HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-31-2008, 06:37 AM

does anyone know were i can buy copic markers (or anything thats like it) that arent so expensive
i really want to experiment with them but theyre just to expensive for me

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 AM

Copics ARE expensive though... 'cause they work so well and are just awesome. xDD They're usually around 5-7 dollars per marker; I don't know any place that sells them for below that price.. sorry.

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 02-01-2008, 06:44 AM

DickBlick sells copics for a cheaper price then a lot of places. I've placed an order with them recently, and it has a decent customer service arrangement (they haven't arrived yet, but most of my order wasn't in stock at the time).

But buying them from a normal art store tends to be at least $5 a marker (at a really REALLY good place).

Shadizilla
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shadizilla Send a message via MSN to Shadizilla

Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 AM

Carpe Diem sells them normally cheaper than DickBlick, from what I've seen. Of course, there are times when one is more or less than the other based on sales.

Omi
Artistic Angel

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM

I got a LOT at my local Hobby Lobby store when they were on sale for half price-- roughly $2 a marker. But that's only good if you have that store locally. >.<

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 AM

Local's the way to go. I suggest checking the yellow pages... or whatever directory you've got where you are, for discount or wholesale art supply shops.

Shadizilla
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shadizilla Send a message via MSN to Shadizilla

Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi
I got a LOT at my local Hobby Lobby store when they were on sale for half price-- roughly $2 a marker. But that's only good if you have that store locally. >.<
Yeah, my friend has a Hobby Lobby where she is, and she loves it.

But here, the only way I can get to a Hobby Lobby is driving two hours+
I'd probably spend more on gas money and make up for the discount markers :<
But there aren't really any places that sell copics around here. So I have to stick to Prisma.

encheslie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to encheslie

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM

I've never laid my hands on any copics... though I'd love to! The closest art store to me is Micheals.... which is downright outrageous when it comes to art supplies... ToT;

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadizilla
Carpe Diem sells them normally cheaper than DickBlick, from what I've seen. Of course, there are times when one is more or less than the other based on sales.
Thanks so much for the link. I've been trying to find a cheap place to buy some too. Sadly, none of my hobby stores or art places don't sell them. (they only sell Prismacolor ones.) I'm not an Ebay buyer so there's usually no way for me to get them. xD.

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-10-2008, 06:25 PM

OoOhhh copic markers are pretty expensive. Any general art shop should have them. Where I live we have this little art shop and they have like every single color. XD

Just look around...and if you can't find them, you could always look on-line. ^^

dichromaticbeagle
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to dichromaticbeagle Send a message via Yahoo to dichromaticbeagle

Old 02-11-2008, 03:39 PM

I want to buy a set of my own. But, I can make do with a cheaper alternative. Besides, we don't have Copic markers here... Unless you'd want to go to the country's capital. I think it's worth $2 or lower there..

Naiyo
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 05:56 PM

Because they are a high end professional product you probably won't be able to find them for anything not expensive. I found them at a bout 3.25 a unit (so in big packs) while I was in Japan and that is a STEAL.
For the most part where i live they are about 6$ a marker, and slightly cheaper in the big packs.
If you want nice markers but don't want to kill your wallet on supplies then go for prismacolor markers.

Nathaniel Mea
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 AM

I suggest learning how to use alcohol based markers (which copics are) from another brand such as promarkers , Tria or prismas to you get the feel for it before you spend a lot of money on something you may even tire on.

Just a small suggestion. It took me well over a year to master those and then another half a year to get my hang on Copics... but then I already knew the basics of marker usage.