Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 PM

I'm in my first year of college. My current major is Music Education with a concentration in Voice. I hope to become a high school choir director, because high school choir really formed me and I want to give back.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
I'm in my first year of college. My current major is Music Education with a concentration in Voice. I hope to become a high school choir director, because high school choir really formed me and I want to give back.
WHAT? REALLY? I'm a music teacher who concentrated on voice as well!!!!! :D :D :D

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 PM

@Maria: That's cool! Have you finished studying?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
@Maria: That's cool! Have you finished studying?
Kind of - I have my undergrad degree - Bachelor in Music Education. I've been teaching the past two years. But I"m in school to get my Masters in Music Education. I"m taking the classes online and should graduate in December. Taking it online allows me to continue to teach music while getting my higher education degree :D

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 PM

@Maria: Very smart! My AP English teacher in high school is doing that to get her masters in English. I'm just trying to get my BA at the moment. :P

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-21-2014, 06:52 PM

My job is finally related to my major!!! I got my national park job. I'll be teaching park programs and school groups. And play with baby sea turtles! :3

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
My job is finally related to my major!!! I got my national park job. I'll be teaching park programs and school groups. And play with baby sea turtles! :3
Woo, congrats! <3 That sounds like an awesome job and I'm sure you'll be great at it!

Tabitha
*^_^*

Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 PM

I'm currently in my last year of college studying Art, English Lit and Psychology and am moving onto university this year (grades permitting).

As for my dream job, I want to either progress through the psychology field or go into sexology or sex and relationships therapy. Something along those lines anyway.

Laurelle
Nerf Assassin

Old 05-09-2014, 05:08 PM

I'm an LVN, working as needed at an assisted living facility here in town - I used to be part-time working weekend, but that changed due to school and clinicals on the weekends. I'm in my 4th quarter of the LVN to RN program (only 2 more quarters to go!). I hope to work with babies, mothers, and/or children after I pass state boards.

beathag
The earth is singing; can't you ...

Old 05-18-2014, 03:08 AM

I don't know if this counts, but I am currently taking a Biblical Geography class. It is free, it is interesting, and I like it. And if I do decide to go back to Bible college, the credits will transfer. But I'm thinking about not going to Bible college and going to a community college or maybe Fort Hays online courses. I hate not knowing what direction I need to go in life!

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 05-27-2014, 02:38 PM

Currently I'm in high-school, and have always taught myself things that I like independently.

That said, I actually couldn't do something independently- Psychology. The school I go to (an online school) offers college classes for psychology. It's not really a 'dream job' per say, but it's something that fascinates me and has helped me a lot in my life. I'm by no means a major in it, so not professional, but I do enjoy it!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 05-30-2014, 01:05 AM

I currently only have an Associates degree, which is in Arts & Science.

While many of my peers were finishing the last 2 years of their bachelors degrees, I was going to school for X-ray. I went to a technical school of sorts, and all I got out of it was a diploma, but I passed by boards and am now working as a X-ray Tech at the local hospital (it did take me like 7 months to find a job though...). It's definitely challenging and rewarding, even if I'm torturing people =_=

When I do go back to school for my bachelor's degree, I'm hoping to go back and study Radiation Therapy. It'll be hard, considering I can't do it part time, if I go back and study that I'll have to go full-time. But I've handled it once before, I know I can handle it again ^_^

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 PM

My bachelor's degree is in biology and my masters is in wildlife science.
I'm teaching physics.
So I guess you could say that I'm SORT OF working in my field. I am working in science, just not my preferred type of science.