1love1riku1
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to 1love1riku1 Send a message via MSN to 1love1riku1 Send a message via Yahoo to 1love1riku1

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Well I own 1,3,8, 10, 10-2, 12

1 on my wii NES thingie. 3 on my DS.

I wonder if I'm missing any?

Oh yeah, I own 7 as well.

Lukahz

Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 AM

I've beaten ff1 ff2 ff3 ff4 ff7 ff8 ff9 ff10, haven't played 11 my sister lost 102 before i could beat it, ff5 haven't played more then 20 min of that, ff6 I'm playing through on an emulator, and ff12, I just don't have a ps2 anymore, I'm about half way through that one. I'm pretty sure I've play all the side final fantasies too.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeRiTaS_CuRaT View Post
I'm a younger gen. I prefer FFX because of the story. That's the only reason. FFVII, as I said, was my first and actual favorite Final Fantasy.
Final Fantasy Seven is an awesome game in my book and I hope they remake it for the Play Station Three eventually. Too many rumors flying around and I always wondered why make a tech demo and cause rumors and speculation?

@Lady_Megami ~ I think Nine was great too, but the last part of the game play was a bit weak and non traditional and I didn't like their revelation twists with Zidane. Kuja was not a strong lead villain as he should have been. Final Fantasy One was more about the game play than the story, which is why it became a Nintendo cult classic. It embodies the traditional RPG game. I'm sure they could remake it and remold it into a better story or fill in gaps and holes, but I'm sure purist would be totally pissed and revolt causing a Final Fantasy Revolution (joking). They have remade the game at least twice so far, so it must be good.

@Sanny ~ Final Fantasy Tactics was a great game, different style but the story was so intriguing that I was always trying to hurry leveling up when each battle took at least a good ten minutes or more so I could see the next scene of the game. I had to play through the game again and see whether Ramza and Alma actually died or not because I was so confused about the ending. I kind of thought Delita got what he deserved, he let power and corruption go to his head in the end and the girl they called "Princess Ovelia" saw it in the end and turned on Delita. Kind of a tragic ending, almost Shakesperean.

@1love1riku1 ~ You should definitely play Four and Six, as they are among the top.

@Lukahz ~ I have played all of them but never finished ten or ten squared with Yuna as the main character. I just didn't like the grid system. I have played Eleven only once because I don't have broadband ready internet anymore and just can't justify spending the money to play online.

souldragon28

Old 11-08-2009, 12:14 AM

I really don't have a favorite Final Fantasy game i like them all especially X, X-2 and XII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukahz View Post
I've beaten ff1 ff2 ff3 ff4 ff7 ff8 ff9 ff10, haven't played 11 my sister lost 102 before i could beat it, ff5 haven't played more then 20 min of that, ff6 I'm playing through on an emulator, and ff12, I just don't have a ps2 anymore, I'm about half way through that one. I'm pretty sure I've play all the side final fantasies too.
I've played FFX, FFX-2, FFXII for ps2 n have FFII for my psp.

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 11-08-2009 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: double posted

Clarise
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 AM

I've played quite a few of the final fantasy games, but 12 is definately my favorite. The characters don't annoy me as much as some of the others (I absolutely hate Yuna), and the graphics make me happy. I actually like the new battle system better than the old one. It keeps me more engaged, and makes me use new/different strategies. I also like that I can avoid fights by walking far away enough, and I can change the screen angle (I can't get used to that when I switch back to the older games). Plus, the music doesn's annoy the hell out of me.

Sanny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 AM

Tactics had a pretty interesting storyline.I definitely preferred the way the jobs and abilities in this game were set up. Compared to the GBA and DS versions of Tactics.
But, mentioning the other two tactics games for the other systems.
Tactics Advanced was a nice story.Nice change, but, once again. Could use a little approvement, compared to the original tactics. I expected a better story line once A2 was released for DS..It disappointed me to find that the main story line was rather short, and that the game was mostly the side quests. It was nice to see other characters from the Ivalince Alliance collection.Thus, my thought on this one is...It didn't improve at all...

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanny View Post
Tactics had a pretty interesting storyline.I definitely preferred the way the jobs and abilities in this game were set up. Compared to the GBA and DS versions of Tactics.
But, mentioning the other two tactics games for the other systems.
Tactics Advanced was a nice story.Nice change, but, once again. Could use a little approvement, compared to the original tactics. I expected a better story line once A2 was released for DS..It disappointed me to find that the main story line was rather short, and that the game was mostly the side quests. It was nice to see other characters from the Ivalince Alliance collection.Thus, my thought on this one is...It didn't improve at all...
I kind of thought the DS spin offs of Final Fantasy Tactics were much dumb-downed and a few notches below what they had originally put out. It was for kids basically if that was their target audience, then it was ok. I played it for a couple hours and never played any more of it.

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Poisonous.Cyanide. View Post
Ah, the only FF based film I've seen has been the movie sequel to FFVII, called Advent Children. Apparently, a friend of mine and her family watched it, and only my friend had any idea what the hell was going on, lmao, because none of them have played the games, but my friend's listened to me talking my ass off about FFVII
Be grateful that's all you saw. The Spirits Within was a terrible movie!

As for my favorite game it would have to be Final Fantasy 9. It has the least whiny group of heroes and I positively love the old style art the game went back to for the character design. It does not however have my favorite character in it! Kefka from final fantasy 3(6) is by far my favorite character of any final fantasy game! Nowhere else in an FF game will you find a maniacal cretin like Kefka who is ALSO the comic relief of the story! =D

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkbackfat View Post
Be grateful that's all you saw. The Spirits Within was a terrible movie!

As for my favorite game it would have to be Final Fantasy 9. It has the least whiny group of heroes and I positively love the old style art the game went back to for the character design. It does not however have my favorite character in it! Kefka from final fantasy 3(6) is by far my favorite character of any final fantasy game! Nowhere else in an FF game will you find a maniacal cretin like Kefka who is ALSO the comic relief of the story! =D
I personally don't think Final Fantasy Spirits Within was such a terrible movie per say, but I do agree that the name Final Fantasy should have been removed and it should have been a movie done independently by Square Enix without the title. The only thing related I saw to the series was they had something they had a person in the movie named Cid as in most games they usually have someone named Cid. While the movie itself was good, as a Final Fantasy movie, it just had absolutely no ties to the series and was an insult to the Final Fantasy subculture.

You should try playing as Kefka in Dissidia.

Mitsunari
Never gonna take me down.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
I think it's funny how most of the older generation prefer Final Fantasy Seven and the new generation prefer Final Fantasy Ten. I like the story to ten but hate the leveling system as to me it is annoying as hell. I played Final Fantasy Twelve but still have not finished it yet. I kind of miss the old school style games. Final Fantasy Thirteen better pull a rabbit out of the hat or Square Enix could be in trouble. They have spent tons of money on that project so they better hope it doesn't flop. The whole idea of Final Fantasy Fourteen is just redundant in my opinion. I think they will definitely lose money over time.

Well speaking of final fantasy 13 the release of the last trailor is out, the final preview of the game before the japanese release. Click ~here~ It seems to be shaping up to be a nice game. I like the look of the monsters and the summons seem amazing. I perfer the games that are linked to summons so it should be good. The cast looks very blonde, but it is final fantasy lol. Nice song as well.

So Kole whats wrong with final fantasy 14? I have high hopes for that game, i am looking forward to 14 more than 13. They have had along time since they released 11 and that game is about to retire. My hopes are they take the good bits from 11, the job system that worked well imo for an MMO and then combine it with what they have seen work from other games like WoW and so on.

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 11-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Ok well my favorite of course has always been 7. Why? For it's time it was one of the (if not THE) most in-depth game out there. I can still get into the storyline and replay it even after all this time.

I also like 8 a lot.... even if most people give me grief about it!

12 is also another of my favorites for various reasons.

Impatient for 13 right now lol.

I personally did not care a great deal for 9, X or X-2 although they were decent games, just not my favorites. The earlier games were all decent as well, although I no longer have them or the systems they were on lol (I am old enough to have played most of them way back when though.... when they were still fairly recent.... yes I am an old lady! lol).

I also played FFXI online for quite a while.... from release until about a year or so ago and am thinking about going back when they new online version is released (forget the date now and too lazy to look it up but I think early-ish next year?).

Favorite chars..... Cloud I guess, although I did not get "into" him as much as some fans of the games. I love Vincent! Squall was also very cool. And newer-wise I like Basch... Of course my favorites have always been the Moogles! :)

I agree with the part about Spirits Within should never have had the Final Fantasy name. Just never seemed "right" to me.

Dyron
The Dynamic Heart
Send a message via AIM to Dyron Send a message via Yahoo to Dyron

Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM

Well my favorite is 6 (3 for US version). 6 just took the best of everything from the storyline to gameplay and made it better then anyone could ever hope. It had the most summons of any other final fantasy, which summons was the most epic thing about the series to me, and had event that would make you cry, laugh, to down right angry. It really pulled me into it and that more then I can say for any other 2D game. >.< I am mad that I don't have a DS so I can play the new one.

Now for favorite character it's hard to say. I will break this up in too parts though. For good guys my favorite was Cecil from 4, mainly because he was a dynamic character that was very unpredictable. Now for bad guys I have two, Sephiroth because he is the most badass swordsmen and Kefka (For those who don't know he is from my favorite Final Fantasy) because he is a crazy lunatic with so much power I think Sephiroth would say, "hey don't look at me, I'm not about to become his ass slave," if he had to face him. I mean he is the only person I know to single handedly raise a entire continent and pretty much reach god status. He would be the only badass if there was only one.

nette
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyRoo View Post
nette ~ Aw! I hated 9 when I first played it... but I kept trying and trying and sure enough I love it all the same. I am currently REplaying the game over on my husband's PSP... Modded all that jazz, and I just... I grow to love it even more. So I totally and completely understand where you are coming from.
Although I am not a huge fan of 7, I replay that one often. I can get lost in Golden Saucer... I love that place...
Yay :) I wanted to replay both of these games but when my brother came back home for Thanksgiving he took both games and his PS2 with him :/ Asking for them back isn't really an option because he lives in Japan now. grrr I guess I'll have to wait even longer now. Oh will I have FF 1 and 2 finish and play on my other younger bros PS2. Just isn't the same though *cries*

MizumiO
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to MizumiO

Old 12-26-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
So who here on Menewsha likes the FF games?
Me, obviously.

Quote:
Which is your favourite?
XII

Quote:
Why?
I like how new it is compared to VII and X. Even it's sequel isn't so bad.(if it counts as a sequel)

Quote:
Favourite character,
Currently Balthier.

Quote:
and why?
Why not?

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 12-26-2009 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Adding Quote Tabs

NightshadeNox
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to NightshadeNox Send a message via MSN to NightshadeNox Send a message via Yahoo to NightshadeNox

Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 PM

I was wondering which final fantasy games are your favorite? I know that most of us have more than one that we like. I love Final Fantasy 7,8 and 10 but I am trying to play the older ones that I haven't played. Currently playing Final Fantasy 4 on the PS.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM

Merging this with the other FF thread :)