Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Devilfern

Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 PM

Claudia smiled back at Samuel. Once she got talking about Orcade, no one could stop her, but it seemed that the walk to the kitchens was shorter than she'd imagined. She peered around Samuel's shoulder to see inside, and her eyebrows went up at the scene in front of them. And so many elegant ladies and gentlemen were inside, Claudia felt a little abashed that she was still wearing her muddy riding clothes. Still, nothing could be done about it, and she edged inside behind Samuel to get a better view.

"Oh." Claudia said, looking at the slippery floor and the maiden who had fallen down. She looked around at the state of the kitchen, and inwardly shrugged. She'd had a few cooking lessons from the family cook back in Orcade. Her parents had encouraged it, to keep her out from under their feet. She had been a boisterous child. "Would you care for any help? I know a little bit about cooking..." Claudia said, addressing no one in particular.

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 10-09-2011, 11:50 PM

[Thank you~ I hope this goes well.]

The blue-haired youth gave a light-hearted laugh, knowing all too well how mothers could be about their children, especially daughters. He witnessed it all the time with Eithne and Jenna, and when his birth-mother Aletta was still alive he had to admit he was also doted on and fussed over.

"My apologies for a late introduction as well. I am Zamir Rene Phoenix, acting Emperor of Linaeve," he began with a bow. "If it pleases the lady Nerine, I will be glad to help you heave those inside. You'll surely need it with all the steps."

He walked over to her bags without waiting for her answer, sizing them up and lifting each one by one to make sure he gets the heaviest. Zamir raised his eyebrow at the weight of the smallest-looking suitcase.

"Books, I presume?" he asked, turning to face the princess with another smirk. "I heard from my father there was a library in here with all kinds of literature from around the world. You might not have had to bring all of these."

[By the way, his name is pronounced "Some-Air/Zham-ere Ren-ay" or whatever. <_< I'm not too sure how I want it to sound myself, but that's what I've got it down to.]

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 AM

Nerine smiled, glad he understood. She curtsied out of habit when he introduced himself. His name ringing a vague bell in her mind. At least for his kingdom. "Pleasure to meet you." Glancing down at her bags, she chuckled. "Thank you for the help.. It is appreciated. I can lift some, but.. not all at once." she commented before stepping aside to let him try to help.

Seeing him test the weight on the luggage, she almost smirked at his expression. Possibly because it didn't look heavy. "It is not just books, but most are, yes." she said with a light smile. Her eyes widened at hearing that she'd brought the bag for almost no reason. "I.. wish I had remembered that bit." Of course it would make sense that there would be a library. It was a castle, after all. She'd just been too busy with other things to really pay attention to that part. "Ah well.. No use worrying about it, now that it is done." She grabbed one of the suitcases and heaved it over her shoulder with some difficulty. It was easier to carry. At least for her. That way it wouldn't drag on the stairs. "Do they assign the rooms? Or can you just pick a room to your liking?"

( Haha, the second one seemed to fit the pronunciation a bit more. but both are good. X3 )

April

Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 AM

"Perhaps it depends on what time you arrive, Milady," Zamir wondered out loud, picking up the book-heavy suitcase and the rest of the Jemtia princess's luggage with ease. These were nothing compared to the stone statue his old man had him move by himself, only to put it back in the same spot. He held back a wince at the memory. "I vaguely remember being shown to a room last night, but there appears to be no one to assist us today.. or for the rest of the month, according to the invitation, for that matter," he continued, turning his head to toward the huge open doors he'd just come through.

The young Emperor soon turned back to Nerine with a tilt of his head and a smile, motioning for her to dismiss her coachman. It would be rude to just leave without thanking him, after all.

[Then I guess we'll go with "Zham-ere". Is Nerine pronounced "Neh-rin-ay"?]

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 AM

Ayame laughed softly, letting go of his hand after she received his help. It was nice of him to help, she appreciated it greatly- but the situation was quite embarrassing to be caught in, albeit humorous. One of her hands rose to rub the back of her neck, a nervous habit, as she listened to what he had to say. "Ah, well- yes, it was... Cooking is one thing, I suppose cleaning is entirely different." Smiling shyly, she then looked over in time to see the door opening as another two guests walked in.

Oh dear- now this was truly embarrassing. Now not only had Sir Dubois seen her in this state, but now Sir Winters and Lady Orcadené, if she were right, had seen the mess she'd made as well. First replying to the gentleman, Ayame let out a soft sigh, "I cooked a meal, and was in the process of cleaning up after myself," she gestured to the water, "but it appears I have made a mess..." Laughing softly at herself once more, she smiled at the lady's offer, shaking her head slightly at the offers of both Lady Orcadené and Sir Dubois, "It is quite alright, I appreciate your kindness. Sorry for creating a ruckus," she inwardly cringed as she curtsied to them all before grabbing a rag from a cupboard to mop the floor, then looking over the water to create a plan of action, so to speak. Cleaning was foreign to her, but it must be done. Then remembering the chicken she'd left on the table for the others, her gaze returned to them, "Ah! There's chicken and cooked vegetables on the table, if you are hungry," she added with a small smile before kneeling down upon the floor to mop up her mess.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-10-2011 at 08:26 PM..

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 AM

She was surprised to see him carry the rest of the luggage. The man was stronger than he appeared. She thought about what the letter had said. It was true, they would have to do everything by themselves. It was not a big deal to her, except the cooking bit. She couldn't cook anything but the very basic foods. Anything complicated or having more than three ingredients, she messed up. Other than that fact, she was set for the month. "Then I shall just have to pick a room that is left." Hopefully one with a window.

Looking as he motioned to the carriage and her driver, she almost blushed at being so forgetful. It was probably due to the whole ride there. Her brain was still in rest mode. "Oh. Thank you for the ride here. Tell my parents I've arrived safely, and will miss them." She said with a small smile to her coachman. He had been a nice person for putting up with the long ride here.

Once she had expressed her thanks, the man had gotten back in the carriage to leave. She turned back to Zamir to walk after him. "How should I address you? Sir Zamir, or, my lord? Or simply your name?" She asked, unsure of whether or not he would like a title or any particular way to be called.

( I honestly don't know how exactly its pronounced. I think its more like Neh reen? Ne rean? XD its hard, for a simple name.. at least for me, ahah. X.x; )

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 AM

Romano began walking as he replied. I hail from the kingdom of Delritch, it lies to the east past the mountains. It is a remote land and as such, we do not usually deal with the other kingdoms. And yourself? They reached the front door and he held it open for Maiara, bowing as she neared. A formality that was routine in his house.

Arc Angel

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM

[Ayame was skipped. xD I think we were posting at the same time...]

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM

Ah xD not really, its just, other people walked in the kitchen. XD wondered if you should edit? O.O or, shall I just respond? Lol )

Arc Angel

Old 10-10-2011, 08:10 PM

[Ooh, sweet Jebus! ^^;; I'll edit.]

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Devilfern

Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 AM

Claudia brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and hazarded a smile at Princess Ayame. Should she help her clean up? That would be the only polite thing to do, but Claudia hadn't ever touched cleaning supplies in her life. This really was an odd kind of gathering. Claudia decided to risk it and gathered her skirts around her before taking another rag out of the cupboard and joining Ayame on the floor to clean up the water. From her position down on the floor she got a better look at the other lady. She was pretty, and Claudia envied her hair...as she'd said to Samuel Winters, dark hair was the fashion in Orcade. Perhaps she could try dyeing her hair...

"So, um, what is your name, my lady?" Claudia asked, sitting back on her heels. She thought briefly of the state of her dress, but after the mud she supposed that a little more dirt wouldn't do any harm. "I'm Princess Claudia. Of Oracade." She added the last bit after a pause. Normally she didn't have to say what country she was princess of!

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 AM

Seeing as the two women have decided to take care of the mopping, Samuel thought it would be productive to start picking up the scattered utensils. Not wishing to interrupt the ladies' conversation, he turned his attention to the other gentleman in the room. "So how have you been, Lord Dubois? I hope things are well. It's really surprising to see you at this event."

As he spoke, the duke began to pick up the nearest pot followed by the nearest saucepan. He layered one on top of the other before walking over to pick up the farthest stray fork. After picking up a few more things, he brought them towards the stone sink. When he had set those aside, Samuel turned around to collect more, starting with the bucket that Princess Ayame had dropped.

[Too bad there were no faucets back in the days of yore :lol:]

Last edited by MintyRey; 10-11-2011 at 04:13 AM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-11-2011, 03:42 AM

“I hail from the kingdom of Iruna, which lays in a valley deep within the northern mountains. It’s pretty much isolated from the other kingdoms.” Maiara gave him a smile they walked towards the front door. As she passed him while he was holding the door open for her she gave him a slight nod. “Thank you.” She gathered a bit of her dress to continue down the stairs and waited from him at the bottom. It was a little hard to think of something to talk about. She had noticed the scar on his cheek, but was unsure if it would be wise to ask about it. Maybe if they got on the topic of sparring it would be more appropriate to ask. “I do not believe my family has ever had dealings with Delritch before. Could you tell me what your homeland is like?

Arc Angel

Old 10-11-2011, 04:02 AM

[ Quick Note: Shania583 has chosen to withdraw from the roleplay, so her characters Lord Fenchu and Lady Tempas have been removed. :/
Faucets would've been handy. xD ]

Ayame took a moment to observe the other lady as she realized that she had stayed to help her clean, taking careful mental note to repay her for her kindness in the future, if circumstance allowed. The dust of freckles on the lady's cheeks caught her eye, a trait that would've screamed 'foreigner' had they been in Kyoku. They were very pretty, though rare in the eastern land where she hailed from, so they were definitely a sight to see. She mused that she may see much variety in dress, mannerisms, and appearance at this event, and the freckles may be the most subtle. "I am Princess Ayame Myazaki of Kyoku," she replied with a small smile. "It's a pleasure. I appreciate your kindness," she added almost as an afterthought, her attention turning back to cleaning, "I never thought cleaning could create such a mess." Laughing softly, she then shrugged a little, "Or perhaps it's my clumsiness." Ayame frowned inwardly at this thought, for gracefulness was always something she was taught to strive for, and normally she would not be the one to commit clumsy mishaps.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 AM

[Alrighty :) Off to edit my previous post!]

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 AM

He chuckled, nodding in understanding. He didn't doubt that most in the household did not know how to do manual labor. Especially those that were of higher status than his. He was still new to a couple of the household chores. Once he had heard that there were no servants to do their things, he had to ask some of the servants how to do particular things. Like laundry and some cleaning.

"It is quite alright. So long as you did not injure yourself." He smiled over to the two other royals. "Hello there." He knew the two, but it had been a long time since. Helping in picking a couple of items off the floor, and being careful of the watery floor, the green eyed male glanced over to the other duke. "I have been doing well enough. I'm surprised as well, but my father thought it would be a good idea to interact with everyone, and hopefully bring a bride home." he stated with a light smirk. "It is an interesting idea... Spending a month like this and see what happens." He almost predicted some chaos happening.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 AM

"I doubt marriage is so simple. Though I suppose by accepting the invitation and coming here, we are guaranteed a bride.", he replied with a chuckle. "Matching locks and keys are to be wed at the month's end, was it not? This, by far, is probably one of the fanciest arranged marriage agreements I've ever heard of. An interesting idea indeed."

After giving it some thought, Samuel placed the empty pail near the two princesses so that they could wring out the water-logged rags over it instead of having to get up to the sink all the time. "In case you....err...need it, m'ladies.", Samuel added. It felt strange saying this to two noblewomen of high rank since one normally wouldn't see royalty doing such a menial chore as mopping. But back in his father's house, he and his brothers had to learn how to do the work that came with preparing freshly caught game.

His father was passionate about hunting. As soon as they knew how to walk, Lord Marcus had brought each and every one of his sons with him to teach them his favorite hobby. It had become a yearly tradition for the family. At the open of every season, out the boys would race towards the forest with hounds and attendants following behind them. Once they had found a good camp site Lord Marcus and his sons would leave their horses behind and hunt on foot. Whatever they caught they would eat some of at the campsite or bring back home. The former duke made sure his boys helped with cleaning and preparing the meat they brought. Because he spent hours in the kitchen after a hunt, Samuel was able to watch how the scullions worked.

With a nearly inaudible "Pardon me..." as he maneuvered around them, the black haired boy picked up another empty container by the far wall and left for the courtyard's well to fetch more water for the dishes. Soon he returned with a bucketful of water. Avoiding as much of the slippery kitchen floor as he could, the duke brought the bucket over to the sink and placed it nearby for when they were ready to use it. He wondered if it would be enough, unsure of how much water the servants back home had used for doing the dishes. After a tentative pause, Samuel looked to his three companions and asked, "Do any of you know how to do dishes by any chance?"

[Let me know if I need to edit anything :)]

Last edited by MintyRey; 10-11-2011 at 06:54 AM..

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM

Romano hurried down the stairs to join Maiara. As he fell into step beside her he began to talk Our kingdom is mainly a mountainous region with some flat highlands for grazing our cattle. Our hunters are very traditional, using knowledge of the mountains passed down through generations. Our royalty is traditional as well. Four generations sit on the throne before a new regent is placed by popular vote. That way anyone's family can seat the throne. If the current ruler isn't re voted of course. I will be the third generation if my family to rule so my eldest son will be the last to rule before the vote is cast. he smiled and turned to Maiara. So tell me about Iruna. Will you take the throne?

April

Old 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM

Zamir also waved good-bye to the princess's coachman as he left, pondering for a minute the question he was asked.

"You
could call me 'Master'," he teased playfully, hiding behind a straight face while they walked through the main doors. "As thanks for carrying your luggage inside."

He didn't wait to see the look on her probably shocked face, but instead took this time to marvel at the beauty of the famous summer castle. He was reminded of home by the many arches, windows, statues and suits of armor lining the main hallway. Thinking of home just now also brought him back to the words his father said to him before the young Emperor left home: "Believe me, brat. You'll be leaving here as you are now, but when you get there you'll be a completely different person."

And then realization struck him, especially considering what he'd just said to Nerine moments ago. The 'usual' Zamir would never be so brazen as to suggest such a thing to a crown princess. He shook his head and put his palm over his face as it paled and then blushed in embarrassment for a good minute.

Last edited by April; 10-12-2011 at 02:43 AM..

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 PM

(holy cow, what'd i miss?)

April

Old 10-11-2011, 07:46 PM

[Um.. let's see.

Shania583 left the thread, so her characters "Kitty" and "Kalven" are no longer active. Pretty much everyone else is in the kitchen helping clean up the spill Ayame made. Zamir and Nerine are now headed upstairs to find Nerine a room. I believe they just missed Romano and Maiara, who have both just re-entered the castle.

Did I forget anything?]

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-11-2011, 11:27 PM

The bi-colored eyed baroness was sore, the only sort of transportation she would go by is by horseback, it was one of her favorite pass times, but after travelling for two days to get to the summer castle, she was tired, sore and was not in the mood to deal with anyone at the moment. She gave a sigh of relief when she spotted it above the trees, pushing her staillion to go even faster then it was already, the guardsmen that were with her, let her go. She smiled when she saw the size of the estate, it was much grander then her home but it was not home to her at all, the sad thing was that she had to make it her home for a month.
The guardsmen finally stopped in front of the castle, placing her things onto the steps leading up to the doors before they helpped her of her horse, taking the reins as they bowed to her and bid good by before leaving quickly. "Least you men could have done was help me carry it into the house." she grumbled as she walked up to where her bags were, picking one up at a time to move it outside the door, her self, she was slightly breathless so she sat down on one to catch it. Once she was okay she stood up and promptly knocked on the door, waitting for someone to answer it, though she had a feeling that she would have to do everything herself.
You see she did get the letter but her father had open and read it, smiling before he put the lock around her neck and sending her on her way, not giving her any imformation except it was a chance that she could get some associates, more like people that she could get to do her favors when she needs it.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 PM

The girl's eyes widened in shock at his words. She was taken aback by it. Nerine stared at him almost wondering if he was serious or not. She'd never before been told to call anyone 'master' or such titles. Maybe a polite, 'My lord' or the like. And only to those of a higher title. However, since he was a higher rank than her, maybe in his empire their customs were different. Hopefully he was not serious. "Master? But.. wouldn't it be the other way? Since, you are carrying my things." She pointed out, a light smirk now showing on her face, but somewhat hesitant.

He acted like an old friend she had. Always a jokester, so maybe that was why she didn't act offended. She was sure one of the more fussy people would get angered by such an action. Looking around the inside of the castle, she smiled. It was huge but very nice. Knowing they would be staying there a whole month made her both excited, and dreading it. The blond haired princess had never stayed away from home for longer than two weeks. That was With servants. Without, she would be at a loss in what to do sometimes.

Looking over at Zamir as they headed to the stairs, she was surprised to see him suddenly hide his face. Perhaps he had a sudden change of heart in what he had said. Raising an eyebrow in concern, she paused. "Are you alright?"

"Marriage is Never simple." That much he could estimate. He smirked, giving a nod as he put everything away once he figured out where all the pots and pans went. "It is a little more elaborate than the usual ones. I suppose it gives you a better chance. Just so long as they match." He felt bad for the pair that couldn't get each other. Wondering what would happen if he fell for a maiden who's lock did not open for him, he tilted his head. "I wonder, if don't get your desired girl, you just go around and try to unlock all the ladies' locks and see which opens for you. " That would be amusing to see.

Once all of the fallen items were put away, he glanced over at Samuel in question. Washing dishes couldn't be that bad.. Giving the sink a calculating look, he shrugged. "I could give it a go. How hard can it be? You just, put them in soapy water and then dry them, don't you?" he asked, almost frowning.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM

((Actually Romano and Maiara went outside for a walk.))

Maiara greeted Romano with a smile. His homeland sound like it might be interesting, but it could also be dull since things were traditional. Sure traditions were all well and good, but sometimes changes needed to be made. Change was hard to bring around sometimes. “Let’s see,” she said looking up at the sky. “Like I said before Iruna is in a valley. There are vast forests surrounding the kingdom. There is also some plains and a large lake in the southern part of the kingdom. Our hunters are the same. For the royal family there is only two lines left after Iruna was devastated by the plague about 50 years ago. I would like to take the throne, but I’m told that tradition decrees that only a male heir may take the throne. Since my parents only had two daughters, it’s possible that my cousin may claim it….” Her voice trailed off as she remembered part of the reason why her parents sent her here. There was a clause that stated if the eldest heir was a female and if she married before the eldest male heir reached his 15th birthday then that female heir along with her spouse may claim the throne. There were only 4 months left before her cousin’s 15th birthday. In some ways she was being turn in two directions; one was finding a husband so she can take the throne and the other actually marrying for love instead of obligation and her own personal gain.

April

Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 AM

[Oh, okay. Well they must be at another door I guess, since they also missed Ameila. xD ]

"Ah. Er.. Yes, I--" Zamir started, bewildered by his own lack of composure, but before he could finish answering there was a loud knock from the giant wooden doors they had just recently entered. It must have been another late arrival, he thought, raising his eyebrows questioningly at the blonde-haired princess beside him. His trademark smirk returned to his previously mortified face.

"Well then," the young Emperor drawled out, flashing a mischievous grin. He then took a few steps down until he was at an angle below the Jemtia royal. Keeping his aquamarine eyes locked onto her amber ones, Zamir made a smooth bow and held out his hand for Nerine to take. "Shall we go see who it is.. Master?"

Oh, if Lerato could see him now.