blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 05-19-2015, 03:03 AM

Dragon Rose Tavern
(Mystika Behind the Scenes)

This is a side thread to the main RP thread, Mystika - Revival of the Elementals. This is a place for the characters to interact with each other without being confined to the main plot of our story. Where they can also voice their feelings about their writers, how things are going in the main thread or just be silly.

Rules
Follow Mene Rules
Be Respectful
Also if you are not a member of the main thread please do not post here. Feel free to read.

Links Out

The Recruitment Thread | The OOC | The Main Thread

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-19-2015 at 03:07 AM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-19-2015, 03:04 AM

Reserved...

Just in case.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-20-2015, 05:10 AM

The female shifter sat quietly at one of the tables near the outer wall of the tavern. Upon the table before her were several maps, documents and papers with odd markings on them. An audible sigh came from her as she stared at the papers trying to make sense of them. From what she could tell the ones with odd markings spoke of a legend long forgotten. "Damn you grumpy lion where are you when I need your help?" Roshan grumbled as she grew more frustrated.

----------------------

Across the room at the bar the figure of a male was perched on a stool. He began to chuckle at the woman's frustrations. His azure eye glowed slightly as he discreetly watched Roshan. Rufio always enjoyed watching the fire elemental's partner. She was interesting, plus he still had to figure out why he felt a pull towards her.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-21-2015 at 02:13 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-20-2015, 08:29 PM

Gaia walked into the tavern, looking around as she sighed heavily, she walked towards the bar. Breaking Rufio's line of sight to Roshan. Once she was seated she laid her head upon her arms as she gazed sadly out of the window, sniffling a bit as she continued to try and stay hidden from people's view.

__________________________________________________ _____

Alister on the other hand was sitting next to Rufio, nursing his drink as he mapped out a plan to keep his partner from truly finding any of the elementals. Also trying to figure out how to truly get rid of his twin so that the world my live in peace once more. He glanced at his partner before sighing, downing his drink. "What has your attention so my friend?" he asked the male as he elbowed him.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-21-2015, 02:28 AM

Surprisingly things were rather peaceful within the tavern, but it was still rather early and empty. Once others started to arrive the quiet and peacefulness of this place would shatter. That was something the old man was sure of. He didn't mind the thought of chaos erupting. Really he was much more interested in seeing the beautiful female elementals and the other females. At the thought of being surrounded by all that beauty the old man began to salivate. Quickly he wiped it away relaxing in one of the more plush and comfortable chairs that the tavern had to offer.

Hen Tai peeked over the book that he was pretending to read to see who was already here. From the looks of it the king's twin brother was here with his hunting partner. He was unfamiliar with the two women, but he would soon learn who they were and hopefully get them to join his harem. Chuckling to himself he went back to pretending to read as he waited for the right time to approach the women.

--------------------

The hunter was pulled from this thoughts by an elbow to the side. He glanced over at Alister. "Nothing in particular friend." Rufio downed his drink and called to the tavern wench to bring them both another drink. His eye moved back to Roshan momentarily. "Just musing how peaceful this place is compared to some of the other establishments we have been to." The man gave a dry laugh before grinning. "And so far the company around here doesn't look half bad."

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-21-2015 at 02:30 AM..

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 05-22-2015, 06:05 AM

Seeing the young elemental enter the tavern, one of the people within hesitated. His hand rested hidden within his coat for a moment before he chose to let his weapon remain sheathed. This was ... neutral ground. Elementals weren't to be harmed here. He'd reminded himself of that many times that evening.

This one ... looked troubled. In fact, everything about her spoke of a broken heart. She was dull to her surroundings, not caring if there was danger. The hunter wondered if Gaia would even run if her life was in threatened here. Something had happened to this delicate-looking creature. Elemental or not, she deserved a moment's peace.

Valen stepped forward slowly, his black eyes lingering on Gaia. He chose a seat beside her, even though she went through great pains to stay out of everyone's way. He said nothing, and leaned against the counter in silence. Valen stared at the mug of tea he'd brought with him. He pushed it against the woman's arm, bumping her gently.
-

In the corner closest to the door was a pair of cloaked figures. Lydia fingered the edge of her hood thoughtfully, sipping at her cider. Her companion was grumbling about something under his breath, and reached up to jerk the hood from his head.

"I hate them."

Lydia's amber eyes flickered to his, and for a moment she looked annoyed. Then she saw the challenging glare in Malik's gaze. She calmed herself and took a calm sip of her drink. "I know you do. But you always draw attention with that hair of yours, Malik. Just once, I'd like to be able to sit through a meal in peace before having someone question you."

Malik sneered, his scarred features looking all the more feral. "Let them come. It would be more interesting than sitting here and waiting for you to eat." He finished off his ale faster than any human would have managed, and immediate motioned for more. As much as he hated social gatherings and taverns, he knew how they worked.

Lydia shook her head and thanked the woman who set a plate of warm bread and tender meat before her. "Please don't start any fights. I ... know some of these people." She pulled her cowl further over her features, again trying to look relaxed.

"Do you now, pup?" Malik's bronze eyes scanned over the other occupants thoughtfully as he lifted his second mug to his lips.

Last edited by Esmme; 05-22-2015 at 06:12 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-06-2015, 01:26 AM

Alister looked at the females that were in the area, trying to figure out who he was looking at before his eyes landed on his cousin. His nose wrinkled a little bit as he thought that Rufio was interested in. "Fio, tell me you are not interested in my cousin? Cause if you are I have to warn you that she is so not your type." he said to him as he ordered a meal along with the drinks that his companion had gotten them. He wasn't keeping his voice down, so he kind of figured that people would be able to listen in on this topic. "Hmm....yes it is rather peaceful...maybe it is because of the fact that this is neutral territory."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gaia didn't noticed the people that were around her or that they were moving about. In fact if there were a threat to her, she was not going to do anything about it. She took solace in the fact that no one was going to hurt her here since it was neutral ground and a place that even the king was rarely seen at. She sighed heavily, running a hand through her hair. When she felt the bump, she turned
her dull eyes towards Valen, giving him a smile, even though it was weak. "Hello....I hope you are doing well on this fine day." she said to him, trying to be cheerful, to make new friends, and to not bring anyone else down with her bad mood.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 PM

Rufio laughed at Alister. “You’re cousin? Heavens no, not that one. Though she doesn’t look too bad, but it’s not hard to see that she isn’t my type.” His eye moved to Alister’s cousin. Yup, definitely not my type. It seemed that even here in neutral territory he still refused to take off the eye patch he wore to conceal the fact that he had dual colored eyes. “Yes neutral territory, something that is hard to find nowadays.”

With a grin he jabbed Alister in the side with his elbow. “Why so curious about which of the women I was looking at? You know I never get serious with anyone.” Rufio took another drink of his ale. Even if his partner figure out which of the women he was talking about would it matter? They could be nothing more than enemies in the end. Looking around again he wondered who the dark stranger who sat with Lydia was. It wasn’t his concern though.

When the woman brought him his plate he thanked her and ordered more to drink for himself and one of the lady’s choice be brought to the petite woman with auburn hair. The order was whispered to keep Alister from hearing so he could continue his guessing game. “So tell me dear friend, how is that awful brother of yours? As dull and clueless as ever?”

--------------------

Still pouring over the papers and maps the shifter grumbled a bit more. She wasn’t verse in the ancient languages, at least not verse enough to decipher the complex writings before her. While Roshan grew more frustrated a tavern wench came over to her. “The young man over there has offered to buy you a drink Miss. What would you like?” As the woman spoke she pointed at Rufio. Glancing up Roshan’s azure eyes moved from the woman to where Rufio and Alister sat and quickly narrowed. It is him again. Why?

After a few moments of silence her gaze returned to the woman. “Well in that case bring me a bottle of your best whiskey and two glasses.” There was a Cheshire cat like smile on her ruby lips. Fine if he wanted to pay for her drink then she wasn’t going to go cheap. It would deserve him right. Once the woman left to get her order Roshan started to clean up the papers and maps. Once they were stacked together she shoved them into the leather messenger bag in the seat beside her. Cináed needed to hurry up.

It wasn’t long before the tavern wench returned and sat the bottle of whiskey along with two glasses on the table in front of her. “Thank you.” She said before dismissing the woman. Maybe a drink or two would help her to relax. The petite woman poured herself a shot and downed it quickly.

---------------------------

Hen Tai continued to bide his time over in corner reading. Every so often he would glance around to see who was doing what. He hoped that more people would come in soon so things wouldn't be so dull. So far everyone had somewhat split off into groups it seemed. "How boring."

Last edited by blueblackrose; 07-13-2015 at 03:35 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-15-2015, 02:11 AM

Alister did not find it funny at all, he was rather serious when it came to his cousin. In fact he was so serious when it came to Lydia that he continued to try and scare her away from the palace, away from elementals. He was trying to protect her for her own good even if she saw him as just as a carbon copy of his twin. Of course his partner's actions have not gone unnoticed. He of course was still trying to figure out who had gotten his interest.

"You never were one for a girl with book smarts." he said to him, purposely teasing him about his taste in women. His eyes then land on Gaia, she seemed more like Rufio's type even if she seemed depressed at the moment. "Hmmm....ah I know who has caught your eye now." he said with certainty, not sharing his next guess with his friend as he ate at the steak in front of him.

His eyes then wandered over towards Roshan, noticing the look that she was sending their way. He had to some how let her know that he was truly on her side. That he was the reason that Rufio has not caught up with her. He sighed heavily and sipped at his drink. "Hmm...true you never do, but for some reason I got the feeling that it is more serious then you think. Besides can't a friend be curious?" he said to him after he grunted a bit at the elbow to the side, nudging him back. The truth was he was old, and there was not a single person alive that would be with him. So you could really say that he was actually wanted to know who Rufio was interested in out of pure well slight jealousy.

He snorted and rolled his eyes before downing his drink once more, the topic of his brother always drove him to drink a bit more. "To be honest....my brother wouldn't know a snake if it bit him in the ass. His wife tends to try and seduce me when he is not around. Hen Tai over there....wants the harem still...personally I rather it be gone since it is nothing but a bunch of spoiled night walkers." he sighed as he motioned for a new glass so that he could finish his food. He even pointed the old man out when he mentioned him.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 09-21-2015, 04:13 AM

Rufio raised an eyebrow before chuckling lightly. It seemed Alister thought he knew him when it came to his type of woman. “You think so?” Book smarts wasn’t a total turn off, but he did tend to prefer women with questionable backgrounds. It made things easier in a way. Another chuckle came from the man. “Sure you do.”

The male glanced again at Roshan. It seemed she had taken his peace offering. He gave her a small smile and wink, not that it would do much good. It was easy to see that she had the wrong idea about him and his partner. There was something different about that one and her partner so he had other plans for them. He had no intention of letting the king have them, at least not at this time.

Rufio’s attention returned to Alister. “Don’t be silly. That’s not even possible. Me serious? I hate being tied down.” Again he playfully jabbed his friend with his elbow. “I guess a friend can be. Though I’m the one that is curious now since you seem so sure you know who has caught my eye.” There was more to it than that. He also wanted to know if any of the lovely ladies here had caught his eye as well. He knew it would be difficult for his friend to find someone since not many knew his secret, but he would like to see Alister be able to find someone and be happy.

Before taking another drink he shook his head before laughing. “That is good to hear. The queen does seem to be…an interesting one. Hen Tai will never change it seems as well. Though I must agree with the harem thing. It seems rather silly to have something like that in this day and age. One woman is more than enough for one man.” His eye had followed Alister’s motioning when he pointed the geezer out.

Hen Tai, now that was an interesting old coot. He was the embodiment of the word pervert and he didn’t try hard to hide it either. There were times though when he could be quite the sly old fox. Then again Alaric was rather dense when it came to certain things.