View Poll Results: What's your favorite Silent Hill platform?
PS1 3 15.00%
PS2 16 80.00%
PSP 0 0%
WII 0 0%
XBox 360 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 PM

There might be possible spoilers involved in discussion.

Silent Hill is a very lovely psychological thriller in the survival-horror genre. It has creeped me out like no other game has done before. The graphics are great, the sounds are chilling, and the music makes me wanna cry like a little girl.

There are four chapters in the Silent Hill series and more on the way, including ones for the arcade and PSP.

My questions are:
Have you ever played Silent Hill?
If you have, which one was your favourite?
What moment scared you out of your seat?

Phareas
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 06-23-2007, 01:49 AM

I've played the first Silent Hill game and never managed to get all the way through it. Games like that tend to make me too scared to play them DX

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-23-2007, 02:00 AM

@Phareas-Yea, I get creeped out really easily by those video games but I still go crazy over them. I love Silent Hill 2 but I can't play Silent Hill 3 without getting very, very sick.

kin no megami
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 06-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Have you ever played Silent Hill? Briefly...:shock:
If you have, which one was your favourite? Only played the very first one for PlayStation Two.
What moment scared you out of your seat? Really didn't get that far...a friend and I were playing it at 1am in the dark of the dorm room and we were too freaked out just by the music and wandering aroung the town that we really only just got inside of the complex thingy (I think) before we gave up and spent the next few hours with the lights on... :shock:

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 AM

@megami-You're talking about Silent Hill 2! That's the least freaky of the game series, in my opinion. The music and static in just the right moments will cause you to jump right out of your seats.

If you ever feel like playing again, beware Silent Hill 3. It's beyond freaky!

tragichare

Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 PM

i love the silent hill series.
SH2 is probably my favorite, if only for pyramid head.

SH3 is so friggen creepy-
roger the rabbit or whatever? NIGHTMARE INDUCING.
and those hell dog things.
spooky stuff.

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 PM

@tragichare- I love Silent Hill 2! It was the first game in the series that I picked up and seriously played. It's storyline is marvelous and it's not quite as scary as the third installment.

Ah! You mean Robbie the Rabbit, the Lakeside Amusement Park mascot. He is a creepy looking li'l bunny. Oh, the Doublehead doggies are freaky!

Deniece
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to Deniece

Old 06-25-2007, 01:02 AM

I love Silent Hill! I've only played the first one, but didn't finish the whole game. My friend and I were playing it and the freaky nurses in the hospital would freak us out.

I started on Silent Hill 2 but only played for a few minutes before I had to quit, and never picked it back up. Now I can't play it anymore, because my son got rid of his PS2 and bought an XBox.

Have you played Silent Hill 4? I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never saw enough to find out if it was really good or not.

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-25-2007, 01:11 AM

@Deniece-Yea, I've just about beat the first Silent Hill but it's been a while since I've last picked it up.
Silent Hill 2 is, in my opinion the best in the series.

Silent Hill 4 isn't all that great. There's not much plot development and the characters are very shallow as well. Unless you're a person that goes for graphics over anything else, then it's not bad, but I wouldn't consider that the best Silent Hill by any means.

Buckwheat Noodles
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Buckwheat Noodles

Old 06-29-2007, 04:14 AM

Eh, I'm not very into scary things for games, so... technically, I haven't "played" any of them. Mostly I just sit and watch my friends play the games, and I tend to point out the creepy things that wander up behind them. xD

That said, my favorite game I've "watched" was Silent Hill 2, though to be fair that's the one I know the most about, so... I may well change my opinion once I've "watched" some more of the other games.

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-29-2007, 04:31 PM

@Buckwheat-I've got a friend just like you. She won't dare pick up a controller but she loves to watch scary video games. Silent Hill 2 is my personal favourite.

Nariza
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Nariza

Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 PM

I love love love LOVE Silent Hill. Seriously. I can and will talk about it for hours.

Silent Hill 2 was definitely my favorite of the series, and I identify with Maria in a really strange way. That game is the best in the series, in my opinion.

I have Silent Hill 1 and 4, although since my xBox broke, I haven't had the chance to finish up 4 and replay 2...

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM

I have played Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 3. I haven't finished #1 but I have finished #3. I've played the Demo of Silent Hill 2.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2007, 04:01 PM

i'm horrible at playing games like that. so i got my brother to play it for me and it was like watching a horror film. totally creepy and absolutley awesome all at once!

Last edited by Vicktoria Valentine; 12-29-2010 at 03:44 AM..

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 PM

@Nariza-I'm the exact same way about Silent Hill. It's a truly fabulous game and I will talk a person's head off about it if they listen.
You relate with Maria? I can't say I relate with any Silent Hill characters, although I swear my brother is James' long lost son.

@Kasumi-So you've played a lot of the games. Silent Hill 3 has left me scarred for life. XD

@Sassandra-Silent Hill reminds me a lot of a soap opera, too. I was the one that started the games and then got my brother hooked!

Naiyo
*^_^*

Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Silent hill 2 is the only one I have played all the way through (multiple times). I played some of 3 and it was ok, but 2 is probably my fave.
I finally managed to snag another copy of it (lost the previous to friend :'c)
but even if the graphics are behind I can still play it over and over.
I'm not good at it mind you, I can only play it on beginner and easy (T_T;; )
but ya.
the movie was a bit disappointing.
I'm excited for the PSP game, will be stealing boyfriends PSP for xx time.
and I'm gunna try and find the arcade game when I'm in Japan. :]

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 PM

It's like some kind of bizzarre twist between a soap opera and one of those creepy crime detective shows. i guess that's why it was so thrilling for me. the only problem with my method of seeing the game is that i had to wait for my brother to be in the proper mood for it. how sad is that that i have to wait for my brother? and now he's moved out so i have no way of seeing it at all since i don't own the game. i'd get it myself but i can't afford it. plus i stink at it and would totally get my butt kicked in like five seconds.

Naiyo
*^_^*

Old 07-11-2007, 09:46 PM

the games can be challenging.

I just remembered a funny story my friend told me a bit back.
My friend used to work at game stop in the mall, and he and his co workers (and friends) were complete losers. It was shortly after the silent hill 3 release and they had both played it and beaten it very quickly. It was around easter and the mall had set up the "take your picture with the easter bunny" stand in front of the game store. There were a few of the "easter bunnies helpers" dressed in pink rabbit suits. They were freaked out by them but gave the rabbits little attention and went on with their day. I guess inside the suits were 2 18-20 year old girls who found my friend and the other workers at the store rather attractive and wanted to stop in and say hi, but couldn't leave the stand until 9 when the mall closed. My friend was closing the store and had the gate half down and was stocking and talking to a few of the other guys for a few minutes when the 2 bunny girls decided to come in and grab the boys in a large bear hug from behind, causing all of the boys to scream and almost harm one of the girls. (one of the workers was a black belt in judo I believe).
so anyway, make me laugh. xD thought I would share.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 07-14-2007, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite
@Nariza-I'm the exact same way about Silent Hill. It's a truly fabulous game and I will talk a person's head off about it if they listen.
You relate with Maria? I can't say I relate with any Silent Hill characters, although I swear my brother is James' long lost son.

@Kasumi-So you've played a lot of the games. Silent Hill 3 has left me scarred for life. XD

@Sassandra-Silent Hill reminds me a lot of a soap opera, too. I was the one that started the games and then got my brother hooked!
Yep. I also played RE1,RE2,RE3,RECV,and half of RE4. SH3 had me thinking there are more victims of the botched ritual out there. So what do you think of the Fatal Frame series?

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-25-2007, 01:27 AM

Oh man I was just playing Silent Hill 2 with my cousin yesterday (Digital Kakashi sent it to me for Christmas ^^) at her house, and we just beat up the Hangers and Pyramid Head freaking pushed us over the roof and when we got back in, Brookhaven Hospital turned into freaking Nightmare Hospital.

It confused me how Laura can't see anything but then Digital Kakashi explained what's up with the story to me and so I have a slightlyyyyyy better understanding. However I NEVER play the game by myself and I only do it if I'm at my cousin Baneena's house coz we're both scared.

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 AM

I love the silent Hill franchise XD I, like many, like 2 best for the lovely addition of Pyramid Head <33

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 PM

You know... I saw the movie at a friends house not to long ago and it really made me want to play the game. I haven't gotten around to it yet though.

Is it good/scary?

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 PM

The movie was interesting and fun xD The game was terrifying. especially if you're afraid of white noise, which the majority of my family is ><;

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 AM

Okay, so I went to Digital Kakashi's last month and we finished my file of Silent Hill 2, and even played Silent Hill 3 and finished that in a couple of days (yeah, pretty fast). On my first night at her house though, we watched the movie straightaway. Me being me, I got scared easily, but it wasn't that great to me (frankly because I'm not overly familiar with Silent Hill even though it's awesome) and the ending was very...anticlimactic?

Oh by the way, DK and I also have a favorite Silent Hill video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1mhbH7CgZs

It's pretty damn funny -- but I won't post the title here because it may be inappropriate for the site, eheh.

A Spoonful of Agent
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to A Spoonful of Agent Send a message via MSN to A Spoonful of Agent

Old 09-14-2007, 12:42 AM

I have Silent Hill 2, but I can't play it because of stupid Maria. :x

Whenever I get to the park to meet with her and enter the area that initiates the cutscene, my game freezes up completely. I've tried to fix it multiple times, but to no avail. :<