bubblemei
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2013, 02:10 PM

I saw that this was the subforum where cosplay goes, but I didn't see anything about cosplay itself!

I'm pretty big into cosplay, and I'm gearing up for my next big convention in the spring. The things I'm working on right now are Rei from Evangelion, Seto from Kagerou Project, and Sailor Moon from (you guessed it) Sailor Moon. I'm done with all of them except for Sailor Moon and just need to put finishing touches on the other two (getting accessories for Rei and fixing Seto's goggles)

Is anyone else working on anything right now? What are you trying for?

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 AM

I'm starting on a Survey Corps uniform from Attack on Titan. Gonna be Eren some day. I'd make a really good Eren - I have the right hair and eye color without any extra effort so all I need is the uniform.

But, I'm going piece by piece so I don't have to buy everything all at once...especially since I'm picky as fuck when it comes to materials. The cloak, for instance, is going to be made of heavy cotton canvas lined with flannel - because the cloak exists for protection and despite the fact that the technology there does seem highly advanced for the year 845, I DON'T imagine they'd have synthetic materials, so...yeah. I think too much about those kinds of things as I work. I'm a sucker for details.

I'm also working on every variant of Cloud Strife. Currently in the process of making the swords for Advent Children version. Which...are in fact six separate swords that go together. Again being a sucker for details.

Next convention I'm probably going to is in January and I'm already panicking oh shit oh fuck.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 AM

I'd love to do a cosplay someday... There's a con coming up near me in March next year, so maybe I can do one for that? It'd have to be a simple one due to time/ability constraints, I think.

Hmmm... I think Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon would be legit, or Diva from Blood+. Maybe Tifa's FFVII: Advent Children outfit. Aaahh, the possibilities. o_o

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-28-2013, 03:56 AM

I need to do something one of these days....its been too long.

Things I've done in the past include Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi, AI from Princess AI, amongst others. Those where just the most recent.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2013, 04:18 AM

Not working on any cosplay, but currently helping wifey work on a steampunk costume.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-30-2013, 11:31 AM

Steampunk

Steampunk has been growing exceedingly popular lately, this makes me happy.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 10-01-2013, 11:55 AM

I've been thinking about cosplays for Kitacon next March. I'd like to make a fem!Jake English outfit so I'm on the look out to see if I can buy things rather than try and make everything since I don't have any experience with haberdashery.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 10-07-2013, 03:57 AM

Not really "making", but I'm working on buying a Khaleei hair wig and a Khaleesi costume. First year trying to be a character, so hopefully one day I'll be able to make something on my own, if my mom ever finds the patience to teach me sewing etc.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Uh maybe someday I'll cosplay. But I've been watching sailor moon uncut lately and now I want to grow my hair 15 more inches so I can hair her hair exactly the way she does lol

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 PM

I'm in the loose brainstorming stage of a TARDIS cosplay. My boyfriend looks a considerable bit like Matt Smith, so we've been talking about doing a Doctor Who couples costume for Halloween. The only problem is that we don't have any parties to go to and thus a reason to dress up... But we might throw something together anyway and try to find some kind of event to go to, then save the costumes for the next time a con rolls through.

So far my idea consists of a headband with the little light on it (I've got ideas for the specifics, but it's too difficult to explain), a neat blue and black wig I saw at the store, a white messenger bag with the whole "pull to open" bit written on it, and... some kind of blue dress with the proper stuff drawn on. I haven't quite figured out what kind of dress, nor where I'm going to get it, but I suppose that will come. For makeup, I was thinking of doing something inspired by the new interior with thick silver winged eyeliner and some sort of ethereal blue eyeshadow that extends out in the direction of my temples. Then I suppose some simple flats dyed blue. Maybe some blue body glitter for funsies. Is body glitter still a thing? Do only strippers use body glitter anymore?

It wouldn't be too terribly expensive to assemble, as it would be a bit amateur (I've never done cosplay before), but I still have a feeling it would cost more than I currently have... Dresses aren't cheap. My boyfriend gets the easy end of the deal, all he has to do is run to Goodwill for a blazer and bowtie, then pick up a cheap fez from a costume store. It only gets expensive if he wants to buy a sonic screwdriver. I have the 10th Doctor's, but not the 11th's.

No part of this post will make sense if you haven't seen/aren't familiar with Doctor Who, but... ah well.

Axenblade
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Axenblade

Old 02-07-2014, 03:18 PM

I'm planning a few, but I can't really get to work on them for a few months. Kinda sucks, but what can you do?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-07-2014, 03:23 PM

I want to update my Jack Frost one. I bought some pants last year but never had a chance to cut them properly or sew on the wrappings.

I would also love to start an Attack on Titan scouting uniform. Or design Zer0's Ech0location helmet.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 PM

I'm currently working on Elsa from Frozen for Youmacon at the end of the year. My little sister wants me to make her an Anna costume as well. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly and I'll actually be able to plan a couple of other cosplays, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Sam_Grey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2014, 12:00 AM

In my cosplay experiences, i have cosplayed as these characters from these animes:

Naruto- Obito/Akatsuki, Minato Namikaze,
Black butler- Sebastian Michaelis, Undertaker
Fairy tail- Zeref, Jellal Fernandes

Are there any other cosplayers here with me?

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 02-14-2014, 10:12 PM

Wow, just ignore this post... I think I was thought I was posting somewhere else... Sad that it took so long to notice...

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 03-09-2014 at 12:21 AM..

ceracun

Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 PM

I am one who hasn't cosplayed before in my life. But I've always dreamed of being a Silent Hill character for "just one day" in time. I need to try it sometime.

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2014, 02:37 AM

I've always wanted to cosplay Sakura Haruno, she is one of my favorite characters ever. I cosplayed Sailor Moon when I was younger and got a sailor suit custom made and everything, it was awesome! I wish I had the confidence to cosplay again...but I'm a bit chubby. ^^;

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-23-2014, 02:45 PM

i am actually working on a pokemon cosplay with a friend. she is going to be zubat and i am going to sylveon!

everyone has seen this: Pokémon Gijinka's - Imgur

thats the zubat we are going to do and im going to do a sweet lolita dress for sylveon.

Axenblade
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Axenblade

Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 AM

I dicked around with cosplay a few years back, but I actually want to get into it seriously and build up a prop/sfx portfolio. If I come up with anything good I'll put it here, so watch this space.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM

I need to touch up the headscrew prop for my Stein cosplay.

Maybe someday, I'll throw together a scythe prop if I can figure out how to make it more or less portable for travel.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to wickedwonderland

Old 03-05-2014, 03:35 PM

I'm working on a Harley Quinn cosplay for Heroes Con coming up in June. I'm really excited about it. Just trying to lose a little bit of weight so that I feel better about myself as well. Going to be helping my hubby with her mallet. It's going to be awesome! He's a great fabricator.