Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 05-09-2008, 06:52 PM

Sirius yawned from her perch, as she looked out from her treetop perch. The sun was just now starting to ride, and she could see the sleepy village that was her destination starting to come alive with lights. This made her smile a slight, despite herself. It was always... always a nice sight to her. After seeing so many dead or dying cities during her travels, seeing a live one always helped raise her spirits.

What would this one hold she wondered, brushing a bit of her violet hair out of her blue eyes. Eyes with strangely slitted pupils, but that made sense considering her anatomy was part snake. Those parts showed through in the light green scales running along her snout, her ears, stomach, tail and forearms. All in all, the girl was like nothing one would see usually, because she was an accidental chimera. She had a lupine build, tufted ears, but a lionlike tail. On her back would sometimes rest a pair of wings, but today she kept them hidden. Wings were such a pain when sleeping in a tree!

About then, a squirrel rushed across her leg. "ACK!" she cried, the sudden furry movement surprising her. Startling her so much, actually, that she flipped over backwards out of her tree. Landing to the ground in the most ungraceful of ways, one could see now she wore light silver armor, accented in blues. Blushing with embarrassment, she righted herself up again with a grimace.

"I think that's a sign that it is DEFINITELY time to move out of this place!" she said to herself, shaking her head. She just hoped this wouldn't be an indication of what the rest of the day would be like!

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 PM

Silver crawled about, very low to the ground. His paws made little sound against the lush green grass. His tail was held low and his ears were pinned back.

Infront of him, was a small, but fat, bird. He purred slightly.

Silver hadn't eaten in ages, finding food was hard for him as he had never been taught. Ribs were clearly visable through the tattered black fur of the feline. His silvery hair hung infront of his large, green, cat-like eyes. His paw-pads were odd, instead of being black like the rest of the anthro, they were a startling white, and not many animals had white paw-pads.

Silver grinned as his white-tipped ears lifted slightly. He jumped, launching himself at the bird just as it flew away due to a loud cry not that far away. Silver ended up nose-diving into the grass where the bird was a moment ago, his tail stuck up in the air, his eyes closed and his arms either side of him, limp.

He let out a small growl, mentally cursing whatever made that noise and startled what would have been his first meal in weeks.

He raised himself, weakly, from the floor and brushed off his simple, tattered, black shorts. He ran a paw through his jaw length tatty silver hair and checked on his thin silver chain that always hung round his neck. He didn't bother brushing the dirt from his fur, nor did he care it was there. So, instead, he decided to try and find what had startled off his food, in hopes that he might find another source of food instead.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 AM

She hissed to herself slightly with irritation, again shaking her head as she continued forth deeper into the woods. At one time however her nose twitched a slight, and a strange scent flickered across her nose. It was.... feline? Yes, it certainly seemed feline. Perhaps an ally? but... she had certainly traveled enough to know not every new face you met was a friend. More often than now, it was quite the opposite.

She ducked herself behind a tree, a clawed hand gripping the bark. Keeping even her tail still, her keen eyes watched as the feline came into view. He... certainly looked a mess didn't he? Skinny, dirty... scraggly... lost maybe? Or a rogue? She didn't wish to get into a fight today if she could avoid it after all...

'What are you Mr. Interesting Feline?' Sirius thought to herself, seeking any hint of what he could be. he didn't realize it, but her tail had started swaying lightly of its own accord again, and could be seen in flashes of violet and silver every now and then out in the open...

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Silver suddenly stopped. His ears flicked and stood up on his head, His tail was held rigid and barely moved. He had heard something, and from the number of times he'd been attacked, he didn't really like the experience all that much and would rather not loose the last few posessions he had.

He glanced round, not moving his head, and managed to spot the slight flashing of violet and silver from behind a tree.

Suddenly he turned and bolted, right into a tree, but his cat-like abilities allowed him to quickly scale said tree and sit himself upon a branch. He only hoped that the owner of the Violet and silver tail couldn't climb trees too as, like most cats, now he was up the tree, he would find it really hard to get back down again.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-16-2008, 09:10 PM

Sirius tilted her head, curiosity peaked by this strange newcomer. Just what was he up to? Was he... was he going up there to attack? She glanced upwards, finding him sitting upon a branch. Arching a brow, she wondered if perhaps he was thinking the same thing as her? She could not climb trees to ask him however, nor would her wings work have worked in such a forested area.

Mentally sighing to herself, she decided to give this a shot anyways. "Are you here to harm?" she called up into the trees, her lion-like tail swishing behind her. "For I assure you, I am not! I am merely a traveler, wandering the countryside," she added, wondering if he would believe her. Her attire certainly had the look of a traveler at the very least, although not nearly as worn as his. She waited for his answer, her lupine ears alert.

If this failed, well, at least her day would get exciting. She was terrible with meeting new people actually...

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Silver lowered his head slightly, his ears pinned back.

"How can I be sure?" He called back, knowing this probably wasn't the smarted thing to do, but if the stranger was going to attempt to rob him like the many times before, they may kill him and atleast that way, he'd be free from hunger, thirst and all the other things that were slowly killing him anyway.

"Travelers rarely come into this forest!" He continued "Why would you come here in the first place?"

His voice was weak and climbing the tree had taken alot of engergy out of him. His breaths came in short pants as he waited for the stranger to reply.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2008, 12:26 AM

"Well ya can't be absolutely sure!" she replied honestly, heaving a slight sigh. She thought a moment. "All I can give you is my word! Which to me, is worth a lot!" Which was true, Sirius, if anything, was a chimera of her word.

"As for how I got here... well I'm a slight bit lost from my original plan. Got into a scuffle and lost my way," she admitted, giving a sheepish look with her tufted ears down. "I was just off to the next town actually and well... kinda ended up here. I was kinda hoping you know the way to town actually... I can repay you with a lunch if you'd like," she assured. "Because as son as I get to town that's my first stop! The wildlife here is so darn skittish..."

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-18-2008, 10:10 AM

Silver's ears perked up at the mention of food. He lifted his head from it's resting place on the branch and looked down at the stranger he was talking to.

"I guess," He said "I can help you get to the next town," All of a sudden he felt very much like the cheshire cat, sat up on a branch talking about getting to places.

He attempted to get down from the tree, but being so weak, and being so much like a cat (going up a tree and not being able to get down) he found it very hard, and in the end, was clinging to the treebranch from underneath it.

"Oh dear," He sighed "Not again."

He braced himself as he just let go of the tree branch and fell about 5 feet.

He didn't make a sound as he hit the floor with a dull thud, but merely stood up, shook the dirt from his fur and brushed off his shorts.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Sirius grinned brightly at this. "You will! Awesome! I'm so glad I decided to ask, at first I wasn't sure if you were a... well you know," she said, shaking her head. Indeed, traveling a lot tended to make one wary. She blinked a moment, tilting her head as she watched him trying to get down from the tree. She was about to ask if he might need any help, when he finally got up.

"I was wondering though... why'd you go up a tree in he first place?" she asked, blinking. "Its okay if you don't want to answer, I was just curious. Always curious you see," she added then, giving a slight grin. "Anyways, lead the way!" she continued, nodding to him, before her ears went down and she found herself grinning a slight in embarrassment.

"My name is Sirius Talon by the way... yours?" she asked.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-19-2008, 02:46 PM

Silver just smiled and nodded.

"Cat instincts," He said in reply to her question about the tree "At first i ran into it, but then, i just climbed it, seemed like the best option I had, That and most people and creatures in this forest can't climb trees."

He smiled again and began to walk in the general direction of the next town the girl was so intent in getting to, hoping that she would follow him.

"Nice to meet you Sirius, I'm Silver" He added glancing over his shoulder at her

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-19-2008, 03:35 PM

Sirius started to follow, giving a light smile. "Aaaah, I see. Makes me glad I'm mostly wolf," she commented. "Trees are nice and all but a pain to get down from..." Well, she was almost equal parts wolf and serpent, but that was anotehr story entirely. She followed behind him, glad that this had turned out well. There were, after all, so many ways it could have gone and most of those ways were unpleasant at best.

"Silver huh? Well, nice to meet you," she replied. "So anything I should look forward to seeing, to trying in this town?" she asked, curious. Every town, she had found, held its own share of surprises and secret treasures. That was why she had taken to traveling, to discover them all really.

That, and for the lone wolf stricken with wanderlust, traveling was the best way of life.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Silver shrugged, in all honesty, he'd not really left the forest since he was young.

"I don't know much about the town, I only really know where it is," He said quietly "I've been in this forest for as long as I can remember"

All he knew of his past was that he'd been left in the middle of the forest with nothing but his silver chain and his shorts, but ofcourse, they were very baggy back then as he was left alone when he was about 7, and now he was 19. Naturally, those years had made his shorts tattered and shorter, and a bit tighter.

He sighed quietly at the memory, but continued walking towards the familiar gap in the trees that lead them to the path that ran right through the town.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 AM

Sirius blinked at this news, tilting her head a slight. "A wildcat then?" she asked. "But... why here in the forest alone? I would think it would get too quiet..." she added, pondeirng upon her travels. There were certain stretches of course, that had no people, no towns, no civilization. In those stretches, he had to live in a more wild manner. But she could not imagine doing so for nearly all of ones life. What sort of toll must that have had on the mind?

"So... will you come into town with me too then?" she asked, looking towards him with a curious look and a light smile. "I can't thank you with lunch otherwise," she added. Interesting, she had never expected to meet anyone in these woods, much less be traveling with them. But it was... it was nice to have someone to talk with she found. Not really bad at all.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-20-2008, 12:14 PM

Silved smiled sadly.
"I guess, in that sense of the word, I am a wildcat," He wasn't really sure what type of cat he was, all he knew was that he was a black cat, with White Pawpads, and Silvery hair.

"It's a Long story about why I live in this forest," He admitted, "Maybe i'll tell you later"

Smiling at her, he weaved through the trees and stepped out onto the dusty track that lead to the town from the forest.

"I guess, I can. I mean, there's no real urgency for me to get back here" He grinned and added "And that lunch sounds really nice,"

silver was surprising himself, usually he'd stay away from others, hide from them and avoid talking at all costs, but either there was something about Sirius that made him more talkative, or it was the promise of food.

Last edited by Star Valo; 05-20-2008 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Typo

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 PM

"I'd like to hear it," she replied honestly. Sirius, if anything, was a collector of stories. In fact, if asked to give her profession, that is what she would have replied with. It was also another reason she traveled like she did actually. She followed him with ease, and could not help but smile when the track came into sight. Such trails, after all, were always a promising sign.

"Alright, great!" Sirius was surprising herself as well, mainly because she was being so informal. Perhaps, however, that was due to just how long she had been away from others during this leg in her travels.

"What sort of food do you like?" she asked him, arching a brow. "I'm good with just about anything! Except..." she added, grimacing a slight, "Chili dogs." She remembered quite well her experience with those and did not wish for it to ever be repeated again!

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 PM

Silver paused in his walking for a moment, "Chili dogs? What are they? Why don't you like them? If you don't mind me asking. And about the food, I like most food, Living in a forest for over ten years means you can't be too fussy over what you eat"

Silver covered his eyes with his hand as he stepped out of the gap in the trees, and onto the dusty path that lead to the town. Being in that forest, covered by a canopy of trees ment not much light got through, so being outside the forest was a strain on his eyes.

His bare paws clicked at the small pebbles and stones that littered the worn pathway, surrounded by vast streaches of lush green grass.

He smiled and said, "Just up ahead, that's the town."