Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2008, 12:13 AM

Hewwo!
So i've lost the pen to my Wacom drawing tablet.
I remember once that I came across one that was the pen only, for like 30 bucks.
But I haven't been able to find it in a Staples or Office Deport.

Does anyone know if they actually sell the tablet pens separately without the tablet, in case you lost your's?

What about Fry's Electronics?

NEW QUESTIONED I NEED ANSWERED!
Do you need the tablet software to have it working?
When I plug in my tablet, the little green light doesn't light up, does this mean i need to instal the software?

AND

Do you need to use a touchpen that is especialy for your kind of tablet?
I have a touchpen that comes inside of a regular pen, would just that work?

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 AM

Are you looking to buy it at a store or online? What kind of Wacom tablet do you have?

If you can purchase it online, I know the Wacom site sells it. I've been searching myself and despite all the other websites, it's all around $30. ^^;

*goes to find links*

padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 03-09-2008, 12:18 AM

I was wondering the same thing in case I ever lost mine. The only place I could find one was ebay. It was $30 or $40 dollars, which sucked, because my tablet only cost $70. That was enough incentive for me to try not to lose it.

Edit: I forgot you can buy them from wacom.com as well, but they're still really pricey.

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 AM

I've been trying to find it at a store instead of waiting for it to arrive by mail. D;
I guess I will have to if I end up not finding one.
I have a wacom tablet.

I just need to figure out if Frys has it, but I cant seem to find it on the site!
Their a bigger computer store then Office Deport or Staples ><;

LazyKat
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 AM

I recently bought a replacement graphire3 pen because mine wore out (5 years... not bad eh?), although I don't think Wacom sells graphire3 replacements, you'll have to get those through someone else, we used Amazon.

They do however sell graphire4 pens, and those will also be easier to find elsewhere. Shop around and see if you can get a deal :)

Anyhow, the answer is yes, definitely, you can even buy the pen nibs separately when they wear out.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-09-2008, 12:24 AM

I mean, what kind of Wacom tablet do you have? The Graphire? The Intuos?

If you wanted to just buy from Wacom itself, there's this site for the Graphire: http://www.wacom.com/graphire/Accessories.cfm

I've tried using a Graphire 4 pen on a Graphire 2 tablet, and it works just fine.

Or you can Google products by typing in "Wacom ___ pen" with the ___ as whatever type of tablet you have. ^^

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2008, 12:27 AM

I'm not too sure o.-
All it says that I can see is Wacom.
I got this along time ago, like years ago.
I just recently wanted to start using it again.
Is there a specific place where the name is written?
It says a model number. <<

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 03-09-2008, 12:31 AM

[color=#0066cc]You could go to an online vendor you know that would sell it and type in the model number for it. That should tell you which kind it is.

Flink needs to buy a new one for her tablet. Only because the rubber grip on it is peeling off. o.o[/color[

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 AM

Okay so, I guess i'm going to end up buying it online.
I just went to Frys and they didn't have it. D;

BUT

Before I spend 30 bucks and wait impatiently.
I have a couple of other questions!

Check out the bottom of the first post and please answer them! ><

LazyKat
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Do you need the tablet software to have it working?
When I plug in my tablet, the little green light doesn't light up, does this mean i need to instal the software?
Your tablet does need its drivers installed to work, but you don't need to reinstall them to make a replacement stylus (pen) work.

If there is no light where there should be light (on Graphire 3's there is an orange light when it is working, and a green light when there is contact with the stylus or mouse) and you can't move the cursor with the pen or the mouse, then yes, you need to install the drivers (software).

Quote:
Do you need to use a touchpen that is especialy for your kind of tablet?
I have a touchpen that comes inside of a regular pen, would just that work?
You should use the model of pen that matches the model of tablet. In my case, I use a Graphire 3, so I had to order a Graphire 3 pen. You never answered what model tablet you use, but I can almost guarentee that you can't use Graphire 4 pens with Graphire 3 Tablets, Intuos Pens with Cintiqs, or any other pairing of pen and tablet that are not of the same model.
Colour doesn't matter, if you have a sapphire Graphire then even a white pen should work.

Not sure what your last question is asking... but if it isn't the model of pen that is compatible with your tablet, it won't work, 99.9% sure.

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2008, 04:24 AM

Alright, that pretty much answers all my questions! ^^
I'll just have to get the pen, and I think my tablet is a Graphire... ET?

But thanks a lot Lazykat, you've been a great help :33