judo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-23-2008, 02:31 PM

Ive been creating my own manga recently and i was wondering if you could tell me what you think of the story. it sounds pretty cheesy when i tell it but its sorta a cross between fushigi yugi and dragonball z so if you hate both of them plz dont slag me for it!

ok so theres this guy brandon who has secret powers that he doesnt know about. he gets bullied at school and by his dad so he takes up martial arts. hes amazin at them cos of his special powers enters a contest. he gets to the final and faces a guy called Hero who beats him. they decide to train together as neither have any friends. Hero turns out to be the prince of the south quadrent of the universe and his sister Jula is in line to be the ruler. Brandon falls in love with Jula. however, hero and jula have been set to marry rulers in other quadrents from birth. Jula is meant to marry a prince called Trent but she agrees to call off the wedding, despite the political implications that would go with it. Hero tells her that she cant marry brandon because it will start a war. although this is true, he really only says it because he is secretly in love with brandon too. brandon understands that as a peasant (noble powers or not) he cant marry jula so he goes to the eastern quadrent as one of heros military generals. but his love for jula endures on!!

but yeah thats a "brief":P sum up of the story ive written. woo got the rough storyboards copywrighted so now im gonna start on the proper art work.

oh and the powers are sutff like psychic abilities, immense fighting skills and transformations (eg dragons, werewolfs etc).

but yeah what do you think plz tell me honestly before i start the final version? i wanna have ALL the best manga traits in it cos im a complete fanboy for that kinda stuff!

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2008, 02:48 PM

heh I think it sounds interesting! fighthing and romance is the way to go ;)

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 AM

I like it, but then again as a girl i'm a fool for romantic plots that are so fairytalelike^^

judo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM

aw thank you both for taking the time to read it. haha yeah it is pretty romantic but it also has immense fighting super saiyan but with dragons style ^_^ x

I gotta be careful though because my friend gave me these love hina books for my birthday and ive got really into them - but they are so different from what im trying to do

rosemaxy
Send a message via AIM to rosemaxy

Old 05-12-2008, 04:05 AM

let me say i love your story line :yes: it seems good but you should add a side story like maybe adding a funny charater or something or what ever you think, in my opinion :) over all i like your idea and fushigi yugi xD

Artistique
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 AM

Sounds like an epic storyline of love and politics with a side dish of kick-butt. Which in my eyes is pretty awesome :D.

gazerock!
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 AM

seems like a pretty good general outline for a story, but you kind of have to be careful to not take too many ideas from other mangas or it'd be similar to like changing charcters and people might accuse you of stealing ideas