Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-24-2012, 04:39 AM

Kry watched the robot, amused and intrigued by it. "You've said nothing inappropriate, also, you are not responsible for any suffering that I might experience. It is your creators who are at fault, not you. You have done absolutely nothing wrong." Kry lifted his glass of water to his lips again, taking delicate yet deliberate sips. When he set the glass down, he started speaking again. "Music is not necessary, but there is a question I would like to hear the answer to, if you can answer it." He paused for only a moment, as if deciding how to phrase his question. "What is the meaning of life?" It was a hard question and there was no wrong answer, still he merely asked it to get a better understanding of how this robot's thought process worked. Also it would help him understand the being's creators a little better by seeing how she answered the question. Honestly, there were many things he could determine, just from an answer to that question.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Akari nodded. "It was well that I met you, fellow Priest. And yes, I am also a warrior. Long ago, my family pledged that our children would become warriors of our adopted tribe, so as I serve Suzaku, I serve my village."

After his farewell, Akari turned back to her ale. As she finished it up, she thought it over. Alec was expecting her. He was a Halfway House, someone that the village trusted to give shelter to the young ones as they journeyed the land. As much as she would love to speak further with the mysterious Kry, she knew that she could not worry Alec. As it was, she would not make his home until late. "What do you think Rei?"

Rei turned her eyes to her companion. She trilled sadly, her eyes conveying the rest of her message. "You're right. Though the world is big, and we are small, if the Great Phoenix wills it, we'll meet him again. Kry was right, there are not many of us left. And he is distinctive! Perhaps after the Quest, we'll find him again. But until then, the road calls."

Akari finished off the last of her ale and put down the money to cover her drink and the meat Rei had eaten. "Thank you Everest. May the Phoenix of the South bless a fellow bird lover."

On her way out, Akari stopped beside the table where Kry sat. He was deep in conversation with the strange robot. "My apologies for interrupting. Brother Kry, I thank you for your invitation, but I am expected, and so I must leave. My Quest requires that I keep moving, seeing the world, but my village would not look down upon my returning to the greater world every so often. Perhaps we'll meet again if Suzaku wills it. May the Phoenix of the South bless you, Brother." She bowed low, honoring him.

Rei balanced herself on the moving shoulder, opening her wings to keep her balance. She didn't trill or screech a farewell. Instead, she let loose a hauntingly beautiful sound.

Akari straightened. "Farewell." She turned and walked out the tavern door into the evening. The road beckoned.

((I'm bowing out here guys. It was fun!))

Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 AM

((Awe...Okay, Kin. Have a good night. Thanks for joining us. I'm sorry to see you leave.))

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 AM

"That's a relief then." Iris replied, hearing the question she was unsure herself. "I was never asked something like that before. Do you mean my creator or are you asking me directly? Unfortunately I may not be able to come up with a suitable answer. I'm still a child. Although if you ask me, life seems to be something valuable. I may be a machine, but unlike my brethren I was programmed to learn through my own actions. However I believe if I could access my internal databanks I could provide a more suitable answer. I was created with the idea to think on my own, perhaps my creator was worried for my well being and locked my emotions away. I do know they are there, I just have no access to them."

She then looked at herself, "Ah...I was just trying to make the mood seem more lively." she added to the earlier response when she was finished.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 AM

When Akari approached him to say her farewells, he bowed his head respectfully and watched her go. It was a shame she was leaving, he had wanted to speak more to her. Perhaps later, their paths would cross again one day. His attention returned to the robot as Akari made her exit. Kry seemed amused by her answer. "Life is very valuable, and there is no wrong answer to the question I asked. Different people, different creatures think about life differently. Everyone sees it differently, I merely asked to get a better understanding of how your thought process works."

Kry glanced to Nara briefly, for once he almost looked uncertain when he glanced at her. Uncertain because he wasn't sure how Iris would react to his next question. Kry always spoke and moved with deliberate words and deliberate actions, as if he always knew exactly what he meant to say and do. He knew what he meant to say now, but still he felt a little uncertain. "I would ask you another question. Do you believe that you have a soul?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 03:31 PM

Nara likely would have said farewell but Akari was gone so instead she fell back into listening to the other two. She had remained silent and not sure if she should speak but Kry's next question almost made her spit out her tea. She touched her mouth but managed to swallow without a drop escaping but glanced to Kry. To ask the meaning of life had been strange but to ask if one believed they had a lira, a spirit or soul, seemed highly inappropriate and personal.

Still, inwardly she heard the teachings of her priests who worshiped the Fealiran god Orriesei and it kept her quiet a moment longer. The believed only Orriesei could create a soul and had created only the Fealira so only Fealira had souls. Everyone else was created by Arr'mei an evil spirit similar to the christian devil, who could only create the Fea or earthly body and not a true soul. They would not believe the robot or kry himself had a soul. As kry asked such a question he reminded her of the priests and she felt a moment of shock.

Nara had long decided the priests were contemptuous and wrong, so it was strange to her to be reminded of them. As Nara had explored the world she believed the priests wrong and that Orriesei's words had been perverted and changed. She did not know if it was deliberate or simply a product of the Faelira's self importance but she could not believe the benevolent Orriesei so hated one's outside the Faeliran race. She, herself, believed all people had a soul gifted by the loving Orriesei now despite what she had been taught and for all she knew once the robot's emotions were unlocked she would too.

"excuse me" She said simply, wanting to get away from him for a moment. She headed for the table and looked over the food as if debating what to get. She knew kry was too gentle and had not meant that question badly but it still upset the young snow cat for reasons she couldn't really explain. Perhaps it was simply because she was so reminded of home.... a place that she was finally starting to admit to herself she wasn't so sure she wanted to return to.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 AM

Having noticed Everest had already left preparing rooms, Sunny sighed, fiddled with her hat, and she and Noah walked over to where the food was, starting to gather some for themselves.

"We can ask again when she comes back, Sun. No worries." Noah said, gently nudging the black-haired girl.

She half-smiled, "I know. I'm not worried."

It was rare for her to not be worried. Despite the emotions she'd encountered earlier, Sunny felt like they were welcome. She felt no feelings of animosity from anyone to anyone. Another wave of cold washed over them, though, when the snow cat came up beside them. Sunny felt pangs of anxiety and upset from the being, and turned to face her.

"Are you alright?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 01:37 AM

"i...Yes, i am fine. Just was reminded of home. I am Uranaya Helceion but you may call me nara if you prefer" She responded as if rather startled. In truth she had just been so deep in thought that she had not noticed she was near anyone else. She gave the girl a warm if slightly puzzled smile. Was she an empath perhaps? Or had Nara's emotion erally showed so strongly on her features? She thought she had hid it well but she could be wrong. She looked over the woman a moment in thought though honestly it didn't bother her one way or the other.

"What is your name?"

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 AM

Sunny smiled back, but noticed the confusion in Nara's face. "I'm Sunny." She said, and then hooked an arm around Noah, who half-smiled. "This is my friend, Noah. It's nice to meet you, Nara."

Noah could sense the worry behind Nara's smile, but couldn't make out much of her thoughts, or her origins. She seemed to have hidden them well. Noah laughed a little awkwardly, attempting to answer the question that was making Nara nervous. "We're, uhm... Seers. I don't know what we're called in other places, but that's what we were called in the place we grew up."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 AM

"Faesei, or earthly beings gifted with divine power is what my people would call that." She said softly and seemed to relax. She did strengthen her shields unconsciously, for all Faelira being more spirit then physical had great spiritual power, but she seemed to bare them no resentment. One should not be punished or resented for something her people believed gifted by Orriesei, or god, itself. She had been taught only the Faelira 'seers' were from god and the others simply tricked by Arr'mei, or the devil/god of evil. Yet as she had met others in her travels and seen spirit healers, empaths, and visionaries save lives and do good she could not beleive what she had been taught. Only Orriesei could create something so blessed.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both" She said with a formal bow before turning to the table. She took a small piece of fruit, most of the food too warm for her liking. Hot food and drink always made the icy being's stomach hurt. Due to this most Faelira were vegetarians or ate raw meat... Nara had never had the stomach for the raw meat so had been a vegetarian always. As she had gone into the rest of the world with it's cooked, hot meat it had only strengthened this decision.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 AM

Noah relaxed when he couldn't sense any of Nara's thoughts. Though he wasn't skilled at the art of reading minds, the bits he could make out would often make him feel awkward, and thus the conversation wouldn't go the way he'd intended, and certainly not the way he'd have liked. Noah remembered what the Oracle of their town had said about their Sight, that it was hard to control, and extremely hard to refine. Though he and Sunny had been working on honing their powers with each other, neither had come anywhere near their full potential. She'd also warned them that many people would think they were a sham. It might've been an understatement to say Noah was glad to have met someone that actually believed them.

"Faesei..." Sunny rolled the word around on her tongue softly, liking the way it sounded. It certainly sounded more elegant to her than just straight-out 'Seer'. She was surprised when Nara bowed, though, and attempted to return one of similar magnitude. If she was given respect, she would try her best to give back the same respect. But she was lost on whether this was just the kind of respect given in Nara's culture, or if it was true respect for what they were.

"T-thank you." Sunny stammered, "We're not very... skilled yet, though. Not as much as anyone thinks when we say we're Seers." She chose her words carefully. Not skilled sounded like they were in training, or working on honing skills they could control. They honestly couldn't control their abilities. The one time Sunny had told anyone honestly about their powers, the person had tried to get her and Noah mental help, which wouldn't have done a thing for either of them.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 AM

"I am sure you are as skilled as you are meant to be right now..." Nara assured, seeming to genuinely believe it. Gifts from the divine, as she believed such things were, matured at their own time frame as they were meant too. She saw no reason it needed or should be rushed. She smiled softly at them then, seeing how uncertain they were. They too had obviously suffered for being different and she empathized with them. She tentively reached out and gave the nervous girl a soft pat on her shoulder to try to reassure her before withdrawing her hand quickly.

To her, she decided, they would be just...people. Their gifts left to god and forgotten. She had given the simple respect her strict society decided on any new meeting but she could still try to behave more human so they were use to it. She could see from her nervousness that she did not come from a people to which bows were the norm. She wasn't a good actress even now, but she would do what she could.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 AM

"You're very kind." Sunny said, a small, but genuine smile on her lips. It had been a long time since anyone had said anything even moderately nice about their skill level. Though the Oracle had often said that things take the time they take... When Nara placed her hand on Sunny's shoulder, though it was quick, she felt ice, then fire. It was gone in an instant, and it wasn't enough of a feeling to truly shock or overcome her, so very little, if any reaction at all showed on her face.

Sunny and Noah began gathering food for themselves, and Sunny asked, "Is there a particular place you're going?"

She wouldn't ask where Nara was from, since that question seemed to have mixed results with people. With Nara's stress from earlier, Sunny didn't want to risk making the woman nervous because of origins. This question seemed to yield happier conversations most of the time, because the people Sunny and Noah met were often moving forward towards something that needed to be done, or that they wanted to do.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 03:19 AM

"Not really, simply... wherever each road takes me. What of you?" Nara whispered softly. Her voice as always seemed to call forth winter in its sound but there was genuine warmth and curiosity as well. She was enjoying them for a reason she could not name... perhaps it was nothing more then they had called her kind. Because of the jarring power of her voice many assumed her cold and would leave it at that. She held the piece of fruit in one hand, seeming to have forgotten it.... or the fact they were standing in front of the buffet table.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 03:40 AM

"It's similar for us. Since we left home, we've been going wherever our visions take us." Sunny said. "As for right now, that's here. Usually, we stay in a place until one of us gets another vision, and then we set off again. Sometimes the time between visions is an hour, and other times, it's half a year." Sunny laughed a little then. "Noah's are usually clearer. Mine are foggy and symbolic, and usually get us lost."

Noah grinned, "She says that, but her visions are better at telling us what we need to do."

"But they rarely happen in tandem, which means sometimes we get awkward in certain places. It's kind of hard to tell someone that you're there because you had an insanely vivid vision about it." Sunny was laughing a bit more freely now.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 AM

"I'm sure they are equally important. What has happened as you have followed them so far?" She asked curiously. It really was very interesting... did they feel like they were being lead towards something wonderful or uncertain? She wandered without purpose, without knowledge. Yet still she was not sure if she should envy them or be grateful she was free to make her own choices. She mused inwardly this and more as she watched them and waited for her answer. She too seemed to be relaxing as they did, as if their unease had made her uneasy.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 AM

"Well..." Sunny paused for a moment. "We met a lot of people, we broke up a couple fights, got a few people moving in the path right for them, kept a kid from jumping off a rooftop, saved a little girl's life..." She lingered on the last one for a little longer, "And we've probably been doing a lot of stuff that's, like, coincidental. Everything is connected, even if we can't see it. Though sometimes that's kind of hard, since sometimes we feel kind of... useless when we can't figure out what we're supposed to be doing. Or what we did."

"But it feels really good when we do see it." Noah added. "Makes us feel like we've got a purpose."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 04:48 AM

"every life has a purpose, and it sounds like yours have particularly special ones. I am sure your never useless." She said simply and gave them a warm smile. In truth she thought every life had a purpose.....except perhaps her. The fire born, the cursed ice soul who was fated, according to her people, to burn itself to death young. She had simply accepted that as a child, however, so it pained her no more. It was what it was, even if each day she lived if felt as if it was defiance of her elders. That was the one thing she liked about being outcast from her tribe really, defying them.

"You should probably sit and eat though if you are hungry" She said politely. She didn't want them to miss out on a meal just because they were talking to her. Food was very important to true living such as them. Being a Faelira she was never sure what she was when it came to such things. Her own kind simply thought of themselves as 'the true people, and left it at that. Others thought of them as shape shifting spirits or ghosts or some even simply ice cat humanoids.... the truth Nara suspected was something in between.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 05:03 AM

A faint blush tinted Sunny's cheeks. Nara was possibly one of the most supportive of their abilities besides the Oracle herself.

As if on cue, Sunny's stomach growled loudly, alerting her that it wanted food, and it wanted food now. Noah's echoed it almost perfectly, causing the two to laugh.

"Oh. Right. Food. I kind of forgot." Sunny said sheepishly. "Would you sit with us? I'm enjoying this conversation very much."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 AM

"Sure" Nara said after a moment's glance towards Kry. He seemed more interested in talking to the robot so for now she saw no harm in it. He hadn't even seemed to notice she had left. So with a shrug she turned back towards the other two and gave them a warm smile. On a plate she would gather a few more bits of fruit and a small salad then wait for the other two to make their own plates. Once they were done she would let herself be lead to a table, not particularly caring where they sat.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 05:37 AM

"Okay~" Sunny hummed happily, fixing herself a plate of various 'breakfast foods', eggs, bacon, pancakes with syrup... Noah helped himself to a pasta dish. They walked over to a table near the corner of the room, sitting down next to each other.

Sunny noticed Nara gazing at Kry. The sadness still lingered over him, and Sunny had to focus on her own happiness in order to keep her eyes bright. She felt bad about asking, but since it had nearly caused her to double over earlier, she thought maybe it might not be so weird to ask, especially if she explained... "Um, Nara? You were talking to him-" She nodded at Kry, who was seated next to the busty girl they saw in front of the tavern, "-earlier, right? Is something upsetting him?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 05:49 AM

"He's......worried about something is all. Don't mind it. " She said uncomfortably before reaching over to pat the other woman's hand. She tried to extend a little of her shield to the girl but she wasn't sure how much good it would do. If the girls energy fought or she connected to strongly she'd either do nothing or the girl would feel Nara's own concern for Kry.... among other things. He had made her feel special earlier you see and there was something addicting in that. She hoped the girl wouldn't take it as an attack or an offense, it was something Nara had not been thinking about before she did it, but now she was worried about sunny and started to withdraw her hand.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 AM

Again, she felt it, the fire and ice. Sunny wasn't going to ask about it, though. She took a deep breath. "Sorry. It just seemed more than that. I felt a wave of sorrow when we came in. Maybe it was someone else." Sunny shrugged, and started taking small bites of her dish. "Whatever it was, it's less intense now, I think."

"Another added quirk of ours. Sunny can feel the emotions around her, and I can hear some of the thoughts around me." Noah explained, taking a bite of his pasta. "Our Oracle said that not all Seers have this kind of ability, that we should cherish it, but it sure does make things harder when there are a lot of unhappy people around." He rolled his eyes when he said the last part. There were very few ways to temporarily 'disable' their abilities, and not all were practical.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 AM

"It may have been before... but now he's just worried and curious" She assured quietly as she pushed her shield around both her and sunny like a cloak. Since sunny had not objected Nara relaxed and decided to do the best she could. Of course she could only maintain this as long as Sunny let her hold her hand. How long before the ice spirits cold touch or the fact it was 'strange' by most standards would pass before she pulled away. She glanced towards Noah a moment. He sure seemed to explain things so easily... she half envied his openness.

Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 05-25-2012, 06:19 AM

Everest returned to the dining room and smiled as she looked at her guests. Aquarius and Airey returned to their perch as they told Everest that the phoenix and her friend had left. She seemed saddened by the news but understood that everyone would eventually would leave the tavern. Her focus shifted to those that were still her guests here and proceeded to pass out room keys to everyone.

The elf passed keys to Sunny and Noah before handing a key to Nara and Kry. "Please let me know if anyone else needs a room." She said before fixing herself a plate and making sure that her feathered friends had food.