Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-31-2017, 07:19 PM

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. However, I find that's often not true with musical and artistic choices. How about ya'll? Do you like the same kind of music as your parents? Share any favorite songs? And just how much does your musical taste overlap?

For me, I grew up mostly listening to my mom's musical choices via car radio which was country. 90's country is still a solid choice for me, full of nostalgia. I loved it growing up even though my tastes in music have changed vastly. For my dad. Uh....welll........his musical choices encompass pretty much everything except pop and music I listen to. However, I do find quite a few classic rock songs on my ipod and a few other random choices that I've gotten from his cd's.

Such as right now, I'm listening to Cold Dead Reckoning by Ian Anderson which I think I would never have heard of if not for my dad playing it.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-07-2018, 03:52 PM

hummydad had total control of the dial =3
he would always listen to country
and I love it to this day.
he plays Elvis and Johnny Cash O.o
eclectic much?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2018, 05:25 AM

Such old music. I feel parents like to keep to their old generation more than getting into the recent stuff though.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-19-2018, 03:26 PM

I didn't spend much time with my mom...It is hard for me to remember what music she listened to by choice.
Mostly, if it was on the jukebox at the bar, she listened to it.
She did have a fondness for the disco era, liking the BeeGees.
I spent even less time with my father.
I grew up with my grandma who watched Lawrence Welk every Sunday and my step-grandpa who watched HeeHaw every week.
As a teenager I preferred what is now considered Classic Rock...
When my kids were growing up I enjoyed Hard Rock and Death Metal.
After my kids were grown I listened to a lot of Gothic and Alternative music..
Now I don't listen to music very much anymore, but tend to sway toward the modern pop sound...kinda easy listening...when I do.
I think that my preferences, now, are much like what my mom would listen to if she were still with us.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 AM

My parents listened to a lot of jazz. Still can't stand it.
Its too chaotic.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2018, 05:47 PM

I love how much your music tastes have changed, Inzane. It's sweet that you and your mom may have been able to love the same music.
I think my mom would like some of what I listen to if she gave it a chance. Same with my dad, but on the different end of the spectrum.

Monstahh: Oh yes, I feel ya. Jazz and blues are the two music styles I just can't get into.