Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 PM

Oliver didn't quite know what to say or even think. That was definatly a very morbid sense of humour he had and a creepy smirk to match. Atleast, the male hoped it was just a joke, though it was hard to tell these days.

After hearing that.. did he really want to meet Fate? Sounded like that basketballer met his fate prematurely. The basket fell on him and cracked his head open? That had to be a one in a million chance, right? Especially in a high school, shouldn't the headmaster have kept an eye on equipment? "That certainly is strange, its not every day you hear of basketball baskets just.. falling over."

(( =P ))

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-16-2010, 08:52 PM

"Apparently from what I had heard it had been weakened by that day's game, the players were getting their hands stuck on the basket itself a lot during that game and their body weight eventually made it weak and fall over.The teammates and our classmates all blamed it on Fate, even after the police told us all that it was an accident, as there were no signs of tampering with the basket or the pole that would make it weak on purpose.Whatever the case, it was a very odd incident." Gwyn said, looking to the door as he heard a few sharp knocks, and loud blasting music that seemed to come from a pair of headphones right outside the door.

(HEEEE'S HEEEERE)

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Now it was explained, it didn't sound as sinister as it first had. The pole had been weakened from the games earlier in the day. Though he didn't know much about basketball, he just assumed getting hands stuck on the basket was an every day occurance in the game. "It sounds like it was a very odd accident." Hearing the knock on the door, Oliver looked towards it and was able to pick up the sounds of muffled music. Headphones, perhaps? Standing, he went and opened the door.

(( =O *runs and hides* ))

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 AM

Standing at the door was a 6'3'' man, wearing a plain grey t-shirt and a pair of jeans similar to Gwyn's in color, with an mp3 player tucked into his pocket and a pair of big Skullcandy-brand headphones around his neck, rather loudly playing the song 'Don't Fear the Reaper'. The man had black hair down to his lower neck, with bangs covering his forehead and a bit of his grey eyes. His eyes were a dull color, but there was just something about them, much like Gwyn's, that was very unnerving for no particular reason. "Hey, sorry to bother you but have you seen someone around the apartment across the way?He's my roommate, he's about my height, wavy auburn hair, blue eyes?His name's Gwyn, if he said it."

(Aw, don't fear Fate. c: he's one of the nicer ones, if not the nicest reaper, really.)

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Oliver had to look up at the male and whilst doing so he'd glanced over the males attire, was this Gwyns room mate? They wore similar clothing and both had peculiar eyes. Well.. not peculiar, but something didn't quite seem right about them. Perhaps it was just his imagination. Stepping back, he opened the door wide to reveal his lounge to the male, hopefully he'd spot his room mate sat on his couch. "This the one your looking for?"

((I'll take your word for it =) ))

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-24-2010, 02:00 AM

(Srsly(-shot-) Fate is the least creepy.Still creepy sometimes but trust me, you've seen the worst, that being Gwyn, and that's when Gwyn's not being super SUPER creepy.)

"Ah, yeah, that'd be him. Hey Gwyn!" Fate said, waving his hand to Gwyn. "I got us chinese, so we won't have to go anywhere after we get into the apartment, my feet are killin' me..Ah, hi, I'm Fate, by the way." He said, reaching his hand to Oliver for the other man to shake. "Fate Delacroix.Yes that is actually my first name, that my mom gave to me when I was born." He laughed.

Gwyn stood and walked over to the two of them. "Cme on in, then..You don't mind, do you Oliver?You can have your dinner and we'll have ours, as we get to know each other..Make sure we can all stand the person living across from us.Not that Fate is annoying, unless he breaks into song randomly as he often does."

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM

(( xD Fair enough.))

Fate Delacroix? Now that was a name and half to give your child. Oliver continued to smile though and shook Fates out stretched hand. Both males did have something in common, he noticed almost instantly, both seemed quite happy to talk about themselves. Already he'd learnt quite a bit about both males, though he assumed there was plenty more to learn.

"Oh, no, I don't mind." Oliver said, stepping to the side to allow the male in. "That sounds like a good idea." Eating dinner together to see whether they could tolerate being around one another? Oliver was pretty laid back and had plenty of patience, so he was sure it would go well.

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 PM

(Also Oliver's hand should be pretty numb after touching Fate.. 8D Gwyn is actually less powerful than Fate, either that or more powerful and thus can control it, it's the whole touch of death(or kiss of death, for one guy in my other reaper rp involving Fate..) thing. Also, a sign of one of my best characters(in my opinion, at least) is the last name Delacroix.)

Fate came in and sat down on the couch near where Gwyn was sitting, waiting for gwyn to sit down before unpacking the bag of chinese food. Rice, egg rolls, and a couple different main dishes. "Hey, Oliver, Do you have some paper plates or something we could use? I would get plates from our place, but I don't have those unpacked yet." The grey-eyed man said, looking over the back of the couch at Oliver.

"What were you thinking?" Gwyn whispered to Fate, keeping an eye on Oliver to make sure he wasn't listening, before almost glaring at his roommate.

"What?Oh, my shaking his hand?It was only friendly.."

"You most likely numbed his hand, if he's not suspicious about you if not the both of us now I will be thoroughly surprised."

"Relax, how many mortals would directly assume we are what we are? Zero. Most just go to the doctors, thinking they have some kind of circulation problem or something.."

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-27-2010, 08:29 PM

((xD Alright, I'll have his fingers go numb or something. Delacroix is an awesome last name, sounds fancy too =) ))

Closing and locking the door once more behind Fate, Oliver felt something strange with his hand. Well, fingers to be more precise. They'd gone numb. Entirely, from base to tip. Strange. An old gaming injury coming back to haunt him? Most likely. In his teenage years he'd spent so much time locked in his room playing video games that his fingers often went numb and his hands started to shake. Those days were behind him now but.. obviously not completely. Strange that they should go numb whilst shaking someones hand though.

"Hm? Oh, sure. I'll go get you something." With his numb hand safely at his side, Oliver vanished into the kitchen and began rummaging through the cupboards. Thankfully it was only his right hand that was numb, it wasn't his strongest nor his favourite, so picking up the plates wasn't too much of a problem. Nor was carrying them into the living room and placing them on the couch between the two males.

Oliver then returned to the kitchen to sort his own food out. This was going to prove more difficult, especially now the tips of his fingers were starting to tingle.

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-28-2010, 12:16 AM

"Thanks." Fate said, taking the plates and letting Gwyn pick out what he wanted, serving it onto his plate with the plastic spoons and forks they were given."Hey, sorry to bother you again, but while you're in there could you get me a water or something?I forgot to get drinks.." The raven haired male laughed a bit in embarrassment, as he got his own plate of food fixed.

(Short compared to my others but not much to say as of yet)

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 AM

"Sure." Opening the fridge door once more, Oliver took out another bottle of water and the miniature bowl of prawns he'd put in there that morning. The bowl was left on the side to cool and the water was delivered to Fate. Returning to the kitchen, he finished putting half of his own food onto a plate, the rest was placed in the oven for another time. With the plate held tightly in his left hand, he returned to the lounge and sat in the armchair to the left of the couch.

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-04-2010, 08:01 PM

"So.." Fate said, staring up a conversation to break the awkward silence. "What do you do for a living, Oliver?I'd tell you what I do but I might end up talking your ear off." He said, oddly drifting into a british accent for about half of the sentence.

(Shoooooort but at least I posted.)

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 AM

Oliver looked up from his plate and to Fate after he spoke. "Oh, um, nothing interesting. I do peoples accounts and finances, keep them upto date and the like. Do some freelance stuff for large companies too." He said, though was now curious as to what Fate did for a living. "I have two ears, I don't mind you talking one of them off." The male replied with a smile. "What do you do?"

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-12-2010, 09:24 PM

"Well I'm looking to go into game programming, but I don't want to be an office bitch for who knows how long, so I figure if I make my own game that's getting my foot in the door and skipping taht unpleasant bit entirely, so I've been working at a coffee shop and programming that game on the side.So far that means I'm working mearly all hours that I'm awake, if I'm not working I'm eating or sleeping." Fate laughed.

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Oliver knew how it felt to be an office 'bitch', hence why he'd chosen to go freelance and work from home. Work as and when he pleased. "I guess so, but unless your games a hit it won't do much to get your foot in the door." Games were something he enjoyed, one of the cupboard sections underneath his tv were filled with various games. "You don't have time for anything else?"

Terribly Sorry
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-31-2010, 05:01 PM

((Heya! I'm sending this message to all of my roleplaying partners that have not been on/replied in over a week. I'm no longer holding out for a reply for this roleplay, I don't mean to come across as rude/uncaring, but in the past I've always waited patiently on other partners and never gotten anything, which is obviously disappointing. So I'm unsubscribing from the roleplay thread and wish you all the best. However, should you wish to continue or start something new, feel free to drop me a pm if/when you return.

See you around! ))

Klaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 AM

"And that's why I'm working like 15 hours a day on the damn thing to make sure people like it.." Fate said, smiling as he ate. "Not a whole lot of free time, no.I give myself one day off here and there, otherwise I'll start getting carpal tunnel and very sore fingers, from repetitive motions and lots of typing." Fate laughed. "The game is about a reaper, a god of death.Gwyn gave me the idea, obviously.If you've got a PC, I could give you a demo of it when it gets finished enough.."