Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2008, 06:30 AM

It's here, the switch is on the doorstep.

The site will be down for approximately 12-16 hours April 23, 2008 at 12:00pm EST, depending on how long the port takes, and then possibly for another 4-6 hours whilst Ken and the AA's do necessary adjusting to put everything where it should be. During this time there will be live chat rooms available for you to hang out in with your fellow Menewshans while we are busy behind the scenes.

This has not been confirmed. if this indeed the case, we will let you know in a separate announcement

When you access Mene during the downtime, the chat room should load automatically. Please be aware that the chat rooms will be moderated, and while in them you must still abide by the site's rules; any bad behavior will get you kicked out, continued bad behavior will earn you a warning, just like on the site itself.

Once the site is open and users are allowed in, we encourage you to start clicking on things and discovering what new. There is a FAQ to help you out, this is located on your dashboard. There is also a guide that covers some of the more basic things, this can be found in a sticky in the information desk.

Please read both these things before filling the Information Desk up with a million and one threads all asking the same questions!

The rules have changed too, so you need to re-acquaint yourselves with those, there's now no issue with using multiple tags or colors within your posts, because BBCode no longer earns you any gold. The earning percentage has been adjusted to take this into consideration. this levels the playing field so that everyone earns the same, and no-one can cheat with tag abuse.
And yes, this does mean that you can use gradient text now, but not flobs!

The rules are in currently under the same tab as the FAQs on your dashboard, so give them a read through while you're in there.

You will notice that you will have every single PM from the beginning of time in your inbox. In order to send and receive PMs from people you will need to clean out your inbox, sent folder, etc.

You will also notice that your user number has changed. Unfortunately this was a necessary evil in order to switch.

Another thing that you may notice straight away is that font sizes are different, this is because Vb works on HTML values for font size, not the BBCode sizes that you're used to.
So don't have a fit thinking that your carefully constructed first posts are ruined, all you need to do is change the font size and they'll be fine again. With HTML, size 1 is the smallest, up to 7 as the largest, you'll find the ones that suit your purposes the best.

There will be bugs, and plenty of them no doubt, but please check for an existing thread about them before creating a new one. The first few weeks after the port are likely to be chaotic while the remaining bugs are identified and fixed. So please try and help as much as you can by not created repeat threads about issues.

DustyDreamer
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 AM

Ahh! This is so exciting!! ^-^ Thanks for the heads up, and I cant wait! ^^

Risque
bing chilling

Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 AM

Sounds snazzy. Cx I can't wait for the changes.

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 AM

Yay!
The long awaited!

> w <

edit ::

Aww...I like my user number....
-sigh-

For future rememberance my original user number is 15160.

Ruby_Dawn
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Ruby_Dawn Send a message via MSN to Ruby_Dawn Send a message via Yahoo to Ruby_Dawn

Old 04-23-2008, 06:47 AM

thanks for the update jurupamae! I am very excited and cant wait to see the new Menewsha :)thank you guys for all the long hours and hard work you put in to make this happen for all of us *big group hug*

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 AM

Awesome, another new Mene layout!

Good luck guys, t'anks for doing this for us! <3

...now I'm really heading off to bed.
x3

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 AM

How are our numbers changing? o_O

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2008, 07:02 AM

My usernumber here is 1393 I think. In the new software it is 29107 I believe.

You won't have the low number you have now.

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 AM

AWESOME!! 8D

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 AM

Yay! Congratulations you all did it! *throws confetti* :D

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 AM

T_T But I like my usernumber!

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2008, 07:19 AM

Well... gonna have to say goodbye to it. There's no changing it. It has served you well though.

Lsaylor
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 AM

well think about it this way.
itll mean more by the date you joined and nto the number.

im just worried about my gold count =//
so with the tags.. o_O say about as long as my post <- here
would be about 3.50 or so gold with tags, without the tag system how much do you think itd be?

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 AM

*sobs pathetically* But it was the most awesomest number ever! *clings pathetically to is*

Lacy, every character in your post earns you gold. just subtract0.01 gold from your post gold for every character of your tags.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 AM

A big step for menewsha...

Will new games come with the new software? ('with' as in, when the new software arrives.)

[[I heard that somewhere there'll be new games with the software..., no quoting me.]]

Lsaylor
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 AM

DEREK SAID THERES NEW GAMES
my kind of games
x'3 I LOVE MENE FOR THE GAMES NOW!
;-;

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2008, 07:26 AM

Yep there are new games. :)

Lsaylor
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayms_fallen_angel
*sobs pathetically* But it was the most awesomest number ever! *clings pathetically to is*

Lacy, every character in your post earns you gold. just subtract0.01 gold from your post gold for every character of your tags.

>_>.. dang. xD -most type more in post now-
x.x;
okay
bed time, 2:30 in the morning o-o

Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 04-23-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
BBCode no longer earns you any gold. The earning percentage has been adjusted to take this into consideration.
o: So it probably won't effect it so much...I'm not sure how the earning will change though. O.o

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2008, 07:43 AM

*chuckles gleefully* Fabulous! Of course, I'll still betyping win purple even though it won't make me any cash.. mainly cause if I don't, it's not me!

Thanks for the heads up about the private messaging and the font sizes - I would hate to slip into panic mode when I return to my quest thread and shop to find them looking odd! *grin*

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 AM

WAIT THE NEW SOFTWARE IS NOT A MYTH????

miew
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 AM

oke cool
i'll be sleeping most of the down time
but thats oke :)

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline
WAIT THE NEW SOFTWARE IS NOT A MYTH????
No... it's elusive and rarely seen, but it is real. I swear it. :lol:

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 04-23-2008, 08:00 AM

Looking at the screenies, I only have one question. In the trading area. Will the items be in order as they are in my inventory. That way I can stop trading my set that I take the time to organize via trades >,>;

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2008, 08:06 AM

Your entire inventory will load when you initiate a trade and then you can simply check off what you want to include. You won't have to do it one at a time anymore, thank god.

Anything you have equipped will not be accessible, meaning you will no longer be able to ghost your avvies. I don't know how this is going to affect people with currently ghosted avvies once we switch. I imagine the items will disappear or get stuck on you but we will have to see about that.