Saganu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Saganu

Old 05-12-2007, 08:52 AM

I prefer drawing males, females take me a lot of time >< In the last 2 years though i think i managed to draw better girls (and really makes me happy to draw their bodies right!!) but i sometimes still have a hard time to draw their faces. Dunno, i don't feel i can draw them cute/pretty enough and look odd...
Still, even if i draw more males, i keep on drawing girls too, someday i'll do nice faces for them, i know!! xD;

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-12-2007, 09:00 AM

you can do it cao-chan!!!! <3333

*really likes kimu's siggy* *____*

Moocat
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Moocat Send a message via MSN to Moocat

Old 05-12-2007, 03:00 PM

I always have trouble drawing men. x_X It's really difficult for me. And it's funny, because I have a friend, who is the complete opposite. She can draw men, but not women. xP

TOGETHER, HER AND I MAKE A HALF-ASSED TEAM.

xD Seriously, though, I don't know why I can't draw guys. I think I get a bit confused about anatomy... But then again, I never draw anatomy right.

`puppet
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-12-2007, 11:16 PM

i mostly draw girly guys, so basically drawing both genders are about the same to me. right now, i am learning how to make my male characters more guy looking~ xDDD

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to DeniedUltraSex

Old 05-13-2007, 07:22 AM

Hmmmm, I usually draw guys with pencil and paper,
rarely ever girls,
and on my computer,
girls seem to be my theme.
I'd like to think it's pretty even. D:

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Well... they should state in the rules then.... plus they need to practise, and yea i draw males its females thats hard for me to do.

though i still try and draw fem's from time to time, if i had a commision of drawing a female i would proberly do it, it would take sometime but if the offer still stands (which has NEVER happend before) i would do it.

as a artist i mostly try to do stuff that i cant do and succed in, like front views, theirs two ways of doing it, and i ALWAYS take the hard way to do.

(though i shouldent really do it everytime ^^; no wonder i feel like i fail in that area, lol but thats a thing that im learning to do mostly do the stuff you cant do but also do the easiest version as well.)

1love1riku1
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to 1love1riku1 Send a message via MSN to 1love1riku1 Send a message via Yahoo to 1love1riku1

Old 06-07-2007, 09:38 PM

i usually draw only girls due to teh fact im used to drawing flowing hair.but boys i can deal with.i usually just draw the hair really messy.i cant really draw the hair flat and neat.except when i try and make them look sophisticated.

p a r f a i t
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 10:45 PM

I can draw either gender. The issue is that if you're a guy who likes macho looking pictures of yourself, I'm the last person you want near you! XDD;;; I don't think your avatar is that hard to draw.

(I'll draw it if you want. ; - ;''' )

darkcheese
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 06-11-2007, 02:07 AM

I think women are MUCH harder to draw, the anatomy, I just can't get down.

I like to draw men since they're pretty much flat, and much more square while women are more round, and then at a certain point their hips curve in.

I think that if I had to choose which to draw better, Id say women, because most art wanters are women

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Cinnamonmiko Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnamonmiko

Old 06-11-2007, 04:31 AM

I've never really had a problem with the physical anatomies of either, especially in the classical heritage style of eight-head ratio. Of course, I have problems being particularly creative with drawing the male form because they are so much more blockish....it's much easier for me to provide grace and suppleness for a fighter's stance if the character is made up of rounded lines. :D It seems like whenever I start to move beyond the text-book style posing, I wind up with two genders: androgynous and female. Dx lol!

I can't think of a good way to solve your commish problems, though. It's difficult to pay someone for something they don't really want to draw and won't draw well...and its tougher still when they won't even do the work. The best way, I think, is to peruse their galleries of previous commissions. If you notice a lot of female avatars, perhaps you should rethink your choice in artist! lol
Well, good luck. :)

kikirakikai
Send a message via AIM to kikirakikai Send a message via MSN to kikirakikai Send a message via Yahoo to kikirakikai

Old 06-13-2007, 02:32 AM

I find drawing guys a lot easier than drawing girls~ D: Mainly because I might like them more. :3

But no, you're not impossible at all~ D: I could sketch you up real quick. :3

Some artist though DO have a preference. like I just said, I PREFER to draw guys, but I will draw girls. I mean, they exist. I know that for a fact. I am one. :3

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-13-2007, 02:48 AM

I have a much easier time drawing females because I don't have to worry as much about specific muscles.
I'll never refuse to draw a male, but the more muscular they are, the more trouble I'll have -__- I do lean guys best I think.
The other reason I dislike drawing them is I often have trouble with short hair. Something about it I just never quite got the hang of. They're also harder to pose for me, because they tend not to have the same flow women do.

But I try to make a point not to refuse any commission. At the very least I can promise to try, but I'll always admit first if it's a weak point.

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2007, 10:46 AM

Well, the avatar's on this site make it hard for me to distinguish girl from boy sometimes unless it's overly apparent that the guy is a guy. If I feel uncomfortable and I'm not sure if the avi's a boy or girl, I just ask and get the embarrassment over instead of taking the chance of drawing the opposite sex instead of just getting a clear answer D:

But I find it easier to draw females than it is males because I've been drawing them for years and I'm so used to the curves(mainly the chest) that it's hard to draw guys.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM

I have difficulties in drawing men as well, not boy. XD I love boys, bishies too.

But I just don't like the way the other artist just give up like that. If they can't draw, they should tell ahead and practise. If they are commissioned to do so,they are suppose to know where their ability are.

If I had been commissioned to do anthro, no matter how hard it is, I will try my best to produce something. I think that is not your problem, is the artist who is not prepared.

drakokatze
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2007, 06:57 PM

hey ee~~~ *pounce* I know I have more trouble drawing men because I can't just look in a mirror to check things, but there are other ways to go about it, and to simply give up once you've accepted a commission is very bad form......

Florentine
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM

• I hate it when people think they are ready to take commissions, but turn people down because of the gender of the subject they are supposed to draw. Commissions come with a huge responsibility, it isn't your average art shop deal. Very immature and very unfair towards the commissioner. People often seem to forget that these people -pay- them for their art, often a fair amount too, and that they don't get to decide what exactly it is they are drawing.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM

I don't like to draw guys, just because it's more boring. Besides if I don't know how something should look, I can't really use myself for a model, can I? ;) Besides, I don't think your avatar is that hard to draw... I wonder why the other people think it is...?

crystal_wings6
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-31-2007, 07:21 PM

I used to have problem drawing guys but now, no.

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 PM

florentine - that's very harsh considering this is virtual currency.
if someone enjoys drawing one thing over the other there's no reason why they can't state that and choose what they will draw and won't.

i am usually really picky about what i draw, but i tend to make exceptions for people i like. males are not my forte, not because i can't draw them, but because i enjoy drawing females a lot more. there just seems to be a lot more that you can do with a female's body [distortions and such] compared to a male's.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-05-2007, 12:51 AM

xD Most people believe that drawing a male is more difficult than drawing a male, though I've seen some amazing male drawings in my past. Especially this certain artist who drew this male who had a veil so wonderfully. O_o; Or maybe the avatar was just hot. But either way, it turned out so sexy. xD Though, he did look a bit girly. *hmms*

I.C.A.R.I.A.N.A
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2007, 02:18 AM

I apologize if someone may have already mentioned this, but I hope I can give a little more insight into this matter. I'm an art student, majoring in graphic design, at a local art university in my state, and one of my teachers mentioned this information to our class in relation to our assignment, which was to draw nude models.

"You, as a specific gender, will feel more comfortable and at ease drawing members of your specific gender...because you yourself have those same parts that you are now required to draw, and you want to give as much attention to detail to them because it's almost as if you are drawing yourself. You also will feel more comfortable with drawing what you honestly see because you feel more relaxed with the subject matter, and from there, stems a unique sense of exploration and comfort within the art realm."

In short, if the people who you are comissioning to draw you are girls, they may just feel more comfortable with drawing girls because it's easier for them to relate the proportions and structure correctly because they can base it more personally off their own body. I'm a girl, and I personally favor drawing girls over boys when I draw or doodle, and having that new information enstilled in me, I believe that it's entirely possible that that's the reason why. :)

mrwhiskers
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 AM

if the artist is good, there shouldnt be any problem with them giving you what you want
all they need is practice and reference

Mage
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 AM

Wow, erm... I find drawing girls much more harder than drawing guys. D:

It's kind of strange. I don't draw as many guys as I do girls, but it's harder to draw girls than guys. My proportions are horrible with girls for some reason. ._.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 AM

I think it's just you to be honest hun. Drop by my freeby thread one day and I'll knock you an art out. Can't gurantee it'll be any good though as I'm still learning.

I find girls harder than guys personally, but I draw both.

Caghyre
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caghyre Send a message via Yahoo to Caghyre

Old 09-27-2007, 11:43 AM

I can't draw males worth crap. just don't have practice with them though. I always draw females, I really need to draw some males just to get the feel of it. Usually when I draw them they end up looking really feminine and the hair always looks HORRIBLE. So usually if I start drawing a male I end up turning it into a female half way through >o<