LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 AM

I know you guys may have heard all those rumours of "always go for Cs in multiple choice" or "the longest answer is always right". Time for some tips that you can totally choose to follow or not :D

Quick Summary
1) The answers are in the test!
2) Read the professor
3) Use what you know

1) The answers are in the test! If the test is long enough and with only limited stuff to be tested on, there is a VERY high chance that the answer of one question will be in the question of another question ;3
For example:

Question 2 - The term used to describe the aqusition of legal products through illegal sources is:
a) Gray Trade
b) Black Trade
c) Underground Trade
d) Roundabout Trade

Question 55 - Alexa and Bobbo are part of an international company based in Canada. Their products in Cuba are not doing so well because of a gray trade problem in the area which has their clients giving them angry phone calls about the quality of their product. Alexa and Bobbo realized that although the products are initially of the same company, the products that the customers sent back where not those that they sold to distributors in that area. What should they do?
a) Issue authenticity certificates
b) Warn consumers of the dangers of gray trade products
c) All of the above
2) Read the professor It really depends on the professor if the longest answer is the right one, or the right one is the closest two answers. If during the test, you know for sure about the answer to most of the questions are of a certain way, then that means the rest should be similar.
For example:

2 Multiplied by 9 divided by 2 equals:
a) 8
b) 9
c) 3
d) 1

Because 8 and 9 are the closest, it is most possible to be one of those two (but it may depend on the professor and he/she may make it equal 3 or 1 instead)

The main components of a search engine are:
a) Crawler, Database, Parsing Engine, Algorithm
b) Crawler, User Interface, Database, Parsing Engine
c) Database, Spyder, Bot, Feeder
d) Chocolate, Denser, Blahher, Dinner

The likely answer would be a) or b) because database is repeated 3 times, crawler 2 times, and a) and b) had both of them. This is supposed to make the question more "confusing" for people who actually try to remember all 4 parts exactly. But, by eliminating it this way, it actually makes guessing easier. Once again, IT DEPENDS ON THE PROFESSOR. The professor can always be the kind that tries to fool you and make the answer either c) or d) so you really have to learn to read them. (ugh, just realized I circled b) instead of a) on my HTI exam D:, I was too stressed out, nuuuuuu T_T)
3) Use what you know

Last edited by LaVida; 12-09-2013 at 12:44 AM..