Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 PM

This came up earlier today in Jelly's "posting habits" thread in the Announcements and has been kind of bee floating around my mind for a while as well but I wasn't sure it would have any/much demand.

What are your thoughts?
What would you like to see?

Clearly I don't have control over the NPCs, so likely whatever comic does come up would require something like the development of... original... npcs...? In a way? Characters that aren't real people, at least. I'm not sure how do-able it is for someone who doesn't know exactly how each of the npcs would react (because come on... they have to appear in there somewhere!)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM

If you ever have questions about the NPCs feel free to ask. :3 I will inform you to the best of my ability. This also includes all history and world itself of Menewsha.

I'm working on improving the npc guide in the info desk to contain more information about our NPCs but it's a slow process and unfortunately I'm only one person. D:

I think drawing avis would actually have an interesting effect. This was a prompt back in Project Fandom, done by Ferra. :3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Warnings: None.
Pairing: None necessary.
Prompt: A story or piece of artwork using your favorite Menewsha item(s). If a story, how do these items "work" in the world of Menewsha? Do the Raven Headwings give you the power to fly? Does the confetti fall once, or is it a constant localized storm of confetti that follows you around?
We're welcome to create new characters as well.

Look at Birthday Cake Hat Girl
If you look at her activities, her entire goal on Menewsha is to get Abel and Nalin together. Or at the very least share a kiss.

There's alot to explore about Menewsha itself.
Have a webcomic that reflects past locations we have visited. Such as Cacoa and Duval for example.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 PM

AND photograph that kiss to blackmail them to do more stuff most likely... I wouldn't put her as all too innocent with those eyes...

Well if a user was running the comics... it would be a lot less effort for a staff member to say "can you make me a comic of this?" and explain the plot.

Haha that confetti would make a funny comic of someone fleeing from magical confetti

I would be all for a comic though as I was with the other one I've been wanting one ever since ^^ even if it was unofficial

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Haha that does sound like her.

Eh, but it's a fancomic. Staff has no input to the plot. The decision is solely up to the artist(s)/writer(s). It wouldn't have the official plotline/story in it. It could tie directly to the official storyline or their version of how a past event went down.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM

That's true. It would be a good show of how the site will react to a comic though :)
Possible valuable information for Menewsha if the idea of a comic comes up among the staff.

Though if you could get say a group of 3 or so responsible users with good art then it would probably be possible to make a "Volunteer" position of sorts. No special skills or anything, just that they would be "working for free". Would probably be similar to how menewsha picked mods or something, except with a simpler job.

I dunno I'm just brainstorming as usual though... I've never run a site or a business before.

I honestly think a page a month to a comic would sound rather doable with a volunteer or two.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-29-2013, 07:26 AM

... I was thinking more on the line of...
focus more on Fan representative 'stereotypes' characters and have NPC as guest appearance...

So, say official finally have comic, it won't clash so much.
Besides, having reading story from different perspective provides more variety?
Official focus on NPC.
Fan focus on exploring Menewsha.

Unless it is in a fancomic to the point of regardless of what NPC characters are, it is just fanwork.
I find that it could be confusing... *shruggs*

I represent my own interest that I do not really love NPC that much. I always like setting/background/place more than the people.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM

I really would love that, Seito:. An official library of Menewsha where we can find the history of the islands, information about the different cities and ports, directories of important locals and sites, all of it. Even if it looked like the FAQ forum with a different thread dedicated to each 'wing' of the library for a category I would enjoy it.
Of course, the interaction would be charming in at least one thread.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 AM

*ninjas* All I'm gonna say about your suggestion Jupiter is that it's already in the works.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 AM

you guys are finally going to update that old little bit of lore we've got? YAY!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 AM

Eh, it isn't going to be that much. Don't get your hopes up >>. When is always another factor.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Anything is better than nothing ^^

jupiter
inactive account

Old 05-01-2013, 07:53 AM

Call in some help. And it is in my opinion that quality should always be a priority over "anything".
Until then, I suppose I'll just have to read on the trains. //winks playfully

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 AM

I agree quality should have role. :3