Pietro
Photographer

Old 05-02-2009, 04:47 AM

I am young, but I have my mind set on photography.

My flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awesomepossums/

That's only the beginning, I am not confident in all of my pictures, those are only my favorites <3.

So, enough about me.

WHO ELSE PHOTOGRAPHY?

Strut your stuff!

colorful set
poupou
Send a message via AIM to colorful set Send a message via MSN to colorful set

Old 05-02-2009, 02:56 PM

moo moooo

i used to do a lot of macro photography, and i just realized how 90% of my photos from this year were landscape or scenery. o_________O

Pietro
Photographer

Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 AM

I LOVE THE LAST PICTURE, and THE SNOW PICTURES the most.

:)

colorful set
poupou

Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 AM

hahahahah
The snow pictures were taken a week before all my tropical pictures.
It randomly snowed at school the week before spring break, and I went to the Virgin Islands for spring break.

I went from one extreme to the other. Both very pretty though.
It was actually my first snow, and my first time in the caribbean.

The last one is the only one I touched up/processed digitally.
It was the prettiest beach I have ever been to, but it was very stormy and a little bit of overcast, so my photos weren't the "Romantic Beach" feeling I wanted, and I decided to make it dark and detailed with Photoshop. Lols.

Pietro
Photographer

Old 05-04-2009, 03:31 AM

Very good job <3

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM

I think I could be interested on a hobby level if the SLR type cameras were not so expensive and difficult to haul around. Maybe I could get into photography later on.

It costs several hundreds just to get started and then you need to buy special lens and then in a couple of years your equipment is outdated because the technology moves so fast. I just can't afford this stuff, at least not without ditching other expenses such as fish-keeping and or my artwork.

Then there's the lugging around a huge camera factor. The best photo ops I have is when I am out and hiking...And I don't like hauling duffle bag of photo equipment.
Once I was out on a hike and this person comes by with a duffle bag and pulls out a fancy SLR type camera...
I was sorta like...I want...but then I realized, no way I am ever going hiking with that even if I could afford it.

What I am especially interested in is getting some nice pictures of my catfish.
They are about 18-20 yrs old and I'd like some nice memories shots. So for that purpose I have been looking for a higher end point and shoot camera which can take decent zoom/macro pictures of my fish.
Yes I could use a SLR camera here and I was told if I was serious and had the cash to throw at it, that's what I'd do.

At first I was looking for a camera that could handle everything, then I decided to go into a different direction since in order to get a good zoom lens for my fish pictures, I'd have a bigger camera. The big deciding factor is I am wanting to go backpacking again and weight is a big factor when backpacking. Now that I don't have to compromise for my hiking with weight as much, I can get one with a 15 optical zoom for my fish.
I might still take it hiking, just not on real backpacking trips where I stay overnight a couple nights in the wilderness.

So I just bought myself a simple camera for my planned extended hiking, a Kodak M1093 which I snatched up when Kodak had their $70 off on day sale going on.
It's going to fit into on my waist bag easy , since it'll be easy to carry around, I'll have it with me more often.

colorful set
poupou

Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 PM

I don't have an SLR and I still like my photos.

Just because you have an expensive camera doesn't make you a photographer.

FakeSunShine
Loveless Angels
Send a message via AIM to FakeSunShine

Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM

Actually i am like in love with photography and am in that class right now =P i feel working with all types of camreas are coom what about you? i personally really love poliloids the ones that print out the picture after you take them then i like normal camreas with black and white film granted the digital ones are the most practical these days i just have a love for all types of older tecnology

i love the close up of the doll and also i like how you stared that the focused hair and blury face were un intended i think you being honest about that shows alot of charater if you have any other shots please i would love to see them some time

Last edited by FakeSunShine; 05-11-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Lissy
Photographer

Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 AM

I love photography. I have a Nikon d80 dSLR camera with a fairly decent lens. As soon as I turn 18, I will be applying at the local photography studios that are hiring. But for now it's just a hobby of sorts. (Mine: http://nyrissa.deviantart.com/ )

I rather not edit mine. Unless there is a lighting problem or to crop. I don't see why they should be edited besides that. ;><

Amythist
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Amythist Send a message via Yahoo to Amythist

Old 05-15-2009, 02:20 AM

@ colorful set - lovely pictures!
@ flea - very interesting shots on your flickr! :)
@ lissy - great shots!

I do both film & digital photography, i've taken both black and white and color classes. I can develop and print my own film. :) love love love learning more. http://amythist.deviantart.com

a few favorites..

Lissy
Photographer

Old 05-15-2009, 02:24 AM

My b/w shots are converted on the computer. Only because I can't get a hold of the correct equipment to be able to actually shoot it. I'm not 18 yet, so I can't order things, and they closed the Ritz near me. Well, are closing, but they sent all the good stuff to another location.

I dislike film cameras only because I can't take as many shots as I want to unless I want to pay a ton for film. o.o

edward_L_gaara
vampireliciously death noted nar...

Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 PM

I prefer drawing but I also love photography. It's really cool how you can make something look so amazing!