Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-19-2015, 10:13 PM

I toss and turn for hours, especially these days that I don't need to be up in mornings. But I end up sleeping at least 9 hours.

...eventually.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-19-2015, 10:39 PM

I find that nights before I have to work, I end up staying awake for hours and I don't fall asleep until like 2am and then when I finally fall asleep, I wake up again in an hour or so. On nights where I don't have to wake up in he morning, I sleep easier.

So strange!

I hope you feel better soon, Aoi! Being sick sucks!

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 03-19-2015, 10:42 PM

thank you ^^ i'm getting there

its probably some psychological thing.

for myself, i probably just spend too much time in front of electronics.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 PM

That is strange, but I haven't had to wake up in the morning in a while so I'd never be able to sleep well before a morning shift now.

Kory

Old 03-19-2015, 10:58 PM

Sleep is strange. Do you ever find that certain foods give you nightmares? I noticed the last two nights I've been eating bananas in bed and then I end up having really scary, messed up dreams!

I think sleep patterns are a conditioned thing.. Very hard to break or change. All my life I've been going to sleep late and now that I work it's super hard to get to sleep on time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-19-2015, 11:08 PM

I've had a lot of conversations about dreams and I've heard that before about foods. But not me. Doesn't seem to change anything. For a while me and a friend were experiment with alcohols effect on dreams. Seems to kill dreams for me. But I don't have nightmares. I've only had a few my entire life.

Conditioned some for sure, but I know I started switching to a nocturnal lifestyle naturally the second I passed out of elementary school.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 12:23 AM

Oh, you're so lucky. Nightmares are awful, I hate them because I always wake up and then I have a hard time falling back asleep. Nightmares are so scary, I hate them. If I could get rid of them for good that'd be awesome.

Really? That's interesting! Both of my parents are pretty much nocturnal, so I was raised going to sleep really late and waking up really late. At slumber parties I was always the last person to fall asleep and the last person to wake up. I do agree with you though, it's probably just conditioned for some because everyone is different and no two persons fit the same mold!

Aoi Kazuya

Old 03-20-2015, 12:27 AM

I always get stuck in that place where you're half asleep and half awake when i try to wake up from nightmares, so it's not fun. but I agree, i could do without nightmares for the rest of my life.

I used to be good about waking up early no matter what time i fell asleep, but after the last couple of breaks from classes I've pretty much ruined my sleep schedule so I'm just forever sleepy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 12:36 AM

I've had a lot of dreams that others say must be terrifying as hell, but it's all like movies to me. Less emotion. I've had maybe four dreams that were deep emotion.
I dislike a half awake place. I usually think I've already woken up and it confuses me.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 12:54 AM

Oh, that's the worst when you're half asleep half awake. It's definitely confusing and disorientating!

Kat, you remind me of a friend I used to have. She used to be a big fan of horror movies so she loved it when she had "nightmares" because she felt like they were "free horror movies". I could never understand her on that!

I don't like feeling sleepy. Especially when you're sleepy and you are in a place where you can't just fall asleep.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 12:56 AM

haha. I don't like horror movies though. They're so cheap. I don't like slasher and it's usually not scary or just...I dunno. But I like shows like Criminal Minds with all that horror. My dreams are not so messed up lately though.

It's terrible to feel sleepy at work!

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 01:41 AM

I have never seen Criminal Minds. :o What is it about? I've heard of it, but I don't really know what the show is about! I wish I liked horror, but I'm a wimp. I can't handle anything really scary! Yikes!

Oh, I know... One time I was at work and I was falling asleep, but pretending like I was thinking and it was so embarrassing because the kids were like, "Why are your eyes closed?" And I tried to tell them, "Because I'm thinking" but I was actually falling asleep. I always feel like I'm being an ass when I start falling asleep at work. I try my best to stay awake, and I usually am pretty awake, but then the second I sit down I start falling asleep.

Do you two ever drink caffeine to stay awake?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 01:47 AM

Criminal Minds is a crime drama that deals a lot with serial killers and really wacky, horror-ful crimes. It's more about the behavior and the whys and hows. More of a smart crime drama.

I'm on my feet at work, so I can't actually sleep there and I never would. I can't sleep in odd places. Even when I flew to London, I didn't sleep on the long flight. I don't sleep in the car. I've never fallen asleep in class. I always wonder how people do that. But I'll be tired and just like...oh right, I should smile at the customers and...oh crap, I forgot to get your coffee didn't I?

*sets down coffee mug* I have no idea what you mean. >.> But what I said above pretty much answers that. I don't need to force myself to stay awake. I need to force myself to sleep.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 AM

Ohhh! That sounds interesting. Not something I'd watch, though, I don't like hearing about people being horrible to someone else, but I know that's life. Horrible things happen all the time, and I guess it would be interesting to hear what was going through some of these criminal's minds when they did what they did.

Oh, I'm with you there, I can't sleep in moving vehicles. But it's really easy for me to fall asleep in places I'm familiar with. I'm probably one of those people that you wonder about who falls asleep during school. My job is pretty active so I don't fall asleep often, but I work really early in the morning and sometimes during the children's breakfast or early in the morning when there aren't as many kids, I find my eyes closing when I try to force them open! But I know it's my own fault, I was never a morning person and no matter how much sleep I get, I can't ever seem to stay awake in the mornings!

It must be awesome working with coffee. I don't drink coffee too often, but I love the taste and smell of it. I used to want to be a barista when I was younger, it was always a dream of mine to work at a coffee shop. Tell me, is it fun and luxurious? Do you get to meet awesome people at work?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 03:07 AM

I like the psychological aspect a lot and I like crime drama. It's interesting to see something creative and to understand who someone would do something so bizarre.

I'm not as big on coffee as you'd think. I drink mine with infinite amounts of creamer and sugar in it so I end up preferring the fake powder coffee drinks. I think I used to like coffee more than now. It's an alright job. My coworkers are fun, but I don't think there's anything luxurious about it. There are cool customers, but I've met more rude ones.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 06:14 AM

That makes sense! I'm sure that's probably why most people would watch the show as well. (I hope anyway! Hopefully no one is watching it to get ideas! O.O)

Oh, I see. Do you have any regulars that come in? I don't know why, but I always thought that working at a coffee shop was so much fun, and you get to make fun drinks and talk to interesting people.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 06:21 AM

Get ideas...to write! Lol. That's what I think.

People seem to have this idea. I never did. I always thought it would be terrible. I'm pretty sure all of the worst customer service jobs stories I've heard are from coffee shops. I definitely have regulars. People who I see at least once a day, but I'm still new at it.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 08:46 PM

I would hope that the only ideas are to write!! LOL.

Are you currently in school? :o That is understandable. I think when we see coffee shops in media, it's usually a really cool, mellow place where hipsters hang out and listen to awesome indie music and drink really fun drinks. Are there things you like about your job?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 PM

No. I graduated more than a year ago. Geez, what media are you watching? O.o I...like my coworkers. I like the perks I get like free drinks and stuff. It's not bad really, but I'm not suited for customer service.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 09:31 PM

Ohh, I see. The first thing that pops in my head when I think of working at a coffee shop is this show I used to watch as a kid called "6teen". It had a character in it who worked at a coffee shop and her job looked so awesome! I thought when I turned 16 I'd work at a coffee shop too. But it didn't work out that way.
Ohh, I see. That's understandable. What would be your dream job?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 09:42 PM

I never saw that. Haven't actually heard of 6teen.
I'm a writer and I consider that my career even if I haven't made money yet. My dream day job would be a book store or maybe, a shoe store.

Kory

Old 03-20-2015, 10:02 PM

It was a Canadian TV show apparently, but it aired here in Minnesota I guess because that's where I saw it.
I wish you the best on your endeavors! I think you're an excellent writer and I'm sure you'll make a good fortune from writing someday! I also think the same for Aoi.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 PM

Huh. I've seen only one Canadian show that they're airing on Ion right now.
thank you. I really appreciate the confidence. I need to do more to chase my dreams, but I'm always so lazy.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 03-21-2015, 12:52 AM

Okay so while I was at work a bunch of stuff happened here xD lemme see if I can catch up...

I really really like horror movies though I'm a big baby and I'm terrified of everything, haha. I don't like American horror movies though or American remakes cause they all seem to either rely on cheap jumpscares or are just boring overall. I really like watching Asian horror movies though, most of them tend to be more psychological so it's even more terrifying :D

I've seen 6teen before! I think it was airing when I was in high school or something...

Caffeine gives me terrible headaches, but they haven't been as bad lately because when I had a 12 hour class schedule last semester I had no choice but to buy cold sugary caffeinated drinks from Starbucks to stay awake for my last class which was a 3 hour lecture on 16th Century Italian Art.

And thanks Ava ^^ I'm currently studying writing alongside some other subjects in college actually, so the encouragement is really appreciated.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-21-2015, 01:15 AM

Psychological horror sounds a lot better because slasher films aren't scary. And I'm sick of even seeing commercials for ghost related horrors. It's always exorcisms and hauntings.

Hm, I would prefer ancient art to Italian.... I'm the opposite though. I get headaches from not drinking caffeine sometimes. I develope and get over my addiction in cycles all the time.