~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 AM

Gemini sighed. That was her brother, honest to a fault. She pulled her pack over her shoulder. It was where she kept her sketchpad and pencil, but it was big enough to hold a few things. But he was gone already, upstairs to look for a bag. "Oh, Kai. What do you think, kitty? Should we just leave all this stuff here?" She asked the cat.Suddenly, she stiffened. What was that? A noise, from outside. Biting her lip, Gemini placed the cat in her bag so that it would be safe. "Hush now. Stay still, okay?" She told it, and went quietly to the door where they had come in. She opened it and looked out, reaching for her knife just in case. Was that a person? With a blade? What were they doing?

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-16-2013, 12:23 AM

MockingBird whistled a happy jinggle as he walked along, looking up at the sky as he swung his arms playfully. He paused a moment, spinning. He looked around a bit at the homes around him. He paused at the sight of a door that looked a bit adjar. "Oooo....someone inside?" he tilted his head for a moment as he looked at the door for a moment, then noticed a bit of movement in one of the upstair windows. His smile grew greatly, as he clapped his hands together. "Ah! What fun, we found some friends" he laughed, stepping closer to the home. There was no need to say we, though he did not really notice the little mishap himself. Perhaps he was talking about the odd voices within his head that sometimes kept him company, or the blade within his hand. He was not afraid of whatever laid within, he would face it head on as always. He moved with a slight bounce and skip in his step.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:38 AM

Gemini opened the door carefully, and was surprised to see that the person outside was almost at the door. She pulled up short, holding her knife and staring at the person. "Who...are you?" She asked warily. She thought this person looked male, and wondered if she had made a mistake coming to investigate. She hoped her brother came down soon. "And who were you talking to? Not the mice, they're mean around here. The birds, maybe? A crow told me something funny the other day. Or was it this morning? Well, it was funny." She said. Only a small part of her mind realized how strange she sounded, but it didn't matter for the moment.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-17-2013, 08:21 PM

MockingBird paused a little, the door opening and a girl with a knife came out. He tilted his head a bit, looking at her as she spoke of the mice and the birds. He shakes his head a bit and gave a hop over to her so they were face to face. "Not the mice or the birds, merely me and my little friends" he laughed, before spinning around her, and moving into the home. He was not afraid at all, though he never really was. He glanced around as he hummed a little. "Little poppets within the house, what to do what to do...perhaps I should ask you?" he leaned down so he was nose to nose with a large decorative dog statue by the fire place. He poked it between the eyes, before the noise upstairs caught his attention. He turned to the stairs. "Ah! A poppet upstairs" he giggled, before flopping onto the couch. His feet were bare at the moment, the bottoms of them had become dirty from walking though he did not notice or seem to care. He slid so he laid across the couch, looking up at the cieling. Pointing his knife at the cieling, he closed an eye. "Hmm...why are they here? What is here? Maybe the little puppies could not get them no...no no..." he laughed

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 AM

Gemini backed off as the unknown male twirled into the house. It wasn't her house, so she couldn't really refuse him entry- especially while he was wielding a knife- but she thought her brother would probably be angry that she hadn't been more careful. "That doggy won't say anything interesting. He has a heart of stone." She giggled at her joke, which didn't really make sense, but she thought it was funny. "Upstairs is my brother, sweet as any other. We're twins, you see, close as can be~" She sang, making up rhymes as she went. "The doggies couldn't get us because we are a team, and they were sick anyway. They had big teeth! But no doggy will bite me, or my brother, because we are super heroes! Well, I am a super hero. Wanna see my drawings?!" She asked, suddenly remembering her sketchpad.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-18-2013, 08:23 PM

His eyes slid from the cieling over to the female to look at him a bit. He sat up with a suddenly intense look, looking at her. "You!......are crazy" he bursted out in laughter, turning his body a bit and slipping off onto the floor . He laid back, his legs from the knee down still on the couch. He looked up at the female as he did, his eyes were red, his hair had a light silvery blue tone to it. Looking up at her he tilted his head. "Why are all the crazies going away I wonder....I am crazy....though..." he held up a hand to the cieling, looking at it now. "I am still here....rawr!" he lowered his hand over one of his eyes as he laughed again, though slowly quieted down. His eyes closed he did not move. His smile had turned into a frown as he laid there in silence.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 AM

Gemini scrunched up her nose. "I am not crazy. Well, okay, I am, but only sometimes. Crazy isn't so bad, anyway. You're kinda crazy." She pointed out, watching him laugh at her. She retrieved her sketchbook and opened it, going to stand over him. The colors of his hair and face intrigued her, so she started to draw him. It was the first time since she'd become sick that she had drawn another living person besides her brother. "You're still here...? Does that mean you have been sick for a long time? All the others go to sleep before long. They sleep so peaceful, sometimes I want to sleep like that. But I'm not ready for that sleep yet." She said, finishing her drawing.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-22-2013, 05:57 PM

He looked up at her, staring at her for a few moments. “I have been around for a loooooooooooooooooong time” he said, looking over at the stairs a bit. He wiggled his feet a bit on the couch, before turning over and getting up. “Upstairs!” he said randomly, moving to it, before her moving bag caught his eye. He moved to it, poking the side. A meow answered him, from the hidden cat within. The bag resulted in continuing to squirm. He tilted his head, “why is your bag possessed?” he asked. “It meows and moves” he laughed, finding it funny. Twirling once, he poked the bag again as he placed the tip of his knife to his lips. “Should we stab it?” he asks.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:50 AM

Gemini frowned. "Possessed...? Oh!" She realized what was going on and took the cat out of her bag. "It's just kitty here. I put him in there to keep him safe in case there was anything mean around. Say hello, kitty~" She sang, holding the cat gently. Apparently she no longer believed it to be a treat, even in her slightly maddened state. Glancing up at the stairs, Gemini wondered what was taking her brother so long. "Kai! Can you come down please, there's a person here!" She called, hoping he wouldn't be too mad at her for letting the person in.

Last edited by ~Wild Spirit Wolf~; 08-25-2013 at 04:58 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 PM

MockingBird looked over the cat as it squirmed in the girl’s hands. It meowed a bit, and he kept the blade to his lips, in an almost thoughtful way. He wondered who this girl was, who this other person who was upstairs was. Turning to the stairs, he smiled and did a twirl over to the base step. Looking up at the level above, he tilted his head to the side. “Who, who, who” he hummed, before hopping his way up them two at a time. The level upstairs was quiet at the moment, an eerie kind of quiet, though it did not seem to bother him much at all to be in it, or to not know what was around them. He smiles, turning to the side to look down towards the room where they had found the cat. He looked the other way, seeing some other doors as well. Where to start? He glanced back over his shoulder a bit at the girl, before going off to one of the rooms.

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 08-24-2013, 01:30 AM

Screaming echoed throughout the dingy apartment, somehow seeming to vibrate more against the cracking walls and wrinkled papers scattered across the ground. Andorra grunted through her gritted teeth, her jaw straining as much as her skinny arms did as she held down her younger sister, who was snapping, literally snapping at her, on the ratty stained Lazy-Boy she sat upon. Moments before she seemed fine, playing with two dirty dolls when suddenly her tiny fingers had wrapped around the head of one, ripping it straight off and hurling it across the room at Andorra, who had been studying maps in the opposite corner. Andorra had turned quickly, the reddish brown hairs on the back of her neck standing up, and had darted across the room a millisecond before her sister, her eight year old sister, had tried to fling herself on top of Andorra.

"Sh, sh," Andorra hushed her the child as she growled. "You're going to be alright, April," she whispered, waiting for the violent fit to pass. Recently her sister's impulses, particularly violent, had gotten worse, in addition to hallucinations Andorra could barely even fathom. Well, she thought sarcastically, that wasn't true. She had witnessed other kids, even adults, going through the same thing, one after another. She just had been lucky enough to be immune to it.

Thirty minutes later, Andorra had strapped her sister to a tiny cot in the only bedroom in the apartment and made her way into the usually empty city. April had been asleep by then, she usually slept after her hallucinations or fits, they seemed to literally drain her, but Andorra had to be sure April wouldn't go into another one and try to hurt herself when she woke up. Usually leaving an eight year old home alone was a little risky, would make people question the guardian's responsibility, and that was probably intensified in a somewhat post apocalyptic world ridden with crime and disease, but Andorra didn't have a choice. She had taken all the precautions she could, locking all six locks on the door, covering it with old wooden boards so it gave the illusion of being abandoned, and leaving her sister a small emergency cell phone under her pillow. The apartment in the old downtown complex, which was probably the worst in the city, didn't have many visitors anyhow; even the scavengers stayed away.

The second her cell phone began to ring, Andorra's heart skipped a beat. Every time it so much as beeped, her sister ran through her mind. What if she had woken up and someone broke into the apartment? What if she had hurt herself? Andorra flipped open the small phone, thankfully technology was still relevant enough, and breathed a sigh of relief when "SB" flashed across the screen.

"Hi Steffy," she murmured quietly, pulling the hat of her hoodie over her head, slips of chestnut colored hair spilling out and framing her face. Her vanilla-caramel eyes scanned the empty street, looking for anything: a person, an animal, a tumbleweed, any sign of movement.

"I thought we agreed no names over the phone, Andy," the gruff voice grumbled back. Andorra laughed, which was more of a slight rolling puff of air, she hadn't really laughed in years, and quickly quieted, glancing over her shoulder just in case.

"She's getting worse. I'm getting food and some security systems today," she informed him, shoving her free hand into the pocket of her zip up sweater and running her finger tips over the handle of the small gun resting against her stomach. The hoodie was just big enough to mask how small her frame really was and to hide the weapons she usually carried with her, most often being a small gun or knife in her pocket, a pistol tucked in the back of her jeans against the small of her back, and daggers in her boots.

"I want to be there, who's it from" instantly Stefan had made a decision and though Andorra wanted to protest it, she knew it was futile. Stefan was over protective and stubborn until the end, but at least he had the muscles and smarts to back it up.

"You have to stay hidden, it's supposed to be just me and the guy," Andorra agreed, evading part of his question. If she were lucky, Stefan could sneak some medicine from his lab too, either for her or the pick up guy. It wasn't that she was using him, he brought it despite her telling him not to, but a part of her was very thankful, though she'd never say so. She was a prideful girl and Stefan knew that better than anyone, even better than her parents had.

The two said their goodbyes, though they refused to actually say the word "goodbye", it was an agreed pact not to, and Andorra slid the phone, which was smaller than her palm, into the free pocket of her sweater after checking the time. She had roughly an hour and a half to retrieve her money from a ravaged coffee shop in what once was the better part of downtown and return to her complex to meet this mystery man for what she needed. As long as nothing crossed her path, it was smooth sailing.

Stefan clicked the end button on his cell phone and did a quick scope of his lab room to make sure no meddling scientist had entered. Though he was the actual lead researcher in developing a replica of the immunity gene, every scientist experiences corruption, and the blond haired male was no exception.

Andorra and Stefan had met four years prior, just a year after the Breach had broken out. Andorra was only thirteen but even then she was a firecracker, and though Stefan was three years older, he was enticed by her. He had been on the path his father had wanted him to follow through with: military bred and military trained. He was supposed to inherit control of his father's wing, particularly sedition of riot groups and the extinction of the infected. But at a raid on a downtown complex rumored to be home to at least a hundred immune to the Breach, Andorra trapped Stefan in a secret cupboard and kept him for three days after her parents and the refugees were murdered. Somehow a friendship had blossomed and Stefan had what he assumed to be a moral breakthrough of where he was heading.

"Mr. Black," with the sound of a sliding door, a voice broke Stefan's train of thought. He showed no sign of his surprise, he rarely showed signs of much emotion, a bad habit he couldn't quite crack, and simply turned in his swivel chair. One of the lower ranking scientists, who he assumed to be in a lesser importance wing, stared meekly at him through wire glasses, nearly shaking in his leather shoes.

"May I help you," he barked out. Stefan was good at intimidation, though Andorra constantly mocked him, and he used it to his advantage. For a moment he believed the other man was going to bolt, but he visually gulped and took a step towards Stefan, a tray held in his hands.

"I brought the new treatment medicine you requested," he explained as he set the tray beside Stefan on the corner of his desk. The gray steel tray contained three vials, each filled nearly to the top with a dark blue, thick liquid. The public knew of no actual treatments to the Breach, and technically there weren't, but there were what the researchers referred to as relief aids. Stefan often requested to test the new ones in comparison to his gene research, but 2/3 usually went to Andorra. He knew how bad April needed it and she had become like a younger sister to him too, so he ignored Andorra's protests of "you don't have to do that" and did it anyways. He wasn't the biggest advocate of the government he was working for anyhow.

Stefan nodded his thanks, green eyes flitting back to his computer, focusing on the digital clock. As the minute changed he flung off his white lab coat, letting it fall to the floor where it would remain until his return, and slipped the vials into the leather jacket he tugged on in place of his lab attire. Checking to make sure his phone was in pocket, he began to make his way out of the government building and to Andorra's secret apartment.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-25-2013, 05:05 AM

Gemini bit her lip as the boy went towards the stairs. Where was Kai, and why hadn't he answered her? What would happen if Kai saw this boy with a knife and tried to shoot him? She wasn't sure why, but Gemini had an idea that they wanted the newcomer alive. So, still holding the cat, Gemini followed the boy up the stairs. He turned and looked at her, and she hurried to catch up to him. "Kitty, will you go find Kai and tell him we're coming?" She asked, setting the cat down gently on the floor.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 PM

He did not understand really what was going to happen once he found the other who was hiding up the stairs, nor was his mind really on it at the moment. He was exploring, looking through the rooms at the pictures and different odds and ends the people had around the place. It made him wonder a bit who lived here, what were they like. Tilting his head, he moved into the room of a little boy. Running his fingertips along the head of a dinasaour toy, he glanced around. People were odd. He wondered if he wasodd, tilting his head, he moved to the window to look out. Millitary vehicles were moving down the street. He smiled a bit, had they come to play? He looks back at the door, towards where the other people were. If the cars stopped, here would not be safe. With the weapons and tech they had, it was little surprise when the cars slowed to a stop. "Playtime" he laughed.

Lestat managed to slip away from the group, under pretenses he would be checking in with the doctors back at base. That was not the case though, he had to meet up with Yuki. He had a bad feeling about this. Yuki could be so bold and rash, acting without thinking. Being one of the most wanted people now on earth was not a good thing to have over your head. On top of it, they did not know Yuki carried the immunity gene, if they found out. He sighed, shaking his head. What was he going to do about him? He stepped out to their meeting place, keeping hidded enough to where he would not be easily spotted by those passing by. It would befoolish to allow himself to be exposed. He waited patiently, for the other male to arrive, the feeling within his stomach refusing to go away.

Fixing his goggles into place, Yuki sighed. Was this a good idea? It was dangerous going out, especially with military in his area. Shaking his head, he pulled on his gloves and his coat. He grabbed the bag that held thethings he was dropping off, before moving to the door. Pausing, he turned back one more time, to retriev a pair of double hand guns from a box on the dresser. He had custom made them himself, to fit his needs. Keeping them where he could easily reach them, he opened the door a crack. No one out there, good. He slipped from the room and down the hall quickly. He made sure to check around every corner before he went, he may have been rash, but he was not stupid. He knew the risks of being careless around here, risks he could not afford. He managed to make it out of the buildibg, and soon enough away from the area without anyone noticing him. As Les had said, a few military personel lingered in the area. Good thing he was smarter. Walking towards the meeting point, he took a breath and slipped down his goggles. With them down and his tall collered coat, it was hard to distinguish much about him other than his black hair. Though others had black hair, so that would be little help to anyone. Showtime.

Kaito had not heard what was going on downstairs, he had moved to far into the home. Looking around was making his heart ache, this was the hardest part so far, other than the killing. Seeing what was left behind, who had been affected by all of this. Shaking his head a bit, he opened one of the closets. Bag, they neeced a bag. He thoughthe heard his sister yell, pausing for a moment to listen. Little noise came from the first level, tough being up here on his own was a bit creepy. He moved to the door, before a sound caught his attention. The window was not far off, drawing his attention. He pulled the curtains aside a bit, befkre he froze, quick,y moving out of the way of the window. No. Those were military vehic,es. This was bad, if they found them... he turned, rushing from the room, "Gem!".

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Andorra walked casually, well, the closest thing to casual she could manage, keeping her head bent down just in case someone else did walk by. In the few years she had lived in the downtown area, since the initial shock of the Breach had calmed, she had only had a few unintentional run-ins with other human beings. Out of the handful of them, only two had been violent, one of which had left a giant scar stretching diagonally in between her shoulder blades, from the bottom of the left to the top of right, and it, without stitches or treatment, had kelloided as well, so the scar was not only shades lighter and visible on its own, but it was raised from the rest of her skin by a good couple of centimeters. Excluding the two physical encounters, the others had simply walked past her without making eye contact or had asked where she was staying, in which case she would lie and say she was just passing through, making up some grand story of a search for a utopia she had heard of through the grapevine. A few more words would be said, occasionally she’d have some sort of trade for supplies with them, “good luck”s would be exchanged, and she would never see that person again. It was simple. Sad, sometimes, but simple.

The sound of spinning tires, multiple sets of spinning tires, made her freeze in her place. She hadn’t heard vehicles in this part of town for at least a good year. Sometimes she could see someone on a bike riding down the street in front of her apartment complex, but that was as close as she got. Instantly her legs were sprinting into the closest alley, thankfully it was beside her destination of the coffee shop, and she rounded the corner behind the building just as the vehicles rolled closer. She dived in to the abandoned building through a glassless window and darted behind the overturned counter. From her vantage point she remained hidden, but could see through a few bullet holes in the counter top. Things downtown had gotten pretty crazy after the outbreak, so the location being the site of some sort of shooting wasn’t a surprise.

“Sonofabitch,” Andorra murmured through nearly closed lips. She made sure to control her breathing, she didn’t need to give herself an anxiety attack, and watched a few vehicles slowly inch by, a couple of soldiers walking alongside them. The brunette let out an almost silent string of curses her mother would have washed her mouth out with soap for and her hand reached into the back of her jeans, pulling out her pistol just in case. She knew if it came down to it of course she would be outnumbered, but she had smarts and a will to survive and that had been enough. So far.

Her fingers skittered over the keyboard of her phone, which she had fished out to make sure April hadn’t called. “MILITARY” she sent to Stefan, pushing the phone back in to her pocket and biting down on her slightly chapped lower lip. She checked her gun, made sure it was loaded and the safety was off, before crawling backwards. Her foot hit a floorboard that was just slightly poking up, it wasn’t noticeable just by looking and usually she covered it with some piece of furniture or debris. She spun around, small hands grabbing on to the edge and lifting up. She held the dark wooden board up with one hand, straining the splinters fighting to keep it held down, and snatched out the small briefcase resting inside, turning it sideways and wiggling it to fit it through the opening.

When the Breach had begun her parents had been quick; her father had gone out to loot, being a tough man with extensive combat and weapons knowledge, and had gathered money and the weapons he could and stashed them away. Her mother had gathered food, what supplies she could, and began her attempt at recruiting others. They had wanted to make a break for some far off island that was barely inhibited, but due to the navy having control over all ports, their plans were changed and it was to an old apartment that an old friend had given them a key to. Andorra still had everything her parents had gathered tucked away in the coffeeshop. Money was useful now, her father had planned ahead it seemed, as it was hard to come by and more valuable than other. Money essentially equaled life now.

The slim girl turned the dials near the latch of the case and spun them so they read 2715, making the lock click. She flipped open the latch and quickly counted the rolls of money just in case and grabbed one of the two resting hand grenades. A gal had to be prepared, she figured.

Angry bile rose in her throat and her light hazel eyes narrowed. The military had claimed this area unoccupied and to be left alone. No patrols, no inhabitants. However orders had changed and Andorra was left between a rock and a hard place. She didn’t like surprises, not even for her birthday when she was six and thought everyone was planning to send her away when really they were planning her party. If the military intended to stay, she couldn’t. She’d have to move herself and April, which was extremely dangerous. Not only was Andorra wanted for her immunity, but she would have to transport April, who was infected and pretty far along too.

For a moment Andorra tried to think of some sly phrase to whisper as she made her great escape, but she came to a blank and grumbled incoherently as she locked the briefcase, knowing she wouldn’t be able to return to this coffee shop again, and tucked it under her arm.

It was that moment that her phone decided to ping, and not quietly. Her eyes widened and she was paralyzed for a millisecond before she grabbed the phone and slammed it against her hip bone in an attempt to shut it up. Thankfully it worked, but she could see one of the soldiers stop in front of the main door of the shop.

“Fuck it,” she mumbled hoarsely and ran as fast as she could in her crouched position. This time she stuck to back alleys as she tried to navigate back to the apartment as quickly, silently, and stealthily as possible. Her phone, still clenched in her hand like it was a life line, vibrated, somehow she had triggered silent mode, and she clicked a button on the Blackberry like device, holding it to her ear.

“You cannot just send me something like that and not explain,” Stefan barked harshly. He never yelled at Andorra, but she could hear the fear in his deep, velvet voice.

“They’re here. They’re downtown, why are they here, Stefan,” she whisper shouted into the palm sized gadget. Her words were choppy as she ran and tried to breathe, making sure to not the grenade fall from her hoodie pocket or the briefcase fall from its squished position between her chest and arm.

“The military? I don’t know, I wasn’t informed of a patrol or anything,” he answered and Andorra could hear his footsteps in the background. He, too, was running, and probably towards her apartment.

“Don’t come here. If they catch you, you’re dead,” she demanded, noticing the slams of her feet on the concrete sounded like the beat of a long forgotten song. She couldn’t place it and the brief distracting thought made her almost lose her footing.

“Too late, I’m going up the stairs now. I wouldn’t leave you alone anyways. Or April,” he added at the last second. Long ago he thought he loved Andorra, more than the way he actually did. But the riff of unexpected feelings had almost been the tear in their friendship and he came to his senses quick enough.

“Be careful,” she whispered into the phone as she ran and clicked off, set on getting to April. She didn’t even notice the movement in the building she passed, the figures in the upstairs windows watching the street as closely as she was.

So maybe Stefan had stretched the truth, just a little bit. He had to, really. He wasn’t actually going up the stairs to protect April, not just yet, though he wished he was. He was in reality still a bit of a distance away from Andorra’s apartment, but he knew he had to convince her that it was too late for him to turn around and save himself, which he wouldn’t have done anyways, but Andorra was much too stubborn at times.

“Fuckfuckfuck,” Stefan uttered, his deep voice seeming slightly deeper in his whisper. He glanced left and right, noticing no movement. His leather jacket billowed behind him, all of a sudden much too hot for comfort, but it wasn’t his primary concern.

He was only on the edges of downtown, he had probably just missed the military convoy Andy was apparently witnessing. That part, Stefan gave himself credit for, he hadn’t lied about. He knew mostly everything that went on, in every branch of the government he worked for. He knew about the experiments, the military launches, all of it. Or at least he was supposed to. He didn’t know how he could have missed the memo on that one, but it had somehow blown right past him. When he got back to work, if he got back to work, he would make sure to get to the bottom of it. Coming up with a reason as to why he even found out about it would be a challenge, but he would face it head on. He had to.

His fingers slid over the touch screen of his phone, sliding through the contacts at rapid speed. He tried two different associates, but neither answered. He needed answers and it greatly angered him that he wasn’t receiving them, especially when his best friend and her sister were in danger. Though he was good at keeping in his temper, at letting things go and being rational, much different than Andy, who went with her gut instinct every moment, when he did let it out, it wasn’t pretty. Kinda like the Hulk.

His heart was beating much too fast for comfort and he slowed for a second, only to reach out and punch the outside of the building directly to his left. He barely registered the pain in his hands as the skin over his bronze knuckles ripped open and blood rushed to the opening like zombies to raw meat, but the tiny bit of recognition fueled his adrenaline and soon he was sprinting again.

Past memories flickered through his subconscious as he ran. He remembered his father training him, making him run every morning before the sun itself had even woke up. They would run through the still sleeping parts of town until every building blurred into the next and the streets all seemed the same. Stefan could almost hear his father screaming in his ear, letting him know that if he gave up he would be absolute pathetic scum, even more so than he already was. Stefan had ran, he had ran and ran, imagining the ground beneath him was his father. The harder and faster his feet fell, the better.

Snapping out of his brief flash back, Stefan skidded into an alley, knowing that if he got caught, everything was compromised. He wasn’t supposed to be far from the base at any time, no matter what. The scientists were supposed to go to work, research, go home, research, and repeat. Sleeping and eating were barely factors. However Stefan’s rank had allowed him more wiggle room, which he used much to his advantage. He didn’t have to explain his every movement to a superior, and he was often sent out on expeditions with the soldiers, either to gather data or just for more muscle power.

As he passed alleyways and streets, he thought he spotted a figure that seemed to be waiting. Not for him, obviously, but for someone. His curiosity got the better of him and he slowed, keeping a suspicious eye on the tall figure a good amount of yards in front of him. He had gotten closer to downtown, and if this was a soldier he needed to know if he would be a problem, even in the future. He made sure to keep his well built figure hidden behind the adjacent building, only one half of his face peeking out.

Stefan watched for a good few moments, but the man, it was a man he was sure, he could tell by the build and stance, apparently was waiting for something far behind Stefan. This mystery person didn’t seem a big enough threat, and so Stefan began to sprint off, knowing he had to make up for lost time. He swore the figure turned just as Stefan did, but he contributed it to paranoia.

It was in that moment, as the paranoia inside him rose in fatal waves, that Stefan wished he believed in a god. He had lost his faith long ago, though a part of him was sure he never really had a lot to begin with. He wished he believed in something to pray to, in some masked supreme life force that would make sure everything was going to be just as long as Stefan prayed. But this was a near helpless world now and if there ever was a god, he had long lost his faith too.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 AM

Standing out in the hall, Gemini picked the cat back up when she heard the stranger mutter something. Just after that, she heard Kaito calling her. He sounded scared, which was really bad. Gemini, cat safely in her arms, ran towards where her brother's voice had come from. "Kai! What's going on? The new person said showtime, and then you called me. Is it the military?" She asked, her mental state switching rapidly between sane and unstable. She couldn't be sure what was real at the moment. Did those dogs come back to life? Kai, I'm scared." She added, hugging the kitty close. But not too tightly, she didn't want him to run away.