl and sensed I wanted to go offworld. Honestly, I think it was just to get rid of me. I spent a lot of their money when I was around.

So, after a lot of consideration, and a little peer pressure from my boyfriend at the time, I asked my parents to get me Upgraded to Neko. It's a popular Upgrade, too. My parents are cool with it, especially since it has some built in weaponry. They know I tend to get into scrapes and the claws and teeth can be handy.

After I do the Upgrade, my boyfriend decides he doesn't really like Nekos after all and goes after Isabella Gottried, who had the Aphrodite done to look like some old time 2D movie star, Marylin Monroe. What a flake. So, I take the High School Equivs and pass easy, then enroll in Gates University in Seattle. Since I'm Upgraded, no one really knows I'm just 16 so it goes well, and I'm out with a Masters in Communication by the time I'm 20.

Honestly, those four years are a little blurry because catgirls are really in demand in the UDS for some reason. It was school, party, sleep (maybe) then school again for that time. No attachments, I just wanted to get some sort of education and figure out where to go from there.

I tried getting into TurnerMicrosoft but a Neko with a communication degree screamed "personal assistant", so I looked around a bit. Being young, when I saw there was an opening for a tour guide at Luna Reno, I thought maybe I could do that for a little while, see the sights, while I looked for something better. I took the name Molly Coddle to keep out of entanglements.

That was seven years ago, and I'm still there, in the same job. Well, mostly. I do more on the side than I really do as a tour guide, and I like it that way. I am very good at picking up on people and learning just the right things, and that is more valuable than water on Luna.

I'm perfectly happy here for now. I'm socking away money to get my own company, which at this rate won't take too long. Meanwhile, I still work for the City of Luna Reno in the Tourism Department.

All in all, not a bad deal.

TeeJayeDee
LOLCat Liason
Send a message via ICQ to TeeJayeDee Send a message via AIM to TeeJayeDee Send a message via MSN to TeeJayeDee Send a message via Yahoo to TeeJayeDee

Old 10-27-2009, 03:15 AM

Hello and Welcome to TMSN Systemwide News. I'm Britney Fletcher, coming to you live if you are on Earth or as far out as Luna, on a time delay if you are further out. Check your local listings for information. Today's top story is the J. Edgar Morgan scandal. System Police raided a secret bioroid factory in L5 in response to an anonymous tip. At this factory were allegedly illegal bioroid copies of some of today's most popular actresses and entertainers, including Jenny Longitude and Sharon Apple. Neither Miss Longitude nor Miss Apple's agents authorized the copies, and it seemed that they had been programed with non-volitional AIs to react much as the real people would act, but with the modification that they were programmed as sex slaves. Initial evidence indicates that this factory is the property of JEM Enterprises, Mr. Morgan's flagship company. The bioroids have been seized as evidence and the factory has been shut down. Mr. Morgan was unavailable for comment.

In other news, Jenny Longitude has signed a five picture contract with Unistar Pictures. A press release stating she was planning on revisiting her role as Faun Palin, the first female President of the UDS, in an upcoming picture. Critics speculate this is in direct competition with Sharon Apple, who was of course birthed by the company whose last name she bears, stating that she may want to try her hand at acting in the near future.

The latest violence between the Grounders and the Orbers in Los Angeles escalated again yesterday when the Orbers announced that they were officially accepting members of the Church of Scientology into their fold and invited the Church's highest ranking members to visit Exodus II. The Grounders started with a peaceful protest in front of a Scientology Church in downtown Los Angeles, at the site of the historical Capitol Records building, but it quickly built up when Jessiah Masterson, a high ranking member of the Orber religion and his followers showed up. It quickly degraded into a riot which had to be broken up by the LAPD's special riot response team. My advice to you is to not go into the area for a day or so while all of the itchfoam dries out and blows away!

TurnerMicrosoft announced that despite previous negotiation difficulties, it will now publish a version of "Apple's Dance Party", the Sharon Apple dance simulation game, for the XBoxUltimate. The lack of access to this immensely popular game has put the XBoxUltimate behind its competitors, the PlayStation 11 from Sony/Bandai, and the iGame from Apple/Viacom.

In sports news, the Mars Maulers defeated the Castillo Conquistadors to win the System Cup in soccer, or "futbol" if you prefer. The Conquistadors barely managed to get to the finals by defeating the Washington Warriors with a last minute goal. The Cinderella dream is over for the ENL team, who hasn't been the same since MLS ruled that anyone with cybernetic implants cannot be a player on an MLS team.

Today, Jace Neotech has announced the release of their newest customized animal, the Bengal Bunny. It is more than just a cosmetic change, it is a clever creature engineered for gentle and happy fun with the kids, and it purrs! Isn't it cute?