Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2017, 02:29 AM

Gage heard the grin in Asha's voice and wondered over it. How could he smile when talking about his hard past. Mulling over his, he couldn't bring the same expression to his face. "Maybe." He shook his head, then corrected himself. "Probably, but now that I know you, I want to make you happy. Even though you're a panther, you're so gentle..." He trailed off with a sigh, wondering just what he was trying to say here. "I think I must have sought you out that first day because I knew it. Somehow. Someway, I knew you." The gentle words hung in the air between them and Gage turned his head to the sky, hunting for the faint breeze that sometimes filtered down through the trees. "Are there clouds out today?" he asked abruptly.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 07-03-2017, 05:43 PM

Asha paused in their movements and looked up. one hand absently cupping the other's elbow to let him know he'd stopped. "Yeah some of them, actually it's gotten a bit more cloudy then the weather said it would." and he hadn't even noticed it. he'd been so absorbed in the other. he'd never been called gentle before..or talked to as if the other person considered him something special. it made him feel..good. "and..I think the reason i didn't run like i normally would of when someone i didn't know showed up..was because you where so.." well non threatening. 'i have to be the only panther i know who's afraid of anything threatening..' some predator he was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-08-2017, 10:59 PM

Head tilted up to the sky, Gage tried to imagine the clouds. Were they soft and pale or streaky or dark ominous things? None of those words meant much to him but he heard them before when desperately listening to others describe things in a vain attempt to get him to see what they did. He could never quite show them what he 'saw' either so maybe it was fair. "You might be the only panther like that but it doesn't matter. I don't think there are any humans quite like you either." Flashing a quick smile, he showed that despite them being strange words, he meant them as a compliment. "Keep talking though. I want...I want to hear about the world as you see it. Everyone describes it differently..."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 07-09-2017, 06:55 AM

Asha considered this as he frowned. "Well i know there's a type of magic my kind can do that can share sight....I'd have to be in my panther form but it might work.." he lead the other to a tree and placed his hand there so he knew where it was. then moved behind a bush just because he was that modest. once he'd shifted, he padded back to the other and nudged his free hand. calling up what little of the magic he had, if he had had a clan, it would be stronger but as he was on his own it wasn't quite as strong as it could be but it should be strong enough to allow the other to see from his eyes. as they made physical contact he sent his magic through the touch and let it soak into the other. for Gage the view at first would be fuzzy, just lights and shadows, and asha's mental 'I hope this works..' echoing in his head as if he where talking to him. asha focused on the sky so the other could see it when their minds linked up properly so that the other could see.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-17-2017, 08:34 PM

Gage froze with the abrupt suggestion from Asha. "What? How is that possible?" he asked, knowing a bite tinged his words, but it was surprise and wariness more than anything that brought it on. His family didn't raise him with any real ties to magic other than their animal forms. And a magic link that could share what each other saw? This only boggled his mind. Still, when Asha led him to a space and shifted--Gage could tell from the feline scent suddenly wafting in the air--he let it happen.

Gage felt the fur under his fingers and settled his hand as something fuzzy and strange starting to emerge from his eyes. Indistinct and bright, he didn't even know what to make of it. He had to squint, so unused to using his eyes for seeing. And what a thing he saw as the image got clearer. He couldn't...no words existed for this kind of thing. So long people tried to describe it to him, but nothing ever came close. The things he saw transcended human language completely.

Glancing up at the sky, he felt the image sharpen for one dizzying second into a clear image and that was enough. Too much really. The second he got a clear look at it, Gage wrenched himself away from Asha and stumbled back a few steps. His head reeled and he fought for a second to stay on his feet. The sights vanished with their broken contact though and Gage reveled in the familiar darkness that settled around him. "Wow-!" he gasped. "I can't...I don't think I can do that again!"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-17-2017, 09:03 PM

Asha's mental voice was soft. 'The links permanent, all you have to do is reach for it mentally and you'll be able to see through my eyes when your able.' warmth washed through gage's m ind, sort of feeling as if someone was chuckling, though good naturedly, inside his head before asha carefully closed down his side of the link after 'showing' the other how to do so on his end. when he rubbed his head agaisnt the other's hand this time the link remained closed before asha padded back to where he'd left his clothes and shifted forms, redressing, though he himself felt a tad dizzy for a moment. it'd been a while since he'd used his magic. normally he had no need to other then keeping his mind blocked from any and all magically inclined mind readers.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2017, 02:42 PM

Gage felt the warmth for another second longer before Asha closed the link. Although he reveled in the connection, the resulting wall of solitude that dropped down after felt comforting. He knew now though that he could continue to link them if he needed to. He still didn't know how he felt about it, but he did love Asha for trying. "That was amazing," he breathed, following Asha's sounds so he could stand nearer to him without touching. "I didn't know such things were possible. I wonder why my family never uses magic like that..." He trailed off, not sure if he wanted to ruin their moment together with practical speech.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-25-2017, 04:03 PM

Asha chuckled. "Everyone has different magics. Mines just more willing to do as I ask then be set in certain types. there are for instances wiccans, witches, wizards and the like, sorcerers, and mages.. I'm.. odd as I don't prescribe to any of their rules." not to mention he seemed to have a deeper connection to it but then he couldn't be the only one that magic answered so readily. right? he reached out and ran his fingers along the other's hand offering but not initiating the contact. "So, should we go listen tot he waterfall sing?" he inquired. he felt. relaxed. actually. after initiating that small link. sure there where others, such as mental links that could enable them to talk mind to mind but he wasn't going to do those unless the other was willing. so the one they had was strictly tied to their eyes.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-02-2017, 12:19 AM

Gage pursed his lips, still thinking there must be more to Asha's magic. It was strange and shapeshifters weren't the same as witches or mages. Although there were no written facts on it, Gage always figured their abilities were a gift of nature not born of the elements like other magics. Real magic like that was mostly myth anyway. It was only those just born with one magic trait. Sighing, he touched Asha's hand for a second before letting the point of connection fall away, not because he disliked it but because he didn't need it. "Perhaps. That sounds fine though. We're really close to the waterfall aren't we?" he asked. The sound didn't come from far off, but he couldn't locate the direction of the water exactly because of the soft foliage that muffled every noise. A person like he could get lost on the woods, but then, he never really feared them.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM

Asha's free hand covered the other's for a moment. "Yes. just a few more feet and we'll break the forest's edge that's around it." the gentle touch of the other's made the release of the possible link..less of a slap and more a 'he didn't need it' "What types of foods do you like?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-05-2017, 09:38 PM

Humming slightly, Gage followed Asha's instructions as he walked, following his own ears, but mostly trusting Asha to lead them correctly. He felt safe with the other boy and like he didn't need to force himself to always stay on alert. It was strange really. He turned his head slightly, surprised by Asha's other question as he pulled to a stop, knowing the water's edge was nearby by the softness of the ground underneath his shoes. "Food? Why do you ask all of a sudden?" Was Asha hungry? He didn't really understand and just stood there, waiting for some kind of clarification.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-06-2017, 12:27 AM

"No, just curious and wanting to know the things you like.." Asha said, was the toher hungry?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-06-2017, 11:02 PM

Gage shook his head, still a bit baffled by the sudden turn of the conversation. He listened to the sound of the water for a minute before finally responding, wanting to appreciate what he could of the scene before ruining it with conversation. "Soups, and cheese, my mom's squash casserole. Simple things like that," he finally answered. He didn't often think deeply about his likes, dislikes, and favorites of tedious small matters like that, but he surprised himself by still having a clear answer. "You? What food do you like?"