View Poll Results: Will you be buying Pokemon X or Y?
Yes. Tell me why below. 21 91.30%
No. Tell me why below. 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 AM

Hey, you're further ahead than I am then. I'm only up to the 8th gym.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-20-2013, 01:48 AM

I think the longest break I took was before the eighth gym. Good and bad thing about portable games is you can play them for hours at a time.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 AM

Haha, You took a break at the opposite end of the game I did. I spent ages training between the first and second Gyms.
It is great. Pokemon is one of the best games to play on a handheld as well.

Did you get the event torchic?

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-20-2013, 09:06 AM

I do have the Torchic but it ended up going in the box after a while because I'd chosen Fennekin as my starter and didn't really need another fire type.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 PM

@Sleepy - Not a problem, and you can send me whatever. I'm not currently needing anything in particular. Perhaps when I start breeding random stuff I may need someone's help with something.

Right now I'm still farming dittos, and working on EV training and leveling this togepi my husband bred. Haven't beat the elite four.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 AM

My plan is nearly complete! I have 5 of the 6 starters!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-21-2013, 03:40 PM

Ohhh Sleepy! You'll have to hook me up. I need to get a set of starters. Which are you missing? My hubby and I may have one and we could breed you one if needed. I'll need to compare what we have and are missing and see if we can't swap some out! :3 If you wouldn't mind that is...

Also I still have the ditto with your name on it.

I could also use a shiny stone. I'm going to check at Skiddo Farm tonight as apparently you can find one with your dowser. The other option is the Pokemon Training app...but it's a really high training round and I may have to have hubby do it for me if I go that route. I need it to evolve my togetic. T_T

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM

Is there not a shop that sells the stones in Lumiose City? I don't think I ever went in it so they may be prohibitively expensive. There must be a free one floating about somewhere because I used it for my Roserade.

Threw a few Pokemon into Wonder Trade and got about the same quality of Pokemon out. Mostly from Canada for some reason.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Haha, Sure thing, Izumi. Only one I'm missing is Chespin, I already have Fennekin, Froakie, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-21-2013, 09:48 PM

We have Chespin for sure. We could use a Fennekin I believe. When are you currently around for trading?

I think we have the rest...we may be missing a squirtle though as I think my husband took a Charmander as he wants Charmander X in a baaaad way. I'll need to double check.

I'm assuming the other starters have to be imported in?

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 AM

Annoyingly, probably not until my saturday, at least. Between work and sleep, I can't get online too much when you're online.

I'm getting a Chespin egg tonight off a friend, so I should be fine with that. Is there anything in particular you want for fennekin? I've got about 6 of him so far.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Other than maybe a modest one if you had it, but if you don't it's not a big deal either way as I have the modest ditto and can breed more modest pokemon off it. Not only that but when you do them in batches you can check their IVs. My husband is still trying to train me how to do that part of it as I usually let him do the breeding part and I would take something from his 'reject' pile as he was very specific.

Lately he's been trying to push me to breed my own....I'm like why is it such a big deal if I take something you are going to throw out anyways? Apparently he's mad because I reap benefit from the extra exp for it being a trade, and he feels like I only put a fraction of the work in to get awesome pokemon. Talk about awkward when you're arguing over Pokemon.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing with regards to Pokemon breeding.

Just got a Charmander over Wonder Trade so Bulbasaur is the only starter I'm missing now.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2013, 05:29 PM

Whoa, nice wonder trade! I seem to just get duds. I wonder how much of it has to do with the Pokemon I'm offering up in trade.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 PM

@Kat - Well if you have questions, feel free to ask. I will try to help you as best I can, point you to good articles...and if nothing else my husband is even more well versed on it than I am.

First off...is there a pokemon that you've been interested in trying your hand at breeding with? We could use it as an example. :3 I can link you to Serebii's pokedex, show you actual examples. It may make more sense that way if I try to talk you through what you'd want to do?

It's possible to still make a decent pokemon, even without trying to plan it out...but you'd be surprised how much more lethal you can make a pokemon if you plan your stats out right.

---------- Post added 10-23-2013 at 01:35 PM ----------

@Belly - I just have been offering dittos non stop...I must of sent 30 of them out in wondertrade. I get anything from a crappy very beginning of the game pokemon like bidoof to Kabutops, Deimo, Eevees...It really is random. I appreciate the people who throw out semi useful stuff.

I'm also hoping I'm giving some smiles by giving out dittos. For starters you can breed them with almost any pokemon and they will give a baby of the other pokemon. You cannot breed two dittos, therefore hatching a ditto out of an egg is impossible, and genderless pokemon (particularly lendaries...) are typically unable to breed as well. (I say typically, as there may be an exception...I can't think of one.)

Also baby evolutions like Pichuu cannot breed -- you would have to evolve it to a Pikachu first. There's a handful of 'baby' evolutions that are like this....Mime Jr, Marrils baby (can't think of the name off my head atm)....to name a few.

---------- Post added 10-23-2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

Edit - Oh and yes I did find my Shiny Stone so now I have a Togekiss! ^__^ One of my favorite pokemon.

Last edited by Izumi; 10-23-2013 at 05:35 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Izumi: I don't really have anything specific in mind. Thinking about trying the Masuda method out since I have some international Pokemon now.

I find Wonder Trade really addictive. Decided to try one more trade before turning 3DS off just now and got my Bulbasaur.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Damn, I need to be trading more! You've both renewed my hope that I'll get something neat if I keep trying.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 AM

Ohhh the "Masuda Method"? I may need to take a look at more info on that. I'm curious.

Wonder trade is super addicting....I like it more than the Global Trade. I think partially because I'm lazy and right now I don't have anything I'm really dying to have. That and I like the feeling that someone could really be happy to get a ditto. They're very late in the game, and like I said they're a must for doing breeding. You can breed using other combinations, don't get me wrong...but dittos make it easier.

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 10-24-2013, 04:53 AM

I have Pokemon Y - and it's been great, for keeping me occupied while I'm travelling about etc @o@;;

BUT HOMG! I just did the stupidest thing EVAAAAR!
I gave my freaking Togepi the amulet coin....... and then used bestow (haven't owned a Togepi before)
and I've lost my amulet coin ;______; I'm absolutely devastated, because it's helped me get a bundle of $$
so I can breed, breed, breed...

I'm only up to the third gym, but I'm focussing on the day care at the moment
I've bred a fairy move into my Eevee couple, so I'm levelling Eevees up and evolving them into Sylveon
Going to dump them all into the wonder trade eventually
I'm also breeding Froakies, Bulbasaurs, Charmanders, Igglybuffs, Amauras, Tyrunts, Squirtles
and eventually Togepis when I manage to get Togetic

I'm just soooo gutted about my Amulet coin *dies* ;________;

I love Wonder Trade though, got a Togepi, and Ditto in my first bunch of trades
So decided to breed up a whole bunch of starters to return the favour

Edit --

Welp, thankfully I caught the Flabebe which I stupidly threw my amulet coin at, AND I HAVE IT BACK!!!! I'm so stupidly relieved, but man... I'll never go near that bestow move again lol.

Edit --

Ohh me, ohh my Izumi you wouldn't happen to have another ditto you'd be happy to throw at me?? I don't have anything super pretty to trade back for it though :(

Last edited by Nivvy; 10-24-2013 at 05:48 AM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM

Masuda method - Bulbapedia
I've never had a shiny Pokemon before, so anything that narrows the odds.

I used Sylveon quite a lot so I might try and get more Eeveelutions now. Spent an evening grinding Pokemon-Amie and am possibly sick of the site of Poke Puffs.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM

I can get a Shiny Wingull, if anyone wants it.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2013, 04:16 PM

I got a baby Chespin from Wonder Trade last night!

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-24-2013, 04:45 PM

Yay!

I traded Haunters with someone over GTS. My first Gengar.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivvy View Post
I'm only up to the third gym, but I'm focussing on the day care at the moment
I've bred a fairy move into m
Ohh me, ohh my Izumi you wouldn't happen to have another ditto you'd be happy to throw at me?? I don't have anything super pretty to trade back for it though :(
Oh jeez...I have a whole box full of the things! You're more than welcome to have a couple. I don't really request anything special, either, and in fact been dumping my 'rejects' in wonder trade. (I'm questing for an Adamant ditto btw for breeding purposes)

Was there a particular nature you had in mind? I don't have any extra Modest, and like I said I'm looking for an adamant...any of the other many natures I can keep a look out for you. :D

And that really sucks about the amulet coin. I'm crying for you. I wonder if there's a way to get a second one? I know they're usually super rare, but it might be worth a search on google to see?

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Anarchy View Post
I can get a Shiny Wingull, if anyone wants it.
Cute <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
I got a baby Chespin from Wonder Trade last night!
Congrats! Homg, Wonder Trade is awesome ^^!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
Yay!

I traded Haunters with someone over GTS. My first Gengar.
Yayyyy! Gengar is absolutely my fav <3 I got my first Gengar last night too ^^! Somebody wanted a Sylveon for a Haunter ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post
Oh jeez...I have a whole box full of the things! You're more than welcome to have a couple. I don't really request anything special, either, and in fact been dumping my 'rejects' in wonder trade. (I'm questing for an Adamant ditto btw for breeding purposes)

Was there a particular nature you had in mind? I don't have any extra Modest, and like I said I'm looking for an adamant...any of the other many natures I can keep a look out for you. :D

And that really sucks about the amulet coin. I'm crying for you. I wonder if there's a way to get a second one? I know they're usually super rare, but it might be worth a search on google to see?
I got super duper lucky with the amulet coin, and captured the wild pokemon I used bestow on, and I was able to recover it @o@;; That was soooo lucky lol. I ended up making sure Togepi didn't hold any items after that haha.

Hmmmm, you wouldn't happen to have a brave, or lonely Ditto? I'll def let you know if I come across an Adamant Ditto ^^. I'm not expecting to, but you never know =)

Hooray! Finally got this Togepi evolved, so helllllo baby Togis ^^ <3 Gonna unleash a bunch of them into the Wonder Trade tonight, if I get the time between art commissions @o@;;

Edit - Are we allowed to post friend codes here??