zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 AM

A School For The Gifted RP

Players:

zigbigadorlube

Jayms_fallen_angel

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-03-2008 at 08:56 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Name: Leena
Sex: Female
Personality: Leena is very reserved due to the emotional difficulties she faced during her childhood. Here at her new school she hopes to meet others like herself and break out of her shell a bit more.
Bio: Leena's discovered her gift at a young age. Her mother had difficulty understanding what her child could do and why. Where her mother felt her child's powers were a curse, her father understood that they were truly a gift. Eventually the argument caused Leena's parents to split. Naturally she stayed with her father who was a mechanic. Her abilities were obviously very helpful to him and she spent much of her free time doing so. Because of the need to keep her abilities a secret, Leena had a very secluded childhood. Eventually her father realized that it would be better for his child to learn in an environment that better suited her gift and sent her to study with others of her kind.
Powers: Metakinesis
Appearance: [X]

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-03-2008 at 08:55 PM..

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 AM

Name: Hotaru Although she often goes by Firefly
Sex: Female
Personality: She's a bit of a wildcard, she's strong, independent, feisty, courageous and still vulnerable although she doesn't like to show it.
Bio: Hotaru grew up in a rough neighborhood with three brothers, so she learnt to stand up for herself and hit hard pretty fast. Her previous school wasn't exactly the land of milk and honey either, but she survived, making friends with some of the toughest people in the place.
Her powers surfaced during one of the arguments that frequently occurred at home, in the form of the curtains catching fire. When her friends found out they stopped calling her Hotaru and referred to her as firefly before she got annoyed and told them that her name meant Firefly, not firestarter. So that's what she's been called ever since by her friends and her brothers.
Now she's in a school where she's not the only one with powers.
Powers: Thermokinesis
Appearance: xXx

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 PM

((Yay! Profiles finished! Sorry it took me so long... ^^; Anyway... RP time!))

Leena watched the scenery pass by outside the window of the car. She had been so happy when she received the acceptance letter but now she wasn't so sure. Steeling a quick look at her father at the wheel nearly put her to tears. Turning back to the window she sighed, it would be strange being on her own. Leena was jolted out of her musings when her father announced her arrival. The clenching in her stomach tightened painfully as she stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut behind her. Looking up she caught sight of the place that would soon be her new home. The academy was a beautiful old building and despite her sadness she smiled slightly at the thought of being able to live there. It almost looked like a castle...

Sighing she followed her father to the back of the car and helped him unload her things from the trunk. She hadn't brought much and she preferred it that way. Her father hefted the laundry bag that contained her clothes and she wheeled a small metal trunk that carried the rest of her belongings and the two of them made their way to the doors. On the doorstep Leena parted with her father. He whispered a few words of encouragement to her and hugged her tightly for a moment before releasing his grip. Pulling away from her father she took up her belongings and pulled the heavy doors open before entering what would be her new home.

((Sorry about the length... ^^; I tend to make really long introductory posts. Don't worry... They won't all be this long, unless you want them to be.))

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:33 PM

((Two paragraphs is not actually long...And nowhere near "really long"))

Hotaru sat on the second floor landing, Her legs dangling down between the banisters as she gazed languidly down at the hallway below her feet as Leena arrived. Her slender fingers reached up to brush her long dark hair away from her dark, almost black eyes as from her left a voice announced "New girl."

To her right a rather tall girl sat upright gazed closely at the new arrival,before she too shrugged"Looks like a good girl to me." She replied absently, hugging one of her knees to her chest, while the second leg hung freely over the edge. Her hazel eyes continuing to study the new girl, not really bothered if Leena looked up and saw her.

The blond girl to the far left, who'd announced Leenas arrival, looked closer, staring at the new arrival for a second or two longer, before she shook her head and looked at the previous speaker "I don't see it." She shrugged "How can you tell?" He fingers pulled a strand of hair from her plait and began playing absently with it as she waited for the annoyed explanation that was sure to be her reply.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-04-2008, 12:02 AM

((Ah, okay. It's always hard to tell... People have such differing standards on length. ^^))

Leena quietly pulled the door shut behind her and slowly turned to study the entranceway. As welcoming as it had looked from the outside, from the inside the place felt a bit unfriendly. Leena sighed slightly and let the heavy laundry bag slip off her shoulders and slump down on the floor. Letting go of the handle of her trunk she forced herself to walk further inside.

Feeling as if she was intruding, Leena wandered quietly around the entrance hall. Brushing a strand of teal hair out of her face she felt the coolness of the small metal plate she always wore, and it comforted her. "Hello?" she called out hesitantly, uncertain of what else to do.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-04-2008 at 12:14 AM..

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 AM

Hotaru raised an eyebrow and motioned towards the girl below her "Does that answer your question?" She rose to her feet, her fingers resting lightly on the banister. The blond girl didn't answer right away. "The little lost puppy isn't deaf. She can hear every word we're saying." She vaulted over the banister, gliding smoothly to the floor at the edge of the main hallway, while the girl on their right seemed to shimmer out of sight on the landing and shimmer back into view in the main hallway.

Hastily the blond girl rose to her feet, hitting her knee on the railings as she did so before following Hotaru over the banisters and landing rather unceremoniously beside her two friends who were already walking towards the kitchen. The taller of the two shook her head and muttered "Very graceful." In a mocking sort of way.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 AM

Leena paused in her pacing as she began to hear voices from above. She tilted her head back to look up in the direction of the noise. In doing so she caught sight of three girls who had apparently been watching her the entire time. As she listened to them her face began to flush with embarrassment and anger. She had just opened her mouth to say something when the three of them, seemingly finished with her, got up to leave.

Leena watched as one girl jumped over the banister while another one seemed to disappear and then reappear beside the first. The last girl, a bit behind the other two, landed much less gracefully than the first, and the three of them walked off leaving her alone in the entrance. Leena stood motionless, awestruck by their rudeness. Her face flushed even more than before and she found herself clenching her fist. Leena made a slight noise of frustration in her throat before walking over to her belongings and hefting the heavy laundry bag onto her shoulder. Grabbing the handle of her metal trunk she started off in the direction that the other girls had gone.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-04-2008 at 02:45 AM..

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-04-2008, 02:25 AM

(Please actually read my posts. She didn't slide she jumped, there's a difference. And why would they stop and talk to her if she didn't even acknowledge they were there in the first place?)

Once inside the kitchen Hotaru pulled three sodas out of the fridge, then handed them out to her friends as the blond girl was about to reply. "Cool it. You guys are worse than my brothers." She sighed hoisting herself up onto the kitchen counter and opening her bottle "You have to practice more." She told the blond girl before taking a sip of her drink. The other two girls thought about replying, then thought better of it. Instead, they silently drank their own sodas, knowing that arguing with Hotaru was never a good idea.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-04-2008, 02:42 AM

((I have been reading them, multiple times each. Sorry about the jumping thing. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. As for the second part... I don't know what you mean. She did call out to see if anyone was there... And they didn't really answer.))

Leena followed the girls into what was obviously a kitchen. She watched the one girl hand sodas out to the other two before taking one for herself. They seemed to discuss something briefly before falling silent. Leena sighed again lightly, her anger was already beginning to wane. Carefully dropping her bag by the door she took a few hesitant steps forward, "Hello?" she asked quietly, a bit embarrassed for intruding.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-05-2008, 05:32 AM

Hotaru was the first to notice Leenas presence in the kitchen and the only one to reply to her. "Yes?" She drawled questioningly, raising her soda bottle to her lips and taking a slow sip while her dark eyes examined the stranger before. The tall girl and the blond both paused, hesitant to say anything else so shortly after being silenced.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 PM

Leena was a bit taken aback by the girl who answered her. She seemed quite sure of herself and it intimidated her. Still, she had been accepted into the academy and had a right to be there just the same as the other girls who sat drinking their sodas. Calling up some courage she spoke up again, "I was recently accepted to study here. Is there someone I should speak to about enrollment or room and board?" Leena stood patiently awaiting this girl's reply. She had no idea as to how things worked here at the academy.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Hotaru rolled her eyes "Have you tried reception?" She asked pointedly. "Or perhaps the staff room?" She raised an eye brow and then added "Both are labeled and the doors are in the main hallway." The blond girl giggled, but was silenced by a look from Hotaru. "I'd say talking to staff would be a lot more beneficial to you than trying to make friends before you even know where to go."

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 AM

Leena stood silently before turning away. Without saying a word she lifted her bag and took hold of the handle of her trunk. As she walked away she felt her cheeks beginning to flush, not from embarrassment this time but renewed anger. It was the girl's last comment that bothered her the most. She had never even so much as implied wanting to be on friendly terms with the girl, quite the contrary in fact. It seemed her sole purpose in life was to belittle others for her own personal amusement. Finding herself in the main entrance once again, Leena made a mental note to avoid the girl whenever possible.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 AM

The tall girl laughed "I swear, they actually get worse." Hotaru shook her head and stood up once more. Not disagreeing with her, so her friends took it as a sign that they hadn't irritated her too much and relaxed once more. "I mean seriously?"

Hotaru simply shook her head. "Who really cares? I'll take bets that she won't come sniffing around us again."She finished her soda and discarded the bottle "They rarely do after prooving themselves pointless."

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Leena followed the corridor for a short ways until she came across some doors with official sounding names. Selecting the one entitled "Reception" she knocked lightly before opening the door a crack and peeking inside. There she found a stout woman sitting behind a rather large and cluttered desk.

"Oh hello... Come inside!" the woman said, motioning her inside. Once inside, she offered Leena the chair across from her desk. Taking a seat she was just about to introduce herself when the woman did it for her, "You must be the new student we were expecting... Leena wasn't it?"

Leena nodded, her mood brightening a little at the warm personality of the woman behind the desk. "Oh, but I am forgetting myself! I'm Mrs. Kuntz, nice to meet dear." As she introduced herself she began shuffling through the papers on her desk, "Now let me see here..." she said thoughtfully, "I know your file's around here somewhere..."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 PM

The trio headed back outside the kitchen and up the stairs once more, still talking about new students. This time, however, they didn't return to their previous positions, but instead chose to head to Hotarus room, where the two white girls took a seat on the spare bed, while Hotaru settled on her own.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 PM

((Sorry it's taken me so long to reply... Final exams are going on right now and it's keeping me pretty busy.))

Mrs. Kuntz shifted through the paperwork until she caught sight of Leena's file sticking out of a bunch of papers. Pulling it out of the wreckage she the folder and briefly sorted through the papers inside before pulling out one in particular. Handing it over to Leena she instructed her to fill it out the requested information. Leena quickly filled out the paperwork in her best handwriting before handing it back to Mrs. Kuntz.

Mrs. Kuntz took a quick glance at the paper before slipping it back inside the folder and removing another. "That one has you schedule on it so you'll want to keep track of it." Standing up she walked around the desk, "Now let's find you a room." She led Leena up the stairs and across the landing. On the other side of the landing was a long hallway and Mrs. Kuntz led Leena to the farthest door on the right side.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 AM

Hotarus stereo flickered to life and the CD drawer opened to allow one of the CDs to float drunkenly into place before the drawer closed once again and music filtered into the room. Hotaru nodded in approval of the music choice "Alright, but tell the truth, any idea what you put on before you pressed play?" She asked, when she didn't receive and answer she simply smiled. Neither approving nor disapproving. It would be cool to know exactly what you were moving, but it was also pretty nice to know that her friends needn't know which CD they picked.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-19-2008, 02:11 AM

As Mrs. Kuntz lifted her hand to knock on the door the sounds of music began to filter out into the hallway. She hesitated for a moment before knocking loudly against the wooden door.

Leena stood behind Mrs. Kuntz, slightly hidden by her stout frame. Looking at the dark wood of the door before her gave her a sort of ominous feeling. Gripping the handle of her trunk tightly she prayed that she neither of the girls from before would come to answer the door.