javvie
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 AM

Hi folks! I want to know what do you think about disney animation style of drawing. I know, manga is still the best, but everybody as child love to see Disney/Warner Bros./Hanna Barbera cartoons, not only anime, am i right? ; )
And if anybody like to draw (or like drawings) in that style please tell, I will put here some of mine (cause I bought scanner at last!) and maybe make an art shop : )

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 06-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Haha, anime's not the best....

Do have ot say, though - although I can't draw Disney style, it's great stuff and highly influential. After all, anime evolved from Disney.

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM

Hum... there is a lot of different style in Disney anyway but I like it ^^ Seems rounder and more fleshy to me somehow.

javvie
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Haha, anime's not the best....

Do have ot say, though - although I can't draw Disney style, it's great stuff and highly influential. After all, anime evolved from Disney.
yep, i know anime isn't the best. i can't say everething in english well but i mean it is the most popular style in any drawing forums, you know.

Blaid

Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Disney is what I grew up with, and as such I enjoy the style very much. Every time I find an artist that draws in a style even vaguely resembling Disney style I get giddy, especially if they draw characters that weren't in that style originally in that style.

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-26-2007, 06:15 PM

Aw, I love Disney style drawing. All the old Disney movies I love. It's like a childhood memory kind of thing to me so it's precious to see it. It's bubbly, as in, the lines are never too straight, so it gives it a sense of softness or liveliness which I really love.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 AM

Disney art are sweet, simple and nice looking. Althought not as flashy as anime, but they have their good points. I encourage my cousins to start drawing Disney instead of jump straight to mechas or anthros. XD

I like Cinderella the most. :D Mainly because of the story, though. and Mulan for the one of the fewest eastern story made by Disney.

Neppa Didier

Old 07-27-2007, 03:22 AM

I grew up with Disney as well, of course. But it was only recently that I saw the genius behind the whole operation - it's not very childish to me anymore.

Anime is certainly nowhere near as sophisticated as Disney animation, unless you count OVAs like FLCL or Miyazaki films. The animation in anime is highly crude and simple in most anime, even if the images appear more pleasant to the more adult eye.

There is no specific "Disney style," which is something I really appreciate in such a company. More recently, as of the past couple of decades, the films have taken on more and more artistic influences, from the pointy Hercules, to the boxy Atlantis, to the silky, rounded Mulan.

I have tried to experiment with the general pre-1980's Disney style, and unfortunately I can't get much of a handle on it.

As an artist, my ultimate career goal is to become a Disney animator (obviously why I was drawn to the topic). I don't think that there could be any greater accomplishment in my life.