Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 03-13-2008, 05:02 PM

• Medieval Castle - Fantasy Roleplay

In a kingdom called Glenwell-Adare, sits a large castle town ruled by a benevolent King and Queen. The citizens there are not peasants at all, but are more upper-middle class.

Members from neighboring kingdoms are invited to visit the kingdom of Glenwell-Adare, to enjoy the kingdom's events, or to secure alliances through marriages with the Princes and Princesses of Kings and Queens who wish not to war with each other.

The kingdom of Glenwell-Adare also is a magical one. Queen Eclair Adare is a descendant of Fairies and has the power to materialize objects and control elemental magic. The family generally shares the same powers such as flying, casting spells, specialize in white magic, a little bit of black magic to counter any villain who would try to subdue the monarchy.

Time control is forbidden and is considered absolute taboo. The Royal Family has this power to use in dire circumstances, but even they have their consequences by stopping time -- it causes instant death. So as the Royal Family has this power, they do not use this at all.

Of course, there is not always peace and unity within Glenwell-Adare. There are villains who live outside the kingdom, shrouded in mystery. They have formed their own cult and plan to overthrow the kingdom as well as fight against the monarchy for dominance and to cover the kingdom in bleak darkness. No one has heard of this group of villains as they have been in hiding but they have had their share of planning.

The Glenwell-Adare military has been trained, however, for any sign of attack, should anyone dare to attack the peace of the country.

((Yes it's basically the same exact topic as before. I didn't really want to use what I wrote yesterday, just ripped out a part from the original text of this one.

For this one, I'll allow ourselves to play multiple characters since we don't have many people.))

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 PM

Her golden hair, tied in a long braid that fell to the floor, swung behind her as she made her way through the hall. Dressed in simple, yet still royal-quality clothes, Queen Eclair was headed towards her office chambers to pen a letter to her husband, who, after all this time, was still "away on business." It had been almost a year that he was gone.

However, only recently a letter had been sent, signed, and sealed with King Cyril Wyndham Glenwell's signature and crest. The letter informed the Queen that he intended to live separate from his wife for whatever reason...maybe he was living in infidelity, or he just hated her, but there was no mention of divorce or any other hint of a pressing reason on why this arrangement was to be so.

Queen Eclair arrived in her office suite. Pacing back and forth she was speaking to herself in an outrage that she could not understand. "I do not know what is the matter with Cyril. We have not had any arguments for any period of time. He was always kind to me. He loved our children, and now he wants to live away from us?! This is unforgivable...I cannot fathom any reason for him to choose a living like this. Glenwell is his family's kingdom, and he is leaving me to rule it all by myself? I had to leave my home country of Adare, even though our kingdoms are fused together, to marry Cyril. And he leaves just like that?"

She stopped in her tracks pinching the area between her eyes, to think. She sniffled, and held her head high. "This letter isn't a forgery either...it's his handwriting and I know it. But fine, if he wants me to reign over the kingdom while he fools around...I shall be the greatest ruler this kingdom have ever seen."

((Sorry...I seriously didn't know any other way to start this RP.))

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Jocelynn marched through the hallways of the castle, angry as she was. She held her skirts so she wouldn't step on them, her head held high and a stubborn expression on her face. Her beautifull green gown had a square neckline that didn't go down that deep, but it went down enough to let people know she had no husband. The gown was velvet ang the sleeves stopped at her elbows to fal down more than halfway down the skirt. she wore a brown simple belt of the same material and imprintment as the line of her neck and the band arounf her elbows that started the long sleeve. the dress had the same colour as her eyes and complimented her hair, it looked beautifull on her slim figure, but at this moment she cursed her looks.

"How can he? I mean, how is he allowed to just throw my entire life away for me, I should be the one to decide that not him" she said angrily, to no one in particular since even her maid was smart enough to leave her side whem she was in such a rage. "That damned brother of mine! He cna't just promise me to every son of a whore that has a bit of money and lands" she spat out, cursing but she didn't care. she had just learned that Rowan had began searching for a husband for her, and he ahs already taken notice of some 'fine young men' as he said it. Huh, she was sure they were jsut old men that had land!

That was when she bumped into Raine, her other brother, he was younger than Rowan, and much more pleasant company, but at this moment, she even coudln;t stand to see him "What do you want?" she snapped at him.

"Calm, calm little sister of mine, I came to tell you our dear brother had been summoned to the other side of out kingdom" he said with a grin. Jocelynn studied his face to see if he was lying, or just playing around with her, but there was no such sign. "You're seriou? Does that mean I do not have to marry?" she asked.

"Now now, not so fast my little one, Rowan has given me the task of finding you a husband, but" he said quickly as she had already opened her mouth to protest "I will find you a suitable one, more suitable than the ones Rowan had pointed out to you, I will even let you have some say in it all, just some though" he warned her. She quickly jumped into his armes "This is wonderfull news, just wonderfull, thank you Raine. There is no hurry though is there?" she asked innocently. "Well he did make me promise to have you engaged when he returnes" Raine said in a serious voice. 'Oh dear god why?' Jocelynn asked herself. 'Why do women have to marry and serve a husband? Why can't we just do what we want?' But she lnew the answer, her father had told her many times. It was a woman's duty to serve a man and nothing else

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-29-2008, 02:16 AM

Wilhelm stopped in his tracks and looked around at the surrounding trees. He felt as though he were being watched, but figured that it couldn't be the spies watching him, again. Sighing slightly, he bent down and picked up some of the twigs and logs from the ground and brought them back to the small taverne that he owned.

"This should hold for a few hours at least," he muttered to himself, dropping the wood near the fire place. "Well, Christophe, sailing business treating you well?" he asked, stepping behind the bar counter and drawing some ale out of a barrel for the customer.

"Aye, can't complain really, got a bunch of loot this past time. I'm taking a break for a while, going to try and lay low, relax. How's yours doing?"

Wilhelm shook his head and chuckled in his throat, "seriously, it could be better. I'm thinking of selling the place, or at least have someone watch it for me, and heading to town."

Christophe nodded in response while swigging his ale. "That does seem reasonable, you been stuck here too long, you a restless lad, I'll watch it, you get out of here."

"Do you really mean that?" There was a slight glimmer of something in his eyes. "I'll do that, just make sure you charge everyone, and I mean everyone. Thanks." With that, Wilhelm went to the next room and started packing some of his belongings.

"When you coming back?"

"Not sure, at least, not for a while, few months at the earliest, maybe a year or so, got it covered?"

"Not a problem, it should be as easy as my last heist. Maybe easier."

"Great, thanks, and I'll see you later." Wilhelm walked out the front after grabbing some of his coin and began heading through the woods to the town.

((WOO, workin my villain into the plot, woo! I just have to think of where to fit Antony in, within my next couple of posts^^))

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 AM

Her heavy accent stood out in the partying crowd of people. "All right, all right you lot, gather around here. It's time to play Entertainment Night!" The people in the bar whooped and hollered as she stood on a wooden crate, dancing with a mug of golden beer in her hand. Her skirts were swishing as rowdy music started playing. People clapped their hands and other women that happened to be there danced around the men, beckoning them to dance with her.

The tavern was dimly-lit with candles, and very crowded. There were two stories...the top one, a private one. Half of that were rooms for "private company," and the other half were Estrella's living quarters. Downstairs, the very bar that men were stomping their feet to with the music, as more beer was poured out of the taps of the barrels and drunken people wasted their time either passed out at the bar, or dancing, singing off-key with a group of others like them.

Estrella didn't drink a lot, for owning a bar. Somebody had to be kept alert, and it was her building -- she was responsible. If only she had someone to help her out at other times though. For now, she had been doing well managing by herself. However, it started to get tiring.

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 04-12-2008, 08:42 AM

Akiol was exhausted. He had just spent the good portion of his week trekking through forests. He sighed tiredly to himself and sat heavily down next to the town center fountain. 'Why did I have to go into the forest?' he thought to himself. 'That's right, I heard stories of a hidden enchanted wood and I couldn't help myself.' He shifted his position to lean his head against the cool stone of the fountain's edge.

His forest adventures had been fruitless. There was no sign of the fabled enchanted forest full of pretty dancing fairies. Instead Aki had managed to get himself lost a few times and ruined a few good pieces of clothing in the process. His sad adventure had come to an end once he realized the starting date on his new job was quickly approaching. Luckily he managed to arrive a day early and here he was, splayed miserably against a fountain in muddy tattered clothes. The future royal court jester looked no more glamorous than a street beggar.

He grew drowsy and his eyes slowly drooped closed. Some laughter from a nearby tavern caught his attention and he lurched up. 'I can't just sleep in the street. I'll have to find an inn for tonight.' Not sure where to begin looking, he headed towards the noisy tavern hoping to get some directions.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2008, 10:32 AM

He ran down the streets of this town he grew up in, enjoying the fact that his young body was doing eactly what it was supposed to do, the sound of his bare feet on the cobblestones and the knowledge, that for this time, he had gotten rid of his pursuers.
There would be trouble later - one does not just run away from work - but for now, it was just a beautiful day and Aelfric was enjoying himself.
It wasn't the first time that they had teased him and started to chase him down the streets, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last time either. Most of the time it stayed harmless. Sometimes, though, when some of the older boys joined the crowd, it could get quite ugly. Better to run away - teasing he could live with, but he really was no match for Krath, the smiths aprentice. If he decided to hit Aelfric on the head for a bit "just to show them who's boss", he would be able to do just that.

Aelfric stopped at a small alley. he sliped in and hid behind one of the garbadge bins. He sighed. Who named his kid Elf King, anyway? Looking a little different from the others was bad enough, but with a name like that, people just had to tease you.
He probably should go back to the stables.
slouching a little like every other 12 year old, he made his way back.

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 PM

Akiol cautiously entered the chaos that was the tavern. Men were hollering at the dancing women, sloshing beer about in their drunken state. The noise would only get louder as the women found new partners to dance with. He scanned the tavern hoping to find a place to sit but unfortunately it was packed.

A man crashed into him and began yelling, "Ey! What's yer problem??? Stop standing in th' doorway and gapin'. Freakin' kid." The obviously drunk man glowered at the boy and shuffled quickly past him slightly swaying. Akiol watched amusedly as he attempted to untie his horse. The man cursed as he dropped his bottle of wine during his drunken attempts to untie the knot tethering his horse to the post.

Grinning widely, Akiol decided to intervene and give the poor man some help. He smoothly picked up the bottle and handed it to the man who grabbed it and clutched it greedily. The man eyed him suspiciously but saw Akiol was only trying to help. He made a move to resume his efforts to release the horse when Akiol stepped in. He gently pushed the man's away from the knot and swiftly untied it. The horse backed away and made a move to run but Akiol's hands held the reins firmly.

"Ah. Thanks boy." The man fidgeted awkwardly. Slightly embarrassed at his poor treatment towards Aki. He stood there mouth slightly open as if to say more but the frown on his face said otherwise.

Akiol smiled, knowing there was nothing more the man could say. He handed the reins to the man, bowed gracefully, then walked back towards the tavern. The clicking sounds of horse hoofs let him know the man was leaving.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 AM

After returning to the stables and beeing chewed out by the stablemaster for leaving, Aelfric finished his work. He liked working with animals. Horses where by far his favourite. He could hear their soft neighing in his room above the stable where he was sleeping at night. It was a very comforting noise for a little boy living alone.

When he was done with his work, he went down to the town again. He was too young to take part in most of the entertainment that was going on, but it was still fun to whatch people dancing or even fighting. As long as he wasn't involved, fighting was good entertainment. Maybe he would even find a bard or jester or juggler or something...

He usually ate with the other servants in the castle kitchen, but sometimes he wanted something different. He had a small amount of money for things like that - sometimes travellers would tip him for taking care of his horses.

He made his way down to the tavern to see what was going on. A man, holding his horse by the rains and quite obviously pretty drunk passed him on his way.
He noticed an older boy in front of the tavern. Its not someone he knows, but something catches his attention.
"Hey there" he calles out. "You're not from around here, Are you?"

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-15-2008, 04:48 AM

A dark clad hooded female figure approached the tavern and looked up. This would do until she found a place to live. She had traveled so far since her banishment and now desired some rest. This place would likely have knowledge of where she might find a home for sale, preferably something near the castle.

Frighting green eyes peered from the dark shadows of the cloak. It was as if some creature was lurking in the darkness seeking prey. That was what she was about, seeking prey, power, and money. Perhaps she would set up a potion shop. She had seen a place to buy magic supplies earlier.

She noticed a boy standing outside the tavern and grimaced. Enz, for that was her name, hated children. She viewed them as one might view a fly. Enz knew one day she would need an apprentice but she wanted an older, ugly girl who yearned for power and craved the corruption of it.

Enz turned away from the child and entered the tavern. She hated how these people flounced about with their ale in one hand and the opposite gender in another. This would have to be one of the top things on her list, a potion to dispirit the ale for that was surely the cause.

The barkeeper would surely know something. These people were such gossips they knew everything in the village there was to know.

"Barkeep," She began in a low voice, "I seek lodging for the night and a house to buy for tomorrow." Enz lowered her hood to reveal her blood red hair and pale silk skin. Certainly this would help her gain a good answer, men were suckers when it came to women asking questions.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-16-2008, 07:13 AM

The queen had moved herself to the throne room some time later. There was work to be done, much work, as she ruled the kingdom by herself. The fairy tale wedding she had ages ago did not seem to be the one she thought would last forever.

Cyril Wyndham Glenwell was a childhood match-up. As children, Eclair Adare and himself, Prince and Princess of their respective kingdoms, were brought together each summer by their parents in hopes that the two would fall in love. Eventually they did, by their teen years, and that was when Eclair was sent off at the age of sixteen, and Cyril at eighteen, when the two married.

The marriage had started well, and Eclair was immensely in love. Years later, to the present, Eclair was now alone. She sat, boredly on her throne, leaning her body to the left. Her left arm was propped up on the armrest, her chin resting on top of her balled fist, and her right hand was just placed on the opposite armrest. There were guards at her sides and across the room, yet the room was quite silent. At least no one had bothered Queen Eclair that day....yet.

Estrella noticed a couple of people enter her tavern. She was still smiling and laughing, keeping up with the noisy chatter. Leaning over the counter, her decolletage was in full view, but she could punch out any man that tried to get with her just as easily. At least most of the other girls were doing their job. She poured a few more beers from the taps of the barrels and gave them to the other girls to hand out. They would most likely drink the concoctions themselves. Looking towards the girl in a cloak who seemed to be talking to a man, Estrella called over to her.

"Eh, lass, do you fancy a drink or something?" At this point, she was wiping down other glasses that she had previously washed.

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-16-2008, 01:34 PM

Enz tilted her head to the side, "Perhaps one won't hurt my goal. Get me something sour." Enz made her every word seem as if it were a command.

"Tell me, are there any shops specializing in potions in this town or does everyone sell flowers and rainbows?" Enz smirked at the thought of magic being used for amusement by children. Such creatures didn't deserve the great potions she would sell.

She ran her fingers through her red hair and glanced around for a posting board of sorts. Sometimes these places had listing of land and other things people sold.

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 04-17-2008, 06:45 AM

Akiol was nearing the tavern when he heard a young voice call out to him. He turned around and saw a young boy with pointed ears standing before him. He smiled and bowed, grandly whipping around his tattered cloak only to expose more muddy clothing. "You've caught me," Akiol replied playfully. "Alas for I am still a stranger around these parts." He grinned at the boy knowing full well he probably looked like a mad man in his dirty attire. Akiol was never one to be meek. He was in a good mood after being entertained by the drunk man earlier. Although still weary from his travels, he could afford to postpone his rest for a bit.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 AM

Aelfric bows back. Its a little bit clumsy, because he isn't used to courtly manners.
"I like meeting new people" he says "and you seem to be an interesting person. What happened to you?" He takes in the young man's battered and muddy appearance.
"Whats your name? If you promise not to laugh, I'll tell you mine, too!" He grins at the stranger. Something about him puts Aelfric in a good mood. He likes this young man.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 PM

"Flowers and rainbows here? Not very likely, miss. There's a shop down this street, in an alley. Look for a sign that says Darnbury. That's 'is shop, over there. Many people go to 'im for their supernatural needs. Of course that's uncommon, considering this place is one of the strongest magical kingdoms there is." Estrella finished wiping the glass, and poured in a sour drink that the woman requested.

"So you're new around these parts, eh? Can't say I likely ever saw you around here. There's new people comin' in all the time, though. Brings a bit o' something fresh around here."

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 PM

Enz raised an eyebrow, "You talk a lot." She gazed at some of the other people in the pub, carefully scanning them one by one with her green stare.

"This place doesn't seem to attract many magical people, everyone is either normal or has very weak powers." Enz took a second look at the people and shook her head in disgust.

"I suppose I shall be talking to this Darnbury person quite soon then." Enzeru smirked an evil smirk and stood up from her seat before sitting back down. "I almost forgot I ordered a drink."

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-18-2008, 12:03 AM

She shrugged. "My building, I get to talk when'ere I want," she said, smiling. Turning away to help someone else, she figured that the woman was picky but also somewhat powerful. 'Definitely not from around here,' she thought.

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2008, 07:07 AM

He chuckled and replied, "My name is Akiol but you may call me Aki if you wish. As for the reason for my attire..." Akiol struck a regal pose and laughed. "I ran into the woods with grand dreams of finding a little enchanted forest full of beautiful fairy maidens. As you can see I didn't exactly find what I was looking for." He smiled at his own foolishness before adding, "Perhaps it wasn't wise to believe that raving drunk. Chasing a drunk man's fantasies wasn't exactly the wisest decision on my part."

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 PM

Wilhelm continued walking through the woods until reaching the edge of the wood. He squinted ahead of him, looking at the outskirts of the town just a ways a head of him. The castle was apparent, sticking high out amongst the other buildings. He grumbled and pressed on.

Antony walked outside to the stables of the castle to pick up his horse. His small puppy Octavian ran along side him, barking. He greeted some of his army friends who were practicing their battle skills.

[Meh, its something><]

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2008, 06:08 AM

Aelfric lets out a little chuckle.
"That sounds like quite a Story!" He was realy happy that he'd met Akiol. Maybe the evening wouldn't be as boring as he thought it would be. Maybe...
"Would you tell me the story if I invite you for dinner?" He looks at his feet - he is sure the other youth will laugh at him. "It won't be anything fancy 'cause I can't afford that, but the food here is usually good."
Estrela knows him. He isn't sure if she aproves of having him come in: after all, he doesn't tip a lot and always orders something cheep. But she never said anything, so he feels free to come back once in a while.
"My name is Aelfric" He mutters. "W-will you come?"

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 PM

Akiol smiled at the boy, "It's nice to meet you Aelfric." He placed a hand on his grumbling stomach and replied, "I am hungry! Foraging for food in the woods wasn't exactly the easiest of tasks. I would have hunted but I didn't want to upset the fairy maidens." He laughed loudly and patted the boy on the head. "Where shall we go? How about I treat you instead. A boy like you should eat more! I'll have no worries for money once I start working."

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 AM

"Estrella's place is good" a wide grin spreads on Aelfrics face. Akiol seems to be interesting AND nice! He points to the tavern door behind them. He REALLY wants to hear the story now. Fairy Maidens? that sounds a lot better than cleaning stables.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 AM

It was about time for Eclair to make her weekly visit to the main village of the kingdom, which pretty much spread itself out in front of the castle about half a mile away. She had to stay strong, not only for her children, but for her people, seeing that the King was in absence, and there were quite a lot of people rooting for her to fail and the kingdom to fall to somebody else. None of Eclair's children were old enough to rule as the next King or Queen - they were still very young and were not yet educated in the ways of ruling a kingdom, nor did they have a desire to, and if they did, they did not yet voice their opinions.

In the lavish carriage, the Queen did not travel discreetly, as the coach bore the Glenwell-Adare coat of arms. She was with four of her attendants as they rode down the hill towards the kingdom of the people. It wasn't unusual for Eclair herself to visit the town -- she used to do so in her home kingdom, but as she moved here, and married the Prince (before they were crowned King and Queen) it wasn't encouraged by the secretaries and nobles that worked in the castle. Of course, being one to stand herself apart from many years of rulers, and taking care of the kingdom her own way, she wanted to check up on the people that she ruled over.

Lilith the Ill
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Lilith the Ill

Old 05-02-2008, 01:36 AM

Sirel Arnideau quietly closed to door to her quarters. It was nearing dinner time, and she wished to explore more of the castle before she was called away. Her new residence was vast, and held many secrets spanning through the ages. Most of the castle was actually older than her, and she could remember seeing it once as a young girl. For the time being, however, she made her way through the corridors, towards the empty eastern side. A year ago, this portion of the castle had been ravaged by fire, and was still waiting to be restored.
The girl continued to her destination on silent feet, wondering if she would find anything of interest this night.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 05-08-2008, 04:35 AM

((Anyone still alive? I have finals this week and next week, so I'm totally dead.))