M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM

sushi_mew: Wow... and it lives ON. rofl

Ouch...I don't like it when sites are unstable. Causes a lot of problems.

Ooo! Crocheting is awesome! (Although, I can't do it to save my life). My mother made me headbands since she knows how to crochet. I can take a picture of them if you want to see them? They're basically just to keep your ears warm from the cold ' n ' such.

WHAAT?! Nuuu! I want to see'em! o:<

My guy = my bf??? xDD Good and yes! The job hunt is still...awful.

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 01:46 PM ----------

How did it go with that guy at work? (You were going to ask him to be your valentine)

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22 View Post
So I decided to be crafty - took some work and people to help me (a friend to make and scan a pattern to email to me, and my mom to post me a box of some supplies) but I managed it! :)

I made a little pocket for an iPod (but it does fit an iPhone as well.) :)
*image*
Awww! I love pandas! D:

I tried making sleeves like that... didn't come out very good because I tried to double the felt on it, like a blanket.
Anyway! I think that turned out really good <3

I have been working on making a Christmas Raccoon! The Santa hat phailed on me, though... I didn't give myself enough fabric to work with and the felt I used was a indented design one and very stiff. Bad bad idea.

I will take a picture of him on what I've done so far, soon.

---------- Post added 02-24-2014 at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh!

Update on the Halloween Wolf: I didn't progress on him... so many pieces to put together.
And annoyingly, the fabric has frayed a little. So, I don't know if I want to continue with him.

Update on the Purple Octopus: I trashed it.
I had gotten fabric glue @ Michaels. I tried gluing each tentacle individually, letting it dry for 24 hrs (like it said).
But... the glue was a hot mess. I got it on my fingers and on the other tentacles.

I did try to sew it on to the body...that was horrible too. So, I just took my materials out of it and threw it away.

It may have just been the glue I got, it's kinda like regular elmers glue but for non-stitch gluing.
It does work, though. I used it to realign some studs on a skirt I have and it's perfect now.

Last edited by M i r o; 02-24-2014 at 06:55 PM..

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 AM

Totoro plushieeee! o 3o
So precious

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2014, 09:55 PM

Yesss. 8)))
I wish there was a pattern for the white lil one, though.

---------- Post added 02-25-2014 at 06:17 PM ----------

Here's what the red raccoon looks like:
Racoons and a Yeti, Soft Plush by DarknessampLight on deviantART

8P

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 PM

What white little one?

Very cute! I bet you could make an adorable fox.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-26-2014, 05:30 PM

oooo! I wish had enough orange... maybe I do? I will have to check.

This little white guy:

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-26-2014, 06:10 PM

You could make a small one

It looks like the same pattern just super simplified. Just body/head, ears, tail, and eyes.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-27-2014, 09:23 PM

True. That or the other patten cheekandstitch made might be a better bit for the smaller body.
I wish I had a printer, though. XD

And I've checked, I have no orange felt left ):
That, and I also ran out of red. I only get a small amount as I go.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 02-27-2014, 10:54 PM

@miro
Homestuck will forever live on in my heart when it's finished too <333

!!It's only unstable when there's thousands of people trying to get on it within 10 minutes' time.

yesss crochetting I can wrap my head around and it's more portable than knitting! (single stick that's susually quite short compared to two large needles)
sure! I've only ever made little plushes (my yan project from a few years ago was crochet) I haven't looked into making scarves and the like. I'm not ready for the frustration

you should know how lazy i am with taking pictures of things miro

yes! your guy = boyfren.
The guy at work = eh /:
He got a girlfriend a couple days before I was gonna ask him out so I respected that and bluhh. At least I know I can turn my feelings off for people by choice (most people at least)
But I'm not bitter about it nor am I angry. Just disappointed for a couple days and then I was fine LOL

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 AM

Awe! What material do you use? Is it expensive?
There are some cute owl designs I've wanted to make, but I don't know much about sewing, and haven't really got the time. But I'd love to take up more crafts once I'm done with school. I want to learn to knit! I've got my eye on some lovely faux leg warmer designs.

I haven't watched Homestuck in ages

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 03-21-2014, 02:48 AM

I've been teaching my daughter how to sew over spring break. She's also slightly obsessed with Pokemon. This is our first project together, Cherrim. (ignore the mess in the background, I don't bother cleaning until after they've gone to bed. haha) I think I may have created a monster by teaching her how to use the machine though...I woke up to the sound of it running! Tomorrow we start on simple embroidery so we can do their faces with that instead of with little pieces of fabric and fabric glue. ^^;;
Anyway, we had a lot of fun with this one.
ALL Handmade OR Handmade & Machine? handmade/machine

Current Projects poliwag and pichu
Materials Used felt and fleece

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 PM

Thanks for sharing/pinning, Melody! :D Sorry this reply is so late, lol.

I love Cherrim! <3
I believe that's a good attempt at making Cherrim ~

I haven't tried making any Pokemon plush myself.
They seem too complex to execute. I don't see how the ones who can sew them make them look so good.

---------- Post added 04-03-2014 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_mew View Post
@miro
Homestuck will forever live on in my heart when it's finished too <333

!!It's only unstable when there's thousands of people trying to get on it within 10 minutes' time.

yesss crochetting I can wrap my head around and it's more portable than knitting! (single stick that's susually quite short compared to two large needles)
sure! I've only ever made little plushes (my yan project from a few years ago was crochet) I haven't looked into making scarves and the like. I'm not ready for the frustration

you should know how lazy i am with taking pictures of things miro

yes! your guy = boyfren.
The guy at work = eh /:
He got a girlfriend a couple days before I was gonna ask him out so I respected that and bluhh. At least I know I can turn my feelings off for people by choice (most people at least)
But I'm not bitter about it nor am I angry. Just disappointed for a couple days and then I was fine LOL
loooolll

True.

Pfff! But scarves and such are beautiful things made out of Crochet. DO EEET! Push through the frustration!!! xDD Have you done those chibi pokemon crochet plushies? Tokyopop keeps re-sharing whoever made those. I thought they were pretty neat. I know I can't do it.

... I know u w u b;
*gives you a speed boost* GOGOGO!

Aw! I'm sorry to hear that, Sushibby :(
Those things tend to happen. That boy should be slapped! But by an unknown force that justifies it as karma. rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Awe! What material do you use? Is it expensive?
There are some cute owl designs I've wanted to make, but I don't know much about sewing, and haven't really got the time. But I'd love to take up more crafts once I'm done with school. I want to learn to knit! I've got my eye on some lovely faux leg warmer designs.

I haven't watched Homestuck in ages
I use felt from Michaels. It's thick enough to hold up to folding the fabric inside and out. Its not expensive, just 29cents. I don't use minky or anything like that because I'm not confident enough to get fabric that costs more that I may ruin. I mean, I can sew. But sometimes some shapes are hard for me and I keep going at it until I get it right.

Oooo! There's a new Owl pattern for sale from Teacuplion 8))) I want to get it!
I wish it wasn't 12.00$, though.

Knit??? Oh boy, well, I wish you good luck on knitting xDDD

You like Homestuck too? Geez

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 AM

That's not so bad. I'm sure you'll get real confident in it with time and make some very amazing things. :) Perhaps you can sell them one day and make some nice cash.

Owls! <3
Bah, yeah that's a bugger

lol Right? My roommate is so good at it, and I'd love to be able to make stuff.

I did in the past. Like I said, I haven't seen it in absolute ages.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM

Yes. That's what I was hoping to accomplish but I lack a variety of materials.
And it would be nice to have a sewing machine instead of doing all by hand. > .o

Owls FTW! xD

I wish Disney, BlueSky, and Dreamworks would make more movies involving owls and foxes.
BUT I dont want anything else like Fox & the Hound. I despise taxidermy. *

I mean, I used to like that movie but only because of big mama and those two idiots after that elusive worm.*

Ooo, your roommate can mentor you ~ that'd be nice.

I know. I'm just focusing on you liking it. ;P
I have actually never read or heard anything about Homestuck until Sushi told me.

Last edited by M i r o; 04-06-2014 at 03:17 PM..

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 04-06-2014, 06:07 PM

Beautiful soft soft crafties
I'll make them some day >.< for now, I'll try to be content with watching other peoples projects XD The trouble of trying to get felt here D<

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 AM

Pokemon ARE hard! If I'm not out there the moment she decides to start making something we go through a lot of felt and fabric. xD I'm still trying to get her to embrioder the faces instead of just coloring them on, it's a learning process, but totally worth it. I should get together a picture of all the ones we've made. I think we're up to a collection of 10?

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexadis View Post
Beautiful soft soft crafties
I'll make them some day >.< for now, I'll try to be content with watching other peoples projects XD The trouble of trying to get felt here D<
lolool Trouble? Are you in a country that doesn't sell felt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
Pokemon ARE hard! If I'm not out there the moment she decides to start making something we go through a lot of felt and fabric. xD I'm still trying to get her to embrioder the faces instead of just coloring them on, it's a learning process, but totally worth it. I should get together a picture of all the ones we've made. I think we're up to a collection of 10?
Yes! Well, more anime characters are hard too. I haven't tried sewing any of them, though. But I really want to try to make one of those penguins from Disgaea anime/game. And some messenger bags.

You have a embrioder machine?! I wish I had one. I'd settle for a sewing machine for now, though. I hate stabbing myself with the needle. I don't use a thimble because that just complicates things. xD

Painting them on? Do you guys use fabric ink?

Ooo, 10s a lot!