Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-12-2024, 07:32 PM

That's awesome, Cora! Can't wait to see your new kitty. o wo

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-12-2024, 08:37 PM

The adoption process at some of the shelters around my house are starting to make me a bit upset. I really liked this one cat at the local shelter named Bobby.

The application took me over an hour to fill out due to how extensive it was. They wanted me to have a vet, even though I currently have no pets. So I did what they asked, I went to the vet that mom used to take our old cat Bear to. They put Bear under my name and created me a new account so that I could apply to adopt Bobby. They rejected my application on the grounds that my mother did not take Bear in for yearly Vet visits. It's disheartening. I'm going to another local shelter tomorrow though, hopefully they do not try and make me jump through as many hoops.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-13-2024, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
The adoption process at some of the shelters around my house are starting to make me a bit upset. I really liked this one cat at the local shelter named Bobby.

The application took me over an hour to fill out due to how extensive it was. They wanted me to have a vet, even though I currently have no pets. So I did what they asked, I went to the vet that mom used to take our old cat Bear to. They put Bear under my name and created me a new account so that I could apply to adopt Bobby. They rejected my application on the grounds that my mother did not take Bear in for yearly Vet visits. It's disheartening. I'm going to another local shelter tomorrow though, hopefully they do not try and make me jump through as many hoops.
To think they don't have a plan for new adoptions, you know, for people who'd be adopting for the first time. I mean, not everyone's going to find a stray they can rescue and raise to be friendly.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-13-2024, 08:35 PM

That's bizarre. So they only release pets to people who have already had pets...?